thanks.....

one more quick question.. ive gone with coslx as i think that works better with the official campaigns... but ive noticed that FPS drops with both mods (cowar and coslx) what files could be dropping the fps... ?

I did just run zeus and dap man, and i had a really good fps, but dapman wasnt auto healing my troops.. where your wounds mod actually works.. and also with coslx the scripts and triggers in story mode work..

cheers again for your ongoing support i know you have ceased development in this mod. i appreciate the support still :)

COSLX is already in COWarMod so atm your running it twice.

Drop in fps is usually due to added or Ai files, suggest reviewing the AI files in the mod already, and anything you have added.

cheers again for your ongoing support i know you have ceased development in this mod. i appreciate the support still

Yes your welcome, i'd like to update CoWarMod more but there is really nothing more that I know of that i can do with it in terms of adding to it or fixing something in it, plus its a motivation and inspiration thing, and of course Im doing other projects namely working on my site and an RTS mission Rydygier and myself built for Iron front we call Ragnarok, but I'm here for the fans of the mod if any questions or problems arise.

AH sorry what i meant is this...

With these installed at various times. On the same mission in harvest red.

Cowar + Zeus + CMI = around 20-30 fps

Dapman + Zeus + CMI = 30-60 fps (noticeble improvement/ dapman didnt not work vo)

Coslx + zeus + CMI = around 20-30 fps (current setup)

cmi is a control menu mod.. recommend defo.

So if there is Ai files clashing with mod and zeus, what Ai files in mod should i delete ..?

cheers

Edited by msportdan

ah ive deleted all the AI files out os coslx (apart from ai steer) and run zeus aswell, and fps gone back to arpund 30-50 again :)

clash of ai files.. is this right Gunther am I screwing the ai by deleting slx ai files only, and keeping zeus?

These are all the AI files in COSLX:

AI Files

The following files deal with the AI

SLX_AI: Replaces A2 danger.fsm to improve AI reactions.

Dependencies: SLX_FindCover

SLX_FindCover: AI utility functions for finding cover and making AI's make a course diversion then continue on to their original destination.

Dependencies: None.

SLX_Anim_AI_LowRifleMove: Makes AIs tactically lower their weapons slightly while walking for proper muzzle discipline.

SLX_AI_Diff_Armor_Balance: Make people armor not be affected by difficulty setting.

SLX_AI_Difficulties: Make skill settings reset to 1 no matter what the precision is.

Removed do to Zeus AI does close the same thing but better, as well as ASR rearming/Skill

SLX_AI_Dodge: Resource for SLX_AI and SLX_ShotEffects. Makes AIs do evasive moves towards cover.

SLX_AI_Identify: Lets AI identify obvious object types better (Something in the air is probably an aircraft, etc.), changes AI hearing ranges for vehicles (can't hear someone

sneaking up when inside a tank), changes default threat levels, helps AI spend less time firing on a target they can't hit, makes AI keep low in combat, shoot more than stay in

formation, faster aiming in CQB, calling things by more proper names, special operations people are sneakier/harder to hear, AIs reach waypoints better in vehicles, changes

the default spotability and audibility of vehicle types, makes AIs not attempt to shoot at plane pilots if they can't attack the plane.

SLX_AI_NoAutoEngage: Make AI people not suicide engage/attack on their own. Intended for use with GL3 to make AIs attack only when they should,

when they have the advantage so they don't suicide engage. Vehicles still attack on their own.

SLX_AI_SpawnSkill: Sets the skill of AIs that are spawned using createUnit command depending on their loadout, such as in warfare mode.

It appears to be an A2 bug that AIs are now created with full skill instead of .5 skill.

SLX_AI_Steering: Makes AI drive/pilot cars/helicopters/planes better with much less crashing.

SLX_AISkill: Changes AI skills for more variable accuracy and faster more aware AI.

Removed do to Zeus AI does close the same thing but better

SLX_Alpha_Teams: Makes the color coded team names in english be called by the phonetic alphabet. (red is alpha, green is bravo,

blue is charlie, yellow is delta, white is echo)

SLX_Helicopter_AI_Fix: Fixes an A2 bug. Makes helicopters that start out outside of the regular grid get moved into the grid so that the AI can work, or else

the helicopter AI just sits there and never moves or follows waypoints.

SLX_Wounds: Based on real life footage and statistics (W. E. Fairbairn, FBI, police, thehighroad.org, etc).

Dependencies: SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout, SLX_VehicleEffects (optional).

Not all of these are in COWarMod though, just read the descriptions they tell you what they do, so the files dealing specifically with AI behavior,

and some related stuff not feature stuff would be your culprit files, overall its up to you, the mod is customizable, and i leave all the info in the

readmes to make a decision of what a player likes in their game.

thanks i do understand that...

Just want to know when using outside AI mods (asr or zeus) do you need to delete the AI files in the main mod..

to clarify..

so if i use ASR (which i went back to) and to avoid conflict or corruption, i just delete the above files you mentioned. so just asr deal with ai systems.?

Last question lol

Edited by msportdan

ive just stuck this on and am impressed as i used coslx and adds many small improvements that are important.... vehicle ai tweaks mainly. Having played arma 2 lots recently finished A2 OA campaign im starting to appreciate the "more complete' mod.

But gunther, the action menu doesnt contain "unload people" so you can't empty dead people from vehicles. Can this be altered back into cowar? also agree with your anim mod read me, the lite version is less intrusive :)

cheers

@CHris that Kai looks good i dont understand why u dont release it for us SP players?

Edited by msportdan

so if i use ASR (which i went back to) and to avoid conflict or corruption, i just delete the above files you mentioned. so just asr deal with ai systems.?

Determine what the other mods you are adding do and then review the list descriptions and make sure they dont do the same thing, if not then remove them.

But gunther, the action menu doesnt contain "unload people" so you can't empty dead people from vehicles. Can this be altered back into cowar?

Should be in there already.

unfortunatly its not, i had a mission where i shot a car with injured VIP person in and i couldn't get him out, to heal him or any other bodies to use car, by the normal unload, command. (was in coslx) not in cowar.

Edited by msportdan

Make sure you have SLX_wounds.pbo as that has the unload script in it.

Ah i noticed that wasn't in cowar axons why is this, isn't that needed for fixed healing or cowar has another healing system.. If i add will that cause conflicts?

cheers G

Idk why your missing files, but on my end in the full version I have all the files and the mod works accordingly, your not using the lite version are you?

i dont recall whats in the lite version tbh, built it once and left it.

Unload only works for me if there are dead units in the vehicle even if the vehicle has 4 units and one is dead the unload will showup, if all alive it wont show.

For wounded units it wont show either.

spot on gunther realised this myself..

After a while.. unfortunate glitch from BIS.

Thanks again matey. :)

Edited by msportdan

Hi everyone,

call me dumb but I don't know how to tread the m16gl/grenadier problem well.

I followed the instruction Guenter gave us und go to X:\...\Arma2\userconfig\fnc_muzzlevelocity\ open the fnc_muzzlevelocity_weapons.hpp and what then?

I erased the first lines as stated, erased the stuff in the clamps, erased even the whole file. But nothing changed :confused:

What did I wrong? How should the fnc_muzzlevelocity_weapons.hpp exactly look like?

Did I miss a thing?

Thx for your help.

Edited by Predoc

Ok, after all, I decided to start searching.

I dropped the idea, that something in userconfig is wrong.

Starting with addons, I tested the .pbos and finally I encircled the bad guy. Everything works fine until I installed ard.pbo! After that my grenadiers get the m16a2gl again...

So far I gonna try to search trough ard.pbo again.

BTW. what does ard.pbo do? Is it the all-round-defence formation???

GOTCHA!!!!

ard/demonized/lightsoldflare.sqf

if ("custom" in _this) then

{

if (_debugMode) then {hint "found custom"; sleep 2};

_minNR=-1;

{if (str(_x)==str("custom")) exitWith {_minNR=_forEachIndex}} forEach _this;

if (_minNR!=-1) then

{

if (_debugMode) then {hint format ["String at index %1",(_minNR+1)]};

_minNR = _minNR + 1;

} else

{

if (_debugMode) then {hint "Not found"};

};

sleep 5;

_MYdisplay = _this select _minNR;

if (_debugMode) then {hint format ["%1",_MYdisplay]};

_weaponUsed = _this select _minNR;

_weaponAmmo = _this select (_minNR+1);

_gunMuzzle = _this select (_minNR+2);

} else

{

if (_side == "east") then

{

_weaponUsed = "AK_74_GL";

// _weaponUsed = _primaryWeapon;

_weaponAmmo = "30Rnd_545x39_AK";

_gunMuzzle = "GP25Muzzle";

} else

{

_weaponUsed = "M16A2GL";

// _weaponUsed = _primaryWeapon;

_weaponAmmo = "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag";

_gunMuzzle = "M203Muzzle";

};

if (_debugMode) then {Hint "guns selected"; sleep 2};

};

ok there you go that the guys get the m16a2gl ... seeems for opfor too with ak74gl

But what do do?

First of all I gonna keep ard.pbo out of the game, 'cause scripting is not my best business, but if someone has an idea to make it usable... then tell me/us

Edited by Predoc

Hey Gunter,

I am just curious which file does the whole hit where you shoot? is just isn't realistic as bullets have to fly through the air, wind,muzzle velocity,barrel length ROF, etc all come into play and manipulate projectiles, ive been using COWAR I44 version and I must say I love it other than this issue, it took away from the realism and long firefights bigtime, I want to use your mod, but I just cant with â—¾Weapon control -(hit where you shoot!). ive been searching through the files myself to get a grasp on which one it may be that does this.. but its a needle in a stack of needles.

P.S also im curious which file it is to remove, or figure out how to use, its orders of some sort I press Q to lean and he does a hold position signal and radio beeps, it really suck snot being able to tell your men to stay put and always getting out of vehicles to follow lol..

Edited by StuGJ88

Hi StugJ88, welcome to Bis forums!

Thanks for your interest in my mod, and other WarMods.

The hit where you shoot is a concept for the ballistics addons in the mod as it was to make the ballistics more realistic.

As far as the player handling tyhe weapon like weapon sway and what not, the only file in CoWarMod that is default with the mod aside the

optional customizations you can add to it is this file:

ReducedWeaponWeight_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

For the ballistics effected by the mod there is a readme I put together you can find here:

C:\Users\Gunter Severloh\Desktop\COWarMod\COWarMod Full v 1.4\@COWarMod\Documentation\FEATURES\FEATURES by SUBJECT\Ballistics, Tracers, & Zeroing

that might be more of what your after.

For your last question about pressing the lean keys and getting a radio beep, thats actually ard, by default ard has certain keys that make that feature function,

all you need to do is remap the keys or remove the addon for it.

This question has been asked many times, here is a reply to a post I made answering the same question:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121837-COWarMod-Release/page76

scroll down to post #758 is my reply.

For Ard this is what it does:

http://warmod.webs.com/ardallarounddefense.htm

Sorry about this, I was pretty tired and I did manage to figure out how to solve the problems I was having after of course I posted here.. isn't that how life is? and thank you for the response as most ppl if another post has been made which I did look for but didn't find all over google "this has been asked" and still no answer to it lol. but the answers are here now for anyone else with the same problem. For the record for some reason I don't have the ballistics readme ..

PS. I almost forgot, this is just info regarding this mod and I44. I recommend taking out the ballistics and firerate files, u can tell those files are meant for modern weapons, stock ballistics for I44 is more realistic and the firerate makes the mg42 not feel like an mg42.

For the record for some reason I don't have the ballistics readme

All documentation is in the @COWarMod folder.

The mod is customizable, its a compilation mod, you could remove the files yourself if you wanted.

As for the ballistics readme, this is whats listed:

[b]Ballistics, Tracers, & Zeroing in COWarMod[/b]
The following listing are the Ballistics, Tracers, & Zeroing mods located in the 
COWarMod addons folder

1	[b]bd_multigunfix[/b]
2	[b]bd_tracer[/b]
3	[b]bd_tunguskazeroing[/b]
4	[b]DisabledBallisticsComputer_Gameplay_C_PvPscene[/b]
5	[b]DisabledWeaponLockVehicles_Gameplay_C_PvPscene[/b]
6	[b]fnc_ballistics_infantry.pbo[/b]
7	[b]fnc_ballistics_launchers.pbo[/b]
8	[b]fnc_ballistics_vehicles.pbo[/b]
9	[b]fnc_muzzlevelocity[/b]
10	[b]glt_missilebox[/b]
11	[b]glt_missilebox_config[/b]
12	[b]glt_realairweapons[/b]
13	[b]mounted_mg_dispersion[/b]
14	[b]pistolfiedtracers[/b]
15	[b]SingleWeaponModeFirstForAK_Gameplay_C_PvPscene[/b]
16	[b]tgw_vehfixes[/b]
17	[b]tgw_zeroing[/b]
=======================
1	bd_multigunfix
Multiple Muzzles:
In ArmA 2 (prior to OA), there is no native support for multiple muzzle positions for vehicle weapons. This addon provides
a set of scripts both for existing BIS vehicles and for new addon vehicles that allows the proper simulation of multiple
muzzle/launch positions for any type of weapon.

As of Operation Arrowhead, the engine natively supports multiple muzzles (at least for bullet firing weapons), but this
addon is still compatable with those vehicles that use this new native feature, and can still be used for addons if
the native solution is not possible/preferable.

Convergence:
As of v2.0 of this addon, there is a new feature that allows weapons with multiple muzzle/launch positions to converge
on a single point at a given distance. This feature is present for ArmA 2 stand alone, but currently the range can not
be adjusted by the player. In Operation Arrowhead, this feature is tied to the native zeroing system; your rounds will
converge at the range at which you are currently zeroed. Note: some BIS vehicles that use convergence do not allow
zeroing. In this case, a fixed convergence range is used.

Those vehicles that do not currently use zeroing are the AH-6J and Tunguska, which converge by default at 400 and 500
meters respectively.

BIS Vehicles:
This addon contains a few simple scripts that fix the simulation of bullets and missiles firing from the correct places on BIS vehicles.
The following vehicles are effected:

ArmA 2 vehicles:
       - Mi-24 (all factions & varients)
       - ZU-23 (all factions)
       - Shilka (all factions)
       - Tunguska
       - Ural ZU-23 (all factions)
       - BRDM-2 ATGM (all factions)
       - Avenger HMMWV
       - BM-21 GRAD (all factions)
       - MLRS
       - Igla AA Pod
       - Stinger AA Pod
       - AH-1Z
       - AH-64
       - A-10
       - AV-8B
       - UH-1Y
       - BMP-3
       - Mi-8MTV
       - Ka-52 (both varients)
       - Su-25 (all factions & varients)
   OA Vehicles (of those not included in Arma 2):
       - M2A2 Bradley
       - M2A3 Bradley
       - M6 Linebacker
       - Mi-171Sh (CZ)
       - AH-6J
       - L-39
       - Stryker (TOW)
   BAF Vehicles:
       - Apache AH-1
       - Wildcat AH-11

All gun barrels, rocket and missile launchers are correctly simulated for these vehicles.

Addons:
In addition, this addon includes a system that allows addon makers to easily enable multiple barrels/launch positions for new vehicles using
only model and config changes and little scripting knowledge.
How to use the system for new vehicles:
1. Create a memory point with a named selection in your model for each position you want the projectiles to be fired from
2. In the vehicle's config, define a class called BD_MultiGunFix
3. In class BD_MultiGunFix, you can define any number of 'weapon groups'. A weapon group is one set of guns or launchers that when fired,
the projectiles will be distributed among all the positions defined in that group. For example, if your vehicle has 4x30mm cannons and 2 missile
launchers, you would have a 30mm cannon group and a missile group. The groups are defined as classes
4. For each group class, define an array called 'weapons' and an array called 'positions'. The positions array contains all of the selection names
you defined in your model that you want this group to use, and the weapons array contains the classnames of all the weapons that will use
that set of positions.
5. The last step is to simply ensure that BD_MultiGunFix is installed and loaded when you start up ArmA 2. Using this system will not make
your addon require BD_MultiGunFix, rather when the user is running your addon while using BD_MultiGunFix the fix will be applied, and
if not your addon will function normally without the fix (with a limit of only 1 firing position per weapon type).
6. For more detailed info check the readme.

Expansion notes:
BD MultiGunFix v2.0 fully supports both Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. It does not require either, and will
work on Arma 2 stand alone, OA stand alone, or Arma 2: Combined Operations (Arma 2 + OA).
Note: some features/functionality will only be available in OA.

As of v2.5 however, this addon may not work in standalone Arma 2. See the requirements for details.

Multiplayer notes:
As of v1.4 this addon should be fully MP compatable. The addon need only be installed on the server, and the changes will be applied
for all clients. If the addon is not installed on the server, it will be disabled for all clients, regardless of whether they have it installed.

As of v2.0, full JIP compatability should also be present. The addon still need only be installed on the server, and must be installed on the server.
2	bd_tracer
This fairly simple addon adds appropriately colored light sources to tracers to enhance night combat. The color and
intensity of the light is determined by the config properties of the ammunition. This addon also works with the NVG
only tracers on the light machineguns; these tracers emit a very dim light that is barely visible, but can be clearly
seen through night vision.

Configuring Tracer Lights:
BD Tracer Lights use only the default tracer-related config tokens. The only thing to note is that the color of the
light is defined by the 'tracerColor[]' property, which is otherwise not used. Because of this, the addon also contains
a config that corrects the tracerColor for all BIS ammo with tracers.

Multiplayer:
The effects of this addon are client-side only. It requires no installation on the server, but only clients with the
addon installed can see the effects.
3	bd_tunguskazeroing
This is a simple config edit that gives the 2S6M Tunguska to ability to use zeroing in Arma 2: Combined Operations.
The zeroing ranges are the same as on the ZSU-23-4 Shilka.
4	DisabledBallisticsComputer_Gameplay_C_PvPscene
Disables the ballistic computer for any vehicle.
5	DisabledWeaponLockVehicles_Gameplay_C_PvPscene
Disables the locking ability of all vehicle weapons. Missiles of ground vehicles need to be manually guided by the gunner as well. The only exception are missiles for air units.
6	fnc_ballistics_infantry.pbo
Brings you realistics ballistics for most small arms and some vehicle mounted weapons in Arma2.

7	fnc_ballistics_launchers.pbo
Brings you realistics ballistics for most small arms and some vehicle mounted weapons in Arma2.
Based on NonWonderDog's excellent "NWD_Ballistics" for Arma1
8	fnc_ballistics_vehicles.pbo
same feature as above
9	fnc_muzzlevelocity
same feature as above

10	glt_missilebox
the Missilebox includes several weapon systems used by several addons. Those i know of:

F-16
   F-22 (by nes4day)
   JAS-39
   Su-24
   Su-34 Desert Camo
   Tu-22M3 (by [APS]Gnat)
   F/A-18 (by Meatball0311, not yet released)

Besides the weapon systems, the Missilebox also replaces the models of the default BIS weapons. Please note that with version 3.4 only models are changed, weapons performance remains untouched.
The Missilebox also include several new versions of defualt BIS planes with altered weapon loadouts:

Su-39 Laser - laserguided Ch-29
   Su-39 JDAM - GPS/INS guided KAB-500SE
   Su-34 Laser - laserguided Ch-29
   Su-34 JDAM - GPS/INS guided KAB-500SE
   AV-8B JDAM - GPS/INS guided GBU-53
   A-10 JDAM - GPS/INS guided GBU-53

The Missilebox also includes the GBU-43/B Massive Ordinance Air Blast as GPS/INS guided weapon.
And finally, the Missilebox equips the C-130 with laserscanner and GPS/INS systems required for the GBU-43/B.
11	glt_missilebox_config
same as above
12	glt_realairweapons
As a new addon the GLT_RAW (Real Air Weapons) is introduced which improves all Air-to-Air aswell as Ground-to-Air weapons so they will fit with the performances of the Missilebox weapons. Mainly it means increased range and decreased speed of all respective weapons as BIS's default settings were far away from being even closely realistic.
For the gameplay it means, avoiding enemy missiles relies now far more on pilot skills than just dropping flare/chaff. You can outmaneuver missiles if you're good enough.
The GLT_RAW comes with own separate bikey file so server owner can better control if this addon should be allowed or not.

I do recommend it if the Missilebox and it's weapons are in use as it would imbalance Missilebox planes against BIS weapons equipped planes.
13	mounted_mg_dispersion
This addon allows the user to set the AI dispersion for all mounted MG's in the game, both static and on vehicles.
The addon will not affect the dispersion for any MG being fired by a Human controlled unit. It only affects AI, both enemy and freindly.
It comes with an HPP file that goes into the userconfig folder, which is where the dispersion adjustments are made (instructions are located in this file).
The variable being modified is aiDispersionCoef, which allows the user to set AI dispersion for a weapon without affecting overall weapon dispersion.
The aiDispersionCoef is a multiplier of the weapons dispersion value. See formula and example below:

***Formula - dispersion * aiDispersionCoef = Total AI Dispersion...Example for M134 - .0017(disp) * 15.0(coef) = .0255(total AI Dispersion)
14	pistolfiedtracers
This addon enables tracers and tracer pattern modification for all weapons that use 556x45, 545x39, 762x51, and 762x54 rounds. It however does NOT enable tracers on the 20 round STANAG magazines or any of the silenced weapons.
15	SingleWeaponModeFirstForAK_Gameplay_C_PvPscene
Makes single fire mode selected by default for AK weapons to promote non autofire play.
16	tgw_vehfixes
This mod changes and adds to the way the new thermal imaging system is displayed and applied to vehicles in 
ArmA2 Combined Operations. 
17	tgw_zeroing
This mod adds the ability to zero in sights with some weapons 

=======================

Any other questions let me know, also there is a faq on my website too:

http://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/

Ok great.

Hpp can be found at this folder address actually:

@COWarMod\Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\Working SLX Files not in COWarMod

once you find it just put it in your addons folder, if you still get the error then move the file SLX_ace_fixes to the addons folder.

Anyways Im uploading an updated version to fix the issue for those that haven't downloaded the mod yet or for those that

haven't seen the posts here and haven't solved the problem.

Again i have no idea why the error did not showup for me as i have the same file setup as what you all downloaded, and

I checked and rechecked that the hpp is not in what i have, I have what you have.

i always thoroughly test the mod before i release, I'd never release something with errors popping up or the game crashing, or what have you,

you guys should know that by now from my previous versions.

Anyways sorry about this small issue, let me know how the mod is running for you,

if theres any troubles, or questions, please dont hesitate to ask I'm here for you guys.

I'm yet having that problem. The only way to fix it seems like to be deleting the files: SLX_ace_fixes

SLX_aiskill

SLX_anim_swim

There is no "@COWarMod\Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\Working SLX Files" folder on my COWarMod folder.

I've already applied patches 2.5 and 2.6, neither did anything. Moving the SLX.HTT file to the addons folder or SLX folder does nothing as well.

So, basically, my question is. How can I run SLX_aiskill and SLX_anim_swim without having to disable (delete) them?

Edited by Arch3rAc3
Sentence fix

There is no "@COWarMod\Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\Working SLX Files" folder on my COWarMod folder.

Thats because there isn't one, read the message again "Working SLX Files not in COWarMod"

You dont need the SLX_aiskill, there already ASRAI in the mod which handles all the skill, and does much more then that file can alone, so really it not needed.

As for the SLX_Ace not needed unless you are running ace, even then you'll want to use my COWarModACE for the ACe version, but for the SLX_anim_swim

heres an updated version

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ow7q07wyovuw29o/slx_anim_swim.zip?dl=0

of it with the requirements taken out, just put the pbo in your @COWarMod addons folder and try it out, let me know how it works for you, i tested it,

and it seems to work ok with no errors.