Sign in to follow this  
admrilvoro

Help game stuck in polish

Hi i bought game today and my game is stuck in polish this is crap i tried changing option in game would not let me. I went to cfg file and tried changing to english did not work game stuck in polish i pay $20 for game wtf and no englrish.

Always research before buying games. The Polish version of ARMA 2 is locked in Polish.

Open arma2.exe with a hex editor, search for the string "Polish", change it to "English" or whatever.

Always research before buying games. The Polish version of ARMA 2 is locked in Polish.

well that sure helps me now not knowing that when i go to a united states walmart i purchase a game that looks like it english i install game everything in english then when launch it in polish that messed up

well that sure helps me now not knowing that when i go to a united states walmart i purchase a game that looks like it english i install game everything in english then when launch it in polish that messed up

Return your game to Walmart then.

Return your game to Walmart then.

i did and they said i cant get replacement since i already used cd key and cd they afraid of copy right

Just change the string "Polish" to "English" in the arma2.exe or arma2oa.exe with a hexeditor and the game will be in english.

Just change the string "Polish" to "English" in the arma2.exe or arma2oa.exe with a hexeditor and the game will be in english.

Ok i got hex edit but when I launch it with hex edit it says file is read only or already opened the file is closed and the file is blank at read only option. Am I missing something? Because i can not change a read only file ^^

Probably you don't have the permission to write. Start your hex editor as administrator or copy the exe file to your own directories, change it there, then replace the original file. Or maybe it's just a broken hex editor, get another one.

No. I did it already because there is no german version on Steam. FADE is only triggered by illegal keys and stuff like that.

Edited by doodlejump

Probably you don't have the permission to write. Start your hex editor as administrator or copy the exe file to your own directories, change it there, then replace the original file. Or maybe it's just a broken hex editor, get another one.

k now i can change it I see a list of languages polish englsih ect but when i try to change polish to english windows dont launch because it turns into invalid non win 32 application?? is it another word or something?

You are doing something wrong, it's just a string, you can't break the file if you change it. :D What file is it, arma2.exe or arma2oa.exe?

arma 2 exe well there a list of languages portugese english spanish german ect.

I know.

Here are some screenshots. I'm using Okteta, it is a hex editor for Linux, so probably you won't find it for Windows, but it should work with every other hex editor.

Open the file arma2.exe...

bildschirmfoto49755.png

Click on find, select "UTF-8" (some hex editors don't need this), put "Polish" in the search field...

bildschirmfoto5p7j5.png

Now you have the string...

bildschirmfoto6p7g9.png

Change it to "English" and save the file...

bildschirmfoto7c77m.png

I get a red under line under english and the numbers for english and still win 32 invalid something

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

theres 2 numbers that are like red or purplish

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

NVM I FIXED it ok this what i had to do i had to go one back space and merge it with the intalian hahhaha

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D now i dont have to get a replacemnet :D

dude if you havent seen that comment up there you didnt have to do what i had to do i had hex editor i didnt realize i had to delete something before i got it working without that file stated above:x