Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

played alf an hour ago....nothing comparable with your older units.....such an huge improvment....helmets are top notch.

Grats....

These units look great! Your attention to detail is astounding. Thanks for all the hard work, Meatball.

First glance = AWESOME!!!! Nice work Meat. Perhaps this is a stupid question as I simply didn't see it in your video - did you get rid of the "Light" models with the soft covers? I didn't see them. Looks great, progress looks great as well. I can't wait to see the Combat Diver and many more updates to come with the M4's - EXACTLY what I've been waiting to use for my missions! Great work Meat!

Need to fix the knee issue. Didn't apply vertices to bones correctly?

Because when a soldier kneels or otherwise bends his legs - his knees look like a very very sharp L

QTrRB.jpg

Also improving the bag (seen on the screenshot) texture will be good too. BIS default marines have it better. Otherwise it doesn't fit well with much sharper camo textures.

I suggest you also replace the generic ace-of-spades symbol for soldiers in the editor with at least default ones. It's impossible to tell which role the soldier has without investigating closely.

Edited by metalcraze

Need to fix the knee issue. Didn't apply vertices to bones correctly?

Because when a soldier kneels or otherwise bends his legs - his knees look like a very very sharp L

Also improving the bag (seen on the screenshot) texture will be good too. BIS default marines have it better. Otherwise it doesn't fit well with much sharper camo textures.

I suggest you also replace the generic ace-of-spades symbol for soldiers in the editor with at least default ones. It's impossible to tell which role the soldier has without investigating closely.

Well appreciate your opinion and I will look into improving the knee bend. The other issues I don't see too much of an issue with. Also, for your information these are MARSOC Marines not regular Infantry Marines. If you would have read the readme and all the other information I have provided you would have known that the Tactical Elements are set up different. There is no 'job' specific role for the Element Members like a standard infantry squad. There is no Rifleman, or Automatic Rifleman, or Assistant Rifleman. They are Element Members and I assume you can decide and rearm them with the roles you want them to play. Also, that 'ace-of-spades' symbol is actually a Spear as MARSOC is the 'Tip of the Spear' and taken from their logo. I appreciate your opinion but please base your recommendations off of facts, not your personal ignorance. This is a good article that you should read http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/article/embracing-marsoc-future-marine-corps

I would like to state to the community that I have always been open to making tweaks to my units, but I only do this if you can supply accurate information that will actually show me that it should apply. I don't take lightly to any personal opinions that are not supported by verified information. So, if you personally think that something just doesn't look right and it is not based off of truth, then don't comment or use my MARINES.. go and make your own.

These units look great! Your attention to detail is astounding. Thanks for all the hard work, Meatball.

Thank you for the kind comment and appreciate you noticing my hard work! Enjoy!

First glance = AWESOME!!!! Nice work Meat. Perhaps this is a stupid question as I simply didn't see it in your video - did you get rid of the "Light" models with the soft covers? I didn't see them. Looks great, progress looks great as well. I can't wait to see the Combat Diver and many more updates to come with the M4's - EXACTLY what I've been waiting to use for my missions! Great work Meat!

This was my bad that I didn't make it clear that there is no 'LIGHT' units in this update. I will be adding them in a future update. I felt that the Marines were at a point that I should release and then hopefully add the Combat Diver and Light units in an update. Once again I appreciate you following and making encouraging comments.

Congrats on the new release meatball, and thanks for your hard work. :)

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you! :)

Is there going to be replacement pack?

Yes at some point I will add a replacement pack. Thanks for being interested in my work.

Edited by Meatball0311

Meatball if i was a women I would like to have your babies! no homo

This is the best marsoc units i have seen keep up the great work.

And huge thxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Meatball and co! I always loved Binkowskis Marines, you made them even better!

Are you by any chance working on a M4A1 SOPMOD Block II for your M4 update?

markb50k also added a great feature that now randomly places NVG's on the helmets of the AI

Is there a way to deactivate this or put them on or off manually? (AI)

Edited by coffeeshock

nice work!

even though I haven't tested this 2.0, they look nice!

anyway, in the previous version there was the PVS-14 - on the video, it seems that units don't have it anymore.

please, tell me that NVG is still there!

moreover, now that you've finished that pack, will you (re)work on the F-18 and improve and fix things on it?

there was some fixes that were necessary with the hornet.

anyway, congrat on the new release, it looks awesome!!!

Meat - awesome sauce!!!!! :D I look forward to seeing the new / re-implimented "Light" units as well as the Combat Divers. Do you think there would be an ability to change in and out of a "Wet Suit" for the Combat Divers? Not knowing a whole lot about them - DO they change out of their wet suits into regular BDU's for on-shore operations? (I ASSUME they do... I don't KNOW if they do though). Great work overall, looking forward for more to come. :D

Congratulations on the release Meatball! It was a privilege to help you test, looking forward to more amazing work! :)

Appreciate you putting up with me during the testing process.. thanks bro!

Meatball if i was a women I would like to have your babies! no homo

This is the best marsoc units i have seen keep up the great work.

And huge thxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much appreciated and if you were a woman would you be a blond? ;)

Thank you Meatball and co! I always loved Binkowskis Marines, you made them even better!

Are you by any chance working on a M4A1 SOPMOD Block II for your M4 update?

Is there a way to deactivate this or put them on or off manually? (AI)

Well thank you that means a lot to me. I love Binks Marines.

I am hopefully going to start working on the M4's soon.. need to take a few days off and regroup. I have a few things in mind.

I haven't tested this but I think you could try putting this in the units init field:

PLACE NVG's ON Helmet:

this setObjectTexture [1, "mar_marines\proxies\nvg\data\nvg_co.paa"]; this setObjectTexture [2, "mar_marines\proxies\nvg\data\nvg_co.paa"];

REMOVE NVG's

this setObjectTexture [1, ""]; this setObjectTexture [2, "mar_marines\proxies\nvg\data\nvg_co.paa"];

Meat - awesome sauce!!!!! :D I look forward to seeing the new / re-implimented "Light" units as well as the Combat Divers. Do you think there would be an ability to change in and out of a "Wet Suit" for the Combat Divers? Not knowing a whole lot about them - DO they change out of their wet suits into regular BDU's for on-shore operations? (I ASSUME they do... I don't KNOW if they do though). Great work overall, looking forward for more to come. :D

Haven't worked on the Combat Diver in months.. will start looking into it but I am sure that changing from wetsuit to cammies may be a little difficult.

nice work!

even though I haven't tested this 2.0, they look nice!

anyway, in the previous version there was the PVS-14 - on the video, it seems that units don't have it anymore.

please, tell me that NVG is still there!

moreover, now that you've finished that pack, will you (re)work on the F-18 and improve and fix things on it?

there was some fixes that were necessary with the hornet.

anyway, congrat on the new release, it looks awesome!!!

Sorry mate, but I removed the PVS-14.. now there is ANVIS-9, ANPVS-15.

Dude.. I have no plans at the moment of working on the F-18.. hopefully someday in the far future. Thanks.

Meatball,

I've combed through ALL of the M4's listed in LEA (and there are a TON of them), and not a single one of them showed up displaying "mars..." at the start of their classnames. I was aware of what to look for, but I'm not finding it. Later tonight, once the kids are in bed, I'll try scrolling through and clicking on every single M4 (not fun) again, and hopefully a couple of classnames listing will show up in LEA's GUI as "mar..."

And yes, I twice ran LEA to find your M4's - it found the PBO and imported them, it's now a frustrating hunt to find those two M4s through LEA's overloaded-with-other-M4s GUI.

I'm very happy to hear that you plan on updating this tremendous release. I urge you to strongly consider supplying icons for the M4s that distinguish them from the enormous range of others. A few weapon packs did this nicely, the Australian and Austrian packs, for example. Scrolling through LEA's huge offerings, one can instantly recognize those weapons from those particular packs from all of the others.

You do splendid work, and LEA is used by a ton of people for creating their complex loadouts (especially when ACE 2 is being used), with your devotion to perfection, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to ensure that LEA users note your work so that they can more easily use it.

Thank you again for all of your hard work. And please...don't let a couple of misguided comments want to make you stop working on this, or any other endeavor. I've participated in a lot of modding efforts over the years, and one thing I learned from each of them is that there will always be people who won't be satisfied. Other than a gentle reminder to them of their proper place in the enterprise (which is almost always nothing since they are very rarely contributors in any sense of the word), ignore them.

Keep modding for your own sense of self-satisfaction, otherwise, there's no point in doing it. For myself, I know that I'm extremely grateful for your generosity of then sharing your hard work with others for free. I think it's safe for me to say that many of us deeply appreciate your efforts, stay focused on that and don't let one or two individuals keep you from your passion.

Meatball,

I've combed through ALL of the M4's listed in LEA (and there are a TON of them), and not a single one of them showed up displaying "mars..." at the start of their classnames. I was aware of what to look for, but I'm not finding it. Later tonight, once the kids are in bed, I'll try scrolling through and clicking on every single M4 (not fun) again, and hopefully a couple of classnames listing will show up in LEA's GUI as "mar..."

And yes, I twice ran LEA to find your M4's - it found the PBO and imported them, it's now a frustrating hunt to find those two M4s through LEA's overloaded-with-other-M4s GUI.

I'm very happy to hear that you plan on updating this tremendous release. I urge you to strongly consider supplying icons for the M4s that distinguish them from the enormous range of others. A few weapon packs did this nicely, the Australian and Austrian packs, for example. Scrolling through LEA's huge offerings, one can instantly recognize those weapons from those particular packs from all of the others.

You do splendid work, and LEA is used by a ton of people for creating their complex loadouts (especially when ACE 2 is being used), with your devotion to perfection, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to ensure that LEA users note your work so that they can more easily use it.

Thank you again for all of your hard work. And please...don't let a couple of misguided comments want to make you stop working on this, or any other endeavor. I've participated in a lot of modding efforts over the years, and one thing I learned from each of them is that there will always be people who won't be satisfied. Other than a gentle reminder to them of their proper place in the enterprise (which is almost always nothing since they are very rarely contributors in any sense of the word), ignore them.

Keep modding for your own sense of self-satisfaction, otherwise, there's no point in doing it. For myself, I know that I'm extremely grateful for your generosity of then sharing your hard work with others for free. I think it's safe for me to say that many of us deeply appreciate your efforts, stay focused on that and don't let one or two individuals keep you from your passion.

I don't know what you did but it took me about 10 seconds to import his M4's into LEA, All I did was imported the ACE Config, named it. Then imported the vannila config, then renamed it.

Meatball,

Actually, I do have pictures for the weapons already.. I need to update them because they still have the Elcan M145 scope on them. I am reworking the M4's due to several reasons mainly because I need to reduce the amount of sections in the models. This will take a bit so I didn't have time to really complete them. I listed the classnames in the FIRST post, the readme, and in the release post. The correct tag name is MAR or mar. Haven't really taken into consideration LEA, I will try and look into it and make it easier. That will probably have to wait until I actually complete my M4's. Thanks for your encouragement, please stay tuned for an update to the weapons.

I don't know what you did but it took me about 10 seconds to import his M4's into LEA, All I did was imported the ACE Config, named it. Then imported the vannila config, then renamed it.

Appreciate you trying to help him out, because I never used LEA before.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Thanks a lot for informing us about the updated version :cool:

As always my friend thank you for mirroring my units and thank you for all the hard work you do for the community.

I didn't realize you were trying to make them look kitted out and customized. I was just trying to be helpful. I was going to send you some more info on some of the uniforms, black IR patches, and other gear, but obviously you're already in the loop ;).

Semper Fi

Edited by trueapothecary

If you would have read the readme and all the other information I have provided you would have known that the Tactical Elements are set up different. There is no 'job' specific role for the Element Members like a standard infantry squad. There is no Rifleman, or Automatic Rifleman, or Assistant Rifleman. They are Element Members and I assume you can decide and rearm them with the roles you want them to play.

I understand this, but how about adding one model with pouches for M249/MK46/MK48 mags?

Great work anyway!

In spite of being exhausted to the bone last night after all of the turkey roasting (and eating!), I dropped a few of your units into the Editor, and...oh my!

SPLENDID work! WOW!

The units that I spawned all had the same M4, but oh, I'm in love with it! I kissed my monitor several times last night, and my prints from my lips are still on the screen! I am SO impressed by the realistic range of aiming options that you gave it: THREE!

If this is the level of devotion that you have towards simulating reality, then I cannot wait to see what else you have in store for us with the rest of the assault weapons that you're planning on making.

The work is so good, that I would like you to cook up for me a M67 fragmentation grenade that has iron, holo, and magnification sights attached to it!

wink.png

THANK YOU again for your hard work. Part of the brilliance is how thoughtful it was for the player's concerns. Topnotch stuff. Solid.

I didn't realize you were trying to make them look kitted out and customized. I was just trying to be helpful. I was going to send you some more info on some of the uniforms, black IR patches, and other gear, but obviously you're already in the loop ;).

Semper Fi

I appreciate you trying to be helpful and please if you have some valid input to share post it. I have no problem tweaking the units based off of accurate data and you are correct in the fact that regular Infantry Marines normally do not have any type of patches. As you know however, these are MARSOC and they belong to SOCOM so they do things a little different. I hope you continue to take interest in this project and I welcome your input.

I understand this, but how about adding one model with pouches for M249/MK46/MK48 mags?

Great work anyway!

Yes, most definitely there will be one in a future update. I was amazed also when I read this article and was informed that there is no specific 'jobs' in the Tactical Elements. It makes sense though, that there roles change due to mission specifics, so there would not be a specific unit that is soley tasked with Automatic Rifleman duties. I am planning on adding some more units, and a unit with M249 pouches will be one of them. Thanks for being helpful and encouraging!

In spite of being exhausted to the bone last night after all of the turkey roasting (and eating!), I dropped a few of your units into the Editor, and...oh my!

SPLENDID work! WOW!

The units that I spawned all had the same M4, but oh, I'm in love with it! I kissed my monitor several times last night, and my prints from my lips are still on the screen! I am SO impressed by the realistic range of aiming options that you gave it: THREE!

If this is the level of devotion that you have towards simulating reality, then I cannot wait to see what else you have in store for us with the rest of the assault weapons that you're planning on making.

The work is so good, that I would like you to cook up for me a M67 fragmentation grenade that has iron, holo, and magnification sights attached to it!

http://forums.bistudio.com/images/smilies/wink.png

THANK YOU again for your hard work. Part of the brilliance is how thoughtful it was for the player's concerns. Topnotch stuff. Solid.

Thank you for the praise and your excitement is the sole reason I like to make addons for the public. I want the player to be motivated and to look good. I feel you on the M4's and I started last night on adding some variety to the weapons and hopefully will have an update to them soon. I am making new icon pics to make them more distinctive and will be adding at least one more weapon. Hopeful all will test well and I can get it out soon... I think you and the community will definitely enjoy this new weapon. :)

Once again I thank the community for the encouraging comments and positive helpful feedback. I want you all to enjoy them as much as I do.

Your models inspired me to make a vid about them, great work meatball!

OMG! That was sweet! Thanks spoondawg... you can hang with me anytime ;)

OMG! That was sweet! Thanks spoondawg... you can hang with me anytime ;)

Come hang out @ US SOCOM, you're welcome anytime!

Amazing, just amazing. That's what I love with Arma, dedicated people can and create addons that sometimes, definitely this time, surpasses what already comes with the game.

If the characters in Arma 3 are 3/4 as good as these, they'll be great.

Congrats on another awesome release Meatball!

Much appreciated.. thank you.. enjoy!

Amazing, just amazing. That's what I love with Arma, dedicated people can and create addons that sometimes, definitely this time, surpasses what already comes with the game.

If the characters in Arma 3 are 3/4 as good as these, they'll be great.

Thanks man.. that really means a lot. ArmA 3 should be really nice and I would definitely like to port these units to ArmA 3.. can't wait. Thank you for your support and people like yourself and others are the reason I spend the time to make these units to the best of my ability. Stay tuned for some more stuff!