Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

Nice! You been working this one for a while and it came out beautiful. Congrats bro!

Nice! You been working this one for a while and it came out beautiful. Congrats bro!

Pharohx!!! :yay: Good to see you have gotten the chance to check them out.

can you fix the Sixupdater file? I have to download this manually, because Six doesn't add configs to the addons map so the mod doesn't appear ingame. Whenever I try to convert the manual downloaded files to Six, my configs get deleted.

can you fix the Sixupdater file? I have to download this manually, because Six doesn't add configs to the addons map so the mod doesn't appear ingame. Whenever I try to convert the manual downloaded files to Six, my configs get deleted.

I am looking into the issue atm... please download from Armaholic in the meantime. Also, make sure you use the correct pbo depending on if you are using ACE or not.

It seems that SIX updater is missing the configs in the download, so you all should use Armaholic.

Edited by Meatball0311

Okey! :) And I was wondering are you still working on the MARSOC combat dive unit you showed us earlier in the topic?

arma2oa2012041110384538.jpg

Okey! :) And I was wondering are you still working on the MARSOC combat dive unit you showed us earlier in the topic?

Yes, hopefully I will get it in next update

Yes, hopefully I will get it in next update

Any chance of seeing jackets or at least all or more sleeves down like they originally were with the Bink marine models? It would be more "neutral" for most environments, I know it's just a minor detail but the option would be nice tho :)

I know how hard you've worked to get these out dog. The units look amazing! Outstanding job!:yay:

I know how hard you've worked to get these out dog. The units look amazing! Outstanding job!:yay:

Thanks a lot Devil Dog

Thank you for sharing with us. Those are definitely one of the coolest units around. :cheers:

mb0311tagco.png

============================================================================================================

mar_MARSOC_V2.1

Meatball0311

============================================================================================================

DISCLAIMER :

I take no responsibility for possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

REQUIRED ADDONS:

* Community Based Addons (CBA)

* ArmA II Combined Operations

* mar_m4 (INCLUDED)

* mar_marines_cfg (INCLUDED) *** ONLY USE THIS WHEN NOT PLAYING WITH ACE ***

* mar_marines_cfg_ace (INCLUDED) *** ONLY USE THIS WHEN PLAYING WITH ACE ***

CREDITS:

This project wouldn't be possible if not for the help and hard work of these individuals. I thank you very much:

Binkowski - For making this possible by supplying me with the new unit models and textures. Thanks Bro!

SABRE - Textures and others

Johannes - Textures and others

FEINT - For helping out with coding and consulting (MARSOC Combat Diver).. Thanks!

Vilas - For the models of the M4's

Ivan Buchta - For the awesome BIS M4A3 models!! THANK YOU and God Speed on your release!

W0lle - For help in getting models and for being a kind friend!

ardvarkdb, scubaman3D, DaSquade - For the awesome PVS-14 model/textures

STALKERGB

Fox '09

[FLT]Myke

JeffersPang - For the awesome models and advice that really helped make this an outstanding addon. Thank you! PVS-15, ANVIS-9, Ops-Core Helmet, PEQ-15, L4G24 mount, L2G05 mount, and L3G10 mount.

markb50k - For the great work on the NVG Mounting. Thank you!

Jake34 - For helping me test.. thanks for your patience and time!

MSOT 8211 - Thanks for all the testing.

Givens - For helping with multi-cam.

skeeko1337 - For multi-cam Ops-Core texture.

BIS - For making this incredible game and for all the support you do for the community. Thanks!

*** OTHERS - If I didn't list your name I apologize. ***

CHANGE LOG:

mar_MARSOC_V2.1

06DEC12

----------

-FIXED issue with CRYE kneepads

-FIXED scripting issue that may cause problems in Multi-Player

-CHANGED displayName from Corpsman to S.A.R.C. (Special Amphibious Reconnaissance Corpsman)

-FIXED multi-cam texture (if anyone can help me improve on this texture.. please PM me)

-ADDED Weapon Pictures that should make it easy to find MAR weapons

-ADDED MAR_SOPMOD_M4A1_EOT

-ADDED MAR_SOPMOD_M4A1_HHSII (Eotech with 4x magnifier)

-ADDED MAR_M4A1_box (AmmoBox)

-REMOVED MAR_M4A1_ELC

mar_MARSOC_V2.0

22NOV12

-----------

This is a major update and I think you all will be very pleased. To start off, I know this may cause some issues with mission makers, but all the classnames have been changed. This is due to the fact of obtaining knowledge on the accurate structure of a MSOT. I have learned based off of this article http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/article/embracing-marsoc-future-marine-corps that a Tactically Organized MSOT consists of fourteen Marines organized into 3 elements: Headquarters Element [HQ], 1st Tactical Element [TE1], 2nd Tactical Element [TE2]. Headquarters Element consists of a Team Leader (O-3), Team Chief (E-8), Operations SNCO (E-7), and a Communications SNCO (E-6). Each Tactical Element consists of a Element Leader (E-6), 3 Element Members (E-4/E-5), and a Navy S.A.R.C. So I had to re-organize the units into the appropriate structure.

Also, I went through each model and reduced the section count and made other corrections that I hope will improve performance. There are a few more things I would like to add, so there probably will be future updates.

Next, there are two config files included. Depending if you are using ACE or not will determine what pbo you will use. If you ARE NOT playing with ACE, then use the mar_marines_cfg.pbo and IF YOU ARE playing with ACE use the mar_marines_cfg_ace.pbo

README:

INSTALLATION

------------------

****** DELETE ALL PRIOR VERSIONS OF mar_inf_marines.pbo, mar_marines.pbo, mar_marines_cfg.pbo, mar_marines_cfg_ace.pbo, mar_m4.pbo, mar_m4_cfg.pbo, mar_m4_cfg_ace.pbo. ******

Place or extract the PBO and Signed files into your ArmA 2/Addons folder along with only one of the config pbo depending on if you are playing vanilla ArmA 2 or ACE MOD.

However the mod folder method is the better solution.

Copy the following URL into your browser to view a Mod Folder Tutorial : http://tinyurl.com/armamodfolder

Vanilla ArmA2 Combined Operations

---------------------------------

1. Place mar_marines.pbo, mar_marines_cfg.pbo, mar_m4.pbo, mar_m4_cfg.pbo into your ArmA 2 AddOns OR MOD AddOns folder.

ArmA2 Combined Operations with ACE

----------------------------------

1. Place mar_marines.pbo, mar_marines_cfg_ace.pbo, mar_m4.pbo, mar_m4_cfg_ace.pbo into your ArmA 2 AddOns OR MOD AddOns folder.

FUTURE UPDATES (TODO List):

-ADD Combat Divers

-Make replacement pack

-ADD Backpacks

-ADD RCO, CCO, and M203 M4's

-ADD Woodland and Desert Camo M4's

-ADD some different loadout CSO's (M249 pouches, Snipers)

-ADD Light Units

HOW TO READ THE CLASSNAME =

mar_msot_cso_111 = mar_msot_TEAMPOSITION_1stMSOT/1stTACTICAL ELEMENT/1stUNIT MEMBER IN TEAM

Units are found under:

FACTION >> USMC Marines Special Operations Command 

Now, for the good stuff. First of all, there are two model types. MARPAT Marines and CRYE uniform MARINES, these

units are broken down into 4 CLASSES:

Found under CLASS >>

USMC Marine Special Operations Command (DMARPAT) - Desert Marine Pattern
ELEMENT/BILLET				CLASSNAME
[HQ]
Team Leader				mar_msot_ldr_1
Team Chief				mar_msot_tchief_1
Operations SNCO				mar_msot_opsnco_1
Communications SNCO			mar_msot_comm_1

[TE1]
Element Leader 1			mar_msot_cso_111
Element Member 2			mar_msot_cso_112
Element Member 3			mar_msot_cso_113
Element Member 4			mar_msot_cso_114
Navy S.A.R.C.  5			mar_msot_hm_115

[TE2]
Element Leader 1			mar_msot_cso_121
Element Member 2			mar_msot_cso_122
Element Member 3			mar_msot_cso_123
Element Member 4			mar_msot_cso_124
Navy S.A.R.C.  5			mar_msot_hm_125

USMC Marine Special Operations Command (WMARPAT) - Woodland Marine Pattern
[HQ]
Team Leader				mar_wmsot_ldr_1
Team Chief				mar_wmsot_tchief_1
Operations SNCO				mar_wmsot_opsnco_1
Communications SNCO			mar_wmsot_comm_1

[TE1]
Element Leader 1			mar_wmsot_cso_111
Element Member 2			mar_wmsot_cso_112
Element Member 3			mar_wmsot_cso_113
Element Member 4			mar_wmsot_cso_114
Navy S.A.R.C.  5			mar_wmsot_hm_115

[TE2]
Element Leader 1			mar_wmsot_cso_121
Element Member 2			mar_wmsot_cso_122
Element Member 3			mar_wmsot_cso_123
Element Member 4			mar_wmsot_cso_124
Navy S.A.R.C.  5			mar_wmsot_hm_125

USMC Marine Special Operations Command (WCRYE) - Woodland CRYE Uniform
[HQ]
Team Leader				mar_wmsot_crye_ldr_1
Team Chief				mar_wmsot_crye_tchief_1
Operations SNCO				mar_wmsot_crye_opsnco_1
Communications SNCO			mar_wmsot_crye_comm_1

[TE1]
Element Leader 1			mar_wmsot_crye_cso_111
Element Member 2			mar_wmsot_crye_cso_112
Element Member 3			mar_wmsot_crye_cso_113
Element Member 4			mar_wmsot_crye_cso_114
Navy S.A.R.C.  5			mar_wmsot_crye_hm_115

[TE2]
Element Leader 1			mar_wmsot_crye_cso_121
Element Member 2			mar_wmsot_crye_cso_122
Element Member 3			mar_wmsot_crye_cso_123
Element Member 4			mar_wmsot_crye_cso_124
Navy S.A.R.C.  5			mar_wmsot_crye_hm_125

USMC Marine Special Operations Command (MCRYE) - Multi-Cam CRYE Uniform
[HQ]
Team Leader				mar_msot_mcrye_ldr_1
Team Chief				mar_msot_mcrye_tchief_1
Operations SNCO				mar_msot_mcrye_opsnco_1
Communications SNCO			mar_msot_mcrye_comm_1

[TE1]
Element Leader 1			mar_msot_mcrye_cso_111
Element Member 2			mar_msot_mcrye_cso_112
Element Member 3			mar_msot_mcrye_cso_113
Element Member 4			mar_msot_mcrye_cso_114
Navy S.A.R.C.  5			mar_msot_mcrye_hm_115

[TE2]
Element Leader 1			mar_msot_mcrye_cso_121
Element Member 2			mar_msot_mcrye_cso_122
Element Member 3			mar_msot_mcrye_cso_123
Element Member 4			mar_msot_mcrye_cso_124
Navy S.A.R.C.  5			mar_msot_mcrye_hm_125 

========================================================================================

WEAPON CLASSNAMES

=========================

SOPMOD Elcan Specter
-------------------- 
MAR_SOPMOD_M4A1_ELC

SOPMOD Eotech
-------------------- 
MAR_SOPMOD_M4A1_EOT

SOPMOD Eotech HHSII (4x magnifier)
-------------------- 
MAR_SOPMOD_M4A1_HHSII

NVG CLASSNAMES
==========================
ANVIS9_OPSCORE
ANPVS15_OPSCORE_L4G24
ANPVS15_MICH2000_L2G05
ANPVS15_MICH2000_L3G10
ANPVS15_MICH2001_L4G24

DISCLAIMER :

I take no responsibility for possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product. If you choose to open the addon, please be respectful and considerate. Ask for permission if you would like to use any part of mar_marines.pbo.

CONTACT INFO:

meatball0311@gmail.com

DELETE ALL PRIOR ADDONS: mar_inf_marines.pbo, mar_marines.pbo, mar_m4.pbo

ARMAHOLIC

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION

mar_MARSOC_V2.1

Edited by Meatball0311

no diver:(

anyway thank you for updating it, will download new version right away.

Please note the downloadpage is not available yet!!

In 15 minutes it will be there (crap upload speed here at work).

Pages published

Edited by Guest

no diver:(

anyway thank you for updating it, will download new version right away.

soon my friend... soon

I'm downloading now and everything looks good so far :D

Congrats on the release Meatball!

Regards astast

Please note the downloadpage is not available yet!!

In 15 minutes it will be there (crap upload speed here at work).

Pages published

Once again.. thanks!

finally had the chance to try these out today. they look amazing. the level of detail is crazy...and 4 different camo uniforms. M4s look awesome too. im guessing there will be more variants in the future? keep up the great work!

finally had the chance to try these out today. they look amazing. the level of detail is crazy...and 4 different camo uniforms. M4s look awesome too. im guessing there will be more variants in the future? keep up the great work!

Yes, I am wanting to add a few more M4 variants and add woodland and desert versions.

Great work man.

Thanks a lot boss. I appreciate all the help you have given me and the opportunity to be apart and test with an awesome unit like MSOT 8211.

Great models and you can always tell how much time and detail you put into your work. It really shows.

Now the stupid: Any chance of these guys as boarding party teams or in Nomex(?) jumpsuits? Maybe boarding is Force Recon, but the flightsuit looking outfits look cool.

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Also, the ace configs seem to leave out a lot of weapons. I know ace has a lot and it would make it a bit redundant, but I want to see YOURS.

To answer your first question about the Nomex Flight Suits. After doing many hours of research on the units, I do see MARSOC using them. I think that it would be great for missions dealing with ship take downs and etc... I think it is a possibility... stay tuned.

The second part of your question I am a little confused with? In my ace config I chose not to arm them with ace weapons but just to keep mine. With a little research you probably could figure out nicely how to change the units loadouts to have ACE weapons. That is the fun with ArmA.. the possibilities are endless. :)

I am going to post a poll (if I can figure how to) that I would like your feedback on. Thanks.

Meatball0311

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I'm downloading now and everything looks good so far :D

Congrats on the release Meatball!

Regards astast

Thanks a lot astast! It would be really nice to see the units in an awesome AMG movie! ;)

Edited by Meatball0311

In terms of improving the multicam texture, you could talk to Sabre about using the texture from his US Army OCP units. Great work Meatball.

In terms of improving the multicam texture, you could talk to Sabre about using the texture from his US Army OCP units. Great work Meatball.

Thanks Devil Dog. I actually talked with Sabre and gave me permission to use his texture, however the texture will need some work to fit my unit models. How things been?

There seem to only be 3 weapons of your they are armed with, though, and the same 3 are what are in the box :(

That's cuz those are the only weapons that meatball has made for his units as of right now. There will be new ones in the future

What's up with the holo sight? There appears to be an extra small red point just below the actual aim point. Is that not supposed to be there, or is it just me being a bit unfamiliar with holo sights?