Snip

=========

SixUpdater & playwith6

Also I know alot of you guys want the mod on SU and maybe Playw6, but im not getting my questions answered by Sickboy, nor am I able to get playwith6 to start.

And from what i can see I have no idea on how you would add a mod to the network for SU, if anyone want to help me figure this stuff out, please do, otherwise

I may just turn a blind eye to it and forget the idea.

I think SU has lost its way a little, not maintained as much now. There used to be a click through to contact them if you wanted to have a mod added, but its all changed now. Not sure regards PWS, that could be a better option, but I have never used it, so don't really know.

I do most of my updating via Armaholic, Armed Assault, here on the forum or other communities/private groups now. I take a day out once in a while and blast my mods to update them, I update some via SU, but have to watch that they are upto date themselves.:rolleyes:

Problem is however, I keep lots of the previous versions of mods for testing, so have a huge amount collected over time..:butbut:

How would they be merged? if I dont have a userconfig the game will not add the userconfig or read it from within the mod folder itself.

Serverkeys is actually keys folder and is only needed for a server, which means you still need to move them to be on the server. IDK about you but when

i had a gameserver, and soon will have one again, I put CoWarMod on the server so the keys were not needed.

IDK about if there is no Arma2OA\userconfig folder but if there is and there's a @COWarMod\userconfig folder and @COWarMod is in the modline, the files in it's userconfig should be available when running as if they're in Arma2OA\userconfig. Certainly with Missions and MPMissions in a modfolder this is what I've found happens.

If I'm running a LAN game I think the Serverkeys are used (depending on the server settings, to check signatures of the mods used I think), so again if they're made available as if they're in Arma2OA\Serverkeys using this method, then it seems useful to save having to move them there manually.

Manual move is one time, putting the @COWarMod, Keys, and userconfig, is a one time thing when installing or updating, if I were to update everyweek

then I would consider a different approach, but it really costs one no time to move a folder that takes but a sec or 2 to move to the directory.

Speaking of update I am working on a Patch, it will be version 1.4

I figured you guys would have known this already when I announced it earlier this week on my site:

http://warmod.webs.com/

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

What do you guys think if I created a PDF Document which would basically be the readme where all readmes, documentation ect,. would be in one file?

Instead of having to sift through multiple folders for various documentation on features, or credits, and many other things i could have one pdf readme that would cover them all.

that probably be alot more efficient and functional, and a time saver then what is setup currently.

Thing im concerned about is not everyone has a pdf program on their computer where they can open and read a pdf document.

Even then my website will have all readmes and documentation too, under the COWarMod section of the site.

Thoughts on this idea.

I think you had already considered a combined pdf readme for one of the previous releases. I am all for it because it helps to tidy up the whole installation. There are many free pdf readers available and if you also publish the documents on your website, then everybody has a chance to view the information.

If you are still looking for possible additions you might consider this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141568-SweetFX-Shader-Suite-with-ARMA-2/page5&highlight=graphics+mod

I have adobe acrobat 7.0 so it allows me to convert existing documents to pdf. I had installed it Thursday and was looking at it, even converted one readme just

to see how it would work, and theres a bit to it than just creating readmes.

So I think i will wait til this patch I'm working on is released and then work on the readme

and release it as a patch, theres just to many things to figure out to be able to include a pdf of all the readmes for COWarMod as theres like

roughly 28 readmes in total, thats a project in itself.

All the information in the readmes is already on the site, not for the new patch yet though, i like to release the patch and then update the site accordingly.

As for the SweetFX, thats not a mod, and it has nothing to do with Arma2CO specifically, its a program like enbs, I'll leave that up to the user,.

Update

Alright fellas Patch version 1.4 has been released!

DOWNLOAD FULL VERSION Patch 1.4

armaholic.jpg

Please note, and this is very important I added a readme to the download titled REMOVE THESE FILES!

It is important that you review this readme, and remove the files accordingly.

Also please note that the patch v 1.4 requires that you have patch v 1.3 already applied.

So if your downloading CoWarMod for the first time install v 1.2 of the mod and then download the v 1.3 patch

then

download the v 1.4 patch.

Each patch has instructions on what to remove.

This is the only way to update existing versions of the mod.

================================

Important note:

Dapman AI First Aid support has been added to the mod in v 1.4 patch.

please note that you will want to either run Dapman AI First Aid support

or

slx_anim_injured

slx_wounds

slx_wounds_ais

but not both, as they conflict, your game wont crash if you run both, but you will get some odd AI behavior,

and some joined features that may or may not work properly, use at your own discretion.

================

Other Projects

In other news the following projects for the WarMod series are next on my agenda:

-Patch CoWarModACE

-Patch COWarModI44

-Get COWarMod, ACE, and I44 versions on Six updater, and playwith 6

=============

Any questions, or problems, please let me know!

Ive got a quick question regarding the tactical flashlight. I tried the example mission that is given and that works all well in good for attaching it, but how do you turn it on? I'm also using it with ACE and currently have been having issues that i can't seem to get an answer too with getting the self interaction menu for ACE to work. Is it turned on through there? If so, than that makes sense but if not, I'd love to know. Thanks.

I have adobe acrobat 7.0 so it allows me to convert existing documents to pdf. I had installed it Thursday and was looking at it, even converted one readme just

to see how it would work, and theres a bit to it than just creating readmes

Sure is :)

If you have time I suspect most users would appreciate internal hyperlinks between relevant sections - e.g., from the initial listing (index) to each specific mod, & cross-references to issues such as incompatible options (e.g., DAPMAN & SLX_wounds).

& thanks for the update mate, much appreciated :D

Hi Genpatton043

but how do you turn it on?

Same way you turn the car lights on, with the default key--> L

turns off the same way.

I'm also using it with ACE and currently have been having issues that i can't seem to get an answer too with getting the

self interaction menu for ACE to work. Is it turned on through there?

Are you using COWarMod with ACE?, or are you using my COWarModACE compatible version which I hope you are using.

If you have time I suspect most users would appreciate internal hyperlinks between relevant sections - e.g., from the initial listing (index)

to each specific mod, & cross-references to issues such as incompatible options (e.g., DAPMAN & SLX_wounds).

& thanks for the update mate, much appreciated

Your welcome Orcinus. Thing is with the pdf, I'd have to sit down and learn how to do it, and right now Im not really interested in doing it,

as i'd rather update the other 2 CWM compatible versions and then get them all on SU and PW6.

If you would be interested in creating a pdf readme system for COWarMod,I would be indebt to you.

As for me the part I dont care for much about updating mod in the WarMod series mostly CoWarMod nowadays , lol is updating, and building

readmes, its tedious, boring, and its one of the biggest reasons it takes me so long just to get updates out.

For me with my testing experience and familiarity of all these mods since 2009, it takes me very little time to test each mod individually,

and then test the mod in whole to see whats working and whats not.

I'd prefer to have someone else build the readmes if i could get someone to, as I'd rather not do it to a point, but they need

to be streamlined maybe and basically updated, and or made and added.

==========

UPDATE - Conflict found!

COWarMod v 1.4 conflict found with COWarMod v 1.3

I had discovered a conflict between 2 mods.

v 1.4 adds the scopefx to the existing CWM full version

1.3 which has TGW Zeroing already in it.

When you apply v 1.4 and then play there is a feature without scopefx that TGW Zeroing adds which is the feature to adjust the range of your shots,

it will give a default number for specific weapons, so for example a default range for the m240 machine gun is 300m.

With Scope fx it is overwritten and instead you get like a snipers elevation sites towards the middle right of the screen,

from there using the same buttons you used to adjust the gun sites range.

So if you want the Scopefx features, then remove this file:

tgw_zeroing.pbo

If you want the tgw zerioing feature with the range numbers under the weapon switching at the top right of the screen then remove:

Scopefx.pbo

You decide but you cant have both, Scopefx makes tgw zeroing not work.

================

Hi Genpatton043

Same way you turn the car lights on, with the default key--> L

turns off the same way.

Are you using COWarMod with ACE?, or are you using my COWarModACE compatible version which I hope you are using.

Your welcome Orcinus. Thing is with the pdf, I'd have to sit down and learn how to do it, and right now Im not really interested in doing it,

as i'd rather update the other 2 CWM compatible versions and then get them all on SU and PW6.

If you would be interested in creating a pdf readme system for COWarMod,I would be indebt to you.

As for me the part I dont care for much about updating mod in the WarMod series mostly CoWarMod nowadays , lol is updating, and building

readmes, its tedious, boring, and its one of the biggest reasons it takes me so long just to get updates out.

For me with my testing experience and familiarity of all these mods since 2009, it takes me very little time to test each mod individually,

and then test the mod in whole to see whats working and whats not.

I'd prefer to have someone else build the readmes if i could get someone to, as I'd rather not do it to a point, but they need

to be streamlined maybe and basically updated, and or made and added.

==========

UPDATE - Conflict found!

COWarMod v 1.4 conflict found with COWarMod v 1.3

I had discovered a conflict between 2 mods.

v 1.4 adds the scopefx to the existing CWM full version

1.3 which has TGW Zeroing already in it.

When you apply v 1.4 and then play there is a feature without scopefx that TGW Zeroing adds which is the feature to adjust the range of your shots,

it will give a default number for specific weapons, so for example a default range for the m240 machine gun is 300m.

With Scope fx it is overwritten and instead you get like a snipers elevation sites towards the middle right of the screen,

from there using the same buttons you used to adjust the gun sites range.

So if you want the Scopefx features, then remove this file:

tgw_zeroing.pbo

If you want the tgw zerioing feature with the range numbers under the weapon switching at the top right of the screen then remove:

Scopefx.pbo

You decide but you cant have both, Scopefx makes tgw zeroing not work.

================

Thank you so much for working so hard to keep this excellent mod so current.

Hi Gunter,

When I updated ScopeFX to v1.12, I tried it with TGW Zeroing and all seemed ok. I checked a few of the weapons and the TGW modified zeroing was working with the ScopeFX zeroing display.

There shouldn't be anything in the mod that overwrites the default zeroing values in Arma, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

I've just gone in and checked the MP5s and M240 but could not see any problems. Maybe I'm not getting it, can you expand on it for me pls?

Hi Das Attorney,

Before I released, during my tests, I noticed that the range numbers were missing, the tests were with just the new updates together, and then complete integrated in the mod.

After i released, i had went to work last night and was thinking about some aspects of the mod that i thought might have conflicted, off the top of my head I remember this situation,

so what i did was put tgw zeroing in a mod folder by itself, using this command line:

E:\Games\Arma2\arma2oa.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@test

to make sure i had the correct addon, and then just basically had a test mission on the desert map with just a player and an ammo box of weapons,

the zeroing number for ranges show np under the weapon modes at the top right of the screen.

I tested all the weapons for Bluefor ammo box, and then I tested all the weapons for OPFOR, i get the same results for all.

When I added scopefx, (same command line) files are now:

scopefx

scopefx.pbo.HORDE.bisign

tgw_zeroing

tgw_zeroing.pbo.TGW_Zeroing.bisign

I did the same test, the range numbers are missing and just the scopefx features show, the only range adjustm3ent seen is the elevation knob

seen on scope from scopefx, I can adjust and change the range via my zeroing up , and zeroing down keys listed in the controls of the game.

IDK Das Attorney, the tgw zeriong dont work for me, at least the part with the range numbers under the top right where you switch weapons,

and fire mode, and I didn't change anything in th userconfig, my CBA files are latest via SU, I normally launch the game manually, from a shortcut.

If those two files are working for you then i really dont see how they are, with just twg zeroing and scopefx alone.

I'm not runnign any betsas, I just have the latest patch, and Arma2CO, nothing special.

Can anyone else confirm that these 2 files are not working together, when you test the listed files above alone together by themselves outside COWarMod?

Thank you so much for working so hard to keep this excellent mod so current.

Your welcome, although there is sometimes a waiting time for mods to update, and theres not much I can do other then maybe test, but if anyone runs

into bugs or issues then I can always update the mod via feedback. there is however a new update for the mod, one of the mods in v 1.4 just updates again:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17943

Günter

Thank you. Yes. The "L" key was it. As for using the mod in ACE, I am indeed using the ACE version of the COWarMod for it. The conflict with the interaction menu in ACE isn't related to the COWarMod tho. The issue exists even if the ACE Mod(s) are the only mods I am using. I'm not even able to see what keys are which in the settings let alone change any of them. They all appear as blank white boxes. Its beyond odd. But, at least this works so there is one small victory. =P

Good deal Genpatton043.

A suggestion for the ACE issue would be to just run ACE by itself and see if ti works like its supposed to then test with the COWarModACE version.

The 1.4 patch is specially for COWarMod itself, not meant for COWarModACE or CoWarModI44. It would probably work np, but I need to test those

versions to make sure there are no conflicts anywhere.

In COWarModACE alone there were many conflicts, as well as things not working, and being overwritten,

so as you can see the list of files removed was large,but not as big as it was for the I44 version.

If you have any questions, or feedback, bug reports regarding the COWarModACe version then please use the COWarModACE thread here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137766-COWarModACE-Release-thread

=============

Current project - SixUpdater & Play with 6

Currently I'm working on getting COWarMod on the Six updater,a dn play with 6 network for you guys, I actually just got my Playw6 to

work as it would not start, now its working np.

I'm learning the various features, and would hope to have everything sorted, and COWarMod on both

networks sometime this week or on the weekend.

Any tips, thoughts, or things i need to know for these please do let me know.

========

Also any bugs found, or problems with the patch v 1.4 please ask, there are a few files that you guys need to decide on what you want so

I'd hope that everyone that has the patch understands the options available to them.

I did the same test, the range numbers are missing and just the scopefx features show, the only range adjustm3ent seen is the elevation knob

seen on scope from scopefx, I can adjust and change the range via my zeroing up , and zeroing down keys listed in the controls of the game.

Okay cool, well that's what I wanted to happen. The idea was to display the zeroing range on the 'turret picture' and I deleted the standard zeroing "green writing" in the top right hand corner of the screen. (So that you can still check zeroing when zoomed into a scope).

If you would like to put it back to Arma 2 defaults, change the following in the userconfig from this:

/////////////////////
//		     //
// ZEROING OVERLAY //
//			     //
/////////////////////

// If set to 0 then disable ScopeFX Zeroing UI

horde_tir_allow_zeroing = 1;

// uncomment if not using the ScopeFX Zeroing UI

//#define horde_tir_show_arma2_default_zeroing

To this:

/////////////////////
//		             //
// ZEROING OVERLAY //
//			     //
/////////////////////

// If set to 0 then disable ScopeFX Zeroing UI

horde_tir_allow_zeroing = 0;

// uncomment if not using the ScopeFX Zeroing UI

#define horde_tir_show_arma2_default_zeroing

Does that help you out at all?

Dammit, i did reply like 20 min after you posted, but something was wrong, after that i couldn't get back on the forums for the life of me.

Anyways now that it seems the forums straightened themselves out, the next day :j: does the zeroing work at all when scopefx are enabled?

I mean to ask, should I keep the tgw zeroing, and just have it as an option for users to customize their game with it?

I prefer scopefx tbh I really like what you did, and enjoy the elevation pic that comes up, amazing work you did overall! ;)

Update:

COWarMod Full version 1.4 is released.

i decided to update the full version of the mod to 1.4, this would be full v 1.2 patched to v 1.3, and then patched to v 1.4

In the recent patch I released there were a few things to take note of such as the new addition blastcore for Arma2, well currently in CWM there is the OA version,

so you cannot use both, either one or the other.

then there was the SMK animation, in 1.4 there is a lite version of the mod, so like above if you wanted to use the lite version then you need to run only one version.

there were also several files that needed to be removed, so i felt that for some people it might be tedious to have to do all this stuff.

Problem with patching my mods is, fi there is an actual fix to anything in the mod like an updated file, then its easy to patch, same for updating existing mods.

but if a bug, or problem file is discovered then manually it has to be removed.

I hope this full version will be fun for you guys, as well as a bit easier in terms of you guys not having to do anything but install it.

COWarMod Full v 1.4 should be on Play with 6 soon btw, once I get word then I will post s link, or let you guys know.

Any questions let me know.

Love the mod in exception to two details:

1. All Around Defense; F1 and Q are default keys in userconfig, yes I've changed them but defaults don't make sense.

2. Big issue is that I can't figure out what mod(s) cause the AI to (by default) only occupy passenger seats when ordered to enter a vehicle. It's really annoying to F1 get in bradley driver, F2 get in bradley gunner, etc. A massive pain in playing warfare or with AI.

Hi zorrobyte

1. All Around Defense; F1 and Q are default keys in userconfig, yes I've changed them but defaults don't make sense.

I didn't make ARD so what do you want me to do about it? Best tell Das Attorney--> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?111092-All-Round-Defence

2. Big issue is that I can't figure out what mod(s) cause the AI to (by default) only occupy passenger seats when ordered to enter a vehicle.

It's really annoying to F1 get in bradley driver, F2 get in bradley gunner, etc. A massive pain in playing warfare or with AI.

You can specifically tell them to get into a specific spot, by pressing the F key for the Ai unit you want, and then go to 4, and choose the spot for them.

But overall that issue has nothing to do with COWarMod, like vanilla the AI will get into the driver position if you point at the Bradley.

in case of Warfare, I have no idea, Warfare is a heavily scripted mission and I've warned in the past to users using COWarMod with Warfare,

all i can suggest is do what i said above and tell the Ai to go to a specific spot via 4 key.

I installed COWarMod 1.4 today and enjoyed all of the fixes, but it is very demanding on my PC.

Do you have any tips/recommendations on mods that I can remove to get better FPS?

Hi Leaulux,

Yes i do agree with you it is demanding, but then I'm sure your pc is better then mine, so it all depends on how you play the game,

if you are playing with a heavily scripted mission then removing some of the AI addons/mods may help.

Although if you remove some of the good ones like ASRAI, SLX, and tpwcas then the game in terms of AI response is reduced quite a bit.

What i'd suggest is reviewing the All features list readme located here:

@COWarMod\Documentation\FEATURES\All features list

and reviewing the list for addons and mods you know your not going to play with or are interesting in using in your game, as everyone plays their game differently.

In general certain files can add to the lag and are some i'd recommend removing:

StaticsVisibleAtDistance

tpwcas -(awesome AI mod) but up to you if you want to remove it, it may cause lag in your game, but removing it also dumbs the AI down.

slx_Suppression_Effects -(not really needed if you have the above, actually forgot to remove this, as tpwcas has suppression effects)

slx_ai

slx_ai_diff_armor_balance

slx_ai_difficulties

slx_ai_dodge

slx_ai_identify

slx_ai_noautoengage

slx_ai_spawnskill

slx_ai_steering

slx_aiskill

SLX_ExplosionDust: Makes explosion dust last longer based on the size of the explosion.

SLX_GunSmoke: Gun smoke effects based on real life footage and personal experience.

SLX_Impacts: Bullet impact effects based on real life footage and personal experience.

SLX_Wounds: Based on real life footage and statistics (W. E. Fairbairn, FBI, police, thehighroad.org, etc).

Dependencies: SLX_NetCode, SLX_Shout (you could remove this but i'd reccomend replace SLX_wounds with AI First Aid Support

inf_stealth_recognition - (AI addon)

ASRAI

JTD FireAndSmoke - ( this will kill your fps if you have alot of burning wrecks, or burning, or smoking things, review the userconfig for this

and reduce whatever necessary, but removing this should up your FPS)

=============

Also for mission you build theres couple of things I'd highly recommend:

1. a Delete Dead bodies and destroyed vehicles script

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?124600-delete-dead-vehicles&p=2016996#post2016996

2. a caching script if you have alot of Ai but you dont want to remove any:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10102 or http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8544

=========

keep in mind that alot of AI, dead AI, burning and smoking vehicles, dust ect, as well as alot of script runnign and or initializing cause the lag.

============

hope that helps.

Any further questions dont hesitate to ask.

Excellent, so what did you remove and or do?,

so others with a similar concern can do the same.

I removed everything except SLX, ASR-AI and tpwcas.

Essentially, I just wanted to keep the AI Fixes.

------------

My specs are

GTX 260 SLI Nvidia

I7 920 Quad Core

6GB Ram

(About time for me to get a new PC!)

With your specs you should have no problems running the mod, i usually dont and my specs are:

AMD single core 2.8

Geforce GTX 285

2GB Ram

750W PSU

I use all lowest settings, except for shadow set to normal, and I use the FXaa for sharpening, and I have 1600x900 res.

But most missions I play are relatively small. So when you said you removed everything, you removed the few in the list, or the whole mod but those few Ai files?