Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

A little update:

I have been improving on my model for the M4A1. I have added some detail that hopefully will make them look a whole lot nicer. I really dig Robert Hammer's RH_M4 addon, those M4's are done nicely and are very detailed. I would like to thank Robert Hammer for inspiring me to improve my M4's.. thanks!. So, I thought I would try out my modeling skills. I did my best and think these will work since they are just some minor details. I darkened the M4's texture, but really would like to have some better textures. I am limited due to the fact I am using GIMP, so I cannot really get them the way I would like. If anyone out there who would like to help out with the M4 textures.. please contact me.

M4A1 SOPMOD (Special Operations Peculiar Modification)

*Modeled a proper Rail Interface System (RIS) with Picatinny Rail

*REMODELED the rail covers (I did my best)

*ADDED some details to the model (magazine release button, improved on the saftey selector lever, modeled some pins, added true vent holes in the front receiver)

arma2oa2012072709445351.th.jpg

UPDATE 09AUG12

--------------------

The Special Operations Peculiar MODification (SOPMOD) kit is an accessory system for the M4A1 carbine and FN SCAR Mk 16/17 used by USSOCOM. The kit allows Special Operations personnel to configure their weapons to individual preferences and mission requirements.

* ADDED PEQ-15

* 96 M4A1 variants (All include Front Grip)

- M4A1 and M4A1 M203 with Iron Sights (IS), Flip Up Rear Sight (FU), Aimpoint (CCO), EOTECH EXPS2 (EOT), Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight ACOG (RCO), ELCAN M145 (ELC)

- Each sight type has variants with PEQ mounted on SIDE (s), PEQ mounted on TOP (t), PEQs with Tactical Light (PEQs/TL), PEQt with Tactical Light (PEQt/TL)

- COMPLETED all Desert Camo (DES) variants

TODO

------

* ADD Woodland Camo (WDL) variants

* REWORK PEQ-15 model

* POSSIBLY add magnifier to EOTECH EXPS2 sight

* ADD new gear to MARSOC units

So, as you can see I have been working on the units and getting closer to a release.

buldozer201208091218234.jpg

buldozer201208091220339.jpg

buldozer201208091221117.jpg

buldozer201208091222009l.jpg

buldozer201208091222382.jpg

buldozer201208091223151.jpg

uh... drool... looking forward to release. will the troops come with the weapons in their configs?

uh... drool... looking forward to release. will the troops come with the weapons in their configs?

Thanks! Yes, when I am done with the variants I will add them to the units.

Looks amazing Meatball! Are you gonna make a weapons box for them as well? Also any plans to do supressed versions? Or maybe a version with the EOTech magnifier on them?

I think 2 diffrent classes of each would be nice. SD and Normal troops (excluding Automatic rifleman) everyone else would have SD weapons. (Any chance of a MK 12 or a MK 11 (AKA KAC SR25) for the Scout Snipers?)

I think 2 diffrent classes of each would be nice. SD and Normal troops (excluding Automatic rifleman) everyone else would have SD weapons. (Any chance of a MK 12 or a MK 11 (AKA KAC SR25) for the Scout Snipers?)

ooooooh SR-25 would be pretty sweet. Looks alot like the M110...whats the difference between them?

Looks amazing Meatball! Are you gonna make a weapons box for them as well? Also any plans to do supressed versions? Or maybe a version with the EOTech magnifier on them?

Yes, I have made weapon boxes for the normal, dcamo, wcamo. I will probably add suppressed weapons also. And yes.... I am working on the maginfier right now.... here are some pics

arma2oa2012081009201089.jpg

aiming

arma2oa2012081009252739.jpg

kill shot

arma2oa2012081009255172.jpg

I changed the config setup... Basically I made the config a separate addon, so it will be easier to add, or remove units. Also, I am working on a ACE Config for both mar_marines.pbo and mar_m4.pbo.

Brings me to my next point. My modeling skills are improving and I need some help on textures. If anyone wants to lend a hand in helping out with texturing the magnifier.. PLEASE message me.

It Looks amazing but what about to change normal ELCAN with SPECTER one ?

I would say contact Alwarren for the EOT magnifier. He's made/making one for his ACR's and it looks damn good. Or maybe contact the ACE team and see where they got theirs from?

Awesome news about the ACE config as well.

Supressed variants to come as well with the same kit as the non-supressed?

Just googled that, looks pretty sweet. I believe there is one on one of the BIS SCARS?

Edited by islesfan186

So, Meaty, what's the Status on the MARSOC Divers? Are they already finished, or anything left 2 do till next release? Or is it really only about the Weapons?

I'm really looking forward to these addons, as the Uniforms and Weapons are by far the msot accurate i've ever seen amongst any Mods around here.

About Texturing, i'd give it a try if you want, but i'm totally unfamiliar with 3d-modeling itself, so i'd probably need a example texture first.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a video showing them in use by MARSOC CSOs

I have to thank my friend vilas for helping me out with a little treat for you guys....

arma2oa2012081223125290.jpg

arma2oa2012081223130470.jpg

arma2oa2012081223131729.jpg

arma2oa2012081223134076.jpg

Thank you for the idea....

I would say contact Alwarren for the EOT magnifier. He's made/making one for his ACR's and it looks damn good. Or maybe contact the ACE team and see where they got theirs from?

Awesome news about the ACE config as well.

Supressed variants to come as well with the same kit as the non-supressed?

Messaged Alwarren about the magnifier, so hopefully he will help out. I am hoping to add some suppressed weapons.. but that may come in another update. I would like to get these out as soon as possible and I still need to work on the units gear a little more.

Just a suggestion but I'd swap the Elcan M145 for the Elcan SpecterDR.

Done.. thanks

So, Meaty, what's the Status on the MARSOC Divers? Are they already finished, or anything left 2 do till next release? Or is it really only about the Weapons?

I'm really looking forward to these addons, as the Uniforms and Weapons are by far the msot accurate i've ever seen amongst any Mods around here.

About Texturing, i'd give it a try if you want, but i'm totally unfamiliar with 3d-modeling itself, so i'd probably need a example texture first.

Thank you for the props on the units. I have one unit completed on the Combat Diver. I would like to add some variations to the diver, so I don't know if they will be in the next update.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you enjoy....

---------- Post added 08-13-2012 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-12-2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

arma2oa2012081300054157.jpg

Hey nice job with the SPECTER DR! Not sure if you're aware, but the B key (for binoculars) is broken when using these units. Is this something you're looking into? Thanks.

Edited by Jake34

Wow!! Everything looks spot on. A Mk18 Mod1 (DD RIS II) would really be the icing of the cake, any plans on making one?

Wow!! Everything looks spot on. A Mk18 Mod1 (DD RIS II) would really be the icing of the cake, any plans on making one?

Appreciate the comment.. I would have to say no for right now on the Mk18 Mod1, just because I am pretty sure MARSOC units are not using these. It is a nice looking weapon though...

I think iam the one who can say thank you for these bueautifulness

Is there a way to get the AN/PVS-14 proxy working properly on other soldiers as well? It seems to be defaulting to the AN/PVS-7 proxy on other units (e.g. the vanilla BIS ones).

Appreciate the comment.. I would have to say no for right now on the Mk18 Mod1, just because I am pretty sure MARSOC units are not using these. It is a nice looking weapon though...

MARSOC have been using the full length DD RIS II's on there M4's since about 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcTh9T2MspY

MARSOC have been using the full length DD RIS II's on there M4's since about 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcTh9T2MspY

JeffersPang was kind enough to direct me to that video soon after I made that comment. It has been eight years since I served in the Marines, so at times I may need some schooling on the gear and equipment that are now being used. Thank you to the community for helping this Devil Dog out.

I plan to post some picks of the update that I am working on for the addon. JeffersPang has contributed some outstanding hard work to this project and I think you all will enjoy some of the new toys that will be added. I am very appreciative for all the work he has done.. thank you JeffersPang!

This has all been a big learning experience for me and I noticed some minor errors that I have in the models, so I am in the process of reworking everything!! As you can imagine this requires a lot of work and time, especially since I am so anal and have multiple models to work with.

Once again I am very thankful to you all for following this thread and progress and thank you for your patience.