Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

oh, okay -- that makes sense. i've now happened upon another issue with these units where i'm unable to bring up my binoculars by pressing B. i can use them through the action menu but if i press B nothing happens (there is the beginnings of an animation for a split second but that's it). anyone else getting this?

edit: it seems that this is related to the PVS NV. when i drop the PVS item from my inventory i'm able to use B to bring up binoculars. i then tried it with the vector rangefinder/binocular in the top binocular slot and the PVS in the bottom slot (the PVS defaults to the top binocular slot with the vector underneath it) and i was able to use the binocular then as well.

Edited by HFTB

Is that with ACE? I noticed that some of the ACE binocs don't come up with 'B'. Tried it with Vanilla?

yep, it is with ACE -- definitely works with the above-mentioned workaround though.

IS there any updates?

Are MARSOC still using CIRAS? or they are using LBT?

@K115

Do not ask for updates! The author will post an update as he sees fit and not to keep those who can't wait satisfied. And of course the moderator team deems post asking for updates as spam and as you know spam is not allowed on these forums.

Meatball - I have to say that this is one of the best MARSOC / FR mods that I have been looking to see in a LONG time. Love the work done so far on the 1.0 MARSOC mod for the character and weapon mods and models - looking forward to the combat divers - would certainly make the mission I've had as WIP for the past two years - would add the touch I've been needing to finish it. Its mainly designed for ACE / ACRE - but finding an appropriate weapon with attachments for the respective units with the proper camo paintjob just isn't available in ACE or RH. Great job so far - hopefully you can have it out before I go in for my own boot camp early / mid 2013 at MCRD PI. Look forward to it mate. :)

mb0311tagco.png

============================================================================================================

mar_MARSOC_V2.0

Meatball0311

============================================================================================================

DISCLAIMER :

I take no responsibility for possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

REQUIRED ADDONS:

* Community Based Addons (CBA)

* ArmA II Combined Operations

* mar_m4 (INCLUDED)

* mar_marines_cfg (INCLUDED) *** ONLY USE THIS WHEN NOT PLAYING WITH ACE ***

* mar_marines_cfg_ace (INCLUDED) *** ONLY USE THIS WHEN PLAYING WITH ACE ***

CREDIT:

This project would'nt be possible if not for the help and hard work of these individuals. I thank you very much:

Binkowski - For making this possible by supplying me with the new unit models and textures. Thanks Bro!

SABRE - Textures and others

Johannes - Textures and others

FEINT

Vilas - For the models of the M4's

Ivan Buchta - For the awesome BIS M4A3 models!! THANK YOU and God Speed on your release!

W0lle - For help in getting models and for being a kind friend!

ardvarkdb, scubaman3D, DaSquade - For the awesome PVS-14 model/textures

STALKERGB

Fox '09

[FLT]Myke

JeffersPang - For the awesome models and advice that really makes this an outstanding addon. Thank you! PVS-15, ANVIS-9, Ops-Core Helmet, PEQ-15, L4G24 mount, L2G05 mount, and L3G10 mount.

markb50k - For the great work on the NVG Mounting. Thank you!

Jake34 - For helping me test.. thanks for your patience and time!

Givens - For the multi-cam!!

MSOT 8211 - Thanks for all the testing.

BIS - For making this incredible game and for all the support you do for the community. Thanks!

*** OTHERS - If I didn't list your name I apologize. ***

README:

DELETE ALL PRIOR ADDONS: mar_inf_marines.pbo, mar_marines.pbo, mar_m4.pbo

This is a major update and I think you all will be very pleased. To start off, I know this may cause some issues with mission makers, but all the classnames have been changed. This is due to the fact of obtaining knowledge on the accurate structure of a MSOT. Based off of this article http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/article/embracing-marsoc-future-marine-corps that a Tactically Organized MSOT consists of fourteen Marines organized into 3 elements: Headquarters Element [HQ], 1st Tactical Element [TE1], 2nd Tactical Element [TE2]. Headquarters Element consists of a Team Leader (O-3), Team Chief (E-8), Operations SNCO (E-7), and a Communications SNCO (E-6). Each Tactical Element consists of a Element Leader (E-6), 3 Element Members (E-4/E-5), and a Navy Corpsman. So I had to re-organize the units into the appropriate structure.

Also, I went through each model and reduced the section count and made other corrections that I hope will improve performance. I FIXED the errors with the last version and added an action menu with the help of markb50k, that now allows the player to Mount NVG's or Unmount NVG's from their helmet. markb50k also added a great feature that now randomly places NVG's on the helmets of the AI. This at the moment ONLY works in single player and will hopefully be fixed to work in MP in a future update. Also, as of now there is only two M4A1'sI in the mar_m4.pbo. One with just the Elcan Specter and PEQ-15 and a SOPMOD version with Specter, tactical light, and PEQ-15. I will be adding more models in the future.

Next, the units and weapons are now ACE compatible. To achieve this I decided to seperate the config into a pbo, so there are two config files included. Depending if you are using ACE or not will determine what pbo you will use. If you ARE NOT playing with ACE, then use the mar_marines_cfg.pbo and IF YOU ARE playing with ACE use the mar_marines_cfg_ace.pbo

****HOW TO READ THE CLASSNAME = mar_msot_cso_111 = mar_msot_TEAMPOSITION_1stMSOT/1stTACTICAL ELEMENT/1stUNIT MEMBER IN TEAM

Units are found under:

FACTION >> USMC Marines Special Operations Command

Now, for the good stuff. First of all, there are two model types. MARPAT Marines and CRYE uniform MARINES, these units are broken down into 4 CLASSES:

Found under:

CLASS >>

USMC Marine Special Operations Command (DMARPAT) - Desert Marine Pattern

ELEMENT/BILLET CLASSNAME

[HQ]

Team Leader / mar_msot_ldr_1

Team Chief / mar_msot_tchief_1

Operations SNCO / mar_msot_opsnco_1

Communications SNCO / mar_msot_comm_1

[TE1]

Element Leader 1 / mar_msot_cso_111

Element Member 2 / mar_msot_cso_112

Element Member 3 / mar_msot_cso_113

Element Member 4 / mar_msot_cso_114

Navy Corpsman 5 / mar_msot_hm_115

[TE2]

Element Leader 1 / mar_msot_cso_121

Element Member 2 / mar_msot_cso_122

Element Member 3 / mar_msot_cso_123

Element Member 4 / mar_msot_cso_124

Navy Corpsman 5 / mar_msot_hm_125

USMC Marine Special Operations Command (WMARPAT) - Woodland Marine Pattern

ELEMENT/BILLET CLASSNAME

[HQ]

Team Leader / mar_wmsot_ldr_1

Team Chief / mar_wmsot_tchief_1

Operations SNCO / mar_wmsot_opsnco_1

Communications SNCO / mar_wmsot_comm_1

[TE1]

Element Leader 1 / mar_wmsot_cso_111

Element Member 2 / mar_wmsot_cso_112

Element Member 3 / mar_wmsot_cso_113

Element Member 4 / mar_wmsot_cso_114

Navy Corpsman 5 / mar_wmsot_hm_115

[TE2]

Element Leader 1 / mar_wmsot_cso_121

Element Member 2 / mar_wmsot_cso_122

Element Member 3 / mar_wmsot_cso_123

Element Member 4 / mar_wmsot_cso_124

Navy Corpsman 5 / mar_wmsot_hm_125

USMC Marine Special Operations Command (WCRYE) - Woodland CRYE Uniform

ELEMENT/BILLET CLASSNAME

[HQ]

Team Leader / mar_wmsot_crye_ldr_1

Team Chief / mar_wmsot_crye_tchief_1

Operations SNCO / mar_wmsot_crye_opsnco_1

Communications SNCO / mar_wmsot_crye_comm_1

[TE1]

Element Leader 1 / mar_wmsot_crye_cso_111

Element Member 2 / mar_wmsot_crye_cso_112

Element Member 3 / mar_wmsot_crye_cso_113

Element Member 4 / mar_wmsot_crye_cso_114

Navy Corpsman 5 / mar_wmsot_crye_hm_115

[TE2]

Element Leader 1 / mar_wmsot_crye_cso_121

Element Member 2 / mar_wmsot_crye_cso_122

Element Member 3 / mar_wmsot_crye_cso_123

Element Member 4 / mar_wmsot_crye_cso_124

Navy Corpsman 5 / mar_wmsot_crye_hm_125

USMC Marine Special Operations Command (MCRYE) - Multi-Cam CRYE Uniform

ELEMENT/BILLET CLASSNAME

[HQ]

Team Leader / mar_msot_mcrye_ldr_1

Team Chief / mar_msot_mcrye_tchief_1

Operations SNCO / mar_msot_mcrye_opsnco_1

Communications SNCO / mar_msot_mcrye_comm_1

[TE1]

Element Leader 1 / mar_msot_mcrye_cso_111

Element Member 2 / mar_msot_mcrye_cso_112

Element Member 3 / mar_msot_mcrye_cso_113

Element Member 4 / mar_msot_mcrye_cso_114

Navy Corpsman 5 / mar_msot_mcrye_hm_115

[TE2]

Element Leader 1 / mar_msot_mcrye_cso_121

Element Member 2 / mar_msot_mcrye_cso_122

Element Member 3 / mar_msot_mcrye_cso_123

Element Member 4 / mar_msot_mcrye_cso_124

Navy Corpsman 5 / mar_msot_mcrye_hm_125

========================================================================================

WEAPON CLASSNAMES

=========================

Elcan Specter

-------------

MAR_M4A1_ELC

SOPMOD Elcan Specter

--------------------

MAR_SOPMOD_M4A1_ELC

NVG CLASSNAMES

==========================

ANVIS9_OPSCORE

ANPVS15_OPSCORE_L4G24

ANPVS15_MICH2000_L2G05

ANPVS15_MICH2000_L3G10

ANPVS15_MICH2001_L4G24

============

INSTALLATION

============

****** DELETE ALL PRIOR VERSIONS OF mar_inf_marines.pbo, mar_marines.pbo, mar_m4.pbo ****** Place or extract the PBO and Signed files into your ArmA 2/Addons folder along with only one of the config pbo depending on if you are playing vanilla ArmA 2 or ACE MOD.

However the mod folder method is the better solution.

Copy the following URL into your browser to view a Mod Folder Tutorial : http://tinyurl.com/armamodfolder

Vanilla ArmA2 Combined Operations

---------------------------------

1. Place mar_marines.pbo, mar_marines_cfg.pbo, mar_m4.pbo, mar_m4_cfg.pbo into your ArmA 2 AddOns OR MOD AddOns folder.

ArmA2 Combined Operations with ACE

----------------------------------

1. Place mar_marines.pbo, mar_marines_cfg_ace.pbo, mar_m4.pbo, mar_m4_cfg_ace.pbo into your ArmA 2 AddOns OR MOD AddOns folder.

DISCLAIMER :

I take no responsibility for possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product. If you choose to open the addon, please be respectful and considerate. Ask for permission if you would like to use any part of mar_marines.pbo.

CONTACT INFO:

meatball0311@gmail.com

DELETE ALL PRIOR ADDONS: mar_inf_marines.pbo, mar_marines.pbo, mar_m4.pbo

ARMAHOLIC

DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION

mar_MARSOC_V2.0

9hOjT4t0DAE

0vfGz4e0NPk

Edited by Meatball0311

Nice man very nice i wish i was home so i could download it asap :(

But great job this is so amazing!

Congrats on the release :D

Regards astast

What AWESOME timing - an enormous release on Thanksgiving!

But ooooh noooooooooooooooo (as Gumby would say)! I'm having family over for dinner! :eek: Which means (*gasp*)...

I

won't

be

able

to

try

these

out

till

late

tonight!

:crazy_o:

And even then, I'll be exhausted to the bone!

:k:

Here I thought you were being a generous saint, but now...now I'm forced to wonder if you're some kind of...evil...GENIUS!

:)

Thank you again! Even if I'm on the verge of snoring, I'm firing up that Editor!

I had a small amount of time between getting the holiday meal preparations to load up LEA, and try to edit some of my units' loadouts. The problem? I can't tell what your M4s look like from all of the other ones?

Could you clue me in as to what to look for?

"Yes," I could click on a suspect M4's GUI icon to reveal its class name (anything with "mar" would be yours), BUT that would still take an enormous amount of time of hunting and pecking to find the ones I want. Would your M4s show up with special cast shadows, colored marker, etc., etc.? If there are any visual indicators to make your M4s standout in LEA, please let me know.

Now, back to cooking food and not missions! :(

The url doesn't seems to work for me too :)

Nice work by the way!

Congratulations on the release Meatball! It was a privilege to help you test, looking forward to more amazing work! :)

Congrats on the release Meatball0311 :)

downloading now...2 hr to go :(

And many thanks for the little surprise and your effort :)

Great work Meatball

Just a quick critique though, Marines do not wear the US flag on the shoulder of their uniforms.

The US Army does, but Marines do not.

Great work Meatball

Just a quick critique though, Marines do not wear the US flag on the shoulder of their uniforms.

This is true

Great work Meatball

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/xml/news/2010/12/marine-marsoc-orders-retro-woodland-camouflage-121910w/121810mc_marsoc.JPG (125 kB)

dscn0165n3u06.jpg

*edit*

Also congrats on the release Meatball! :) How fitting that I receive my new rig on the same day...

Edited by JeffersPang

I apologize for the download link... this is a huge file so mediafire would not be of any use so I had to use dropbox. Hopefully we can get the mirrors up and running.

So, I released these early this morning... like 0430 my time and I wake up to a ridiculous comment like this first one. This really makes me angry, because if you all knew how much time I spend on these units and the amount of research I do to make sure they are as close to accurate as possible and I get some person making idiotic comments like trueapothecary, sometimes makes me not want to make addons for public use. Before you comment on anything do your freakin research... I am a Marine and would not put out something that is a total inaccuracy you fool!!!!

To the rest of the community.. I hope you enjoy these and the M4's I didn't have time to complete all the ones I am wanting, so there will be an update for them soon. Please read my whole release post before you comment. Thanks. Cheers!

Great work Meatball

First of all, you should do some research before commenting..... don't you look like the fool now......

http://images.military.com/pics/specops_content_recon_img.jpg

http://images-kitup.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/MARSOC3blog.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4544302573_ee51618dbf.jpg

375mb?

Yes, this is a major update and has also the mar_m4 addons in it also. Look at all the different style units I have....

I had a small amount of time between getting the holiday meal preparations to load up LEA, and try to edit some of my units' loadouts. The problem? I can't tell what your M4s look like from all of the other ones?

Could you clue me in as to what to look for?

"Yes," I could click on a suspect M4's GUI icon to reveal its class name (anything with "mar" would be yours), BUT that would still take an enormous amount of time of hunting and pecking to find the ones I want. Would your M4s show up with special cast shadows, colored marker, etc., etc.? If there are any visual indicators to make your M4s standout in LEA, please let me know.

Now, back to cooking food and not missions! :(

There is only two as of right now and I listed the classnames in the release post and the first post.....

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/xml/news/2010/12/marine-marsoc-orders-retro-woodland-camouflage-121910w/121810mc_marsoc.JPG (125 kB)

*edit*

Also congrats on the release Meatball! :) How fitting that I receive my new rig on the same day...

Yes.. that is real nice! Thank you my friend for helping to make these units the best ones out! Thank you!!!!!!!

Still no ammo crate :( Although, I like the units alot more than before. Great work man, I love the update

Still no ammo crate :( Although, I like the units alot more than before. Great work man, I love the update

Thanks! I mentioned before that the M4's are not complete.. that there will be an upcoming update soon and they will have ammo crates. On the good side, how about that Specter.. looks real nice!