Sign in to follow this  
SysterYster

Helicopters and autohover!

Someone at Bohemia I. should take on the task to make an autohover 1/2 , or 30%, 50%, 60%, 80%, for helicopters - IF somebody knows what I mean!

(Or Hover 1/2, can't seem to remember, is the same though!)

Making an advanced script for yourself with thrustmaster scripting/programming tools is a bit tricky as you don't have the altitude(and other variables) as an output from the game (if that works as input with their tools - I don't know, seems to be the only choice if you want to improve!)

regards

SysterYster

You'll have to explain it more :) half an auto-hover? Or do you mean throttle step values?

Maybe it's just about having a bit more control over a helicopter in autohover, not a bad idea I think, I never even use autohover anymore because it restricts movement so much.

Yer Autohoover are worse now than it was before. There was a patch at some time ago that fixed something with ai and choppers that made autohoover worse. Its very hard atm to controll the chopper now with autohoover on as it keeps correcting if u wanna move a little, it makes the chopper look like an old rockingchair :)

Autohover in BIS games is there just to make flying choppers much easier for everyone.

Of course it's implementation is completely unrealistic and shouldn't be used if you want to fly choppers normally.

There is a script for Apache which makes auto-hover a little bit more realistic - like auto-disabling autohover when your speed exceeds 18km/h just like in a reality.

Autohover is broken! Watching my helo rock back and forward is enough to make you seasick!

Come on BIS - you HAD it fixed in an earlier patch, but broke it again :(

Dorph;1978724']Yer Autohoover are worse now than it was before. There was a patch at some time ago that fixed something with ai and choppers that made autohoover worse. Its very hard atm to controll the chopper now with autohoover on as it keeps correcting if u wanna move a little' date=' it makes the chopper look like an old rockingchair :)[/quote']

You could send the thing back to Dyson or Henry, They maybe be able to fix it for you ?

There are however, some other alternatives for you.

http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/Automatic_Hoovers.html

Autohover is only good when you need to be perfectly stationary from an already near stationary position, otherwise NEVER EVER USE IT. it has little point and will probably make you crash.

Autohover is for baby men.

Learn to level out your chopper by playing around in the editor.

Autohover just makes you an easier target.

Autohover also allows you to deal with other stuff for a few seconds, like ordering units about or accessing the map, or drinking a cup of tea.

I never use auto-hover, yeah i so cool.

But seriously, i dont use it. I enjoy leveling out the helicopter myself, especially considering what someone said earlier; it rocks back and forth. When i have one of the lads manning the minigun it sure as hell helps NOT to use autohover at all.

As posted before.

Just put this in the init file of your mission and it will work with any helicopter you'll board. Autohover automaticlly when moving less then 18Kph and disable autohover when moving faster then 18Kph

[] spawn {
 while {true} do
   {
    if (driver vehicle player == player  && vehicle player iskindof "Helicopter") then
      {
       if(abs(speed vehicle player ) > 18)  then
         {
          player action ["AutoHoverCancel",vehicle player ];
          } else
            {
             player action ["AutoHover",vehicle player];
             };
        };
     sleep 0.05;
    };
  };

Autohover is for baby men.

Learn to level out your chopper by playing around in the editor.

Autohover just makes you an easier target.

This. If you're going to fly a helicopter, learn to do it first. It's perfectly possible to hover stationary yourself without using autohover. Can't also shoot weapons as easily, but then again you're a pilot not a gunner.

Perhaps people should concentrate on answering the topic rather than telling others how they should play? :)

Perhaps people should concentrate on answering the topic rather than telling others how they should play? :)

Perhaps people should just learn how to play :)

I can play and if I choose to use autohover that is up to me. As DMWarwick says its great for those times when you need both hands to do something.

As for those that don't use it - aren't YOU the big man? Glad you now feel superior.

Still doesn't address the fact that the autohover 'jitter' is still broken.

Thanks for the script shay_gman.

+1 DMarkwick.

Too bad BIS disabled the thank you thingy. They should have keep it and disable the posts counts, maybe then more posts would have been helpful then just a way to increase you BIS forum rank.

That's enough food for the trolls.

Back to topic.

As for those that don't use it - aren't YOU the big man? Glad you now feel superior.

I do hope you havent grouped me into that statement. Never told anyone how to play. And though i couldnt offer the OP any help, like for instance a script, my point was perfectly valid and on topic.

That post about "babymen" and telling people to "learn how to fly" was just asking for it though.

*sigh*

The amount of disrespect on these forums...

I could see the sarcasm in your post rscarrab.

Next my nerd rage will extend to those who don't use crouch (as it won't be realistic, part of milsim) or never reload (as that is for wimps) or even take any transport (as their feet are good enough to run anywhere and everywhere).

If BIS are good enough to put in any features, or the engine is capable of carrying out any feature, I will use it WITH IMPUNITY!

Not to mention that laying down is just plain lazy.

Cant we all just hold hands and sing Cumbaya (Spag Monster RMX)?!

As posted before.

Just put this in the init file of your mission and it will work with any helicopter you'll board. Autohover automaticlly when moving less then 18Kph and disable autohover when moving faster then 18Kph

[] spawn {
 while {true} do
   {
    if (driver vehicle player == player  && vehicle player iskindof "Helicopter") then
      {
       if(abs(speed vehicle player ) > 18)  then
         {
          player action ["AutoHoverCancel",vehicle player ];
          } else
            {
             player action ["AutoHover",vehicle player];
             };
        };
     sleep 0.05;
    };
  };

Nice little snippette there shay_gman :) I will definately try that one out. although, I will probably put the whole lot into an outer loop that tests if you're a pilot every 10 seconds or so... just to save on needless loops per second. I reckon 10 seconds is enough to get me in & off the ground :)

I can play and if I choose to use autohover that is up to me.

I didn't say you couldn't choose to use autohover ingame, you must have misread my post.

I simply noted that autohover is for noobs, just like crosshairs.

But I NEVER said people are not allowed to use it if they want.

Don't you take away my beloved crosshairs. Tell me, is there an autoaim bot as well ? ;)

So glad this is just a game :)

Seriously though, fix the wobbly choppers already.