Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment WiP Thread

HI there

i have a Problem with the Direct sound in ACRE and my 5.1 System

i can her Peoples in my Rear only very very soft.

And if there more than 2 Meters away in my Rear i can´t hear them anymore.

The Rest of acre and the 5.1 system works perfect ony the Direct sound in the Rear i can´t hear

Please Help me.

P.S. Sorry for my Poor English.

Wrong door mate, report it at the ACRE thread here. ;)

I feel an infraction coming on, considering how often tpM posts. Please learn that asking for updates rarely achieves anything!

Well, zGuba coded a really nice new feature, which is about shifting the sound's pitch depending on the listeners perspective (angle). The pitch of the (shot) sound will be lower if you are behind the shooter, normal (no change in original pitch) when you are next to him/her, and higher when you are in front of the muzzle (which is not a good thing to do :D).

Anyhow, we still have RL stuff going on, don't expect it before Autumn. :(

Maybe a good idea to get a mod to lock the thread until you have news tpM .... that will stop the annoying pests.

To be honest, I'm not annoyed by these questions. It's understandable that people are hungry and impatient for stuff like this. :)

Well, zGuba coded a really nice new feature, which is about shifting the sound's pitch depending on the listeners perspective (angle). The pitch of the (shot) sound will be lower if you are behind the shooter, normal (no change in original pitch) when you are next to him/her, and higher when you are in front of the muzzle (which is not a good thing to do :D).

Anyhow, we still have RL stuff going on, don't expect it before Autumn. :(

Is that heavy on Performance? Potential of introducing Script Lag?

No, at least I didn't notice any performance issues with it so far. Only had noticable FPS drop when 30 soldiers fired in fullauto at the same time, but I set up the same in vanilla Arma and had similiar results. So ACSE is quite performance friendly, though it yet has to be tested in intensive MP environment. (But since it runs local, I'm not concerned about MP stability.)

Spam removed, thread closed as requested.

Heya,

The project is on halt (kinda') for an unknown period (probably not so long) of time because we are having RL troubles and other sh*t going on. We did some improvements in the past, which includes a sound dampening simulation (see video below) and some minor things. We have plans for more awesome stuff which will be implemented later, but sadly ACSE in it's current state is not ready for release. We are working on it when our time allows, but lately this became a quite rare occasion.

I moved to the UK last week, and currently don't have access to a computer which could allow me to do serious editing. zGuba has lots of RL job related work and other stuff, but we still really fascinated about developing this system, so we are not going to dump it nor throw it to someone else.

So, in short: it'll see the light of day and it'll be awsome, just don't hold your breath.

FUXWWxAMfGQ

Regards,

tpM

Thanks for the update on what's going on tpM, even if it takes long I'm looking forward to release!

I feel your pain, man. Trust me... Working on Project ASTFOR and everything that can happen to slow progress to a crawl has happened, lol. It sucks when real life and other things kick in, because you really want to see what you're doing get kicked out of the door into the hands of people to enjoy, but things never seem to go as planned. Congrats on the move (if it's a good thing, I mean lol).

I love this mod! the whole idea of dynamic sounds and stuff...it adds so much! take all the time as needed, i cant wait for a release! keep up the good work!

Hey guys, thanks for the support. Looks like I can continue working on it this week. Will keep you updated.

A minor update, just showing the difference between the exterior / interior firing sound of an M1A2.

AZoAM-mNDd8

Thanks for the update tpM!

Love the sounds too, can't wait for more.

A minor update, just showing the difference between the exterior / interior firing sound of an M1A2.

This mod is ArmA pr0n!

fap.gif

Well a little update would make no harm. Personally I think it's way too awesome to die however it's been a realy long long time since it was announced and there were no updates for few months now.

Edited by Gerwazy

Be patient, guys. :P

Edited by tpM
another vidi added

Not planned, but who knows...

Edited by tpM

I am so waiting for this!

edit: Polacy? o.O

Edited by Vynaratorski