Really quick question. What addon changes how your squad members Icons look at the bottom of the screen? Instead of the default vanilla green to being a little more detailed?

Hi sorry for the semi late reply,

here is a list of what changes the look of the command icons:

BC6 Feelings

This changes the Leader command icons, only for defaul marine units

PaleCommandBar by thebarricade

Changes tones and colors for the command bar, makes rank- and 'mounted'-icons a bit crisper.

PaleWeaponIconsInCommandBar by thebarricade

Makes weapon-icons in the commandbar a bit crisper.

TrueUser_IGUI_CommandBar_TextIcons

- New command bar UI Icons that display weapon type as text, rather then the graphic Icon.

Simple abbreviations :

------------------

GL - GrenadeLauncher

AR - AutomaticRifleman

MG - Machinegunner

AA - Anti-Air

AT - Anti-Tank

MM - Marksman

SNP - Sniper

SD - Silenced

PST - Pistol

=============

In the future refer to the included readmes, you can find all info about the UI, hud, & gear here:

@COWarMod\documentation\features\features by subject\ui, hud, & gear readme

Welcome, but nothing hard to figure out in COWarMod if you want to disable a feature, as the mod is customizable,

just refer to the documentation folder included in the download.

Also if you have questions you can refer to my help faq on my website:

http://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/

Any other questions, problems, let me know, Im usually here everyday, depends.

Hey guys.

I have a problem finding the user-config to change the ARD hotkey. It seams it is set to Q which makes lifting off in a chopper imposible with a team, since they will all jump out before i get airborn. Is there a way to turn the hotkey compleatly off or will do i have to change it to some ramdom key that i never use?

Also, i can't get a standard laser lock with any of the planes with GBU's...

A little help would be apriciated.

Edited by Kasper_KC

Kasper,

You can try the "ArmA3" key preset. Then "collective up" is Left Shift.

You could also check wether ARD comes with a user config. In this case you can change the ARD key from Q to something else.

I have a problem finding the user-config to change the ARD hotkey.

The userconfig for Ard it will be located in the userconfig folder you had installed in your Arma2 directory when you installed COWarMod.

the folder should have a text document thats titled ard.

It seams it is set to Q which makes lifting off in a chopper imposible with a team, since they will all jump out before i get airborn.

You do know you can change the keys in the game right? and i hope you are referring to Arma2CO as COWarMod is for Arma2CO only not Arma3.

You could also check wether ARD comes with a user config.

Its does, and when CoWarmod is installed you have 2 files you install:

@CoWarMod

userconfig

Without the userconfig kasper would be having all sorts of things not working, so clearly he has the userconfig installed, hes just needs to remap his key.

So Kasper userconfig will be in the Arma2 directory same place as you installed CoWarMod, open the userconfig and look at the controls list and just remap the key.

if you dont want to use ard then remove ard from the mod, its ard.pbo

Is this the right thread for COWARMOD issues?

I just got ARMA2 combined ops from steam.

I am using the ARMA2 OA button on the steam app which executes _runA2CO.cmd file to

launch ArmA2OA.exe

the _runA2CO.cmd file adds the following to the exe: -mod=%

_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod

I added the ;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod part

This loads ARMA2 with the ARMA2 and ARMA2OA logos on the bottom left. CBA CBA_A2

CBA_OA and COWarMod are listed at the top right. The ARMA2 version # is 1.62.95248

I added the COWARMOD folder, user config and keys files into the ARMA2 OA folder.

I played ARMA2 OA armory before adding the COWARMOD with no problems, after adding the

COWARMOD I am getting the following problems:

on Utes I can do one challenge then I am unable to accept any more challenges. The

interface is messed up. Hitting ESC brings up several popups:Start VFladder, the

normal ESC dialog, call for support, and troopmon2.

in Chernarus I get a no entry bin\config.bin/cfg.weapons popup when I accept a

challenge, the challenge fails, and when I accept any other challenge, it fails

immediately.

in Takistan, same as Utes but I get stuck in a 3rd person view, and can't leave,

alttab out and kill the exe.

I am using 1.4 full version of COWARMOD

More testing: Using the beta version on steam I am able to play missions in the armory. The problems seem to occur after the 1st accepted mission. I can click on the accept or decline buttons on the new challenge mission popup, but nothing happens. I can esc out of the popup. New challenge popup, same thing.

on the utes map I did get a bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_l_dmr_ca.paa missing msg after accepting a mission. Hitting ESC still brings up several popups:Start VFladder, the

With the error behavior changes in regular vs beta vers of combined ops with cowarmod using steam, there must be something about the steam version and or steam game setup that is slightly incompatible with cowarmod?

Edited by ddave

Hello ddave, Welcome to Bis forums.

Yes you have the correct thread for any questions or issues pertaining to COWarMod.

The interface is messed up. Hitting ESC brings up several popups:Start VFladder, the

Vladder and troopmon2 are features of the mod, nothing messed up there.

troopmon2 does this--> http://warmod.webs.com/troopmon2.htm

Vladder does this--> http://warmod.webs.com/vfladderinco.htm

in Chernarus I get a no entry bin\config.bin/cfg.weapons popup when I accept a

challenge, the challenge fails, and when I accept any other challenge, it fails

immediately.

Never seen that, and i never use the armory, nothing i can identify, My guess is one of the addons/mods in COWarMod effecting that.

Suggest use the sp editor, you can do more then the armory.

on the utes map I did get a bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_l_dmr_ca.paa missing msg after accepting a mission. Hitting ESC still brings up several popups:Start VFladder, the

This error bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_l_dmr_ca.paa is random, and cannot be fixed, I had already discussed this with the modder of that

mod for that error back in 2010 for my A2WarMod version and he cant do anything about it. This was reported years ago by someone,

I have it on my FAQ on my website: http://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/#anchor-2-16

If you dont want that errors popping up as I said its random, it will only do it once possibly when you start a mission,

but remove this file BC6_Feeling_ICONS.pbo from your @COWarMod addons folder.

Just to note CoWarMod may have issues with the beta, i dont know, i never tested the mod with the beta, and at the time of release of COWarmod

the betas were different then the version currently, suggest test the mod with the regular game as the beta obviously are not required.

keep in mind that CoWarMod is a compilation mod, and customizable, it has 230+ addons and mods in it, I had spent 6+ months to 2 years on this

mod as it is a combination of new stuff from OA, and old stuff from my other mod A2WarMod which is the Arma2 only version of the mod.

Also note more info can be found on my website seen here:

http://warmod.webs.com/

I have many readmes included just go to @CoWarMod and inside the folder there is a Documentations folder, this is were all the readmes are and information

about the mod, readmes and such were a project in themselves, but any questions feel free to ask Im here on Bis forums almost everyday,

if i dont respond right away then give me a day i will be there, I'm usually busy with another

mod project for Iron front here

hope that helps.

Hey thanks for responding. I messed around in SP and I didn't notice any problems, and there were cowarmod features and changes that weren't in armory.

Hi Gunter, thanks for all the hard work on this mod. Love it.

Just wanted to let you know two addons conflicting with eachother:

Copy My Stance

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8484&highlight=COPY%2BSTANCE

and

CG animation replacement/enhancement pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14012&highlight=SMK

or

Smookie Animation Pack Lite version

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17861&highlight=SMK

If player uses both GIB and Anims, AI on players team will not cooperate to commands properly, or not at all.

Player must choose to use either GIB or Anims mods, but not both together.

Maybe you can throw this in your Read Me someplace of conflicting mods?

Regards,

KK

Thanks for the report.

I'm sure you know that with these two:

CG animation replacement/enhancement pack

Smookie Animation Pack Lite version

you should use one or the other not both.

Maybe you can throw this in your Read Me someplace of conflicting mods?

I might, not sure if i will be or want to update COWarMod anymore, I have my hands full with projects for Iron front.

Is there anything in COWARMOD that helps my squad do what I say?

I learned how to select and command my squad, and set them into teams, change formation/stance, regroup, goto point, set awareness, all the basic commands.

I am playing through the village sweep mission and at some point some or all of my team simply stop following orders. I tried to set their awareness to different levels, and order them to move. I cant even get them to stand up. This seems bizarre, I read that there was some weirdness with the AI, pathfinding and getting trapped in a no-move state. It makes the game unplayable. Also pressing the step over key while running up to a fence makes me run unless I can enter a vehicle, then movement is normal.

Is there a script in COWARMOD that makes the AI do something I order it to? What about calling the contacts in a degree heading?

I was reading about the server options for RUG DSAI for MP games. I didn't see a related member in the user config folder. Can I set these options for SP games? Thanks

Edited by ddave

Hi ddave,

try using the ard http://warmod.webs.com/ardallarounddefense.htm

using ard will usually get them back to you I found.

Suggest also testing the AI commanding in a simple mission in the editor, just place a squad under your command and then command them to move or whatever.

never really had any issues myself with commanding a squad, if they refuse to follow then as suggested use ard, call them to form a ring around

you and then move on and they should follow, always worked for me.

I cant even get them to stand up.

If your being shot at, and same for AI, you may be suppressed, the AI will stay prone if any shots are fired close to them, it depends.

Check and see if you have this file in your @CoWarMod addons folder:

tpwcas.pbo

if you do then thats whats possibly happening.

another question is when you get shot at, does your screen get distorted like tinted like and sorta of shake?

If so your being suppressed.

Also pressing the step over key while running up to a fence makes me run unless I can enter a vehicle, then movement is normal.

Never heard of that, have no issues on my end, check your controls to make sure a control is not allocated to another function.

Is there a script in COWARMOD that makes the AI do something I order it to?

yes and no depends on what you are ordering the AI to do, but by itself no.

The AI in the mod are effected by various mods, they think on their own based on certain things, in terms of commanding, ARD is the only AI command feature in the mod.

For more information on the AI in COWarMod refer to the readme:

@CoWarMod\Documentation\features\features by subject\ai enhancement, and also review the ai shouts & voices readme there as well.

I was reading about the server options for RUG DSAI for MP games. I didn't see a related member in the user config folder. Can I set these options for SP games?

review the readme: rug dsai readme (titi signed)

its located:

@CoWarMod\Documentation\readmes\mod readmes

other then that rug dsai runs automatically for sp, as for other options you will need to refer to the readme.

Edited by Günter Severloh

Hey Günter, thanks for the heads-up on using ARD in that way, I'll try it when I get home tomorrow:)

@ddave - gammadust's Clockfacing report makes your AI team-mates call out contact headings (and more besides). It's in COWarmod.

Welcome, Ard has been helpful in odd situations, sometimes you need to call them with

Default Keys - can be changed in the user-config:

F1 = Open ARD Menu

1 = Quick ARD

and hit the key, if they dont respond right away then keep calling them, better if your within 100m of them, but when you hit the button, it brigs up that menu, click in the list on the right based on the distance to form around you, I normally use 20m, and they should come, pretty cool to watch. When you go to your map, you should see the blue icons around you in a circle.

With CoWarMod you have that http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9936 shacktack fireteam hud which gives you a small circle at the bottom of your screen, and when the Ai form Ard you should see them as well form that circle around you.

You can make your squad form back up by pressing the 'Form On Me' button in the ARD menu. Also, if you move outside of the radius, your men will automatically form on you. If you want to move out of the radius and keep your squad in ARD, then press the 'Hold' button in the ARD menu. Your squad can also be set as prone or crouched (default) by pressing the respective 'Prone' and 'Crouch' buttons in the ARD menu.

Aside your mentioning of clockfacing report, there is also another option i found to work sometimes too, by using gdtmod_leader.

Thanks, I will try the ARD commands. I had remapped the ARD F1 key, I am not sure why they made it the same as the F1 squad selection key.

Yes, I have seen the suppressed effects, I really like that. When my squad freezes I think they are falling into some kind of no move state. Last time it was just 2 out of 3 guys. We weren't under fire. I think it may be map related, with a certain location on a map. Most of the time they are doing what I say. It's just frustrating when it happens.

I looked at the RUG_DSAI readme, I was looking for way to remove the dumb shouts, but leave in any mission related info I am getting. Is RUG_DSAI giving mission related info?

Clockfacing report is active, but if I am looking around I find it not so useful. It's hard to pay attention when my team is shouting out inane comments all the time. I'd love to try out a mod that provides more info on contacts.

I think you are right on the step over / run bug, I noticed it was saying "set squad leader" or something like that. I was using the down arrow mapped to step over.

I see that gdtmod lets me take command of a squad using the down arrow when in the commanding mode menu. I don't think I had that menu open, but I was getting the msg anyway.

Edited by ddave

I was looking for way to remove the dumb shouts

Remove RugDsai files.

Is RUG_DSAI giving mission related info?

Some, but read about the features,a nd other misc info about it.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6092

Clockfacing report is active, but if I am looking around I find it not so useful.

This is what it does: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14183

basically what your lookign for.

Anymore questions, concerns, or issues, then let me know i'm usually here everyday.

Also more info can be found on the WarMod website: http://warmod.webs.com/

Anyone interested in a COWarMod version for Hell in the Pacific?

I have a version i put together to just mess around and see what response I get and it runs pretty good,

still need to look at it further and maybe tweak some things.

Hi..

I´m using Dayz_SP Ultimate map.

I did spawn survivors to help me...but they don´t shoot zombies just bandits.

I used your mod..like follow:

@COWarMod + User config + Keys...I´m using DayZ 1.7.7 (Up to date with Dayz commander) + CBA_CO.

I wanna know how I´m get the mobs(survivors) engage zombies?

I try to use ZeusAI...creating a folder @ZeusAI with the addons.

Put everything in the OA beta patch..all the description.

The game start...its all working but the mobs don´t engage zombies.

What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks!

Hi, welcome to Bis forums.

Do what your trying to do without the mod and see if its not the mod first, if it is, then maybe we can narrow it

down to something with some Ai addons and mods in CoWarMod.

What faction side is the mob survivors on? Bluefor?, or independent?

Hi, welcome to Bis forums.

Do what your trying to do without the mod and see if its not the mod first, if it is, then maybe we can narrow it

down to something with some Ai addons and mods in CoWarMod.

What faction side is the mob survivors on? Bluefor?, or independent?

Hi..

I change the map I was using...I´m using now Dayz Factions 1.7.7.1 (Haleck).

Now the spawned mobs engage the zombies.

The Ai seems working fine...I´m using ASR_AI.

It´s ok for now.

Many thanks for your attention!

And great job with the mod!

Thanks for the welcome...

Forgive the poor English...its not my main language!

Hi

Well I don´t know if I can Post this here...but I don´t have another post to ask for...

I´m trying to edit some SP map..But I´m having problems.

Whem I play the edited map there´s no zombies...

I'd like to play SP with a map and edit it to create a simple mission with special units.

Don´t need to modify script its just a special units and a search for some intel in a certain place. Just to add some goal!

I´m using a map with bandits and zombies (Haleks map)...but whem i try to edit it them all gonne!

Thanks

Hi

Best to ask in a thread already discussing it, or create one, as this thread is specifically for CoWarMod, maybe i can help you on your another thread.