Sign in to follow this  
Meatball0311

MARSOC Marine Special Operations Team

now i see :) great work ! It would definitely be cool to see a mix if that is at all realistic, but anyways now i'm tempted to open up a Marsoc section of the task force :)

now i see :) great work ! It would definitely be cool to see a mix if that is at all realistic, but anyways now i'm tempted to open up a Marsoc section of the task force :)

I dont know how much the MARSOC units will differ in gear... as a Marine I must say the Marine Corps takes pride in looking squared away and uniform.

UPDATE:

*ADDED "PVS14" as part of the gear

*FIXED issue with NVG.. Now when the unit is not using the PVS14 it is mounted in the up position and when the unit is using the PVS14 it is in the down positon. Check out the screens!!

Not using PVS-14

arma2OA2011-07-1121-37-52-90.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-1121-38-18-39.jpg

Using PVS-14

arma2OA2011-07-1121-37-12-03.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-1121-36-58-78.jpg

back to work....:)

arma2OA2011-07-1721-26-21-16.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-1721-27-03-90.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-1721-27-08-66.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-1121-37-52-90.jpg

arma2OA2011-07-1121-37-12-03.jpg

I have been working hard all weekend to get this out to you all. I have taken the units in a new direction and instead of having 1 MSOT, I went and increased it to a Marine Special Operations Companies (MSOCs)

Marine Special Operations Company Alpha is apart of the 1st Marine Special Operations Battalion (MSOB). The MSOBs are tasked with direct action, special reconnaissance, counter-terrorism, and information operations. They are also trained to carry out peacetime foreign internal defense and unconventional warfare. This includes giving military training to friendly foreign nations. Each MSOB consists of four Marine Special Operations Companies (MSOCs) that contain four Marine Special Operations Teams (MSOTs) in each Company. The organization allows a Team to operate on its own if needed, but maintains the ability to operate as part of a bigger unit such as an MSOC or SOTF, similar to Army Special Forces ODA/B. The core personnel strength of the MSOBs was initially drafted from Force Reconnaissance Marines.

REQUIRED ADDONS:

ARMA II CO

UPDATE:

17JULY2011

----------

mar_inf_marines_V1.1

***PLAYER MUST ADD GLASSES "PVS-14 UP" TO PROFILE TO HAVE PVS-14 VISIBLE IN GAME. PLAYER PROFILE > EDIT > GLASSES > PVS-14 UP ****************

*ADDED WMARPAT MARSOC Marines

*FIXED issue with NVG.. Now when the unit is not using the PVS14 it is mounted in the up position and when the unit is using the PVS14 it is in the down positon.

*Combined textures and mapping to limit amount of files in addon (smaller PBO and more organized)

*MADE MSOC (MARINE SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMPANIES) ALPHA

- 1st, 2nd, 3rd MSOT

- 4th MSOT is a WEAPONS MSOT (ADDED MACHINE GUNNERS AND ASSAULTMAN (SMAW))

(TOTAL OF 4 MSOT (64 MARINES))

*REPLACED DRAGON WITH JAVELIN

*MADE REALISTIC GROUP FORMATIONS (ALL UNITS ARE SERGEANT RANK IN CONFIG, BUT I GAVE THEM RANKS IN THE GROUP TASK BAR) NO MORE TEAM LEADER AS POINT MAN, RIFLEMAN IS NOW POINT MAN.

Units can be found under BLUFOR> 1st Marine Special Operations Battalions> MSOC ALPHA(DMARPAT) or MSOC ALPHA(WMARPAT)

Groups can be found under BLUFOR > FACTION: Marine Special Operations Team (DMARPAT) or Marine Special Operations Team (WMARPAT)

Marine Special Operations Companies (MSOC) :

*4 MSOT

- 4thMSOT I made into a Weapons MSOT

Marine Special Operations Team (MSOT) :

*14 Marines plus one Navy Corpsman

-MSOT Commander (O-3)

-MSOT Radio Operator

-3 teams of 4 Marines (Team Leader, Automatic Rifleman, Assistant Auto Rifleman, Rifleman)

*Assault Element

*Support Element

*Security Element

- Navy Corpsman

- Scout Sniper Team (Shooter, Spotter)

======================

CLASSNAMES :

======================

DMARPAT

-------

1ST MSOT

mar_dmsot_cmd

mar_dmsot_ro

mar_dmsot_hm

mar_dmsot_tldr

mar_dmsot_tldr2

mar_dmsot_tldr3

mar_dmsot_ar

mar_dmsot_ar2

mar_dmsot_ar3

mar_dmsot_rfl

mar_dmsot_rfl2

mar_dmsot_rfl3

mar_dmsot_ag

mar_dmsot_ag2

mar_dmsot_ag3

mar_dmsot_sctsnip

mar_dmsot_sctspt

2ND MSOT

mar_dmsot_cmd_2

mar_dmsot_ro_2

mar_dmsot_hm_2

mar_dmsot_tldr_2

mar_dmsot_tldr2_2

mar_dmsot_tldr3_2

mar_dmsot_ar_2

mar_dmsot_ar2_2

mar_dmsot_ar3_2

mar_dmsot_rfl_2

mar_dmsot_rfl2_2

mar_dmsot_rfl3_2

mar_dmsot_ag_2

mar_dmsot_ag2_2

mar_dmsot_ag3_2

mar_dmsot_sctsnip_2

mar_dmsot_sctspt_2

3RD MSOT

mar_dmsot_cmd_3

mar_dmsot_ro_3

mar_dmsot_hm_3

mar_dmsot_tldr_3

mar_dmsot_tldr2_3

mar_dmsot_tldr3_3

mar_dmsot_ar_3

mar_dmsot_ar2_3

mar_dmsot_ar3_3

mar_dmsot_rfl_3

mar_dmsot_rfl2_3

mar_dmsot_rfl3_3

mar_dmsot_ag_3

mar_dmsot_ag2_3

mar_dmsot_ag3_3

mar_dmsot_sctsnip_3

mar_dmsot_sctspt_3

4TH MSOT

mar_dmsot_cmd_4

mar_dmsot_ro_4

mar_dmsot_hm_4

mar_dmsot_tldr_4

mar_dmsot_tldr2_4

mar_dmsot_tldr3_4

mar_dmsot_mg_4

mar_dmsot_mg2_4

mar_dmsot_mg3_4

mar_dmsot_rfl_4

mar_dmsot_rfl2_4

mar_dmsot_rfl3_4

mar_dmsot_ag_4

mar_dmsot_ag2_4

mar_dmsot_ag3_4

mar_dmsot_sctsnip_4

mar_dmsot_sctspt_4

WMARPAT

-------

1st MSOT

---------

mar_wmsot_cmd

mar_wmsot_ro

mar_wmsot_hm

mar_wmsot_tldr

mar_wmsot_tldr2

mar_wmsot_tldr3

mar_wmsot_ar

mar_wmsot_ar2

mar_wmsot_ar3

mar_wmsot_rfl

mar_wmsot_rfl2

mar_wmsot_rfl3

mar_wmsot_ag

mar_wmsot_ag2

mar_wmsot_ag3

mar_wmsot_sctsnip

mar_wmsot_sctspt

2ND MSOT

mar_wmsot_cmd_2

mar_wmsot_ro_2

mar_wmsot_hm_2

mar_wmsot_tldr_2

mar_wmsot_tldr2_2

mar_wmsot_tldr3_2

mar_wmsot_ar_2

mar_wmsot_ar2_2

mar_wmsot_ar3_2

mar_wmsot_rfl_2

mar_wmsot_rfl2_2

mar_wmsot_rfl3_2

mar_wmsot_ag_2

mar_wmsot_ag2_2

mar_wmsot_ag3_2

mar_wmsot_sctsnip_2

mar_wmsot_sctspt_2

3RD MSOT

mar_wmsot_cmd_3

mar_wmsot_ro_3

mar_wmsot_hm_3

mar_wmsot_tldr_3

mar_wmsot_tldr2_3

mar_wmsot_tldr3_3

mar_wmsot_ar_3

mar_wmsot_ar2_3

mar_wmsot_ar3_3

mar_wmsot_rfl_3

mar_wmsot_rfl2_3

mar_wmsot_rfl3_3

mar_wmsot_ag_3

mar_wmsot_ag2_3

mar_wmsot_ag3_3

mar_wmsot_sctsnip_3

mar_wmsot_sctspt_3

4TH MSOT

mar_wmsot_cmd_4

mar_wmsot_ro_4

mar_wmsot_hm_4

mar_wmsot_tldr_4

mar_wmsot_tldr2_4

mar_wmsot_tldr3_4

mar_wmsot_mg_4

mar_wmsot_mg2_4

mar_wmsot_mg3_4

mar_wmsot_rfl_4

mar_wmsot_rfl2_4

mar_wmsot_rfl3_4

mar_wmsot_ag_4

mar_wmsot_ag2_4

mar_wmsot_ag3_4

mar_wmsot_sctsnip_4

mar_wmsot_sctspt_4

==================

MOST IMPORTANTLY

==================

enjoy! :dancehead:

Edited by Meatball0311

Thx you so much for woodlan marpart marines

Thank you for taking interest in this addon!

What do you guys think of them? Any questions?

Thank you for taking interest in this addon!

What do you guys think of them? Any questions?

Brit running around as a yank in these......never felt so comfortable, many thanks for the effort!

These are great - thanks for your work. Any chance that you can work with Sickboy to get these on Six-Updater - don't want to miss the next update!

Brit running around as a yank in these......never felt so comfortable, many thanks for the effort!

Good to go! Thanks!

These are great - thanks for your work. Any chance that you can work with Sickboy to get these on Six-Updater - don't want to miss the next update!

Have not tried to contact him... but that would be a great honor to have on the Six-Updater :)

UPDATE:

mar_inf_marines_V1.3

13AUG2011

---------

mar_inf_marines_V1.3

Groups now found under:

BLUFOR > USMC > 1stMSOB\MSOC Alpha

10AUG2011

---------

mar_inf_marines_V1.2

CHANGED: Faction of units to USMC

17JULY2011

----------

mar_inf_marines_V1.1

***PLAYER MUST ADD SUNGLASSES "PVS-14 UP" TO PROFILE TO HAVE PVS-14 VISIBLE IN GAME. PLAYER PROFILE > EDIT > GLASSES > PVS-14 UP ****************

*FIXED issue with NVG.. Now when the unit is not using the PVS14 it is mounted in the up position and when the unit is using the PVS14 it is in the down positon.

*Combined textures and mapping to limit amount of files in addon (smaller PBO and more organized)

- 3 ASSAULT MSOT

- 1 WEAPONS MSOT (ADDED MACHINE GUNNERS AND ASSAULTMAN (SMAW))

*MADE REALISTIC GROUP FORMATIONS (ALL UNITS ARE SERGEANT RANK IN CONFIG, BUT I GAVE THEM RANKS IN THE GROUP TASK BAR) NO MORE TEAM LEADER AS POINT MAN, RIFLEMAN IS NOW POINT

MAN.

07JULY11

--------

mar_inf_marines_V1.0

UPDATE:

mar_inf_marines_V1.4

My apologies on the quick update, but there was an error that I had to fix... here is the latest and should be good for sometime.

13AUG2011

UPDATE mar_inf_marines_V1.4

---------

FIXED: ERROR Warning Message: Cannot load texture mar_inf_marines\proxies\nvg\data\mar_msot_gear.paa.

CORRECTED: PVS-14 LOD

13AUG2011

UPDATE mar_inf_marines_V1.3

---------

Groups now found under:

BLUFOR > USMC > 1stMSOB\MSOC Alpha

10AUG2011

UPDATE mar_inf_marines_V1.2

---------

CHANGED: Faction of units to USMC

17JULY2011

UPDATE mar_inf_marines_V1.1

---------

***PLAYER MUST ADD SUNGLASSES "PVS-14 UP" TO PROFILE TO HAVE PVS-14 VISIBLE IN GAME. PLAYER PROFILE > EDIT > GLASSES > PVS-14 UP ****************

- 3 ASSAULT MSOT

- 1 WEAPONS MSOT (ADDED MACHINE GUNNERS AND ASSAULTMAN (SMAW))

*MADE REALISTIC GROUP FORMATIONS (ALL UNITS ARE SERGEANT RANK IN CONFIG, BUT I GAVE THEM RANKS IN THE GROUP TASK BAR) NO MORE TEAM LEADER AS POINT MAN, RIFLEMAN IS NOW POINT

MAN.

07JULY11

RELEASED mar_inf_marines_V1.4

---------

Units can be found under BLUFOR > USMC > 1st MSOB/MSOC ALPHA(DMARPAT) or MSOC ALPHA(WMARPAT)

Just going to nitpick here...

Unless you're referencing some photos that I haven't seen, Marines do not wear American flags on their uniforms. MARPAT cammies don't have huge velcro patches on the arms, other special operations units who want to use the cammie pattern can purchase non-Marine Corps issue cammies. Even if they flew Americans flags, they're backwards on these models. It would be worn on the right arm with the stripes pointing to the rear like a flag waving in battle. The red patches they wear on the center of their plater carriers is unusual as well. It goes against any common sense to wear bright colors such as red and yellow, they do have those patches. But they're in coyote brown with black lettering.

Just going to nitpick here...

Unless you're referencing some photos that I haven't seen, Marines do not wear American flags on their uniforms. MARPAT cammies don't have huge velcro patches on the arms, other special operations units who want to use the cammie pattern can purchase non-Marine Corps issue cammies. Even if they flew Americans flags, they're backwards on these models. It would be worn on the right arm with the stripes pointing to the rear like a flag waving in battle. The red patches they wear on the center of their plater carriers is unusual as well. It goes against any common sense to wear bright colors such as red and yellow, they do have those patches. But they're in coyote brown with black lettering.

As being a combat Marine myself.. I understand the fact that Marines do not wear patches. But as doing research for these units, I am starting to see the MARSOC units wearing the American flag on both arms... stripes pointed to the rear. Also they do have the name patches that I put on the flaks, maybe mine might be too colorful, but in all it is close. The fasthelmet.. I put in because I personally like it and took the time to model it.

I remember you having this complaint earlier and I thought if you had it again you would bring some evidence to support your claim. I guess you don't have any... but I do.

Check out the video...

0:31 (Marine on Right has patch on right arm stripes pointed to the rear... cannot see left arm)

0:44 (Marine with patch on right arm.. cannot see left arm)

0:54 (Marine with patch on LEFT arm... ha!)

0:57 (Marine on right with patch on Left arm)

1:07 (Marine with patch on Right arm.. stripes pointed to the rear)

1:54 (Marine with patch on Left arm... I am starting to get tired, but this is a good video)

2:02 (Marine on right.. looks to be a sniper.. patch on left arm)

3:42 Marine getting some has patch on Left arm.... do you need any more evidence that some of the MARSOC units DO wear American patches??

I put a lot of time and effort into making these units. As a Marine I take pride in putting out as close to possible life like Marines.

Don't know where I saw it, but the center flak name patch is also used... maybe I will tone down the color a little.

Any other questions? :)

8Nv94FHRv9w

Edited by Meatball0311

Please do not forget to make a config for backpacks that they are compatible with the ACE, and radio rucks with ACRE! Nice mod but need a full squad addiction

Please do not forget to make a config for backpacks that they are compatible with the ACE, and radio rucks with ACRE! Nice mod but need a full squad addiction

I havent test the units with ACE yet..

I have plans on making sure this is good to go with everything, so I will definitely make all things compatible.

As for the full squad... I dont know yet. You should look into using High Command with this as the teams are meant to be used as "squads" having different assignments and all the squads or teams make up a Marine Special Operations Team.

another thing to think about adding to give a little variation to the units is: marpat combat shirts, standard MICH 2000 helmets with and without helmet covers(i tend to keep my helmet cover on because the light tan helmet can sometimes catch a glare from the sunlight), SPC vests if you want to go all out. just throwing out what my guys and i throw on out in the sandbox

Nice job, Meatball keep up the solid work man

Edited by F2F_BHO

haha i just saying if he wanted to go all out with an amazing realistic MARSOC addon with some variety. vary rarely do you find and sf team all wearing the same exact gear. but i see where you are coming from

Nice job, Meatball keep up the solid work man

Appreciate it hard charger!

another thing to think about adding to give a little variation to the units is: marpat combat shirts, standard MICH 2000 helmets with and without helmet covers(i tend to keep my helmet cover on because the light tan helmet can sometimes catch a glare from the sunlight), SPC vests if you want to go all out. just throwing out what my guys and i throw on out in the sandbox
haha i just saying if he wanted to go all out with an amazing realistic MARSOC addon with some variety. vary rarely do you find and sf team all wearing the same exact gear. but i see where you are coming from

I feel you on the part that SF teams normally wear what is most comfortable with them. In the future I will add more of a variety to the units, these were actually my first project and it took me sometime to grasp the modeling techniques. I also cannot give, at the moment, my 100% attention to them due to my other project (F/A-18F).

But you are correct and I would love to add those things mentioned.. maybe Devil Dog you can assist me with all the new gear the Corps is using these days.. I got out in 2004, so I know there has been some changes. Thanks for commenting.

Meatball, very nice work on these. A couple of questions/comments for you:

Using one of the four man assault teams, If you stand close to them and zoom in on their face, their eyeballs are moving a hundred miles an hour back and forth. I did not notice this with other unit addons.

Same four man assault team, RTO back pack is camouflaged, but I can see a large patch of the underlying tan back pack in the middle.

The ingame task bar icons are very nice, but when trying to select individual units with the "F" keys, I cannot tell which one is selected.

I am not at home right now, but will give you better details later. I didn't know if anyone else has the same issues.

Edited by panther42