Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

I noticed that so in the next update I removed the buttpacks.

Sorry to hear you had to remove it completely. Bags and puches makes their silhouette stand our more compared to defaults.

Thanks for giving me the heads up on this one. Is it possible for you to determine exactly which unit it is?

This is the only one I've seen it on: A/1stMSOT Automatic Rifleman (TM1)WMARPAT (E-5)

As a Marine, I would say that MARSOC units probably stick to a standard SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) when it comes to their gear. Of course there will be some variations due to shooters comfort, but in all they will not be all nasty looking like the Army Special Forces ;)

Sounds good then :)

Sorry to hear you had to remove it completely. Bags and puches makes their silhouette stand our more compared to defaults.

This is the only one I've seen it on: A/1stMSOT Automatic Rifleman (TM1)WMARPAT (E-5)

Sounds good then :)

FIXED.. thanks

I determined that the issue has to do with the shadow of the backpack on the buttpack. So, I will try and make this better (believe me it is annoying to me also). I really want to make the units have some sort of personality and not all look like default.

I have to say THANK YOU for making such beautiful units I have yet to download them as I await the Diver. Its nice to have such a nice looking diver that is American. hehe I was trying to make my campaign MGS Solid for Arma2 and Ive currently been using the ADO diver but hes French and has French markings as well as some other Set backs for his character.Don't get me wrong ADO did a wonderful Job, but The Diver portion of the unit you added or will be adding will really be fit nicely into the scope of things for my campaign.

Those divers are really cool.
I have to say THANK YOU for making such beautiful units I have yet to download them as I await the Diver. Its nice to have such a nice looking diver that is American. hehe I was trying to make my campaign MGS Solid for Arma2 and Ive currently been using the ADO diver but hes French and has French markings as well as some other Set backs for his character.Don't get me wrong ADO did a wonderful Job, but The Diver portion of the unit you added or will be adding will really be fit nicely into the scope of things for my campaign.

Thanks for your comments.. I have been working on the F/A-18 for a few weeks now and hopefully will get to getting the MARSOC update out soon.

Updates coming along? =)

I tried downloading something called "@mar_inf_marines" with sixupdater, but that addon does not work for me.

You can't find the units in the editor. Neither does missions work that required this addon if you replace it with the sixupdater version.

The M4A3's aren't really A3's at all? I was wondering because they have no full auto fire selection. Also the helmet mounted NVG's seem to cause a funny shadow issue in some cases. The shadow will show a giant triangle on your head! Anyway, great looking units otherwise from the quick test I had with them. Keep up the work.

The M4A3's aren't really A3's at all? I was wondering because they have no full auto fire selection. Also the helmet mounted NVG's seem to cause a funny shadow issue in some cases. The shadow will show a giant triangle on your head! Anyway, great looking units otherwise from the quick test I had with them. Keep up the work.

I notified him on that triangle shadow! He said he fixed it a few posts above =)

I corrected that and will hopefully release the new version soon. Real Life got to me and I haven't had the time to release.

Do you think you will make a replacement pack for using the MARSOC units? I really like the unit models and I wish I could use them online.

Do you think you will make a replacement pack for using the MARSOC units? I really like the unit models and I wish I could use them online.

Will be in next update...

Sorry for my absence.. I had real life issues. I am looking to update in a few days.

Will be in next update...

Sorry for my absence.. I had real life issues. I am looking to update in a few days.

What unit will they replace?

Could you please have them replace both the BIS FR marines & Razor team? I would love to play the Harvest Red campaign will all my guys looking this badass.

Heay meatball, can you do me a favor and get me the class name for the NVG's. I plan on adding your M4's when they become fully ACE Compatable (CQB sights on the ACOG's, ect ect.)and the NVG's to Major Shepards Loadout Editor.

Also, have you thought about SD versions of your M4's and maybe even your own M110 and M249? Your M4's are pretty good in terms of looks and I realy think you can put together a realy good SAW and M110 for your marines.

Heay meatball, can you do me a favor and get me the class name for the NVG's. I plan on adding your M4's when they become fully ACE Compatable (CQB sights on the ACOG's, ect ect.)and the NVG's to Major Shepards Loadout Editor.

Also, have you thought about SD versions of your M4's and maybe even your own M110 and M249? Your M4's are pretty good in terms of looks and I realy think you can put together a realy good SAW and M110 for your marines.

PVS14 is the classname to the NVG's. Sounds really nice what you are planning on doing. Actually, right this moment I am reworking all my M4's.. to the proper M4A3 model that I just received!! I have so many variants that it will take me a little bit to complete.

I had to take a few months off.. so I am slowly getting back into the swing of things. I am working on the units and M4A3's.. and I am updating and adding some equipment to the models.. so this update will be a big one. Also, before I took my break, I was getting things ACE compatible. I will try and give more info soon.. I appreciate all of your interest in the addon.

Somethings that will be different in mar_MARSOC_V2.0:

=================

CHANGE LOG/ISSUES

=================

RELEASE DATE: TBD

mar_MARSOC_V2.0

---------------

*ADDED MARSOC Combat Diver (Combat Diver has user actions to Pack Dive Gear, Unpack Dive Gear, Drop Dive Pack)

*REWORKED Thanks to Ivan Buchta and W0lle, I am updating all the M4's to the proper M4A3 model from BIS

*ADDED DES camo and WDL camo M4A3's

*ADDED Normal, DES, WDL M4A3 Ammo Boxes

*REWORKED ELCAN optics

*FIXED weird shadow on Automatic Rifleman's head

*FIXED Command Bar Issue (now you can see what unit is selected)

*ADDED Replacement Packs to replace FR and TEAM Razor units.

*ADDON now contains separate PBO's for the configs, this will make it easier to add MSOT's and COMBAT DIVERS and will help out with ACE Compatibility. Will explain more later.

Ok, Meatball, I can't wait to add these to LEA. Thanks for the classname and I'm looking forward to an update. Good Luck!

Congrats on the update :) a question though why the M4A3? I don't think any US service branch uses this version, only the M4 or M4A1 (includes various mods like mk18 etc...)

Edited by desmondb

Isn't the M4A3 just a M4A1 with the Bushmaster name put on it and a couple of small modifacations?

Since you already answered the question about there being 3 camo schemes (black, desert, woodland) just curious as to what kinda of variants of the M4's you will have besides the standard (ironsight, aimpoint, EOTech and ACOG) and your ELCAN variant? Any EOTech w/ magnifiers, Aimpoint w/ magnifiers, Mk4 CQ/Ts, shortdots, versions with the PVS-14 (ala ACE's PVS-14 w/ ACOG)? And I'm assuming each with have a mix of lasers, lamps, M203s, silencers, foregrips etc etc?

Congrats on the update :) a question though why the M4A3? I don't think any US service branch uses this version, only the M4 or M4A1 (includes various mods like mk18 etc...)

Yes, you are correct. The research that I have done does suggest that the US military does not use the M4A3, but rather the M4 and the M4A1. Since that is a fact, I must stay true to realism and am now rethinking replacing my previous models with the A3. I may just add some A3 variants to the addon.

Isn't the M4A3 just a M4A1 with the Bushmaster name put on it and a couple of small modifacations?

Yes. It seems that the A3 is just a A1 made by Bushmaster with some small modifications.

Since you already answered the question about there being 3 camo schemes (black, desert, woodland) just curious as to what kinda of variants of the M4's you will have besides the standard (ironsight, aimpoint, EOTech and ACOG) and your ELCAN variant? Any EOTech w/ magnifiers, Aimpoint w/ magnifiers, Mk4 CQ/Ts, shortdots, versions with the PVS-14 (ala ACE's PVS-14 w/ ACOG)? And I'm assuming each with have a mix of lasers, lamps, M203s, silencers, foregrips etc etc?

I would love to have more variants, will look into it.

Thanks for all your questions and I have taken these into thought. I may change course here and go in a totally new direction with another idea I am having. I will let you guys know more soon.

Awsome, M4A1's and M4A3's. Please make them ACE Compatable ASAP. (If your going to make an ACE Config will the ACOG's have a Docter CQB sight?, and will your elcan have a cqb sight on it also?)

RH has several version of the M4 and M4A1, have you considered seeing if he'd allow you to include his?

RH has several version of the M4 and M4A1, have you considered seeing if he'd allow you to include his?

Robert Hammer's M4's are top notch.. the best I have seen. I do love me some RH weapons.. they are beautifully done. Yes, that has crossed my mind......:scratchchin:

Robert Hammer's M4's are top notch.. the best I have seen. I do love me some RH weapons.. they are beautifully done. Yes, that has crossed my mind......:scratchchin:

Yes, they are good, but I like yours as well. There are very few woodland camo M4s in hardly any variants, and no desert ones whatsoever (in RH's pack). Not trying to make you do more work or anything but I thought what you had was a good start. If you can expand on it, it would be even better IMO

Edited by islesfan186

Yes, they are good, but I like yours as well. There are very few woodland camo M4s in hardly any variants, and no desert ones whatsoever (in RH's pack). Not trying to make you do more work or anything but I thought what you had was a good start. If you can expand on it, it would be even better IMO

Thank you for your kind comment. :) Yes, I do like mine... I am looking into remodeling my M4A1 to add some more detail to them. However, my modeling skills are limited, so this might take sometime.