Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Advanced Combat Sound Environment WiP Thread

No worries from me! Looks great and I'll be eagerly waiting for the release, take all the time you need (within reason ;) )

Bad news. But this is worth waiting. Or how about a beta relese? hehe:)

Maybe.

We have a proverb here in Hungary; "Türelem rózsát terem.", translates "Patience grows a rose.". :P ;)

Maybe.

We have a proverb here in Hungary; "Türelem rózsát terem.", translates "Patience grows a rose.". :P ;)

I'd like to say Patience grows a hungary ;)

Testing some grenade sounds (mainly placeholders).

Always loved your HE sounds. So damn beefy and excellent. Also, the rest always rocked of course.

Thanks. :)

Is this a Sound Mod it self, or does this System work with not just ACEX_SM but anyone else? I can tell you'd have to write sounds for different environments for this to be handled correctly...

Its a standalone SoundMod. It only requires ACE SM because of the config overriding. It doesn't interact with ACE SM sounds.

Yeah, I have to make the sounds for different environment types and distances, which I'm currently doing...

Hot stuff!

Also, that grenade UI is awesome. Where is that from?

-k

That's the scripted ACE throwing system, enabled through the clippi tool.

Yeah, its the grenade sys from ACE.

I recorded a video showing a small village firefight, currently uploading, will post it some hours later.

*Edit*

Here:

Edited by tpM
vidi

Nice work! Love the sounds! But I was wondering if you cound give us a release date or at least an eta?

When it's done, period. It may sound a bit harsh, but people need to realize that addon makers don't allow their lives to revolve around their addon making, but vice versa. There is a lot of hard work that goes into addon making--especially with something like this. Unless you've had prior experience, I don't think people begging for eTA's and release date's have any inkling how stressful such work can be and getting it done in a specific time line. It's difficult to give such information, since anything and everything can come up unexpectedly and cause a delay. That's why addon makers generally try to avoid giving dates this way people can't whine when it's not delivered by that time.

Please guys, just let them work quietly and be patient. It'll be done when it is ready and not before then. Understand and appreciate the hard work and complexity of such things and allow these guys to work in peace so they can ensure we get the best end-product possible. Nagging people about ETA's and release dates accomplish nothing, especially when the answer is always the same and the one asking already knows the answer to their own question--"when it is done."

^

Yeah, it's really hard to give releasedates or ETAs. Even if your life revolves around things like this, shit can happen. This thread is more than a year old, if you read back, you can see that it was originally planned for last summer, then autumn, then end of the year, and after that this spring etc, but some RL issues always interrupted the process.

Yesterday my system crashed due to some virus, but luckily I have most of my stuff on my phone's memory card. I dont want to promise dates and such. We are working on it, the result is quite pleasing so far, will keep you updated.

Alright sorry I touched some nerves with my last post, I'm just very anxious for this to release because I've been waiting for a sound mod like this for a long time. I guess I never realized how much work it takes. Sorry again! :butbut: But still keep up the work. (Patience is a virtue) :D

Remarkable work.

It's not uncommon for the best mods to take the most time for development. I've never experienced a game with sound effects such as these, so I'm more than willing to wait for it patiently.

Why wait for water to boil, when one could be playing ArmA instead? Or, better yet, if one has the know-how, offer a helping hand.

Again, sounds amazing. Good luck to you all, and thank you for your hard work.

Crazy pressure. This mod is awaited and this firefight video shows that it's worth waiting. There is nothing like this made. Do you mix one sample to generate separete sounds of one weapon? This is a shitload of work and I wish you good luck! I appreciate your work.

There are specific soundfiles for specific occasions. Mixing together all the sounds ingame (like play a base sound, then play an echo, then an other thing) would result in playing mutiple sounds per shot, which would be a waste concerning the 128 sample limit. We are playing only 1 sound per firing.

I have a "mixlog" for every weapon where I note every little change I'm applying to it's sounds (as a specific firing effect has 7-8 other sounds mixed into it, like mechanism sounds, echo, "sweeteners", environmental details and where and with what % they mixed to, and so on...). This way I can easily (but more timeconsumingly :D) create consistent sounds for all these weapons / different occasions, situations.

Edited by tpM

And you still, some how, have your sanity? Bravo! ;)

HI there

i have a Problem with the Direct sound in ACRE and my 5.1 System

i can her Peoples in my Rear only very very soft.

And if there more than 2 Meters away in my Rear i can´t hear them anymore.

The Rest of acre and the 5.1 system works perfect ony the Direct sound in the Rear i can´t hear

Please Help me.

P.S. Sorry for my Poor English.