Sign in to follow this  
bestrangerdx

Most strangest, funny or wierdest things that has happened to you in arma 2

One of the things about GL4 is that the enemy can fake their death, act like they are dead on the ground. Well I was just doing some stuff with ACM and thought my team had downed an enemy patrol. We go to investigate and they all look dead so we move on. Like 2 minutes later we begin receiving fire from a hilltop. One of the machinegunners faked his death and stalked us until he got up on a hill top. He killed half of our squad before we knew what was going on. It was hilarious :D

Hi Nightrain

That is a function that has been in the engine since the old days of BIS's OFP, it uses an animation to fake dead.

It happened to us on Zeus back almost a decade ago on a giant Coop, you can probably find the story in the old forums. After one mission designer used it and it caught us when we were looting a group of bodies. Just before it happened one the team was looting the body and saw its eyes move and called us all over to see we all looked it over and called it a spooky weired bug, then we turned our backs to get on with the rest of the looting.

That is when he popped up, of course he had a western rifle rather than an eastern because the person swapped his low on ammo M16 for the AK, so that caused even more confusion as people thought it was an ND (Negligent Discharge) at first, also all our security was facing out not in and of course he was mixed in with us, I think he got three to five of us.

We started putting a double tap in the head of every dead AI we found after that. Though we took to checking the eyes first after a while.

A variant is to booby trap the gun/body of a dead enemy when you bring up the gear menu a script causes a timed grenade to pop on the floor, you should see the panic that causes. It is a great way of preventing players looting enemy weapons for the leatist weapon.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

@Walker

Lol, that booby trap thing would be great for pissing off people after they've been out on patrol for a few hours :D.

I had an AI group member in an A10 and I was on foot. I guess he ran out of fuel or something and for whatever reason he thought it'd be a great time to return to formation.

So low and behold and I'm just running, then I look behind me and the stupid ass A10 crashes on top of me.

Moral of the Story: Don't let AI fly :)

Hi Nightrain

That is a function that has been in the engine since the old days of BIS's OFP, it uses an animation to fake dead.

It happened to us on Zeus back almost a decade ago on a giant Coop, you can probably find the story in the old forums. After one mission designer used it and it caught us when we were looting a group of bodies. Just before it happened one the team was looting the body and saw its eyes move and called us all over to see we all looked it over and called it a spooky weired bug, then we turned our backs to get on with the rest of the looting.

That is when he popped up, of course he had a western rifle rather than an eastern because the person swapped his low on ammo M16 for the AK, so that caused even more confusion as people thought it was an ND (Negligent Discharge) at first, also all our security was facing out not in and of course he was mixed in with us, I think he got three to five of us.

We started putting a double tap in the head of every dead AI we found after that. Though we took to checking the eyes first after a while.

A variant is to booby trap the gun/body of a dead enemy when you bring up the gear menu a script causes a timed grenade to pop on the floor, you should see the panic that causes. It is a great way of preventing players looting enemy weapons for the leatist weapon.

Kind Regards walker

For a small inter-group challenge we had to take a screenshot of some dead AI after we had dragged them together & laid them side by side. On one occasion I went back after dragging the last AI and found that one of them had recovered and wandered off :D

I think it was SLX that was responsible. Sometimes bodies recover and make trouble for you. It necessitates me putting extra rounds in AI who fall, or to place one or two into dead bodies I discover just as you said.

Luckily, the same SLX gave me a nice blood trail to follow & track him down all over again.

This was definitely the most funniest thing I've experinced.

ZZ7_68Z7e-A

That stunt was pretty cool.

I remember a custom mission on Malden where the devious Russians played dead all around the town and then ROSE SEEMINGLY FROM THE GRAVE to cause havoc.

We siezed a BMP and soon decimated enemy in town with help of infantry covering the vehicle. We recieved heavy fire from one of the houses, so I rotated the turret to it - launched a Konkurs missile and fired off another 50+ rounds from 2A42 30mm. Building collapsed after that, dust & silence filled the air...

Then we heard crying and sobbing. We inspected the building and a woman (AI civilian module) somehow survived the collapse, she's been injured and crouching in the middle of the wreck with 3 enemy KIA beside her :)

One of the first games I played in ArmaIIFree, somebody on the server had hacked it somehow. He was doing all kinds of really annoying things like changing all the menu's to "I'm Gay" and what not.

Just as I was about to leave the server, I'm in the base and all of a sudden an enemy full blown naval missile frigate spawns. It's got a full crew manning all the guns and just blows everything in our base away in seconds. There it was sailing in the dirt just blasting away like crazy.

I was patrolling the outskirts of a village in Takistan and some enemy appeared about 50 meters away. I took cover behind a small rock.

Unable to move I lobbed a grenade.

The aiming point was to my front and there were no trees to my front. The grenade started to fly forward then flew backwards and to my right and detonated just near me!

I wondered later if an enemy bullet might have struck the grenade!

We were playing a mission the other day on cherno. One of the objectives was destroy some BM-21s at the damn on the northern side of the map. After killing a few patrols we we sitting on a hill over looking the camp, we opened fire killing all the bad guys.

we then sent a few guys down to put sats on the GRADS while the others were covering, we got back to the hill and soon after the sats exploded, 2 seconds after they exploded all of a sudden on of our team memebers just died. We think that a lone peice of shrapnel got him but this hill was at least 600m away haha.

He then cme back in as a butterfly (because it was no respawn) so we decdied that he would be our "UAV" for the rest of the mission. :D

playing co-op with some friends and moving across a mountain when we take incoming

some of us hop out and fire while the GMG opens up..we thought we had killed everyone so we got back in

driving directly at where we had the contact we see this yellow light coming at us from about 600M away, we all start talking about it when it explodes in the air about 5M away from the jeep

turns out it was an RPG that exploded before it hit us :D

We were playing a coop mission "Battle: Duala" (not public) where we had to take the town and destroy all alien forces inside... we took a nice hillside positions and started sniping and shelling the enemy positions from AT jeep. We didn't secure the flanks as we were down to few men... me supervising this great offensive I turned back for a moment... and there were like 6-7 aliens unarmed watching the whole show just couple meters behind us :)

Gotta love that AI FSM that disabled agressive zombie behaviour, ... we started yelling and dispatched all of them in few seconds, then laughed out asses off ;)

I bet that has actually happened... including the laughing.