Sign in to follow this  
tony1977

BAF lancers mission problem

hi,

im having problems with clearing the road of mines. i cant seem to get the engineer to clear the mines.

a pop up explains that i should be able to team switch to manually control the engineer but the team switch button doesnt work.

any tips?

If you have him in one of the vehicles, you need to tell him to get out. Then press T and switch to him. Then go to all the mines in the road and disable them. Then, once you have cleared all of them, switch back to yourself by using the teamswitch again (T). Once you have switched back, press 0-0-1. This will tell the tanks that it is clear.

If pressing T doesn't work, maybe you changed some of the controls and they are conflicting with it?

Edited by Nicholas

managed to get the mines cleared eventually but team switch defo aint working. ive checked the keys and its still T by default.

i done a forum search and someone said that team switch is only available in single missions whens its been enabled but the pop up defo says i should be able to team switch in this campaign mission.

did it work for anyone else on this mission?

I actually replayed the BAF campaign earlier this week and team switch worked fine for me.

And as I said, make sure your engineer is not in any vehicles when attempting to team switch or it won't work. You must order him to disembark, then you can team switch.

Edited by Nicholas

It worked for me no problem in this mission. Maybe try and restart the mish? Do you have any mods running that may interfere with the mission architecture?

I found that some mods that change the game in a major fashion often tend to bend or break missions that were not specifically designed for them.

As soon as you arrive at the mines:

1. Get out of your vehicle. (BOTH YOU AND THE ENGINEER MUST DISEMBARK OR IT WILL NOT WORK!!!)

2. Order your engineer to disembark. (F4)

3. Press T

4. Select the engineer and press "Switch".

5.Disable all mines.

Here is proof that it works(I just took this picture): Team Switch Menu

Edited by Nicholas

it must have been cos i was in the vehicle. no probs.

guys, i know this isnt the proper place to ask, but i didnt want to start a whole new thread. The BAF campaign, is that only 4 missions?

guys, i know this isnt the proper place to ask, but i didnt want to start a whole new thread. The BAF campaign, is that only 4 missions?

Yes. But there are also about 8 awesome scenarios.

Yes, i noticed. I don't like those special forces like mission's, i did the regular one's. Pretty cool outfit and weaponry they have.

I LOVE the spec ops scenarios. Scud busters, baby! The only thing I don't love about BAF is its length.

Suggestion: ability to heal others should be added to Scud Busters. Specops are trained in battlefield medicine, no?

One time myself and one squadmate had been shot and couldn't walk, only crawl. We had eliminated all enemy in the area. As it is quite a crawl to the exfiltration point, I ordered the two remaining healthy mates to run all the way over to the oil derrick and get into one of the empty enemy trucks, and then to regroup and pick us up. We got in the truck, and I ordered the driver to the exfil point.

Edited by OMAC

I'm having a different problem in this mission. I defused the mine and am headed to the waypoint for the "Check IED" task. As soon as I get within ~20m of the waypoint, something explodes in my face and I lose. If I tell another unit to move into that location, the same thing happens no matter where I am standing.

Is this some sort of hidden mine? Or a bug?

There's a guy waving for you to stop before you get to the intersection. You should listen to him.

There's a guy waving for you to stop before you get to the intersection. You should listen to him.

Thanks, I just found him. I took a shortcut through the hills so I never met him!

Never mind.