Your Welcome Kyle, any future questions dont hesitate to ask.

@doveman

yes remove the file if its spamming, the file will be

slx_melee

slx_melee_give

they should be ok in sp.

Mod update

As far as the tpwc_ai_suppress mod, yes if you can update it on your own do so,

because Im not going to upload a 1.10 gig mod for 1 update, it takes to much time.

So for those that have no clue on what were talking about, this mod:

TPWC AI suppression system (TPWCAS)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

has been updated, just download the updated version and then move the userconfig and the addons

to their proper places, and you should be asked if you want to overwrite, just say yes.

Look in the customization folder under Ai enhancement, and try it out, It might have been updated already, but I didn't add it,

i did test it, and I forget what the results were but like some mods like ESS I left up to you.

any other questions, reports, est,. please post your reply.

Hi again Gunter -whenever i choose the civilian interaction module a black hawk appears and kills all my zombies -and another thing i would really like to get rid of those balloons from tpwc_ai_suppress_206 or something :) i found the config file but still dont know how to remove them ,they`re killing me .I just updated the files as you said above now we`ll see what happens.

The balloons seem to be gone with the updated files -i don`t know if it`s just me ,i`ll test them some more .

Edited by SopmodJack

Hi SopmodJack

whenever i choose the civilian interaction module a black hawk appears and kills all my zombies

As i had said in the disclaimer, the mod works fine on its own but other mods can and may possibly make it better or worse,

or crash your game results may vary, so test it with CoWarMod by itself and then report.

and another thing i would really like to get rid of those balloons from tpwc_ai_suppress_206 or something

please read back a page this has already been asked.

i found the config file but still dont know how to remove them

ok the version currently in the mod is beta, the latest release I think is a reg version, but in the userconfig look for the code:

folder address:

Arma2\userconfig\TPWC_AI_SUP

//DEBUGGING. WILL DISPLAY RED BALLS OVER ANY SUPPRESSED UNITS. SET TO 1 FOR DEBUGGING

tpwcas_debug = 0;make that 0 at the end a 1, and then save , and close.

The balloons seem to be gone with the updated files -i don`t know if it`s just me ,i`ll test them some more .

The updated version was beta, meant for testing, the balloons were there to give feedback as to show whether the AI was being suppressed or not,

so you can report your findings on the thread for that mod, but with the new version they shouldn't be there as the mod is now a stable functioning version.

I've yet to still play with my mod, but til i upgrade I only get 5 min at a time otherwise the cpu overheats, so I play WarMod v 1.5 with Arma1 instead.

Any other questions, and Im not here my secretary Orcinus :p will take your call, :D

Thanks Gunter ,with the updated files the balloons are gone :) i`ll test the civiian interaction module again just with cowarmod.

Maaaan reinstalling Arma 1 is tempting i want to try the warmod on it .

yes remove the file if its spamming, the file will be

slx_melee

slx_melee_give

they should be ok in sp.

Thanks.

Look in the customization folder under Ai enhancement, and try it out, It might have been updated already, but I didn't add it,

i did test it, and I forget what the results were but like some mods like ESS I left up to you.

I don't see any sign of TPWLOS in COWarMod (perhaps you added it to Full, I'm using CL). The filename of the one I downloaded is tpw_ai_los_102.pbo.

@Doveman, ya its in the full version only.

@jetlinerx what are you having trouble with?

Thanks Gunter,

I came across this AH6 Little Bird HUD mod and wondered if that would be a good one to use with COWarMod or if it already has something similar: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13132

I'm also wondering whether Aircraft HUD http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93305-AircraftHUD-AH-64D-MFD-IHADSS-HMD-TADS (included in COWarMod) is a good mod to use. As much as I love it, it hasn't been updated since 2010 and on that thread it lists some Limitations:

Limitations:

•FLIR: Unfortunately the HWM FLIR system from Arma 1 was not compatible with Arma 2, so the BIS FLIR technique was used instead. A better system probably won't be attempted due to the upcoming release of OA.

•Targeting: Arma 2 is still lacking some commands from the wishlist like: lockedTarget, turretLockedOn & turretLockOn; making the development of a better targeting system too difficult.

•Warnings: Incoming Missile warning only operates while IHADSS is active (either monocle or DTV).

•Targets: The Radar does not auto refresh targets. You need to refresh by viewing Targets page again.

•Laser Designator: The CPG does not currently have access to the laser designator, even though he should. Hopefully, this may be fixed in future.

The question is whether OA has been patched to make it better in some respects without this mod than with it. I probably don't know how to use it properly yet but I was having a play yesterday and couldn't get my missles to hit the target I'd laser targeted and they would just come down (I had them set to Top Attack) some distance away from the target. That might be an issue with the bd_hellfire mod rather than Aircraft_HUD mod though.

Hi doveman,

the littlebird hud mod I did not include originally in v 1.0 or initial release of the mod because I never was able to get permission for it, more like a response, so I left it out.

The bd_hellfire works if you go into auto hover, put the thing on laser site, and then freelook, the hellfires will go where ever that laser is looking.

Refer to this page on my site for more info on how to use the feature:

http://warmod.webs.com/bdhellfire.htm

To know for sure is to test with vanilla and then with the mod if you want to know if the game itself has fixed anything via the patches.

Just so you guys know, as mentioned I will release an update for CWM when ASR gets updated, and any other mod, this would included the suppression mod.

This probably will be my last update after this one for COWarMod as Arma3 is right around the corner here, unless someone releases something cool,

or suggests some other mod, or mods I can update.

Thanks Gunter,

If the mod creators don't get back to you, there's obviously not much you can do. I'll take a look at that mod anyway.

With the bd_hellfire, I'd read all the instructions before but was still doing it wrong! I was lasing a target, then switching to Hellfire and firing it, when it seems you have to stay on Laser, left-click so it says "Target" (might not be necessary but seems like it probably would) and either fire the Hellfire from the Action menu or by pressing R (that's bound to countermeasures as well though, so I'll have to see about changing that, I'd rather change the Fire Hellfire key to something else but I don't think that's possible).

I can hit a lased target with Direct Attack now, but Top Attack still sends the missle flying off in completely the wrong direction and crashing down on some random target!

Just downloaded this, COWarmod, and have a question after pouring over what's what, picking out the bits I didn't want/need, etc. In the customization section there are some word files for SLX. One says files not included (but present in the various customization SLX sub folders), and another with files included.

However, nearly all the "optional" not included files are indeed in the primary addons folder by default(Dodge, wounds, etc). Haven't gone through all the documentation yet, but wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any conflict with those present (pulled some out already, just by preference (SLX_Dodge for example).

Thanks, and thanks for putting the package together.

*poked through the thread, looks like it's simply because it was the full package. Downloaded the "light" version and see that it matches those readme's included/not included in addons by default lists.

Edited by Baron von Beer

You don't like SLX_dodge? I use it with findcover, noautoengage, orc-SLX_wounds (plus the obligatory cloud, netcode & shout) & also asr_ai 1.16 beta1, tpw_LOS 102, TPW_AI_Suppression v3.01 & get the best firefights ever.

Try it. I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Is anyone getting freezes, or freezing, or crashes, or errors when they run the latest full version of COWarMod?

I was just reviewing the site stats on my website which lists who connected to my site, and what they are searching for,

and I had one person searching for answers to the mod freezing, this I'm assuming is because hes using the 1st released version of 1.2

when it wouldn't launch because of the 3 files that required the hpp.

But on my end the game runs fine, i am assuming COWarMod Full v 1.2 is working for everyone, any errors, or problems, please let me know

i cannot help you if you dont take the time to ask.

If you have a question it may have been answered already, see the FAQ on my website:

http://warmod.webs.com/apps/faq/

if your question or issue isn't there then please ask here.

Most issues or problems with COWarMod is a simple fix, or a matter of removing a mod, or getting info on something you may not understand,

but please keep in mind that CoWarMod is a complete customizable mod, so what you download is not the final product if you will, you can change it.

Any idea what might be causing the top attack mode for hellfires (BD_Hellfire) to not be functioning properly? Tried removing the ICE MFD mod just to see, but no dice. Using direct fire mode works fine, but top attack, it's wildly random where the missile actually lands. Usually seems to be hitting 100-300m (random direction) off the lase point. This is at 1km distance. Only fired once at 2km, and it fell 500m short of the lase point. Fired 36 missiles, only 1 was within 5m of the target point. :( Running BD_Hellfire outside this pack works no issue.

Missile performance mod not playing nice with it maybe?

Post your RPt, sometimes the RPT will list errors, or conflicts, or other things that could be key to the problem.

On another note the only mod I can think of that could conflict is:

glt_realairweapons.pbo

(improves all Air-to-Air aswell as Ground-to-Air weapons)

remove the glt_realairweapons.pbo and see if that makes any difference.

I'll ask Myke about it and see what he says,hes the author of that mod btw.

Thanks for reporting Baron, this also has been mentioned by

doveman on the previous page.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Yep, that's the culprit. Pulled glt_realairweapons and 8 of 8 hit the rock I was lasing. Faaar from a scripting expert, but skimming through the top attack function in BD_Hellfire it probably needs to be recalibrated to account for the corrected/reduced speeds in the GLT pack since it's script controlled up until the descent, likely not reaching the intended attitude & position relative to the target when it reverts to simulation control.

Edited by Baron von Beer

Good Deal my hunches were correct.

As far as BD Hellfire you may want to report your findings or insights to Big Dawg KS for his mod, here is his thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103458-OA-BD-Hellfire-1-0

I will update my faq on my website with our findings, thank you for reporting, it will help others with the same issue.

Günter, here's what will fix this. I'd upload a file but I'm not sure what method is best for you/permitted; to add these paramaters in the GLT's hellfire entry, change the values in BD_Hellfire, or a make a separate file only containing the M_Hellfire_AT ammocfg entry and these values.

Big Dawg KS had 3 values added to the ammocfg entry the top attack function uses, added to the config so addon makers can add the entries and use whatever values for their particular missile to work as desired. If used without BD, the entries would simply be ignored, so BD isn't required by an addon that includes them.

After testing, the default values included in BD_Hellfire when used with GLT_Realmissiles results in a minimum range of ~1.4km, @ 50m altitude. Closer and it loses it's lock and the missiles land with random dispersion depending on their attitude when they terminate the climb. When run without GLT_Realmissiles, the minimum range is ~400m at that altitude. These values will produce roughly that same engagement envelope, 50m alt, ~400m min range.

Just add these to M_Hellfire_AT using whichever method you like, if you chose to add a fix in your mod collection.

BD_climbAngle = 18;

BD_climbMaxAlt = 60;

BD_climbTargetDistanceMultiplier = 0.25;

Default values were 30, 60 & 0.3 (max climb angle, max alt missile will climb, and %distance to target missile will end climb, latter 2 are ceiling values, if reached missile levels and begins descent. Issue was stock missile traveled so fast that it would reach % to target before entering too steep a climb to break lock. With the corrected, slower Hellfires, they would reach a much steeper climb and lose lock unless the target was quite far (1.4km vs 0.4km default.) Now they climb roughly the same height & angle as they did at stock speed, and get roughly the same min range limitation.

Edited by Baron von Beer

Wonderful, very nice,

ya I'll release and update fix just for the mod, I will let Big Dawg know, but I changed the numbers in the bd_hellfire\fnc,

and then I wanted to ask do we need to adjust anything under the script TopAttack?

ok.

Question for you this is pertaining to COSLX by whihc is also in COWarMod, but a file called SLX_VehicleEffects is not in the mod as when theres

choppers ingame with this file the mod will crash, might be other stuff to it but is it possible to fix this file so that it does not do this anymore?

last question, is there a way to create a userconfig to turn on and or off, and or adjust certain features in SLX_wounds.pbo?

Is anyone getting freezes, or freezing, or crashes, or errors when they run the latest full version of COWarMod?

I was just reviewing the site stats on my website which lists who connected to my site, and what they are searching for,

and I had one person searching for answers to the mod freezing, this I'm assuming is because hes using the 1st released version of 1.2

when it wouldn't launch because of the 3 files that required the hpp.

But on my end the game runs fine, i am assuming COWarMod Full v 1.2 is working for everyone, any errors, or problems, please let me know

i cannot help you if you dont take the time to ask.

Hi Gunter

I'm finding when starting a mission the game is freezing for a few seconds near the start (i.e if I'm in a helo, I start the engines and before I take off it will just lock up for a bit), which I didn't have before but I need to test some more to be sure it's COWarMod. I'm using the CL version but did the fix for those 3 files.

I was playing some LAN missions with my friend yesterday (both PC's with COWarMod) and we both experienced bad lagging/jerkiness. We tried a few missions and I think they all had issues, like objectives missing so we couldn't complete and other wierd things happening. I was using a few other mods including JSRS, which requires CBA, so it may have been due to that rather than COWarMod. It's rather frustrating using mods with Arma as I seem to keep running into mission breaking bugs and there doesn't seem to be any way to know if a mission's going to work with mods until it's too late but I'm not saying it's COWarMod's fault (I first experienced broken missions using mods when I was playing the official campaign, when I wasn't using COWarMod). I didn't do any proper diagnostics as I was trying to find something we could just play but I think I tried without any AI mods (I have those in a separate @ folder, so easy to disable).

I'll try and do some more "proper" testing when I get a chance, using just COWarMod (with and without the AI mods).

Nice to see you and Baron von Beer have found a fix for the bd_hellfire Top Attack bug :)

Hi doveman sorry for the late reply.

As you had suggested the best thing to do is to run COWarMod by itself and see if you still get the issue, also run the vanilla game

by itself, same scenario and everything, to see if its not the vanilla game acting weird.

Also be sure that if your running any beta patches that its not the beta patches, so run COWarMod with just 1.60.

What AI mods did you to your game?

I might be able to give you an idea if any one of them are causing the issue.

BD Hellfire inaccurate top attack issue

Also for those having issues with BD Hellfire fro the top attack, where the hellfire is landing 50-300m of the lase point here is a fixed version of BD Hellfire,

just put it in the @COWarMod addons folder and it will ask you if you wish to overwrite, just say yes.

This file will basically make compatible BD Hellfire with GLT RAW, and will make the top attack mode be accurate.

DOWNLOAD the Patch

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/BD%20Hellfire%20Fix.rar

any questions let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

any questions let me know.

Er, is it me or is the patch file empty? :(