Sign in to follow this  
ghostnineone

Greenman Games triggering FADE?

It could just be that there's a bug that's triggering FADE, FADE is not an instant marker that something is 'illegal'

With a promotion of this size there's bound to be something to go wrong

another person on the forums there has the same issue as well, but others have reported none at all...GMGs servers have been down all day so no one official has posted in my thread yet, it would be nice if a mod would come in here so i at least have some kind of clue. GMG uses their own version of secureROM for DRM

One thing to keep in mind:

For people with already a2 installed, it may use that key and therefore not trigger fade.

IF the problem is due to the key.

Hello, I just created this account to clear a few things up:

1. The keys are in fact valid. Use a SecuRom diagnostics tool and it will tell you that the copy is already authenticated.

2. FADE activates because the game client is tampered with or different.

3. Steam copies do not even have FADE in them (GMG shouldn't either but they feel that it is necessary.)

4. It works for some people, but for the majority it does not.

5. GMG said that they have found the problem and are working on fixing it.

6. Bohemia is not responsible at all for the GMG dilemma. If anyone is responsible it's either Green Man Gaming or Meridian 4.

What the... did I say something wrong?

What the... did I say something wrong?

???

As far as I can tell, this post is your first post in this thread? :)

Seems to be an issue. I just got an email saying it's a problem they are trying to fix.

Seems like they put nearly no time into testing their distro lol. Kinda makes them look like amateurs. Good thing nobody paid anything for this version :)

Yep, though I didn't download ArmA I as I already have it, I did get the email. For those that didn't get it here's what they said...

We have become aware that ARMA 2 (recently given away for free by GMG) is bringing up 'FADE' copy protection warnings for some ARMA 2 users. FADE is designed to stop people who pirated the game from being able to play by checking for modified game files. Unfortunately in this case, it's picking up our own security measures as a modification and triggering warnings in error. Please be assured we're working with the publishers to solve this issue - and hope to have a solution within the next 24 hours. Please sign up for our mailing list for more updates on the this situation, and information future DLC releases as this will be the only service mail sent out on this subject. Thank you very much for your time and understanding.

Email received this morning. I didn't even complete the purchase myself, but thought it might be of interest.

gmgzn.jpg

Edited by Derinahon
Oops VIPER beat me :P

LOL Derinahon, you've been ninja'd by Viper !

Good news that they are working on it too.

???

As far as I can tell, this post is your first post in this thread? :)

I made two posts on the first page and they were deleted :eek: