Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

Are the M4s ace compatible?

Also JGuids post #44:

"Please do not forget to make a config for backpacks that they are compatible with the ACE, and radio rucks with ACRE! Nice mod but need a full squad addiction"

The Woodland units looks most excellent, thank you for making and updating these units!

Edited by VirtualVikingX

Are the M4s ace compatible?

Also JGuids post #44:

The Woodland units looks most excellent, thank you for making and updating these units!

Yes, thank you for reminding me of compatibility issues. I haven't done any testing with ACE or ACRE yet. I will add that to future update TO DO list.

@Everyone

I will be updating the First Post with any issues and future change logs, so check before you post issues as they may have already been addressed. Thank you.

Thanks for the great units and quick responses. I don't have a bad thing to say. Sierra Hotel meatball. Great work.

The addon I've waited for all the time. Great work! Thanks alot!

Thank you for upgrading MARSOC! Btw is it intentional that all AI MARSOC units do heal themselves? OPFOR would like this just too shoot MARSOC down during this in heal-animation. ;)

Thanks for the great units and quick responses. I don't have a bad thing to say. Sierra Hotel meatball. Great work.

November Pappa!

great stuff! is there a rep pack? i'd like to use them as default USMC troops?

That would be nice, however I would have to look into how to do it. I would welcome someone who does know how to do it to contact me.

The addon I've waited for all the time. Great work! Thanks alot!

I am happy to make your year! Thank you very much for your kind words.

Thank you for upgrading MARSOC! Btw is it intentional that all AI MARSOC units do heal themselves? OPFOR would like this just too shoot MARSOC down during this in heal-animation. ;)

Well all the units are config to be attendants (can heal other units), so I am thinking they probably can heal themselves. Hmmmm... you are right on the fact it would make them a sitting target... hmmmm....

Meatball,

First, thanks for the update. These are great and the addition of the "light" units are welcome.

I have two "issues," but only mention them as suggestions. The units are great as is...

1. I didn't see anything written anywhere about how these new units aren't "compatible" with the original units you made. If you delete the original units (mar_inf), you'll cause problems on missions already made with "v 1.4." This isn't a huge deal, as I went in and replaced all the units in a small "campaign" I made for myself, but a heads up for others maybe helpful.

2. When you select a unit in your squad, there's no indication that he's selected. Normally for other units, when you press (let's say) F2, "2" will be highlighted. For your units, nothing changes on the bottom of the screen when you select a member.

Again, just reporting a few things. Overall, these are great, and thanks again.

Meatball,

First, thanks for the update. These are great and the addition of the "light" units are welcome.

I have two "issues," but only mention them as suggestions. The units are great as is...

1. I didn't see anything written anywhere about how these new units aren't "compatible" with the original units you made. If you delete the original units (mar_inf), you'll cause problems on missions already made with "v 1.4." This isn't a huge deal, as I went in and replaced all the units in a small "campaign" I made for myself, but a heads up for others maybe helpful.

2. When you select a unit in your squad, there's no indication that he's selected. Normally for other units, when you press (let's say) F2, "2" will be highlighted. For your units, nothing changes on the bottom of the screen when you select a member.

Again, just reporting a few things. Overall, these are great, and thanks again.

I am glad that you like the light units. I think they would be awesome in certain situations. As for your two issues:

1. I believe they potentially can cause conflicting issues and even though they may not, I have decided to inform all mirrors of the mar_inf_marines to please remove that download. I am only going to focus on the mar_marines for now on and I do apologize to all mission makers who have to adjust their missions to work with the new classnames.

2. Thanks for pointing that out to me as it slipped my mind to add it to the FUTURE UPDATES list on the first post. I will get to that at sometime, because it is annoying not having the unit highlighted.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

I am glad that you like the light units. I think they would be awesome in certain situations. As for your two issues:

1. I believe they potentially can cause conflicting issues and even though they may not, I have decided to inform all mirrors of the mar_inf_marines to please remove that download. I am only going to focus on the mar_marines for now on and I do apologize to all mission makers who have to adjust their missions to work with the new classnames.

It's certainly not the end of the world and a relatively easy fix, just wanted to make sure others were aware.

2. Thanks for pointing that out to me as it slipped my mind to add it to the FUTURE UPDATES list on the first post. I will get to that at sometime, because it is annoying not having the unit highlighted.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

I look forward to the fix, should you be able to get to it. And thank YOU for taking the time to make this great addon.

As an FYI, if you like to see these in a mission, my open-world whole-island mission "Lost" in now compatible with Meatball's MARSOCs. If you have them, they will automatically be included in the mission. Check it out.

[sP] Lost

Does any1 have plans on making a replacement of the force recon guys with these units?

Edited by logandog1240

Does any1 have plans on making a replacement of the force recon guys with these units?

There was an attempt at doing this, but the person ran into some problems. So if anyone wants to take on this task.. please contact me.

@Everyone

I will make an update when I have completed this new MARSOC unit. I think all of you will enjoy it. So, I will post some pics as soon as testing starts.

Meatball's latest unit is a MARSOC combat diver. He sent a unit to me tonight so I could put it underwater.

These units have some great features such as the ability to take off your dive mask and fins. You can even take off your backpack and leave your gear at the shoreline (or underwater) and then retrieve it later once you are going "feet wet".

MARSOC_divers-01_LR.jpg MARSOC_divers-02_LR.jpg

MARSOC_divers-03_LR.jpg MARSOC_divers-04_LR.jpg

MARSOC_divers-05_LR.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:49 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

Edited by Feint
Added another screenie :)

*Faints*

So....

I was wondering if it would be possible for the ACE team to do with Vests and chest rigs what they do with Balaclavas? Would be usable in this situation as well I think. The option to pick up and drop and equip certain parts of the uniform.

Edited by Nike619

@Nike619- I would go to the ACE thread and ask that question there. Wow Feint, those pics are awesome. Looking forward to the update Meatball. :thumbsup:

Meatball's latest unit is a MARSOC combat diver. He sent a unit to me tonight so I could put it underwater.

These units have some great features such as the ability to take off your dive mask and fins. You can even take off your backpack and leave your gear at the shoreline (or underwater) and then retrieve it later once you are going "feet wet".

Thanks a lot Feint for posting some screen shots of the MARSOC Combat Diver with Feints Underwater Diving Module. We hope you guys will enjoy these two addons.

The combat diver has built in useractions that will allow you to do several actions. The Combat Diver will be apart of the next update.

It's certainly not the end of the world and a relatively easy fix, just wanted to make sure others were aware.

I look forward to the fix, should you be able to get to it. And thank YOU for taking the time to make this great addon.

well well somebody has been raised wel :P but i can not do anything other then agree Tnx for the addons they are great :)

Got to say there's been som great work put into these. Both units an m4s. Best m4 setup so far in my opinion.

Small suggestion. As of now both desert and woodland units have the default woodland camo texture on their m4s.

Would it take up too much space to have the desert units use the default desert camo texture on their m4s?

Only got one real bad thing to mention, though. I've been playing ACE with these, and the only thing that seems to not work so great is the positioning of headgear.

I don't really know how ArmA handles it, but I guess there's a proxy telling the game where to put headgear attachments that comes with ACE.

The problem is that ACE headgear does not get correctly positioned on the units head. It's positioned slightly too much forward and low. For all the glasses, goggles, nvgs, gasmasks, balaclavas etc. I haven't seen anyone mention this small issue in the thread, so here it is.

Chance of that getting fixed? :)

Got to say there's been som great work put into these. Both units an m4s. Best m4 setup so far in my opinion.

Small suggestion. As of now both desert and woodland units have the default woodland camo texture on their m4s.

Would it take up too much space to have the desert units use the default desert camo texture on their m4s?

Only got one real bad thing to mention, though. I've been playing ACE with these, and the only thing that seems to not work so great is the positioning of headgear.

I don't really know how ArmA handles it, but I guess there's a proxy telling the game where to put headgear attachments that comes with ACE.

The problem is that ACE headgear does not get correctly positioned on the units head. It's positioned slightly too much forward and low. For all the glasses, goggles, nvgs, gasmasks, balaclavas etc. I haven't seen anyone mention this small issue in the thread, so here it is.

Chance of that getting fixed? :)

Thank you for that upbuilding comment and I am glad that you are enjoying the units and weapons. In the next update, the DMARPAT units will have desert camo M4's and the WMARPAT will have the woodland camo ones. I tried my best to make some decent desert camo M4's so I hope the community enjoys them. Also, the MARSOC Combat Diver will have the standard black non-camouflaged weapons.

As for the compatibility with ACE, I haven't gotten to that yet and will do so when the addon is fully operating in vanilla ArmA 2. I am projecting that to happen after this next update, but I can't make any guarantees.

Here is a little taste of what I have been working on these past few weeks.

MARSOC Combat Diver

arma2oa2012041110384538.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

arma2oa2012041110385638.jpg

arma2oa2012041110393542.jpg

arma2oa2012041110403981.jpg

arma2oa2012041110410001.jpg

Wow... those units look great. Now all they need is MEU SOC 1911's. :)

Wow... those units look great. Now all they need is MEU SOC 1911's. :)

Hmmmmm... maybe my first weapon model project ;)

We've been playing a small group of people with these on a custom mission and noticed two more tiny bugs.

1. The bag hanging under units backpacks sometimes seems to be pitch black.

2. One of the units with helmets (I think it was the automatic rifleman?) was casting a larger triangle like shadow from his head. As if one of the proxys were casting a shadow?

Graphically these units are one of the best ones available and we all enjoy playing as marsoc!

You've thought about making each helmet more customized per unit? (if marsoc even does things like that)

Small things like patches, flags, batteries, IR strobe, googles slightly different positioned, other colours or camo.

Same for the vest with other tiny details like chemlights?

Edited by AlexVestin

We've been playing a small group of people with these on a custom mission and noticed two more tiny bugs.

2. One of the units with helmets (I think it was the automatic rifleman?) was casting a larger triangle like shadow from his head. As if one of the proxys were casting a shadow?

Graphically these units are one of the best ones available and we all enjoy playing as marsoc!

You've thought about making each helmet more customized per unit? (if marsoc even does things like that)

Small things like patches, flags, batteries, IR strobe, googles slightly different positioned, other colours or camo.

I noticed that so in the next update I removed the buttpacks.

Thanks for giving me the heads up on this one. Is it possible for you to determine exactly which unit it is?

As a Marine, I would say that MARSOC units probably stick to a standard SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) when it comes to their gear. Of course there will be some variations due to shooters comfort, but in all they will not be all nasty looking like the Army Special Forces ;)

I have made some variations to each equipment, and some of the goggles are set up different. I do plan to hopefully add some more gear to the models, but that is on the back burner for now.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and findings.. and I am glad that your are enjoying them.