The mod works fine without me removing any files, my issue is that I like to have battles of 500-1000 AI so of course I can't have all of those addons so that's why I removed ALL of them except,

-SLX Files (I removed the ExplosionDust & GunSmoke)

-ASR-AI.

-Tpwcas (I might remove this one too, it is making me stutter)

I also play with all my settings on Low except for my Video Memory is set to Very High.

Thats alot of AI, but hey if you can do it awsome! i wish i had your specs, one of these days i will get a better computer, but money is so tight that

its just not possible right now, i been waiting probably for 2+ years to upgrade, and or get a new computer but again between debts and bills, trying

to save can be tough, then we have this shit economy, well thats all another story.

Most of the addons and mods in COWarMod are all gameplay based meaning they should effect the game very little in terms of performance

as they are just scripts, and UI changes, as well as many more features.

The biggest performance killers I found were as I said in my post in reply to yours initially was the AI, and the smoke related files.

I'd hate to see you miss alot of features only to use a few files from the mod, as the sum of the mod is in its many parts, using a select few would

to me be pointless to use COWarMod then as you can get those AI mods and other mods on Armaholic.

CoWarMod isn't just a collection of addons and mods all bunched together in one folder, its a mod I had built from extensive testing and research since 2009,

as my firt Compilation mod like CoWarMod started with my WarMod for Arma1 which was the same thing. But the testing done was to see what addons and

mods were able to work (run) together without havign the game crash or freeze.

COWarMod is the combination of my A2WarMod (my WarMod for Arma2 only) which has onyl 38 addons/mods that work in OA and then the 190+ files in CoWarMod,

so CoWarMod (WarMod for Arma2CO aka Combined OPS), is my epic compilation that works well without the problems. Thats basically the idea behind the mod

to use the majority of them, thus the mod being a compilation mod.

I appreciate the hard work you put into this compilation! Hopefully you carry it over to ARMA 3.

Do you also convert Arma 1 addons to Arma 2 by any chance?

Thanks.

Blastcore is already in COWarMod, and now with the 1.4 patch, and the full version 1.4 you have 2 versions of Blastcore to choose from.

The original full version of Blastcore for OA is in the mod, and then the new version for Arma2 is in the customization folder if you wanted to

use that one then just swap the files, dont use both.

JSRS is a sound mods you can use it with any mod, just run it by itself outside of COWarMod, like this:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod;@JSRS

A list of whats in the full version of the mod can bee seen on the first page of the thread, some may be in the customization folder as some addons/mods

you cannot run together like the 2 blastcore versions and the smk animation versions as there is a full and a lite version, so you need to choose one or the other.

But the mod is customizable, if your not interested in a certain feature then remove it.

I highly suggest you review the readmes, as I had spent alot of time on them, and they should answer the majority of your

questions, depending on what info you need, but you can always ask here too.

What should i remove when friendly AI refuse to follow me?

And those handsignals on keys Q and E?

Awesome mod Gunter!

Hi johanna,

If the Ai refuse to follow you, you can do a few things:

individually move them use the F keys and point and click on a location you want them to go, they will move, or use ARD to

form the all around defense, they will do this, but in terms of file to remove, I have this issue sometimes myself, can say off the

top of my head which AI related addon/mod would cause the AI not to follow you.

For your 2nd question:

And those handsignals on keys Q and E?

The handsignals are from ARD--> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12815

what you need to do is configure your controls to use ARD, so go to the userconfig located in your Arma2 directory, and look for the folder titled ARD.

Inside it is an HPP, it opens with notepad, but towards the bottom see here:

///////////////////////////////
//			     //
// ALL ROUND DEFENCE OPTIONS //
//			     //
///////////////////////////////

// This changes the key used to open the All Round Defense Menu

ARD_open_menu = 59;  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

// This changes the key to order All Round Defence quickly (without opening the menu)

[b]ARD_quick = 16[/b];  // << EDIT THIS NUMBER

the code i bolded is what you want to change, 16 is allocated to a key on your keyboard, so by default it is set to Q.

if you go further below this code you can see the list for the what numbers for what keys, so what you do is pick a key you want and

then put its number in replace of the 16 that is there. As for E I have no idea what the deal with E is, I dont use the key myself.

If you dont want to use ARD or are not interested it and want to remove it then you can find the file for it in the @CoWarMod \addons folder,

the file is titled:ard

Keep in mind that on my website here: http://warmod.webs.com/

under CoWarMod at the bottom of the link list is a page titled:

How to enable features, ARD is also listed there.

I have to add a few pages to that for the new added featured for 1.4 as there are several, so i will be doing that soon.

Any other questions let me know.

Blastcore is already in COWarMod, and now with the 1.4 patch, and the full version 1.4 you have 2 versions of Blastcore to choose from.

The original full version of Blastcore for OA is in the mod, and then the new version for Arma2 is in the customization folder if you wanted to

use that one then just swap the files, dont use both.

JSRS is a sound mods you can use it with any mod, just run it by itself outside of COWarMod, like this:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod;@JSRS

A list of whats in the full version of the mod can bee seen on the first page of the thread, some may be in the customization folder as some addons/mods

you cannot run together like the 2 blastcore versions and the smk animation versions as there is a full and a lite version, so you need to choose one or the other.

But the mod is customizable, if your not interested in a certain feature then remove it.

I highly suggest you review the readmes, as I had spent alot of time on them, and they should answer the majority of your

questions, depending on what info you need, but you can always ask here too.

Thats cool i thought that the JSRS sound mod might of conflicted with another sound mod you already in it.

Thats cool i thought that the JSRS sound mod might of conflicted with another sound mod you already in it.

There is no sound mod In CoWarMod, CoWarMod is AI enhancements, gameplay features, fixes, and many other things related, sound mods are a personal preference/taste,

so that is up to the user plus it would take up to much space.

For your trying to join a server with CoWarMod, thing is if you dont have the keys as suggested in the message then you wont be able to join,

so i suggest removing those files. And trying again.

When i ever got on a server with COWarMod it was my own server, and even then it was private, and ran the mod client side, the server had battleye,

and verify sig turned off, but most public servers wont do that, so you may run into something, depends.

Hi johanna,

Super!

Thanks for the quick answer!

There is no sound mod In CoWarMod, CoWarMod is AI enhancements, gameplay features, fixes, and many other things related, sound mods are a personal preference/taste,

so that is up to the user plus it would take up to much space.

For your trying to join a server with CoWarMod, thing is if you dont have the keys as suggested in the message then you wont be able to join,

so i suggest removing those files. And trying again.

When i ever got on a server with COWarMod it was my own server, and even then it was private, and ran the mod client side, the server had battleye,

and verify sig turned off, but most public servers wont do that, so you may run into something, depends.

it was my own private server using the same files

Super!

Thanks for the quick answer!

Your welcome Johanna!

it was my own private server using the same files

You should be able to play any mission on your server without CoWarMod having to be on your server, my buddy and I had

our own private server for a couple of years and did that with all my WarMod versions, you will still be able to see, and get

all the features ingame as the mod is running client site.

With the server being private then, and not having CWM on the server as its not needed on it, you would be running it twice of you ran

it client side too, but turn off battleye, and verify signatures and you shouldn't have any issues with the mod, i swear by that method.

You should be able to play any mission on your server without CoWarMod having to be on your server, my buddy and I had

our own private server for a couple of years and did that with all my WarMod versions, you will still be able to see, and get

all the features ingame as the mod is running client site.

With the server being private then, and not having CWM on the server as its not needed on it, you would be running it twice of you ran

it client side too, but turn off battleye, and verify signatures and you shouldn't have any issues with the mod, i swear by that method.

I feel not very confident in regards to bold because of:

• There are AI configs or related addons. AI usually runs on a server, so if you don't enable the addons on a server, these addons will not have any effect for most if not all of the AI
  • There are various addons which add new weapon, magazine, ammo classes. Normally for proper operation these should exist on all connected machines. incl server
  • There are various moves and animations addons, afaik behavior will be unexpected when these are not equal between all connected machines incl server
  • If any mission uses any of the new classes directly in the mission.sqm, the mission won't start when played on the server
  • Some addons require server-side initialization for settings, or control (unsure if, and which in case of COWarMod)
  • In many cases, having certain addons on a or multiple clients, but not on a server, leads to server crash, or at least lag/perf issues

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

With regards to Multiplayer and signature protection, the following errors exist: http://pastie.org/6163496

• Missing bisigns
  • Missing bikeys
  • Wrong bisign/bikey combination
  • Possibly edited pbo's (haven't checked), so that the bisign file is no longer valid
  • Old v1 signatures - not useful anymore today

To solve that you'd probably be better off removing all bikeys and bisigns, and adding a single new key, and new v2 signatures.

Good information Sickboy.

Problem with CWM is were talking 200+ addons and mods, about 99% of them are all gameplay features add to the game,

to change all the signatures would be like building an entire mod itself from the ground up, only thing i could think of is track the errors and then fix,

or replace the ones the server is getting with what you had suggested Sickboy.

You would know better then I, i am familiar with alot of these things, but not enough to really know what I'm doing, i'm really just a compiler, I'm one to

have fiddled with scripts and codes and such and even had my hand in fixing several configs which somehow I amazingly figured out, so its very possible

to solve any issues that revolving around the server, and im sure the SP aspect could be improved in the same regards.

Hi guys, very simple question that I can't seem to find any answer to, is there any way to remove the flies/insects sound coming from dead bodies? I mean as soon as the enemy is dead there's that sound which just spoils it for me, I don't know if it bothers anyone else. Thanks a lot!

Hi, yes there is.

Download this file,

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/no%20Flies%20SLX_Wounds.zip

I made a change to one of the scripts that enable flies to appear around dead bodies, this updated file turns them off.

Just put the SLX_Wounds.pbo into your @COWarMod addons folder, it will overwrite the existing file.

I personally tested it to make sure it worked and it did np, i did not hear or see any flies around dead bodies.

Hope that helps.

Hi guys!

this is what I was dreaming for a long time :) now finally mechanized infantry works as it should! like in your last video :)

My only question is: should "super AI" option be deactivated? have you noticed some changes?

thanks

Matt

Hi Bogart,

Glad you like it, up to you really but theres already a number of AI files in COWarMod, I have not tested with super AI.

Hi Bogart,

Glad you like it, up to you really but theres already a number of AI files in COWarMod, I have not tested with super AI.

thanks,

I'm using COWarMod not the ACE version and I want to remove the cowarmod default first aid system (SLX wound system?) because teammates always say "unable to comply" while I am lying on the ground requesting support.

do you suggest me to use the dapman module instead?

will the default first aid system be deactivated if I put the dapman module in the map editor?

does COWarModACE requires also ACE 2 Core?

Edited by Bogart

Yes remove the slx_wounds.pbo and its bisign, as well as slx_wounds_ais, and slx_wounds_heads.

yes try Dapmans.

the first aid system will probably be overwritten by Dapmans when you add it, not sure.

does COWarModACE requires also ACE 2 Core?

No and CoWarMod doesn't require anything with ACE files, but then what would be the point of Running CoWarModACE without ACE.

COWarMod is nothing but a compilation mod, its part of my WarMod series, its for Arma2CO so basically your running WarMod but for CO, aka COWarMod.

Now COWarModACE is basically CoWarMod but there are many addons and mods in CoWarMod removed to make the mod work with ACE so in a way you

are running a custom version of COWarMod, and its being called CoWarModACE to indicate this.

Hoep that clears it up for ya, any other questions let me know.

No and CoWarMod doesn't require anything with ACE files, but then what would be the point of Running CoWarModACE without ACE.

COWarMod is nothing but a compilation mod, its part of my WarMod series, its for Arma2CO so basically your running WarMod but for CO, aka COWarMod.

Now COWarModACE is basically CoWarMod but there are many addons and mods in CoWarMod removed to make the mod work with ACE so in a way you

are running a custom version of COWarMod, and its being called CoWarModACE to indicate this.

Hoep that clears it up for ya, any other questions let me know.

I told you that because on Armaholic http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17262 under Requirements is written "Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Extra" this could create misunderstanding...if I am right in COWarModACE there's already ACE 2 mod and you don't need to download ACE anymore?

Edited by Bogart

Yes it can create a misunderstanding that was Armaholics doing to add that there.

It doesn't require ace, the idea of that requirement is that there is no point on downloading or playing with CoWarModACE if your not going to run it with ace,

the mod is CoWarMod customized for ACE, and no you dont need to download ace if you already have it.

ACE2 mod is not in CoWarModACE, CoWarModACE runs along with ACE, adding features to ace.

This is why this thread is here, to provide info and support for the mod.

ACE2 mod is not in CoWarModACE and no you dont need to download ace if you already have it.

But I don't have ACE already installed so I need both ACE Core and Extras right?

then it will be -nosplash -mod=@CBA_CO;@ACE;@COWarModACE; as you mentioned in your installation readme, now it's clear :) thanks