Thats better detail, try to have that in your questions the next time you ask, but the type of missions I build are really

open ended objective type missions, and really only mp these my buddy and i play quite a bit on our server, i have several

other missions where there are no objectives but to just pick up a gun of your choice and find the enemy and take them out,

it more fun oriented, there is respawn.

If you want to try what i have they are MP only, I can convert them to sp but then you would have to save

constantly unless your skills are decent, up to you.

The editor really isn't hard at all for basic stuff, jsut open the editor up, pick and island, double click somewhere

on the island, save, hit preview and your ingame.

Not sure if i'd go down the path of having missions for warmod, because I really only make a few types, they do take

some work to them to build, but again if you want to try one and see what you think then let me know, I will post a link to download.

Is it possible to make cowarmod say a2warmod, just remove co and add a2, and

then another one that says warmod just by removing the co but have one on a black background?

I'll find some tutorial online and look into it, during the weekend maybe.

the loading screen with the black background can you make that like the logo,

i mean remove the tail and the thing by the mouth but leave the rest?

Loading screen and big logo are the same, aren't they ?

They come from the same file, iirc.

I found this really cool plugin, for file manager that I use: Total Commander.

It let's me look into .pbo and .bin really quickly, and

together with BI Tools 2.5.1 makes it so much easier to determine what's inside.

Plugin description inside

The ofppbo pluggin's control completelly depends on the Total Commander©'s user interface,

that means its the same as for all other packer pluggins. Therefor I describe here only the basic UI actions :

Opening PBO file : double-click a PBO file or press Enter key while the file pointer is on the PBO file.

Extracion from PBO file : press F5 key (Copy) or drag and drop an archived file from one TC pane to the second one where the target folder should be opened.

Creating a new PBO file : right-click the file you want to archive. From the context menu, that appears, select the "Pack files" item.

In the "Pack files" window select the ".pbo" packer from the combo box than click OK button.

The key shortcut for this operation is Alt+F5.

Add a file to an existing PBO archive : open an existing PBO archive in one TC pane.

From the second pane copy the desired file to the PBO archive using F5 or drag and drop operation.

Decoding and displaying BIN file (or encoded SQM, FPS, CFG etc.) :

OFP BIN file (or any other OFP encoded file) can be displayed by pressing Ctrl+PgDown key combination.

While doing this the BIN file is automatically decoded to CPP.

Note: The BIN file must have the OFP signature (there are other BIN files than only OFP BINs).

When a CPP file is adding to an existing archive no encoding is made (the CPP file is not converted to its BINary representation).

Date and time of extracted files : when a file is extracted from a PBO archive it is saved with the current date and time rather than with the date and time stored in the archive.

This approach has been chosen to keep better lucidity between extracted and archived files. The user can better monitor changes made to the extracted files since they have been extracted.

Note : Some PBO archivers, such as StuffPBO, don't save the date and time (it's an error, even when the archiver's signature is appended to the end of an archive). In such a case files in the archive are shown with the time the archive has been opened.

I'll find some tutorial online and look into it, during the weekend maybe.

I could just have my buddy do it as it is his work, you already have done quite a bit and I am much in appreciation for it.

Loading screen and big logo are the same, aren't they ?

They come from the same file, iirc.

Yes they are except one has the background removed for the logo and the other doesn't.

I found this really cool plugin, for file manager that I use: Total Commander.

It let's me look into .pbo and .bin really quickly, and

together with BI Tools 2.5.1 makes it so much easier to determine what's inside.

Sounds cool, but why you telling me this?

Edited by Günter Severloh

I could just have my buddy do it as it is his work,

Yeah, i thought he was gifted, but then i found this.

Sounds cool, but why you telling me this?

Oh, I thought it could help you putting your mod together, nvm then.

Edited by GROM64

I installed this mod and found that the AI suddenly became expert snipers. So I'm wondering which of the pbos influences AI accuracy? SLX_AISkill? SLX_AI_SpawnSkill?

Also, how come this mod includes 4/8 pbos described as buggy, e.g. slx_suppression_effects, slx_shoteffects, slx_netcode and slx_tankhatches.

Shouldn't they be disabled as per SLX Bug List?

Also, I think it would be really great if this mod released in 2 flavours: Complete Edition and Lite Version. The Complete Edition would represent its current form, whereas the Lite Version would only include mods the have little or no impact on official campaigns, e.g. Fire&Smoke, most of GTD mods, most of the PvP tweaks, etc. I appreciate that the AI enhancements are an improvement for most of us but they also skew or even break many official and non-official missions.

Edited by domokun

can get permission from ADO GMC? for Boussole Silva compass mod, is better performance (lesser map texture)

and what about deployed bipod script?

Manually do what, JTD works on its own there nothing for you to do, tweak the usercofig if you wish.

Just to clear up what Kommiekat was talking about: he was referring to JTD Flies which is a seperate addon to F&S, it just adds flies to dead bodies to make it easier for players to find dead bodies.

Edited by DMarkwick

Dam internet, I was on this morning after work to reply to you guys but my internet cut out on me, heres my reply, sorry about the delay.

Yeah, i thought he was gifted, but then i found this.

No, I took that pic and we changed it, it was a fitting picture for the mod, I was looking for a pic that had a skull, and that had

something to do with special forces, and of all the ones i looked at that was the one that jumped out at me, my buddy just edited it,

took us about 5 hrs going over ideas, and several designs for background ect,.

Oh, I thought it could help you putting your mod together, nvm then.

Dont take it personally, I already have programs and stuff I use, I appreciate the offer, but unless I ask for it please dont go

digging up stuff, only thing I really need from others is their feedback and ideas, if someone think they can help by fixing, or making

something then by all means. Again i do appreciate the suggestion and i will keep it in mind for future uses.

I installed this mod and found that the AI suddenly became expert snipers. So I'm wondering which of the

pbos influences AI accuracy? SLX_AISkill? SLX_AI_SpawnSkill?

Adjust the Sniper numbers in userconfig under Infantry stealth recognition:

//Defines USMC Soldiers - Snipers (.5), Spotters (.5), Marksmen (1.0) and scouts (.75) - ***(##) DEFINES VANILLA CAMO RATING FOR THAT UNIT***
#define __USSN_audible  	.01;//.01  defines how load a unit is - higher number is louder.
#define __USSN_camouflage  	.2;//.2   defines how easy the unit is to spot - higher number results in unit being easier to spot  
#define __USSN_sensitivity  	3;//3  defines sensor sensitivity - how well and how far unit senses other units - higher is more sensitive
#define __USSN_sensitivityEar  	[b].5;//.5 [/b] defines how well can the given unit hear others - the bigger the value the better the hearing

Make what i bolded a smaller number, but you would have to go through the list and change them all.

Also as noted in the readme AI mods in COWarMod:

SLX_AISkill: Changes AI skills for more variable accuracy and faster more aware AI.

Removed do to Zeus AI does close the same thing but better

Also try without Zeus.

Also, how come this mod includes 4/8 pbos described as buggy, e.g. slx_suppression_effects, slx_shoteffects,

slx_netcode and slx_tankhatches.

Shouldn't they be disabled as per SLX Bug List?

Did you not already ask this and I had already answered this?

Because in certain combinations I got these to work. I found that by itself SLX does what its supposed to, and respond as

it does thats why the bug list was created, bug list is mostly a reference for those who are using SLX alone, in COWarMod

it is another reference and there are some things that still apply, but as i said, i had found a combination of SLX files, and other mods

in COWarMod that allows SLX to run with issues as before, and besides i had edited quite few of the files too,as I was getting dependancy issues with SLX.

Run COWarMod alone, not with ACE as everyone thinks its compatible with it and you will see it runs fine.

Also in the SLX folder a bug list is in there, refer to that. read the readmes. Trust me 6 months of testing you learn something,

i got this to work, if it didn't work then everyone would be complaining, my game is crashing, my game is freezing, blah, blah, if it

were doing it on me then why would i release it. Why would I release what i have spent 6 months building and testing

if i didn't think the mod was stable.

Trust my Judgemnt, I've built 3 versions, time total on the warmod series...roughly 14 months.

if you find something not right, or wrong, or a problem then great, let me know.

Also, I think it would be really great if this mod released in 2 flavors: Complete Edition and Lite Version. The Complete

Edition would represent its current form, whereas the Lite Version would only include mods the have little or no impact on official

campaigns, e.g. Fire&Smoke, most of GTD mods, most of the PvP tweaks, etc. I appreciate that the AI enhancements are an

improvement for most of us but they also skew or even break many official and non-official missions.

Sounds like a great idea, but i dont personally play the campaigns so I really wouldn't know whats going on with them.

If you or whoever else wouldn't mind listing all the things that happen when your playing, maybe we could gather a list of the

possible addons and mods that make the campaigns not run like their supposed too and we can go from there.

I really dont need to make 2 new versions, upload them , ect,. Just make a list, we can figure out what causes the issues

and then we can refer players who like the campaigns and then they can remove the files according to their needs and gameplay style.

can get permission from ADO GMC? for Boussole Silva compass mod, is better performance (lesser map texture)

and what about deployed bipod script?

Please use Complete sentences not 100% sure on what your asking.

Adjust the Sniper numbers in userconfig under Infantry stealth recognition:

Make what i bolded a smaller number, but you would have to go through the list and change them all.

Thanks but if I understand correctly those values affect AI stealth & recognition, NOT accuracy.

Also as noted in the readme AI mods in COWarMod:

Thanks but I RTFM and the only mention of mods influencing AI accuracy seem to be Robalo's ASR and Zeus AI

Also try without Zeus.

We weren't using Zeus

Did you not already ask this and I had already answered this?

I did already ask this but got an unclear answer. Your new answer is much clearer. I thank you.

Run COWarMod alone, not with ACE as everyone thinks its compatible with it and you will see it runs fine.

I'm well aware of ACE's incompatibility with WarModCO as well as other mods. That's why we don't run ACE.

Trust me 6 months of testing you learn something,

I'm sure you did. So may I ask why you chose to disable these 3 pbos from SLX? i.e. what do they do wrong?

slx_anim_idle

slx_anim_injured

slx_animals

slx_birds

I'm asking because according to their description in the readme (see I do read them, ALL of them) they sound quite useful.

if i didn't think the mod was stable.

Never said it was unstable. Just wondering which part is adversely influencing the accuracy of enemies.

Please use Complete sentences not 100% sure on what your asking.

I think he means "Did you get permission from the modder ADO GMC to use his Silva Compass mod as it offers better performance? Also do you have a deployed bipod mod?" Although I quite agree that incomplete sentences only increase ambiguity and confusion.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Just to clear up what Kommiekat was talking about: he was referring to JTD Flies which is a seperate addon to F&S, it just adds flies to dead bodies to make it easier for players to find dead bodies.

And hear dead bodies ;) i.e. the flies buzzing. The other day I was looking for a hostile we'd tagged from several hundred metres away. And as I approached the rough area I could hear the flies before I saw the body. It scared the pants off me! Honestly mate its a top notch mod - small and efficient. It really adds to the atmosphere.

BTW did you ever get anywhere with that fog mod of yours? Or the one that offered breath frosting in cold air? That combined with the glowing cigarette butt (from the upcoming release for i44) would be AWESOME!

Thanks but if I understand correctly those values affect AI stealth & recognition, NOT accuracy.

Stealth recognition effect the sniper's ability to see and hear you to certain depths, if you set the thing to 0 they wont see you at all.

Thanks but I RTFM and the only mention of mods influencing AI accuracy seem to be Robalo's ASR and Zeus AI

Then remove them.

I'm sure you did. So may I ask why you chose to disable these 3 pbos from SLX? i.e. what do they do wrong?

slx_anim_idle

slx_anim_injured

slx_animals

slx_birds

I'm asking because according to their description in the readme (see I do read them, ALL of them) they sound quite useful

There not disabled they are simply not in the mod, they are optional files you can add if you wish, that folder SLX not in CoWarMod

is an options folder, liek the folders for PVpscene tweaks, and trumods are all option folders, you can add those, that is why i had

inlcuded the files, so if you wish to add them you can. There not in the mod to begin with as the intention was to come out with a

flat version without all the bells and whistle of other stuff.

I think he means "Did you get permission from the modder ADO GMC to use his Silva Compass mod as it offers better performance?

Also do you have a deployed bipod mod?"

If that is what hes asking the silva compass mod is not in CoWarMod, what you may be looking at if you are is from Defunks

ImprovedSizeOfCompassAndGPS f it adds better performance then add it.

Deployed bipods mod, never heard of it.

Every addon and mod I have permissions for refer to A2WarMod, and COWarMod permissions readmes on my website:

A2WarMod-->http://warmod.webs.com/permissionsarma2.htm

COWarMod-->http://warmod.webs.com/permissionsarma2co.htm

I am using the latest version of CBA and COWarMod and I am getting this error:

"CBA requires the latest version of Extend_Eventhandler(@XEH)......."

Do I need to download XEH too ?

No other addons used.

Thanks for explaining.

Hello Pauliesss,

The error your getting is because of a file in COWarMod that needs to be removed, it is conflicting with CBA,

and by mistake I put the file in there thinking the mod that that file goes to needs it, I found out otherwise, but

Go into the @COWarMod addons folder, find this file:

extended_eventhandlers

and delete it.

Also alot of questions have been asked before, refer to the Questions and Answers Faq on my website for CoWarMod:

http://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/

If theres any questions outside of those, then dont hesitate to ask here, I usally will anwer when i can.

Any other questions, thoughts, feedback, even ideas let me know.

"include file x\cba\addons\strings\script_strings.hpp not found"

Im getting this message when I try to run Arma.

I use Arma2 launcher for easier mod management.

Any Idea what can cause this?

Your missing CBA files, i suggest reinstalling CBA, and make sure you have the latest version of it.

Hi Gunter. I just bought OA and you were right. I was missing a lot. The engine in OA is much better and indeed Chernarus & Utes looks better, specially the lighting that emanates from the street lighposts. In vanilla Arma 2 you always had ugly gradients in the lights. I added SLX_birds to the game but it appears that it doesn't work with OA. You can hear the birds fleeing but you can't see them. Oh well, its a minor thing. I will let you know if I experience other things. Thanks.

I added SLX_birds to the game but it appears that it doesn't work with OA. You can hear the birds fleeing but you can't see them.

Birds you hearing are from JTD fire and smoke, and those you can see if you look among the trees.

Go to the userconfig in your arma2 directory, and there will be a folder that says JTD, inside it a HPP file, open it up,

it opens with notepad, and look for this line:

//Birds enable - true = enable birds, false = disable birds

#define JTD_BirdsEnable true

by default it should say true at the end, if so look for groups of birds when you fire your gun that will flyup and a way,

try it on utes, you'll see them you just have to look.

Also note that if you have any questions for COWarMod alot of them already have been answered, so if some do come up refer to

my Questions and Answers faq on my website seen here for COWarMod:

http://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/

Also I had posted a new poll lsat night, I'd like to get some feedback, which will help me improve the functionality of the site

in terms of how folks find what their looking for about warmod.

I check the website statistics almost regularly which tells me who comes on the site where their from, what they have searched,

what site or forum they came from, ect,. I see alot of searches for things that is giving me the impression that some folks cant

seem to find what their looking for, most can, but there is a small handful.

So place your vote on that poll when you get the chance, or even just look over the website and

give me some feedback on how I can improve it.

Any questions, thoughts, ideas, feedback let me know.

Birds you hearing are from JTD fire and smoke,

Interesting. It never crossed my mind that JTD Fire & Smoke had anything to do with birds. Does that do the same thing as SLX_Birds?

TBH I dont know, I never used SLX_birds, as JTD always had them, you wont need the SLX_birds if your using JTD,

although you could just make the hpp say false, and try the SLX_Birds.

although you could just make the hpp say false, and try the SLX_Birds.

I will try that. If it doesn't work I'll stick with JTD and get rid of SLX_birds. Thanks.

Ya when you hear birds, mostly when shots are fired or when you walk into an area, look around and in the air,

as sometimes you can see a small flock of them on the ground, and then thy will take off when you startle them, they usually fly in groups.

I tried disabling JTD bird code and enable SLX_birds and no go. In fact, I tried another very similar mod that has the fleeing birds when disturb call "Xam_environment" which has a lot of nice ambient sounds like crickets, owls cats and other natural sounds. I can hear all of those sounds except, you guess it, the birds fleeing away when you disturb them. They do work with vanilla Arma 2. As for JTD birds I tried it without any other "bird" sound mod. I think I saw them flying away in a flock. The reason why I say, " I think" is because it doesn't happen randomly, it seems, when you shoot your gun or get close to the bushes like in Xam_environment or SLX. No matter where I shoot and in whatever time they don't get disturb it seems. Oh well, enough about this. I think is silly if i go any further. Is not like these damn birds are going to help me win the battle or drop me a medic pack from the skies. Thanks Gunter for your wonderful compilation mod. I read all the comments in this thread and in the other. Some people just don't get it. If you don't like some particular mods in this compilation, then remove it. Like me, I have deselected some mods not because they are bad but because either I'm not ready for them or simply because they don't suit my playing style.

Edited by Lorca

Hey man thats cool, much appreciated too, glad you are informing yourself, but your right about the birds,

its more for ambience and atmosphere then anything.

I also know about Xam environment, use it myself in a little compilation sound mod i made that my buddy and I use when we play.

WarMod News

WarMod is going to 6 Updater

Ok guys I had downloaded Six Updater, and am currently checking it out, reading the 6 updater documentation page to better

inform myself on how it all works, if anyone who uses 6 updater maybe could give me a run down on basically how I would add

COWarMod even A2WarMod to the updater that would be much appreciated, but all the while I will keep reading.

I would have done this sooner but we had really hot weather here, work was chaotic, and I was tired with no motivation to do much,

now the weekend is here and I have the energy im going to see what I can get going.

Other news:

I had updated various aspects of the website: http://warmod.webs.com/

setup the forums again, and had added an interview McLupo from Arma2base.de had done with me

last weekend in the CoWarMod part of the forums.

Any questions, thoughts, feedback let me know.

hi i m fan SLX mod,mm there is some redundant slx pbo:

slx_radar.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

slx_anim_at_lying.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

slx_rpg7.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

slx_anim_binocularmove.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

slx_helicopter_ai_fix.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

slx_bis_bc_fix.pbo (@lantex include so why this?)

slx_dialogue.pbo (outdated and are include radio dicipline and others)

slx_lights.pbo (outdated no sure but no diference for me)

slx_modweapons_3d_optics.pbo (outdated, BIS patched)

others pbos can remove for more stable(no frezee)in standalone with rh weapons and others mods:

slx_netcode.pbo (freeze game)

slx_shout.pbo (i m dying so shut the fuk up!!)

SLX_Suppression_Effects (Dependencies: SLX_NetCode)

slx_shoteffects.pbo (Dependencies: SLX_NetCode)

slx_uav.pbo (no needed)

slx_sincgars.pbo (no needed)

slx_tankhatches.pbo (if order disembark then get out ,after get in.confusing screens)

slx_anim_steeplying.pbo (no needed you have smk to walk for everything)

slx_anim_pistolcivil.pbo (no needed, push ctrl key twice)

slx_actions.pbo (useless for me in silgeplayer but optionals)

slx_ai_xxxx (all AI removed,,village sweep mission never end)

slx_modweapons_sound_xxxx (removed if use other sounds mod ) (im only use impacts)

Hi PFC Magician,

Thanks for your feedback on the SLX aspect of the mod.

Keep in mind that not everyone plays with the same combination of mods as everyone else.

There may be a few things I could remove from the mod completely, as you said there are some things not needed as they are inlcuded in other mods.

I will reply to your responses based on your list, and I will create a new list for which I could possibly apply to the next patch for COWarMod when its ready:

slx_anim_at_lying.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

slx_rpg7.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

slx_anim_binocularmove.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

slx_helicopter_ai_fix.pbo (include in other cowarmod)

I really have no idea on what you mean by (include in other cowarmod)

slx_bis_bc_fix.pbo (@lantex include so why this?)

This is what it does:

SLX_BIS_BC_Fix: Replaces BIS Battlefield Clearance module to fix the .fsms that call the animations too much and slow A2 down.

Dependencies: None.

slx_dialogue.pbo (outdated and are include radio dicipline and others)

works fine on my end, and no other mods like radio discipline dont do the same thing, the AI say different stuff, remove it from

your game for your own fix if you feel it dont belong there.

slx_lights.pbo (outdated no sure but no diference for me)

This is what it does:

SLX_Lights: Street lights and vehicle lights with more correct angles and fades. Won't replace sakulightfx if it's also installed.

But I probably could remove this as soemthing like this is not really noticable, unlike the other mod that does which is Sakura chans lights,

so i will remove this file for next patch.

slx_modweapons_3d_optics.pbo (outdated, BIS patched)

Good to know, and will remove for next patch

slx_netcode.pbo (freeze game)

Does it actually freeze your game or are you hypothisizing, as i had tested this with SLX alone, and with alot of various addons and mods alone and together in COWarMod, and it dont effect my game on my end, if you feel,a nd it may freeze your game then remove it. But please note that in COWarMod download I do have a folder labled tweaks and mods, inside that is a folder that says SLX, inside that folder are readmes of what in CoWarMod, whats not in, a readme of all the SLX files and what they do, as well as an SLX bug List.

Please keep in mind that COWarMod like my other 2 versions of WarMod in the series are all customizable Compilation mods, you can remove addons and mods that fit your style of gameplay.

slx_shout.pbo (i m dying so shut the fuk up!!)

What is it you want me to do here? what are you reporting that your frustrated over a file that you can remove yourself.

SLX_Suppression_Effects (Dependencies: SLX_NetCode)

slx_shoteffects.pbo (Dependencies: SLX_NetCode)

yes of course they are dependant, what you want me to do about it, remove it from your game if they give you trouble.

slx_uav.pbo (no needed)

slx_sincgars.pbo (no needed)

Then remove it from your game

slx_tankhatches.pbo (if order disembark then get out ,after get in.confusing screens)

I never had an issue and Im not 100% sure on what your experiencing in your game.

slx_anim_steeplying.pbo (no needed you have smk to walk for everything)

Again I dont use SMK when i play and Im sure some other maybe do not either, I could remove this however for the next patch

as maybe the majority of users would use SMK animation system.

slx_anim_pistolcivil.pbo (no needed, push ctrl key twice)

and that does what? My control key reloads my weapon, so what default control is the control key that you would push it twice to accomplish what?

slx_actions.pbo (useless for me in singleplayer but optionals)

Yes suppose we can keep this as optional.

slx_ai_xxxx (all AI removed,,village sweep mission never end)

So removing this allows that particular mission to end is what your telling me?

slx_modweapons_sound_xxxx (removed if use other sounds mod ) (im only use impacts)

I use 4 sound mods in one and I get no issues with this.

Edited by Gnter Severloh