Sign in to follow this  
hobojoe

How long till we these features in Arma

I am smiling from ear to ear as i just played the Tohk preview :D

i was wonder if we will have to wait till next year to see all these features?

and will you guys animate the arms for driving also?

cant wait :eek:

It's been the topic in their respective forums, both ArmA3 general and Operation Arrowhead general. No official word from Devs short of Ivan himself in an interview stating they'd rather keep such options based on difficulty when discussing the idea for Arma3. Now whether this means they are considering the idea of featuring some of the flight model features from TakeOn for ArmA3 for someone who runs on veteran or expert, or he was just stating in a very broken english kind of way that they don't want to make the FM too difficult in ArmA3 for those who do not wish to have a much more difficult flying mechanic.

Honestly till a dev comes out and says it, no one knows a damn thing lol.

I'd like to see this an option... it would be like giving a wider audience a link into the other game & increase the attractiveness of ArmA to TkOH players and vice versa.

what about expansions to each vehicle that adds the extra functionality

so if you dont have the expansion you are stuck with the average configuration

but if you have expansions to each vehicle it can add more complex functionality

save the

simple things like character movement animation and head tracking

which should already have been in arma for vehicles

i'd really like to see the massively improved view distance from tkoh right now incorporated in arma2. and of course the flight model as we now experience it in this preview build applied to all aircraft in arma2. pretty much like it is now. but added to all the very cool changes the arma2 beta is seeing.

i now often use tkoh preview to play arma2 missions in as the longer view distance really does look quite cool with fires and smoke showing up from quite far away.

edit - and honestly i find tkoh flight model much easier than the arma2 version. more control (mixing collective and flight stick thing to maneuver), more intuitive and able to get more out of it with just a little practise.

Edited by twisted

Flight model used in TKOH will be available in Arma3. We don't know if it will be presented in campaign. We didn't even try it.

There are two options:

1) TKOH FM will be available, depending on controllability for the specific difficulty levels (maybe all of them???),

2) TKOH FM will be available for modders, but disabled for campaign itself.

The decision is waiting for our FM evaluation directly in A3.

Flight model used in TKOH will be available in Arma3.

Please please make it easier to control via keyboard/mouse. The latest preview is, at least for me, entirely uncontrollable with keyboard.

Switching from keyboard/mouse to a flight controller mid game isn't an option (mostly since mine weighs 20 pounds and is larger than my desk!)

Flight model used in TKOH will be available in Arma3. We don't know if it will be presented in campaign. We didn't even try it.

There are two options:

1) TKOH FM will be available, depending on controllability for the specific difficulty levels (maybe all of them???),

2) TKOH FM will be available for modders, but disabled for campaign itself.

The decision is waiting for our FM evaluation directly in A3.

this is awesome news! :yay:

@Damu

Congrats Damu!

Option 1) would be the better choice in my eyes

A brief concept of the idea could look like this:

By vanilla you implement the more advanced flight models in the hardest difficulty level, because users who play the game in the highest difficulty strike for a rather sim-based experience.

The flight models will further also be an option, like the advanced HUD, enemy markings etc, so that the flight modelitself is independent from the general difficulty level.

Regarding the campaign, it would be the best solution to not implement it in vanilla, because Arma 3 will adress a broader audience with more casual players but inform the player about the given option to select the advanced flight model in the above stated difficulty settings.

This would please users who like to play on the most realistic option as possible but who are not so familiar with helicopter-handling aswell as casual players who would rather play it simple or (I think this will be the biggest part) people who would just like to test it and see how it is while not being forced to play on highest difficulty

summary:

• advanced flight model is connected to hardest difficulty in vanilla
  • The flight model is an optional setting independent from the general difficulty
  • It is not the standard in the campign, but the player will be informed he has the option to choose it

summary:
  • advanced flight model is connected to hardest difficulty in vanilla
  • The flight model is an optional setting independent from the general difficulty
  • It is not the standard in the campign, but the player will be informed he has the option to choose it

Definately should go with this.

There should be an option in the difficulty settings that can enable/disable the flight model. By default veteran and above come with the flight model on, lower difficulties default with it off however it can be turned on at lower difficulty if desired.

Also, it should be a server side setting that is enforced. I.e. if the server turns on the advanced flight model everyone has to use it regardless of thier personal difficulty settings.

Really glad you made the decision to put it in :yay:

Edited by cm.

If it's coupled to difficulty model the way difficulty works today (which I don't like, I'd prefer a maximum server dictation rather than an absolute one), I'd say something like:

Recruit - Choice, but defaults to Arma FM.

Cadet - Choice, but defaults to TAKOH FM.

Veteran - Forced TAKOH FM, but autotrim available.

Expert - Forced TAKOH FM, but no autotrim available.

With maximum server dictation in the above context, would mean that server may have a setting for that difficulty to a certain level (i.e. Forced TAKOH FM, but autotrim available), which I could override on a local level upwards (I could make it more difficult for myself), but not downward (Can't make it easier than dictated).

In my opinion it should stay optional no matter which level of difficulty is chosen.

In my opinion it should stay optional no matter which level of difficulty is chosen.

Having the TOH FM as a server side param would be awesome. That way it would be forced on for some server admins who want to run it that way. But that doesn't mean that every server admin will, and it doesn't mean that you have to play the ones that do.

I imagine that single player difficulty options regarding the FM can be controlled by the mission maker either way. (Or at least I'd hope)

Adding RTT plus the clouds plus the flight model? You guys are too generous.

Do not tie it to difficulty.

Will be too limiting.

What you should do is let features of it be enabled through config - this will also let people control the flight model serverside much like it is with crosshairs and map info now.

Hope I'm not too vague here.

Agreed. This is best.

Awesome with TKOH FM in ARMA3. :) Thanks BIS.

Do not tie it to difficulty.

Will be too limiting.

What you should do is let features of it be enabled through config - this will also let people control the flight model serverside much like it is with crosshairs and map info now.

Hope I'm not too vague here.

For Arma, yes, pretty much what I meant with the defaults I suggested above. Except expert difficulty which already has hardly anything useful at all you can actually modify.

Sweet! Have to grab this now so when Arma 3 rolls out, I will be the ace helicopter pilot compared to worst pilot who couldn't land a helicopter without damaging everything but it's rotor on landing....

Sweet! Have to grab this now so when Arma 3 rolls out, I will be the ace helicopter pilot compared to worst pilot who couldn't land a helicopter without damaging everything but it's rotor on landing....

While landing? On the higher difficulty levels, there will be many who can't even take off. ;)

Im Just Wondering if some of the other features like the helicopters will be available in Arma 3. NOt nescarily al of them, but some of the cooler ones, like the Civy Huey and Littlebirds for use by Greek Police as well!

Oh BiS dear lord for all that is good and holy please implement the flight models of ToH into Arma 3. Though in single player you can choose the dumbed down FM or turn on realistic FM, but for multiplayer the server can either choose realistic or arcade FM and everyone in the server will be stuck with that option. This way you can please the simmers and the casual fans, it will also make this game so much more addicting and target a much broader audience. It's a win win situation for you guys! CHA CHING! Keep up the good work, BiS you're finally heading into the right direction as far as the helicopter modeling/handling is concerned. I've waited so long since FlashPoint to be able to fly my squad into combat in a helo and get that feeling that i've done something difficult and praise worthy and not many people can because flying a helicopter is suppose to be extremely difficult. I sincerely hope you guys will implement the FM of ToH into Arma 3, because it'll just make the game so much more immersive and richer. And just think about all the praise you will get from so many fans of sim and fps community, Arma 3 will become a gem in midst of mediocre cookie cutter games that so many other developers are dishing out each year. I've already preordered ToH and can't wait to see how Arma 3 will turn out and of course i'll preorder Arma 3 as well and buy any expansion you guys make for both games.

I wonder if we can load the mod A2OA TKOH as unlike as A2OA load the MOD TKOH

because we have a community of A2 and we have some members in which their profession is a pilot in real life, therefore it is possible but all members of our community you will acquire and we are very eager to release most like to know if this can be made.

I apologize if you do not understand my English because I am Brazilian and I am using Google Translate

thank you

www.combatetatico.com.br

Well, honestly, ArmA (in my eyes) has it´s most power in MP gaming. So I personally don´t care whether the ToH FM will be present in the campaign or not. Most important thing for me is that it´ll be the default FM in MP gaming.

I also hope that the TrackIR will work properly in full 6DOF in ToH and later in ArmA3.