Sign in to follow this  
VictorTroska

ARMA 2 - Gratis (The Sun & GMG)

Free games..

For real?

Sure, just got Arma 2 and MoW. Will give keys to my friends who don't have the games yet. It's free and legal :)

Sure, just got Arma 2 and MoW. Will give keys to my friends who don't have the games yet. It's free and legal :)

I've been told you do not get the keys. You'll have to give them your account.

I've been told you do not get the keys. You'll have to give them your account.

Nah, I got the keys for both games. But I will give them access to my account so they could download the games.

It seems their server is not doing well with the number of visitors and downloaders.

Too bad you can't view your CD-key. But obviously it adds an encrypted form to a registry. Well at least I now have my AA2 in an english language :>

You can view your key, it's also in the email as "activation key"...

GMG sent me it in the same encrypted form as it is in registry. Meaning I can't just type it in during any future installation from my DVD. It's no biggie - I can always edit it in registry any time I want but still would've been nice to have it as a cdkey.

MoW key is in a proper form though

Thank you for the heads-up!

After many tries, got the three games.

Nice find, interesting about arma though. Not sure what to make of that.

Edited by Jeza

Do you have to keep their Capsual application whatsit installed? Want to know if I can get a copy for my dad and install later.

Do you have to keep their Capsual application whatsit installed? Want to know if I can get a copy for my dad and install later.

All you need is a key. You can install the game from whatever source you want (f.e. from your DVD) just add the key you receive to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 in registry

Played multiplayer with GMG key for 2 hours - no FADE. But it was a LAN game (although over Hamachi)

Edited by metalcraze

ghostnineone do you have another overlay tool like ts with plugin, steam or xfire running?

ghostnineone do you have another overlay tool like ts with plugin, steam or xfire running?

i have steam but i dont think it was running at the time, why?

The pbos are identical, so it the server exe.

The arma2.exe is different though. The reason is most likely the secuRom protection.

Its kinda weird why they added it .. in arma2 itself secuRom has been removed for quite a while.

My guess is that a flawed secuRom integration causes FADE to activate or their keys

aren't valid for whatever reason.

Let me make a guess.

If you saw the publisher is Meridian 4 and they are selling 1.00 version of a game published by Meridian 4. So obviously in 2009 Meridian 4 had SecuRom integrated into ArmA2.

A mere 1.10 patching should remove SecuRom.

Note that I and another guy played AA2 patched to 1.10 with GMG keys and encountered no FADE problems (although note that we use a DVD version of a game).

My guess is that the key Capsule writes into the registry may have been corrupted or has a single symbol mistaken in it.

You receive that key via your email, try comparing it to what you have in your registry and possibly re-inputing it there. If it doesn't work then, obviously, try contacting GMG or installing AA2 from somewhere else (like you can borrow your friends DVD and use that key with the installation)

Edited by metalcraze

just add the key you receive to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 in registry

could you be a bit more specific? I didn't get any emails with a cd-key from GMG, there was some odd long string of characters under the ArmA2 pic on their web-site after I had "purchased" it, though. anyway, how do I input it in the registry? right-click > new > key and just copy-paste the "key"? do I do it after installing and patching the game?

would be really helpful :j:

When I "purchased" it I got an email with the "long string of characters" - which is the CD-key in an encrypted hex form. You can also install the game using Capsule - in that case it will add that key to the registry automatically.

If you won't install it through Capsule you'll still need to install the game first from whatever other media. It will create that registry branch - there will be record named something like "Key" which you double-click and copy paste that string of characters if you want to use that key

Hope it's specific enough

can you explain how i can run the 1.10 patch to this version?

it currently only gives me errors