Sign in to follow this  
Chaingunfighter

Medics from "Out-of-Team" Healing

Regardless, I think medics should act autonomously in the absence of overiding commands. i.e. see a wounded squad member - heal.

I was playing Chernarus Apocalypse 2 (Zombie mission by Celery) with some AI Team Mates, I killed some zombies and the medic of my squad heal them, then... they wake up again and kill the medic LOL

by the way, I played with ACE2 and I think also Zeus AI

AI need to use dragging and fireman carries for sure. That's a major aspect lacking in ArmA 2... And their ability to sense wounded.

I think the devs mentioned in one of the interviews that they're trying to "teach" the AI how to use these things.

A typical squad probably has one medic.

A typical platoon probably has 3 medics.

The space between one squad and another is not so large. Therefore a medic from one squad could treat the wounded from another squad.

However the space between one platoon and another is somewhat larger. A medic from one platoon may well be too far away to treat a man from another platoon.

It would always depend upon the circumstances.

-

I'm not sure about the army, but I know Marines usually have one corpsman per line platoon. In a Weapons Company, they'll try to get two or three per platoon since they can operate as independent sections.

I'm not sure about the army, but I know Marines usually have one corpsman per line platoon. In a Weapons Company, they'll try to get two or three per platoon since they can operate as independent sections.

The Army is the same, I think. In both you have what's called a "Platoon HQ", which has the platoon leader (usually a 2nd Lt.), a senior NCO (usually a Gunnery or Staff Sergeant), a Corpsman/Medic, and a radioman.

I'm not in the military yet though, so I could be wrong.

I think the medic should only heal the player so he can move again. Yes it would be nice if any medic could heal you if you are in thier view or on a support waypoint and was called in. I feel you should only be healed 100% from a MEDICAL TENT/CENTER. Most players here talk about Realism HERE on this forum, well having a medic heal you in the field 100% and Playing this game with revives is a big joke. Just my two cents.

I agree with this, I also like how ace mod allows the average soldier to fix up their team mates with morphine, epi, and bandages, something to consider for arma 3? However only a medical station should be able to heal you to 100%.

You should make one out of every fifty corpsmen completely useless or actually hurt you more. REALISM!

You should make one out of every fifty corpsmen completely useless or actually hurt you more. REALISM!

or your character has an allergic reaction to epinephrine or morphine :p

or your character has an allergic reaction to epinephrine or morphine :p

That's funny because epi is used to combat allergic reactions :yay:

That's funny because epi is used to combat allergic reactions :yay:

Epinephrine (also known as adrenaline) is a hormone and a neurotransmitter It increases heart rate, constricts blood vessels, dilates air passages and participates in the fight-or-flight

Epinephrine is used to treat a number of conditions including: cardiac arrest, anaphylaxis,and superficial bleeding

Epinephrine (also known as adrenaline) is a hormone and a neurotransmitter It increases heart rate, constricts blood vessels, dilates air passages and participates in the fight-or-flight

Epinephrine is used to treat a number of conditions including: cardiac arrest, anaphylaxis,and superficial bleeding

^that :bounce3:

do military medics carry alternative versions of medicine for people with allergies? i have a friend who is allergic to penicillin, and he needs Amoxicillin instead.

^that :bounce3:

do military medics carry alternative versions of medicine for people with allergies? i have a friend who is allergic to penicillin, and he needs Amoxicillin instead.

LOL I am sure at a medical station they do but in the battlefield Epinephrine is used for Anaphylaxis stock, cardiac arrest, and to help stop bleeding somewhat. I don't think they give a rats ass about a normal allergic reaction with some hives in the field :cool:

LOL I am sure at a medical station they do but in the battlefield Epinephrine is used for Anaphylaxis stock, cardiac arrest, and to help stop bleeding somewhat. I don't think they give a rats ass about a normal allergic reaction with some hives in the field :cool:

But, if he has an allergic reaction he could die...no?

Combat medicine isn't all stop the bleeding, start the breathing, protect the wound, treat for shock. Medical providers have to keep everyone in good health so they can stay in the fight. As far as allergies go, you get a red dog tag in your right boot listing your allergies so the trauma unit knows what they can give you. People with severe allergies have their own prescription stuff to fight it. And don't forget that the same corpsmen/medics that treat your wounds in combat also see you at sick call when you're back in the states. They know the full spectrum of medicine.

You get your own little combat pill pack when you get in country with an anti-inflammatory, painkiller, and antibiotic. I never asked what all was in it since I don't have any allergies, but I'm pretty sure its all hypo-allergenic. It wouldn't do for someone to have an allergic reaction to the medicine that is supposed to keep them from going into shock.

I'm not suggesting that sick call should be added to the game. I'm just clarifying for those who didn't know how it works.

Combat medicine isn't all stop the bleeding, start the breathing, protect the wound, treat for shock. Medical providers have to keep everyone in good health so they can stay in the fight. As far as allergies go, you get a red dog tag in your right boot listing your allergies so the trauma unit knows what they can give you. People with severe allergies have their own prescription stuff to fight it. And don't forget that the same corpsmen/medics that treat your wounds in combat also see you at sick call when you're back in the states. They know the full spectrum of medicine.

You get your own little combat pill pack when you get in country with an anti-inflammatory, painkiller, and antibiotic. I never asked what all was in it since I don't have any allergies, but I'm pretty sure its all hypo-allergenic. It wouldn't do for someone to have an allergic reaction to the medicine that is supposed to keep them from going into shock.

I'm not suggesting that sick call should be added to the game. I'm just clarifying for those who didn't know how it works.

ah, well that clears that up! medics are trained in lots of stuff, they are essentially EMTs, and i think SOCMs are trained in stuff like veterinary, dentistry, water purification techniques, basic surgery, gynecology, etc.

I think this could be an incredibly useful part of the game. Having some sort of direct speech so that the AI can hear you and drag you aside or something. Also shouldn't all the people be able to at least stop the bleeding?

I think this could be an incredibly useful part of the game. Having some sort of direct speech so that the AI can hear you and drag you aside or something. Also shouldn't all the people be able to at least stop the bleeding?

It'd certainly give me a good excuse to yell out like a dying man when playing SP rather than MP for once. :D

Hi, the Corpsman should heal you up to a point using the IFAIK that you should have on your equipment (like the Radio, GPS, Compass etc) if you don't have it... then he should use one of his own IFAIKs stored on his backpack or just a true Field Surgery Kit with various uses before dissapear; nothing of this...? then no healing for you, other than stop the blood lost with some improvised thing (a part of the uniform + a mag or just the belt).

Will be pimp if you could have hitpoints (arms, legs, chest, back, groin and head) where after be patched up with the IFAIK, the bandage applyed on this places would be visible as a 3D model so you'll see who's/who've been wounded on the fire line and you could have a better idea or just an impresion of how tough the fight is/was when the mission ends or you get to a trench to join the firefight on support of a friendly unit.

Also... the Corpsman should have the same number of slots than a rifleman, he's part of a squad and another combat unit; a rifleman, so he must have the same gear than a rifleman aside of this Corpsman equipment. Let's C ya

I would like to point out something.

There is a point when it comes to realism where not only it stops to be fun, but actually hinder the gameplay. Let's not forget about this.

Yeah healing civilians would be good, especially for the counter-insurgency gamemodes we play.

I would like to point out something.

There is a point when it comes to realism where not only it stops to be fun, but actually hinder the gameplay. Let's not forget about this.

I agree, gameplay first. Which is why this stuff should be in a module, everyone's happy :)