Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

Sweet, JP has made some great stuff it seems so I can't wait to see what's been added. Some more great reference material for MARSOC here:

Here's the current MARSOC recruiting video.

Nice reference material... thanks!

Nice reference material... thanks!

Sure thing Meatball, glad it helped. Can't wait to see more. :)

Hey Meatball, not sure if this has been asked/brought up but would it be possible to switch out the 'Time bomb' given to the units in rucks switched to 'Pipe bomb' or pipebomb? Since (At least from what I've noticed) the 'Time bomb' version of satchel doesn't detonate (Or if they do it takes forever).

Also, would it be possible to have empty versions of the rucks you provide with your units for the possibility of editing the ruck's load out ourselves to fit missions? I understand I can use BI versions but they don't have the capacity your rucks have. And by that I mean just the classnames of empty versions in the readme.

Sorry if they've been asked and answered before. Just haven't been around recently and I didn't notice them if they have been. Thanks for taking the time to read this how ever the answer is.

Nice info on Level Zero Heroes and yes, it is full of reference materials. I'm jealous and proud. Back when I was in (first Gulf War) there's none of the high speed/low drag gear/weapons of today. Damn proud the Corps has MARSOC.

Hey Meatball, not sure if this has been asked/brought up but would it be possible to switch out the 'Time bomb' given to the units in rucks switched to 'Pipe bomb' or pipebomb? Since (At least from what I've noticed) the 'Time bomb' version of satchel doesn't detonate (Or if they do it takes forever).

Also, would it be possible to have empty versions of the rucks you provide with your units for the possibility of editing the ruck's load out ourselves to fit missions? I understand I can use BI versions but they don't have the capacity your rucks have. And by that I mean just the classnames of empty versions in the readme.

Sorry if they've been asked and answered before. Just haven't been around recently and I didn't notice them if they have been. Thanks for taking the time to read this how ever the answer is.

I am going to do something different with rucks.. don't know yet but I will keep this in mind.

Nice info on Level Zero Heroes and yes, it is full of reference materials. I'm jealous and proud. Back when I was in (first Gulf War) there's none of the high speed/low drag gear/weapons of today. Damn proud the Corps has MARSOC.

I feel you.. I got out in 2004 and soon after they get all new gear.

UPDATE:

Getting closer to finishing one thing I have been working on.. hopefully will get some pictures up for you guys.

Sorry if this has already been said but there seems to be an issue with the heavy units where all face accessories such as eye pro and cigarettes are offset too low on the face. This goes for profile glasses and ACE eye proArmA2OA2012-09-0215-47-32-76.jpg[/img].

Have i ever told you i loved you meatball (no homo) pleas make multicam marsoc units please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because marsoc not just rolling int marpat camo they got options with a capital O (Due to the fact they join USSOCOM) and crye uniforms. But Love these new models, i won't lie when i saw the new model something made my pants go up in the crotch

(wink wink nudge nudge) area (if you know what i mean) but hey i can't wait (lol). But seriously I can't wait for these model to come out (psychotic smile) http://www.tactical-life.com/online/tactical-weapons/marsoc-battle-rattle/2/ here is source with marsoc in multicam, and please make replacement file to replace arma 2's Force Recon and OA's DBOYs

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Oh and one more thing can you extend the barrel a bit on your m4a1s so we can have block II m4s and replacement file to replace all the m4a1's block 1 with the block II version http://www.foxleader.net/tactical/2012/04/impression-update-blasters/ here was i am talking about and if you can make cqbrs and some silenced version please

Have i ever told you i loved you meatball (no homo) pleas make multicam marsoc units please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because marsoc not just rolling int marpat camo they got options with a capital O (Due to the fact they join USSOCOM) and crye uniforms. But Love these new models, i won't lie when i saw the new model something made my pants go up in the crotch

(wink wink nudge nudge) area (if you know what i mean) but hey i can't wait (lol). But seriously I can't wait for these model to come out (psychotic smile) http://www.tactical-life.com/online/tactical-weapons/marsoc-battle-rattle/2/ here is source with marsoc in multicam, and please make replacement file to replace arma 2's Force Recon and OA's DBOYs

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Oh and one more thing can you extend the barrel a bit on your m4a1s so we can have block II m4s and replacement file to replace all the m4a1's block 1 with the block II version http://www.foxleader.net/tactical/2012/04/impression-update-blasters/ here was i am talking about and if you can make cqbrs and some silenced version please

I am glad you are getting off to my Marines... and possibly you may need to see a psychiatrist ;)

At first I was not going to go with the whole 'SOCOM' look to the units, but after research I am noticing that MARSOC has been given clear authority to do what they want. They are truly apart of SOCOM and have the ability to do what would be best for their 'shooters comfort'. I am definitely wanting to do some crye uniforms and multi-cam and I will do my best to get these in upcoming updates. I have learned a lot in the time I have been doing this and I am totally redoing every unit. I am correcting some things with the models and making new rvmats. I also have been fortunate to have JeffersPang helping out with some great models. The units are definitely getting a better look to them and I think you all will really enjoy them. I am kinda going to keep this on the 'down-low' side, and not post many pics. I really want for you all to check out every unit.

About the M4's.. I will look into it. Can you be a little more specific with extending the barrels?

Back to the underground workshop!!

Good to hear your hard at work with the stuff and yes I have seen a psychiatrist lol;) take your time i can't wait for the release, about m4a1's, Socom Came out with the new block II sopmod for their sof units http://www.gungalleryjax.com/blog/post/M4A1-Sopmod-Block-IIs.aspx the difference is between the blocK I and Block II is the longer railing system and I think the m4a1 block II extended, look at the pictures of the m4a1 marsoc and other sof have been using they are longer than its block I sopmod and here is a great source to help

http://www.americanspecialops.com/

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Here another source that should help with the m4a1 block II and please make m4a1's automatic this please.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/541606_M4A1_SOPMOD_Block_II_clone_picture_thread.html

http://media.photobucket.com/image/m4a1%20sopmod%20block%20ii/kisgenp/SOPMODII.jpg

Have they been issued Multicam yet? the last batch of Crye they got was NATO Woodland from what i've read.

Yeah I love the idea of having multiple camo's to choose from, if its possible. I'd like to see the traditional NATO Woodland, Multicam and of course some MARPAT. Keep up the good work Meatball ! :cool:

These guys have certainly come a very long way since ive last seen them. I'm quite proud of how they are represented in this community. Phenomenal work Meatball0311.

Meatball my long lost buddy these are awesome!! Any word on making them ACE compatible as we at OCB want to use them in our missions. Just can't use earplugs, sun glasses, etc :(

These guys have certainly come a very long way since ive last seen them. I'm quite proud of how they are represented in this community. Phenomenal work Meatball0311.

Thanks a lot Devil Dog :yay:

Have they been issued Multicam yet? the last batch of Crye they got was NATO Woodland from what i've read.

Don't know..

Meatball my long lost buddy these are awesome!! Any word on making them ACE compatible as we at OCB want to use them in our missions. Just can't use earplugs, sun glasses, etc :(

tromac! Great to hear from you.. hit me up on skype sometime.

I will do my best to get these guys ACE Compatible.... I got a lot of work to do so hopefully I can get these out in the next year ;)

UPDATE

---------

Been working on this for the past few days... it is not complete yet and still needs Woodland and a better texture.. but got this modeled... more to come.

arma2oa2012091211513805.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Meatball0311

Awesome work Meatball0311, very good progress since you first release them ;)

Looking forward for these badasses

Just saw some of the other pictures of the new helmet and stuff when I clicked on the link....looks baddass! Definitely one of my most anticipated updates

btw did you ever get my PM?

Yeah I love the idea of having multiple camo's to choose from, if its possible. I'd like to see the traditional NATO Woodland, Multicam and of course some MARPAT. Keep up the good work Meatball ! :cool:

Ref - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/fromphixry.jpg/

This was from some Marines jump show, they wear woodland only to blend in with the Kandak Commandos/Afghan Partner Unit they work with. If you look at photos of MARSOC training, they use a lot of Multicam and MARPAT :)

i really love these units. easily some of the best on armaholic. one minor suggestion -- when using these guys, the gear GUI (g) uses the OA style of open/close bag interaction rather than the pack/unpack variant implemented by ACE. a very minor detail all in all, though, clearly. keep up the great work.

Isn't that because of the backpacks? Any custom backpack will use the standard OA interface, only ACE backpacks will have pack/unpack. Nothing specific to these units.