JetlinerX,

I haven't notice a drop in frame rate (yet). I'll play with Fraps activated and if I observe anything strange, i'll post again.

Yeah, noticing it with the large scale warfare missions. The two I've tried are "War Welcome" and a my favorite custom missions "Flashpoint Chernaurus/Takistan."

I hope I can keep these without a performance hit, I am loving them!!! D:

Only frame rate drop i noticed is with the TPWC_AI_SUP and Ai stuff added, its the Ai.

What you expect from Warafre, that mission alone without the mod is laggy for me,

try a mission in the editor you made and the post your results, as thats how I test, mod runs good for me and I have a single core cpu.

as for the bubble above the AI's head, i thought i turned that off, maybe not but go into the userconfig and find this folder TPWC_AI_SUP

inside it is a hpp, open that and look for this line

//DEBUGGING. WILL DISPLAY RED BALLS OVER ANY SUPPRESSED UNITS. SET TO 1 FOR DEBUGGING

tpwcas_debug = 0;

any questions let me know.

Alos I just submitted a new link to Armaholic for the full version.

Keep me posted on how the mod runs and goes for you.

As far as I know there should only be 3 errors in the RPT:

ASR_AI

SMK head bob thing

inf_stealth_recognition\config.cpp

I cant make a mission to save my life so I can't do too much testing there, and I usually only play the Warfare and Flashpoint missions so... hm. I would say that the fire and smoke mod is what gives it the frame loss... I mean, after all, this was taken from my most recent battle, and all this MUST be resource intensive...

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll58/FSpilotSlade/Image2-1.jpg (154 kB)

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll58/FSpilotSlade/Image1-2.jpg (192 kB)

If JTD is in there then yeah, that can really kill framerate. Looks cool, though. :D

@JetlinerX

go into the userconfig and find the folder JTD

inside the folder is this file:

JTD_FireAndSmoke_config

look for the codes below in the config:

//Forest Fire enable - true = enable forest fires, false = disable forest fires

#define JTD_ForestFireEnabled true

//Forest fire maximum concurrent fires allowed.

#define JTD_MaxFires 25

if you want forest fiers then leave the config alone, if not then make it say false,

for the 2nd one reduce that number to like 5 or 10 and then test, still not good enough then reduce it to 1

Lastly lots of AI and a ton of fire and smoke will cause lag, you dont need my mod to have that, but try to avoid

crashing a plane into forests, or blowing up every vehicle on the map at once.

adjusts the userconfig and see if that helps.

alot of mods have userconfigs, thats why their there, adjust the settings as necessary,

remember CoWarMod and any version of WarMod in the series is customizable, and adjustable to fit how you play, nothing is set in stone.

If your unsure on what to adjust, or what mod does this or that, then review the readmes included, or refer to my website for the mod your

playing with and or ask me here if your stumped, I know most of these mods very well since I been working with them alot over the past 2 years,

so I can give you a definitive answer, of course may depend on things but you;'ll get an answer none the less.

Anyone care to make a nice vid for cwm, something cool to showcase the mod?

I tried before but it takes me forever plus my single core isn't up to the task of making the game look good.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Alrighty, I will test all that out. Also, I make videos for a living if you want me to give it a shot, I can make you a nice video. :)

Ya that be great, something to demonstrate the various features of the mod, or even just a cool trailer intro vid for the mod would be great, I'd appreciate it.

COWarModACE

Once folks get their hands on the full version then if you guys want the ace compatible version of the mod then head over to the ace compatible thread

and report what results your getting for me with ACE, follow the directions on that thread for testing.

Link is in my sig.

Any issues, or questions with CWM then post your reply.

Also thanks to Paul for making a $10 donation on my website, that has given me 2+ months of not having to pay website subscription fees,

thank you very much that really helped me out!

Wait, this isn't ACE compatible? Its working perfectly on my end with ACE... minus the frame drop, but I am about to test the new JTD settings.

Also, I am gona PM you about the vid. I have a few questions.

No this isn't ACE compatible, theres quite a few addons and mods in CWM that will conflict, you may not get bugs as in errors popping up on the screen,

but there are some features in ACE not doing what they are supposed to.

If you want to test with ACE then use the ACE thread for CWM for reporting, link in my sig. Theres a list of files there that will and do conflict remove those and then test, were trying

to find all the bugs seen and unseen, try all the ace stuff you know.

I normally dont play with ACE so folks that do would have a better Idea on what features they could test to see if things are working as they should.

The ACe compatible version is still WIP, but review the instructions I have posted there, and then test various features,

and give me feedback on how ACE is running with CWM.

i got your pm thanks.

Performance issues solved: I had overlapping mods. I had SMK, Blastcore, and many other AI mods that were already included in COWarMod, that when they tried to read eachother at the same time, it slowed down my game. So I guess it's lookin good now! BACK TO VIDEO EDITING! ;)

I had overlapping mods. I had SMK, Blastcore, and many other AI mods that were already included in COWarMod

So you had those mods running outside of COWarMod and then were running them again with COWarMod in the target line.

I can def see how you'd get lag from that, but I know for sure JTD and AI mods will lag your game if your computer cant handle it, I Know mine cant,

i dream the day when I actually have a dual core, or quad core, something other then a single core, Im so used to crap I know what good is anymore.

Also thanks to Paul for making a $10 donation on my website, that has given me 2+ months of not having to pay website subscription fees,

thank you very much that really helped me out!

For all the work you put into this mod $10 is no skin off my teeth :p

First of all thank you for compiling this great mod.

I have a simple yet complicated question.

We - my mates and I - just play for fun. we appreciate realism to some extent, but we do not play to simulate what we experience everyday in the outside world. What we want to know: How would we prevent the mod from hiding all the text-info arma usually gives away? is there an easy way?

Thanks Savage for your Donation its very much appreciated, whats really great is freewebs the host'ers of my site are having a discount thing for so many days so

instead of the normal $4.95 a month for a subscription it was $3.33, so I got a nice jump ahead on the subscription, now Im good to go til Fall.

Idea

I been pondering an idea and I'm wondering if you guys would be up for it and maybe i should have done this sooner, but i was thinking for those who donate

to my site would get a link to download whatever version of mod everyone's is waiting for, but basically you'd get to download the mod when Im done with it and a link from me instead of waiting for Armaholic to release it which is when the community basically gets it. SO the only requirement i'd ask for that is at least a $1 donation and what mod your waiting for that you'd want.

your thoughts on that.

Only things left that im working, and will be working on is:

WarMod v 1.5 for Arma1

COWarModACE Compatible version 1.0 for Arma2CO

A2WarMod v 1.5 for Arma2

all for now unless someone gives me a good idea on what I can make or do, or update.

Its cheap but for the site you get alot fo what you pay for. I have alot of things to do with the site yet, especially for the COWarMod section of the site,

still more to update yet, but i been working on WarMod for Arma1 the original mod that started it all ;)

How would we prevent the mod from hiding all the text-info arma usually gives away? is there an easy way?

Hi Adger refer to the readmes included with the mod that I had spent probably more time on then the mod itself but follow this folder address:

@COWarMod\Documentation\FEATURES\FEATURES by SUBJECT\UI, Hud, & Gear -(readme)

in the UI, Hud, & Gear readme theres a list of mods in CoWarMod, each file listed is the actual name of the mod in the @COWarMod addons folder (if you have the full version).

The name of the mod should give you a rough idea of what it does.

For every name there is a corresponding description of what that file/mod does, your answer is in that list.

Now i can easily tell you what mods you need to remove to get the text info back but I need more details on what exactly you want showing for you when you play.

The included readmes are there for a reason which im sure you can understand that even though im on the forums here everyday and I can answer any question

you or anybody has I do suggest that you become familiar with the readmes of the mod that you would search to find the answers yourself.

theres really 2 main readmes that if you have questions about mod is the feature by subject section, and the All features readme list.

The All features readme is a listing of everymod in the main addons folder of CoWarMod, no matter if you have the Light version or the Full version of the mod.

lastly check out that readme and see if any of the mods and descriptions fit the criteria of what your trying to do, if so then find the file in the addons file and

then move it to the storage folder in the addons folder which will disable the mod and then see if you get what your looking for ingame.

If your still having trouble, then list what you want and i can tell you, I dont mean to put the work on you or anyone else or not give you the answer but please

understand writing 38 readmes was a real headache for me for this mod, and I did it twice for 2 versions, so im jsut saying use the documentation included, and again

if your still have no luck then give me an idea of what you want removed and I'll tell you.

Hope that helps.

Website update still WIP

For everyone's info I am still in the process of updating/creating the COWarMod section of the site to reflect whats in the readmes and in the mod overall,

still alot to do yet, i need to add to the "how to enable features section of the mod as well as there are some mods in the mod that you need to do certain things in order to use them.

But all documentation and instructions, features, how to ect,. are in the Documentations folder of the mod, if you guys are stumped please dont hesitate to ask me but do please try to review the readmes, I dont want to feel as if I spent those couple of months+ working on readmes and their design/layout for nothing, the shit is tedious/ arduous/ boring at times and monotonous of all things.

@SavageCDN

Hey Savage you have the full version of CWM, or the light version? Have you had the chance to test anything for the ACE compatible version ? if so let me know/report on the ACE thread for CWM.

WarMod v 1.5 for Arma1

Also Im possibly releasing WarMod v 1.5 this weekend which is the original WarMod for Arma1, the mod that started it all, it has SLX, ECP, and GL3, as well as a ton of other ausome mods in it

all working together, is it possible if I send you a draft of a readme you could create a pdf of it and add the links?

I still need to create a readme for it but currently Im doing some testing for the mod.

What version you guys want?

What versions of WarMod would you guys like to see can be for WarMod for Arma1 (maybe), A2WarMod, COWarMod, COSLX, thoughts,

let me know, then i can put in my list of projects to work on.

Thoughts, ideas, questions, let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Cool!

Looking forward to seeing what you have cooked up, as well as seeing my mod from a different perspective.

question for you, you play Arma1 at all?

I have WarMod for Arma1 which is the shit, its my original mod that started it all, i almost prefer playing it over COWarMod or any other version

i built its so ausome, but it could use an ausome vid for it, for me making a vid Im indecisive, I have o ideas on how to go about making a vid,

even though i have made them before, but I'd personally rather spend time on the mod itself, vids are time consuming to make and need alot

of creativity, plus i got alot of work on my hands already for the mods here and my website.

I've only played vanilla ArmA 1, long ago. I would LOVE to play it modded. I will gladly work on a video for it as well if you wish.

Ya that would be ausome as hell, of course I need to finish the mod up first and release it, im aiming for the coming weekend.

@SavageCDN

Hey Savage you have the full version of CWM, or the light version? Have you had the chance to test anything for the ACE compatible version ? if so let me know/report on the ACE thread for CWM.

WarMod v 1.5 for Arma1

Also Im possibly releasing WarMod v 1.5 this weekend which is the original WarMod for Arma1, the mod that started it all, it has SLX, ECP, and GL3, as well as a ton of other ausome mods in it

all working together, is it possible if I send you a draft of a readme you could create a pdf of it and add the links?

I still need to create a readme for it but currently Im doing some testing for the mod.

I have CWM full version 1.2 for testing with ACE but sorry I have not had any time yet this week to do so. I will have a few hours this weekend however and will review/post in the CWM ACE thread.

As for the readme files yes send me a draft and I'll pretty it up in PDF.

@Jetliner - looks great so far

@JetlinerX Looks scary i cant bare to watch :couch: will the helicopter be alright, lol your teasing me here. It'll be great!

I have CWM full version 1.2 for testing with ACE but sorry I have not had any time yet this week to do so.

No worries, when you get the chance this weekend will be fine, I had tested with the full version already without the files I listed

to remove and it runs pretty good, but I need someone who plays with ACE to test stuff I'd probable look over if you know what I mean.

As for the readme files yes send me a draft and I'll pretty it up in PDF.

Good deal, so far I have a permissions list, I got to build a features readme yet,installation, and something else probably a description, but thats about it,

but all in one readme, and then link it in an index, so you click on a subject and it takes you there. It will be small, but I will have my website updated for

the mod as well once I release it.

Video is just about ready, re-installed ArmA 1, and I am ready for that mod pack now too! :3

Good deal!

For WarMod for Arma1 it is still incomplete, I have a features readme to put together yet which Im working on atm, i need to update one file yet,

and then I will be sending the mod to SavageCDN where he will take all the readmes and condense them all into a pdf.

So either tomorrow or the weekend I'll send you a link to the mod, for everyone else they'll have o wait til Armaholic releases it.