Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

@SqueekyMidget

The weapons in this pack are part of the MARSOC pack, they come with the units.

I've been working on a replacement pack. Right now I've done Razor Team, but I still need to do the regular Force Recon units.

I made one back in March 2012 for Meatball0311, it's yet to be released by him :p (was set for next release of the unit's but that since passed).

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

yeah, i noticed that mistake on the armaholic frontpage although if you would like the retexture i did meatball you are welcome to it!

Hi there! I just tried your MARSOC units today and I can say I am very impressed with the details and all! However, I noticed 2 things with your units. First, is that the units when use at night time will report that they are "running out of ammo" even though they are already well-geared. I think it has something to do with the flashlight thingy coz the word flashlight pops out via hint on the upper right corner of the screen every time the AI say "running out of ammo". I am using ACE btw along with your ACE configs. Second, I also noticed that there is an out of place texture when you fire the M4s just below the barrel. It's not really that noticeable though. :D

But yeah, a job well done! Really outstanding with the MARSOC units! Two thumbs up for ya! Really looking forward for your next update! OORAH! :coop:

It would've been great if in the upcoming update you added more bumpmap detail to pants and sleeves for example. Like folds to make it look "bulkier", more like fabric like on real units.

Units already look very solid but textures on those bodyparts seem quite flat.

Also it would've been great if body armor had a more noticeable bumpmapping too, especially the back side. Kinda like on OA units.

Can't wait for the multicam skin.

Now that looks nice...outstanding detail! Are those going to be released publicly or are those your personal stuff...cause we all know you got some good shit hiding in your computer somewhere lol.

hey, what was the reason behind removing the Elcan M4?

EDIT: since Armaholic is being terribly slow, downloaded this mod (ver. 2.0) from the SixUpdater. aaaaaaand it's missing the all the _cfg.pbo files, so the mod doesn't work. does anybody have this issue?

EDIT 2: apparently it's not a SU issue, the mod just doesn't include the config files.

Edited by sorophx

Crotch shot.

RyanHunter 24, Crotch shots... are my specialty.

hey, what was the reason behind removing the Elcan M4?

EDIT: since Armaholic is being terribly slow, downloaded this mod (ver. 2.0) from the SixUpdater. aaaaaaand it's missing the all the _cfg.pbo files, so the mod doesn't work. does anybody have this issue?

EDIT 2: apparently it's not a SU issue, the mod just doesn't include the config files.

It does include config files. IIRC they are in a separate folder since you must choose either ACE or non-ACE version.

yeah, downloaded the latest version that had them. SU doesn't include them, though

I am having the same issue. I had to manually dl from armaholic and place the files into the six folders.

Awesome mod ('cept the textures, which just don't have enough detail). Any plans on adding hiddenSelections for the helmets? And, is there a possibility that you could require the player to actually have the NVGs in his inventory in order to mount/unmount the nvgs? Other than that, great addon. Much better than the previous version (as in, the old models).

question does anybody have the 1.0 version (the one with mar_m4.pbo included) somehow its fully incorperated to an old mission so i need them to get it updated to the newer version

the guys look great (2.1) but its a shame its such a big step back (in the older packs we had more type of soldiers (light/ heavy etc.) so i cant wait for the version when they are all back :) )

Edited by supergruntsb78
fininshing what i wanted to say :P

This is, hands down, my favourite unit addon for Arma 2.

Thanks to Meatball 0311 and anybody else involved for the great work. The ACE configs are much appreciated too.

question does anybody have the 1.0 version (the one with mar_m4.pbo included) somehow its fully incorperated to an old mission so i need them to get it updated to the newer version

the guys look great (2.1) but its a shame its such a big step back (in the older packs we had more type of soldiers (light/ heavy etc.) so i cant wait for the version when they are all back :) )

I still have 1.0 Drop me a PM. Or you could go about deleting the dependency in the mission.sqm.

Hello Meatball and I have a feature request for your already awesome units..

Norrins pistol holster script .. The one that removes and adds the visibal sidearm in the holster on the leg or belt of the unit.

...........well, I was going to link the exact script, however it cannot be found by me at this time.. I can link to some units that do use it and credit its use

Specops,Blackops- by Schnapsdrosel http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13732&highlight=NORRIN%2BHOLSTER

These dont credit norrins scirpt but just mentions haveing one. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14340&highlight=NORRIN%2BHOLSTER

EDIT: also, I see that the woodland units still have desert camo on their helmets... may change that to woodland camo? so your head doesn't stick out like a sandy thumb...

Edited by Lordprimate