need to be moved to your main Arma2 Directory:

============================

@COWarMod

userconfig

Keys

Dta

The Dta folder is in the folder that says INSTALL THESE FILES

does that help?

Hunter: any luck in lowering the crazy-high accuracy of the AI ?

Anyone know why the game crash?

Doesn't crash without CO, and yes, followed the bug list, deleted the file. Still crash when I have a hurted soldier around me.

Tweak the infantry and stealth recognition values for the regular infantry.

I do notice that for special ops units that the AI have a hard time recognition you,

I mean if you start shooting they will find you but their accuracy isn't 100% thats one way.

Another Website Update:

I had created a Tutorials Page on the WarMod website, it has all the tutorials I had posted on the forums here.

New Project

Also I am working on another project, the new project is a Mission Series, should be posting a new thread for it soon, look for it.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Well, tweaked in everything that was in the tweak file. Still crash.

Seems like it crashes when someone gets hurt or killed.

I use ACE, CBA, ACE Sounds, ACE Extra, Ace Russia, Ace US and COWar mod together btw.

Yep, when someone dies, game crash.

Edited by Col.

Try without ACE, as CoWarMod was not made ACE compatible nor was it tested with ACE. See if it still crashes.

As per my disclamer in the CoWarMod Download

Using COWarMod with Other Mods:

===============================

This version of WarMod (CoWarMod) was Built and tested over a period of 6 months, it works fine on its own,

if you are to use it with other mods such as ACEmod, or major mods that have their own configs, gameplay changes

for realism or what not then please take note that it will be possible that CoWarMod will not work 100% as it does on its own.

Some mods will see an influence of COWarMod on them, where as other mods might just crash, or wont see influence at all.

Please do not ask me if COWarMod is compatible with ACE, no it is not, some parts may be, but if a compatible version is wanted

by many then please let me know, I will only build one if a number of folks want it, I will not do individual requests, there is just to much work involved.

Also post your RPT and I can possibly tell you what your issue is but as i suggested try the mod without ACE.

Also the tweaks included with the mod as in the PVPscene tweaks/trumods/SLX those could possibly crash your game as well,

the pvpscene tweaks there are certain combinations you want to avoid, I suggest not using all of them.

COWarMod was already pretweaked but again please post your RPT and we can possibly find the culprit,

and remove all ACE related stuff and try the mod on its own.

Keep CBA as that is required.

Well, my good sire, looks like it was ACE creating problems. Thanks for the attention! And good luck with your irl probs! Good mod. Love the work.

Col. out.:cool:

Your welcome.

I'd like to see what RPT issues you were actually having, can you post your RPT with the ACE setup,

as if I can see what issues there are maybe I can tweak COWarMod so that it is more compatible,

as I know that there are things in COWarMod that already do some things that ACE has.

I know I had posted before and this message is really for all the COWarMod fans, that i hjad said I will not be doing an

ace compatible version, I can and will reconsider but I think maybe it could be better if it were an open beta, instead of

me just working on the mod behind the scenes and just releasing what i got to work, maybe if I had alot of feedback and

quite a few folks testing the mod withe ACE with me then I/we can accelerate the time it would take to create an ace compatible version.

What are your guys thoughts on this for an open beta COWarMod ACE Compatible version?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I would love to have an open beta ace compatible version. I play with COWAR already with ace, have to delete a few things but for the most part I dont get that many errors now.

Sounds good.

Well i dont want to spam my own thread here waiting for a bunch of replies about this question so what I'll do

is post a poll on my website and then you guys can vote from there.

There was already like 38 or more votes on the COWarMod Ace compatible poll, so I think this might even go better.

I think it might be more ideal for me anyways to get feedback from all you guys while we test CoWarMod with Ace, vs me

just building a version myself as i said in my previous post, is alot of work, and being so i have other projects im working on, but this way we build it together.

This would help me get an CoWarMod ACE Compatible version released faster then again me just building it myself.

So look for the poll on my site-->http://warmod.webs.com/

it will be located under Polls :rolleyes:(you think) lol

Also before i personally didn't want to do an ACE compatible version as well I got kinda of lazy, and well there was a ton

of RL stuff going on, plus I kinda of got sick of working on COWarMod as I have already been working on it for 6 months,

so I guess i needed a breather.

So place your votes, I want at least 20+ votes for this to happen.

If anyone else has suggestions, feedback and or ideas on this then post your reply, and I will get back to you.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Ok guys, poll is posted on my website link in my sig.

News updated as well.

Any other thoughts, questions, ideas, feedback then let me know.

Gentlemen,

As per my title I will need more votes on my website poll for this:

http://warmod.webs.com/poll.htm

before I can consider doing this but the following feedback to the questions below might might just do away with the poll

if I can get these questions answered and or feedback into this.

COWarMod ACE Compatible Open beta Project

Put the idea is to have an open beta, we are testing COWarMod with the latest ACE version, the basic ACE core pack not

all the other packs but the basic one that is required for all the others to work.

The idea in general is to use the thread here to provide feedback on tests that myself and the players/fans themselves are doing.

Overall the feedback from each person if anyone wish's to include themselves will help/build the Ace compatible version.

The feedback is basically reports of errors, crashes, freezes, RPT reports, and basically performance ingame in terms

of mods working like their supposed to ect,.

When we discover a bug (mod) or an issue that prevents something else from working then we will create a list of

such bugs and go from there.

I would like the reports to be systematic, not a clusterf**k of paragraphs and then the addon/mod as the culrpit,

i personally like a quoted report that lists or titles a mod in questions and what has been found ect,.

Direct and to the point!

1. Question:

What will be required in this project?

COWarMod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14699

&

Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12155

2. Question:

Considering COWarMod is a customization compilation mod, everyone will not be playing the same game as everyone else,

so how will this work when everyone has a different setup?

This is a very good question, and I will need some feedback on this, but I have 2 ideas for this-

one have the full version of the mod (not customized), and test that way.

two have each person's own customized version and then submit their list of files they are using.

These are both ideas and I would like to get some feedback on this if it were possible.

note on this is It might be best to just test with the full version as once we discover those addons/mods

in COWarMod that cause or have trouble with ACE then I plan on releasing a downloadable stabilized (once we get it stable and playable)

version on Armaholic basically an ACE compatible version w/readmes and such included.

I personally will be using a new copy of COWarMod and not my customized setup for my personal game, as I do not play with ACE,

but if I wish to then I would have a version, however if it were to come down to a few mods that just needs to be removed

then I can always return them when i dont play with ACE.

Another note:

If it does just come down to a few mods then really whats the sense On making a whole new version, just remove the

following to make your COWarMod ACE compatible, which might be easier.

3. Question:

Testers. We will need ACE/COWarMod fans that would be interested in helping in this project, project will take as

long as it takes to discover and or get to a stable version, the more folks in it testing and more feedback the faster it will be done obviously.

What I'd like to do is create a list of those that would be interested in helping or being part of this project, so if you wish and have ideas,

and or feedback on the questions and wish to be part of the project then give your feedback and then say you wish to be part of the project.

This I may note will be some commitment, as it can take a little time or a long time, all depends.

So if you can and are interested then post your feedback and let me know you want to be in the project,

if we get enough people then I can close the poll on my site and we can get started.

Your thoughts.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

No one wants an ACE open beta of COWarMod, or what?

Hi Günter

I would be interested in helping with this. Don't play with ACE a lot, but it would be fun to see how the gameplay changes with both COWARMOD & ACE. Also, it's a way of giving back to a great community :)

I don't run the full COWARMOD, so option 2 is my preference. I would use essentially a Drunkard's Walk approach, which can speed things up considerably.

BR

Orcius

Thanks for your reply Orcinus.

I'd like to some more folks in on this if interested, ideally running the full mod with Ace would be ideal but as I said if everyone is

going to give their feedback with their existing setup then they would need to submit a list of what their running just the pbos.

From there i can get an idea of what can be run.

What are your thoughts or anyone for that matter interested in this on me creating an COWarMod ACE Compatible Open beta Project WIP thread in the

ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION section?

Maybe it get some attention from other COWarMod fans, and have a fresh thread with its focus specific on the ACE compatible version.

Im sure theres some folks already that got the mod to work with ACE and their insights of what they found would be invaluable.

The main thing is that I have to take a full version of COWarMod, and then make it compatible with ACE,

so we are really just trying to discover those files that would be prevent mods in COWarMod and ACE from working like they should.

Let me know.

I will create a list of those fans that are going to be in on the beta, as I will give you credits in the readme of the

mod as well as on my website and release thread when the version is ready.

so far we got:

Beta testers for the

-Orcinus

Hunter: any luck in lowering the crazy-high accuracy of the AI ?

Domokun I believe you were referring the question to me?

Actually I haven't been working on the AI Accuracy, as it dont bother me, i have done several things as those i had reported when i was working on it.

1. adjust your game profile for the difficulty settings

2. make an adjustment in the stealth and infantry recognition skills (works for me)

3.remove Zeus AI

4.remove ASR_rearming

see if those help, any more questions let me know.

==================================================

Gentlemen I have another update which i will be releasing a full updated version of COWarMod to Armaholic sometime this month,

when I get time for it, as upload time for me takes a bit so it might be over a weekend, but anyways I wont be making a patch as

all the exisitng CoWarmod users/players just need to remove files accordingly.

Heres what I got:

Remove this file:

gdtmod_steerable_parachute

this will basically fix the parachute problem, when you use this file and you parachute, and or do a halo and then parachute, the screen clips in and out and makes it choppy, so removing it obviously would fix that.

Updated LOGO

Also I will upload it for wednesday the 13th, an updated logos on the game menu, this logo I give GROM64 credit too for fixing this for me.

what this update is is the update logo the black background is removed, making the logo and or image apeer to sit on the background as before it had a black box behind it, looks pretty cool, looks like this:

2371615370100938045S600x600Q85.jpg

you can see the logo top right and the bottem left.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

COWarMod Menu LOGOS UPDATE - DOWNLOAD -

Ok guys i was able to get to it, heres the updated warmod logos for the menu, like in the pic above, small file:

LINK:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QOE3V7A1

When you extract the ZIP you will have 2 files

1 file is a WarMod_Loading.pbo

the other is a PAA file

put the pbo that says WarMod Loading.pbo into your @COWarMod addons folder, just overwrite the existing one.

then the paa file will go into the @COWarMod folder.

there is an existing Paa file there just add the new one and all is good.

Any questions let me know.

Sounds interesting. I'd like to help out.

I don't use ACE unless it's required, so I'll go back and dig up some missions and give it a good testing..

KK

If you do get enough votes to start COWarAce then I think it would be best to start a new WIP thread in the Mod discussion section. That way those who are not interested in ace will not have to deal with it.

I will be more than willing to help test this. I already know of a few problems that occur while running with ace, and what I deleted to fix it.

Thanks for your replies, and your interest in the project, this is something alot of you that enjoy ACE have wanted.

Sorry I had quit it before, i think i was just rather burnt out, and had lost some interest in doing more work on the mod.

Anyways Here is the updated list of all those that are interested and are going to participate in the open beta testing:

Beta testers for the

-Orcinus

-Kommiekat

-Angus S

-lo0se

-Col

========================

I'm going to give this til Sunday to see if we can get more interested fans and or players of COWarMod that would be

interested in helping out and giving their feedback for the ACE version.

===============================

question

Did anyone download the logo update and apply it? and Do you see the changes on the menu? I just want to confirm that

everything is working like it should, basically what it looks like int he picture in my previous post.

==================================

COWarMod ACE Compatible Open beta Project Info

Few points I would like to make for this project so every one involved understands how this will go, more info will be added to this in the new thread.

Requirements for this project:

1. You will need COWarMod, with the latest update:

Remove the following files from your COWarMod addons folder:

-asr_weaponreplacements

-extended_eventhandlers

-sam_handsignals

-radio_streamlined_a2_only

-radio_streamlined_identify_a2_only

-tgw_strykerfix

-notepad file that is titled addon

-gdtmod_steerable_parachute

2. You will need the Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core

(Version: 1.11.0.494) only

=======================

General idea on how this will be conducted:

Start and General

1. We will start the game with COWarMod + ACE2 and basically see what errors, RPT reports,

ect we get, play aroud with the game and see what resposne you get, then report your findings errors, whatever.

Systematic Feature Testing

2. What this is, we will be testing the features of ACE seen here:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Features

I will post a feature needed to be tested and or a few and then everyone will test, and then give their feedback.

There will be however some if not a few or more features in ACE that will not be tested as their may already be some

things in COWarMod that ACE already has so apon discovering them, they will be lsited, and the addons/mods in COWarMod

that have the same features as ACE will be removed. Understand, I can probably give you a quick run down of these features

off the top of my head, but will wait til we get the project thread up for it.

There are other aspects, ways I test the mod and i will go into detail when the thread for the project is up, and thank

you Lo0se for giving me a heads up on the importance of a new thread.:thumbsup:

If you do get enough votes to start COWarAce then I think it would be best to start a new WIP thread in the

Mod discussion section. That way those who are not interested in ace will not have to deal with it.

I will be creating a new thread, I had this in mind, but really wanted to get your guy's thoughts on it.

So for now get what you guys need to download, ACE, and COWarMod, update your CoWarMods, and then when Sunday

rolls around I will create a thread for the project, i will link it here.

All your names will be listed on the thread as beta testers, if anyone else wants to join in you can, I'm not making this

a "special" thing its really just getting enough feedback and testing so that we can accelerate the compatibility building process.

===========================

I'm interested in the COwar-ACE mod!

Thanks for your support, I added you to the list.

Any questions in general, about mod, website, whatever, more guys want to join the list then by all means.

thanks for your support.

For those who dont visit the website or keep up on WarMod trends, lol

From my website news:

WarMod News/Sept 18th

Posted on September 18, 2011 at 1:25 AM

COWarMod Patch v 1.1

Ok guys i spent my entire Saturday putting this patch together, finding, compiling, and creating readmes and updates, ect,.

adding stuff, and testing. Currently as of 12:30am I am uploading the Patch, will be ready for Sunday sometime during

the day all depends on the speed of Armaholic.

COWarMod Full version 1.1

This is the Latest COWarMod with the patch applied, all the bugs, errors, and issues reported removed, i had done many tests on

this version and the game is stable and error message free, no glitches, freezes, or crashes, and the performance is good.

Currently uploading this as of 12:30am, hopefully I will have this submitted to Armaholic by Sunday afternoon. full version

may release late sunday or at least monday for sure, this uploading takes time, and I have to upload the mod in 2 parts as

its 1.4 gigs in full size.

When Armaholic gets it they will be able to compress the file so it will be a 650 or so mb download.

==========================

WarMod News/Sept 17th

Posted on September 17, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Few things going on for WarMod this weekend:

COWarMod Patch

Working on a Patch for COWarMod which will have updates, fixes, and some additions, this will bring the current

COWarMod version v 1.0 to 1.1

COWarMod Full Version update with Patch applied

I will also be putting together and updated version of the Full version of COWarMod with the patch applied, so that new

folks or anyone needing to redownload the mod will at least have an updated version.

COWarMod ACE Compatible Open Beta Project

This project will start Sunday possibly late, a new thread will be created in the addons & Mods WIP discussion section

of BIS forums which will be used for the project.

Beta Testers for the COWarMod ACE Comaptible Open Beta Project

We have the following COWarMod fans that will be helping with beta testing:

Orcinus

Kommiekat

Angus S

lo0se

Col

These are fans of the mod that have volunteered to help out.

If anybody is interested in joining in on the project and feel they know ACE fairly well, and or play with ACE regualry,

and with COWarMod then please let me know on the COWarMod release thread, and i will add you to the list.

The beta testers listed are really just guys that i can count on to provide their feedback for the project, if any body

isn't really interested in being a tester but wants to just give their feedback when they can then thats fine too, I will

post the link to the new thread when I set it up , or you can catch it on BIS forums when its up.

Thread will be up on Sunday the 18th, and if its late then no alter then Monday the 19th.

Any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

For those who dont visit the website or keep up on WarMod trends, lol

COWarMod ACE Compatible Open Beta Project

This project will start Sunday possibly late, a new thread will be created in the addons & Mods WIP discussion section

of BIS forums which will be used for the project.

Beta Testers for the COWarMod ACE Comaptible Open Beta Project

We have the following COWarMod fans that will be helping with beta testing:

Orcinus

Kommiekat

Angus S

lo0se

Col

These are fans of the mod that have volunteered to help out.

<snip>

Any questions, dont hesitate to ask.

Hi Günter

Thanks for the continued efforts!

A few points/queries:

• Given the frequency of updates to ACE - there have been two ACE for OA 1.12RC releases in the last few days - I think we have to agree which version to use & then stick with that til the testing is complete. Want to decide which we should use? Currently I have build 494 (2011-07-08) installed, which isn't even the last stable release of 1.11 (that was posted 5 days later).
  • CBA has also just been updated to build 166 (downloading now). I suggest we also agree to use a common version for the tests.
  • Might it also be a good idea to have one or two missions in common amongst the testers? - we should all get the same results unless there are systemic issues.

Cheers

Orcinus

Hi Orcinus

Good points, glad your thinking

Might it also be a good idea to have one or two missions in common amongst the testers? - we should all get the same results unless there are systemic issues.

I already use several missions for testing with COWarMod, I can post, and we can either use

those or we can have a general setup, like a procedure for a mission.

Given the frequency of updates to ACE - there have been two ACE for OA 1.12RC releases in the last few days - I think we have to agree which version to use & then stick with that til the testing is complete. Want to decide which we should use? Currently I have build 494 (2011-07-08) installed, which isn't even the last stable release of 1.11 (that was posted 5 days later).

as for the build I have the 494 as you do, I suggest we stick with that one,a dn then if the ACE team releases a newer version then

we can update and continue to test from there.

COWarMod FULL 1.1

As of right now I have my latest patch for COWarMod , and updated Full version for the mod, and I suggest those whom are going

to test that to be accurate with out tests that you run the full new version of COWarMod.

Once after many tests and finding the mod to be fairly stable then customize your versions of COWarMod to how you

like to play and then what you can do is for each tester submit a screen shot or list of all the files you are running,

then we can compare notes and go from there.

The only real thing i can see not working with COWarMod and ACE from my experience are a couple of mods that refuse

to work or have some altered action as their may be some mods in COWarMod that basically are doing some things as in ACE,

this is really the only thing I can see happening.

Before I had tested ACE with COWarMod and found a couple of mods not working, but otherwise it was stable, now that was with the core,

not with the core ACE mod and then all the extra stuff as in units and such.

I will create a new COWarMod ACE Compatible Open Beta Thread once I get done with my submission

of the patch and Full version, so it will be tonight.

CBA has also just been updated to build 166 (downloading now). I suggest we also agree to use a common version for the tests.

Most definitel! and required anyways, you have a link?, if not I'll find it.

Any other questions, thoughts, ideas, or even insights into what i had said here or in general then post your replies.

Edited by Gnter Severloh