Hi ChrisB thanks for your feedback,

That’s the great thing about your mod COWarMod, it gives players the chance to get straight in and use mods that they can be confident work together.

Yes much agreed, each version of WarMod in a way almost dont need to be tested as I have been finding other then a small few mods which

are found to be bugs and hard to discover, most of the mods work fairly well with each other.

I mean you can play for long hours and not get any issues, the mod in its current state is far better then where it was earlier, if not last year, and I have

not only from my own testing, and observation to thank, but the constant feedback players/fans of the mod have provided, reports on either bugs, or odd things

happening ingame has made the mod what it is right now.

I mean I have alot of you guys to thank, WarMod series being really a mere idea of mine and inspiration to change my own game

just putting all these great gameplay mods from the community in one mod, wouldn't have happened if it weren't for your guy's feedback and points, bug reports, questions, ideas, and insights.

the current version of COWarMod was a few months of discussion of ideas, on how to do this or that different and or better, only because

I'm not to proud and am open to your feedback on how to improve the mod, all in all considering I haven't seriously played any games in 2

months :j: i really built this version for you guys.

And thats another reason why I may come across as indecisive about the mod as Im really asking what do you want, what do you think

would work, but for me, i like to compare notes, and weigh the odds, based on past and present feedback, WarMod is the majority of the

community's work put into one place for you, ingame :)

Possibly in the overall scheme of things your mod could stand as the most important mod to use for the players who like to play more and test little.

Yes, testing has all been done for you guys, the work has been done, but along the way while ingame if you find something not working as it should or weird then

you/they can let me know and we can fix it if needbe, thats another thing about the mod, if the mod has a mod in it that is causing issues, we pull it out,

like Sar_Krik for example, it must of taken me 6 months just to discover that bug, of course it wasn't the only thing

I was focused on but the thing i it was discovered, noted and yanked.

One version would be enough and easier for you to keep at its pinnacle, rather than worrying regards running two,

I would have thought. Anyway your decision..

good point, having multiple version just adds more work, i think one major version is sufficient.

I'll release sometime today, you guys been waiting long enough. tpw and small team hes got goign over there on the Ai suppression thread,

lol has released the latest of what they got, I think i will just add what they have there and pack this thing up and send it out,

and then update CWM v 1.2 as mods get update with small patches.

I will expect some feedback and reports from you guys on the mod overall, once you do get it.

Lastly from my previous post, what are your guys thoughts on the numerical system setup in the readmes,

should alphabetical be sufficient or do you like the numerical addition too, either way both will help you get to the info for the file faster. let me know,

Numerical yes or no?

Numerical yes or no?

Release as is.. Its an easy system either way, ‘don’t fix it if it ain’t broke’ as the saying goes, it ain’t broke.. unless you think it is..

First of all let me say a big thank you for all your work - especially considering your hardware problems.

Re: Release of current version of full version

Actually I was hoping to see a full version released. For those who follow this thread and especially for Günter Severloh who has put incredible effort into this project it must seem strange but I am sure that a certain number of players may not want to bother with adding AI, voice and movement mods on their own. (This is definetely true for the group i am with.) But reading the last few pages of this thread changed my mind and convinced me that it is much more practical to release the current version as it is. But perhaps you could suggest a combination of the mods which have to added manually which provides stable and realistic gameplay. This would be something like the waiter's recommendation in a restaurant - a guideline which helps inexperienced guests without hindering the true connoisseur.

Re: Numerical or alphabetical order:

I think one system is enough. As the files are sorted alpabetically in the addons folder anyway, it seems a simple and practical decision to do the documentation in the same way. Should any other file have to be added in future releases, it will automatically be placed in the appropriate alphabetical position. In a numerical system it may be a bit difficult to add something between 5 and 6. Something like "5a" is possible but not very elegant.

Gentlemen,

I been pondering, as I look through the COWarModCL folders, and review the readmes on what I can improve, or adjust, or fix if any,

I was starting to think that COWarModCL was good enough instead of creating another version of CWM to be a full version which would only have those files removed in the mod.

I mean seriously its not like anyone cant do that themselves, plus the thing is theres many AI mods, theres many player type movement files,

and theres many AI voice mod files, as well as tweaks.

My point being is if I leave the mod as is and just rename it COWarMod and lose the CL part this would give folks a better customization experience,

so basically instead of having to take out features you dont like which you might do anyways, you can add features you like with you knowing what you added.

The mod is and was already fully customizable as it is, just in the full previous versions I think most folks removed stuff like myself then stayed with the mod the way it originally came.

To me creating a full version would basically mean more work, and personally I'd prefer to start work on the other mod versions like COWarModACE,

questions:

1. Should CWM have a full version or should the user just download the CL version and just customize their game from there?

2. For a readme to list a 100+ features I have it where you have an index that lists all the files, each file has a number, and each file is also

listed alphabetically like it is in the mod, so should i keep the numerical system, or lose it as the alphabetical system is good enough?

At this point where the mod performs well, i tested it for my limited time at least for 5 min, in a few scenarios, all the bugs I have found I had listed, and fixed,

the RPT is not being spammed, no errors on screen, or rpt, or any anomalies have been encountered with the limited run of tests I have done, it works well on my machine,

and tbh I cant wait til i get a new CPU so i can play again!!!!

Your thoughts, and feedback are much appreciated.

Hi Gunter

Personally I agree that the CL version is sufficient and your time could probably be better spent on other things now like COWarModACE. However, for people like alpha-kilo who would like to be able to use the full version with having to move files around manually, why not provide a batch file with the CL version that will copy all the optional mods into the addons folder automatically. I'm not sure of your exact folder structure at the moment and I'm no expert with batch files but I'm pretty sure it's fairly simple to do something like

xcopy AImods/*.pbo addons/

xcopy AImods/*.bisign addons/

Those are probably not right but the basic idea is "copy all pbo files from AIMods folder to addons folder" and "copy all bisign files from AIMods folder to addons folder". Then you just need to repeat this for each of the optional folders you have (i.e. Player Movement, AI Voice Mods, Tweaks) and have the batch file in the root of @COWARMOD, with addons/ and AImods/ (and the other optional folders) below. If you only have the pbo and bisign files in the AImods folder, with any readmes, etc in subfolders under that, then you can simplify it even more with something like

xcopy AImods/*.* /addons

Perhaps there's someone else who knows the exact correct syntax, or an alternative to xcopy that would be better suited for this task.

Hi guys late reply,

Thank you

alpha-kilo and doveman for your feedback and ideas, I really do appreciate them.

Some news

I had just submitted COWarMod v 1.2 to Armaholic.

I had gone with one version so its basically just COWarMod v 1.2, its still a customizable version with the AI enhancements,

the AI voice mods, and the player movement files removed from the main addons folder.

First of all let me say a big thank you for all your work - especially considering your hardware problems.

Thank you, I had hoped to get my computer upgraded by the end of the summer, , but I am able to test for a limited time which is still a good thing,

so its not a total let down or loss.

But perhaps you could suggest a combination of the mods which have to added manually which provides stable and realistic gameplay.

This would be something like the waiter's recommendation in a restaurant - a guideline which helps inexperienced guests

without hindering the true connoisseur.

yes indeed

Once you get the mod of course you can refer and associate to what im talking about but what i recommend,

and have used and it runs fine:

under this folder path in the mod:

@COWarMod\Customization\AI Enhancement

Id reccomend the follow from that folder:

-AI Dispersion for Mounted MG's

-AIPistolUseFix

-All Round Defence-ARD

-ASR AI

-Infantry Stealth and Recognition Skills

-JED_ESS

-Mechanized Infantry Tactics Addon

-SLX AI

-TPWC_AI_SUPPRESS

-ZGB_Choppers

-zgb_gunners

-zgb_stick2gether

@COWarMod\Customization\AI Shouts & Voices mods

I'd reccomend the following:

-Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI)

-Radio Discipline

-SLX Voice -(SLX_Alpha_Numbers, SLX_Shout , SLX_Dialogue )

@COWarMod\Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS

this folder will vary from player to player, so i suggest read the readmes included in this, and if you have any questions

then ask here and i can tell you, but already theres alot of tweaks in the mod to begin with.

I do would recommend the SLX stuff, notably the SLX_wounds file.

@COWarMod\Customization\Player Movement Files

read the readme in this folder, as I recommend a list of files to use.

for the SMK i personally dont use it its ok, can be fun but I like the recommended list without SMK.

For a full version, if enough people want a full version then I'll make one but download the new version already out and look at the files,

its not hard to add those mods, all your doing is just moving some files.

Once you guys download the mod and review the files, and readmes, any suggestions, ideas, feedback, and even reports,

on any bugs, errors, or issues, then please report it.

Known Bugs readme

i do have included and this is the first time I have done this for the series is included a readme that is titled "Known Bugs"

this readme will list and give description to all the known bugs or issues with certain files in the mod, some are in the addons folder some are not,

but they are listed, now some files just have a trick to them and if you use it wrong it has a bug, so its a noted list of issues,

those are what have been found as far as i can remember if yo guys find any more then please post your findings.

COWarMod v 1.2 is a rebuild not a patch!

please understand for the regulars, and the new folks to the mod, the v 1.2 of the mod is a completely rebuilt version,

so you cannot patch it over the existing v 1.1 of COWarMod if you have it, it will F**k up the mod!

v 1.2 is a standalone version.

Delete your v 1.1 version.

I may have a patch or two depending on the mods in the community being currently worked on,

but as said if theres any bug files or anything reported then i will patch accordingly.

Mod is not a final build or version

please understand that CoWarMod is completely customizable, so I dont want to hear or read this mod sucks, it has this file and that file, or it plays like this or that,

the mod is in your hands, you can alt the file add or remove them as you wish, all i did is test every mod for compatibility, built references, and resources,

and setup the mod so that you can basically have a mod with most of the Arma2 and Arma2CO addons and mods that deal with gameplay and realism, and effects, and such in one mod.

Majority of you understand this, but once in a while you get someone that has no clue of what the mod is or how it works and make stupid comments without any knowing about it

so if you know someone like this please explain to them how it works.

Im always open to suggestions if their worth the time, i always and appreciate feedback, even ideas, if they work.

the next project will be:

COWarModACE using the latest v 1.2 build, i will start on this tomorrow as i really have no time atm for it,

as the new work week starts tonight for me.

Any thoughts, questions, ideas, then post your reply.

Ok guys, Armaholic has released the mod, download it, look through the files, and reames,a nd overall layout, test it out,

add some mods, and let me know what you think, report, ect,.

Front page of the thread here has been updated.

and now................. for the long awaited version, all you ACE jerries have been waiting a year for.

I will need testers for the CoWarModACE version, if you can test then let me know on the thread here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125178-COWarMod-ACE-Compatible-Open-beta-Project

Before any testing can commence I need to review the old list on the COWarModACE thread, and then compare notes with the current version of COWarMod v 1.2

I will be establishing a new list of files to remove which will be our starting ground, please give me a 1-2 days to do this, as with this dam heat wave were having,

i sometimes dont feel like doing much, my motivation goes out the window with my energy, but to no avail it will get done.

Any questions and or reports, whatever referring to the ACE version use the link above, leave this thread for CoWarMod version only.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Congrats on release Gunter. I may have a CPU for you.. will know by tomorrow.

Once you get the mod of course you can refer and associate to what im talking about but what i recommend,

and have used and it runs fine:

under this folder path in the mod:

For a full version, if enough people want a full version then I'll make one but download the new version already out and look at the files,

its not hard to add those mods, all your doing is just moving some files.

Hi Gunter,

I didn't realise there were some "recommended" optional mods and some that you don't necessarily recommend in CoWarMod1.2. Once I've download it (links aren't working right now) I'll try and knock up a batch file to copy just those mods you recommend to the addons folder and then if you want you can just provide that to save you working on a full version. As I understand it, the files would be the same in both the CL and Full version, just that the Full version will have those recommended mods already in the addons folder, so there doesn't seem much point in providing two different versions to download if a batch file can basically convert CL to Full.

Congratulations and thank you for this release, Günter Severloh. The Armaholic link seems to be working now but the download feels a little slow - maybe i am just a little impatient.

Edit: 3,6 kb/s is too slow for me. Giving up for today. Will try again later this week. Obviously too much traffic is slowing down the Armaholic server. I guess, when you publish the ACE version, Armaholic will explode! Time to celebrate your success, Günter! :respekt:

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

I am not gonna lie here... I bought Arma 2 CO when I saw and article about DayZ and all the hype arround it.

After playing DayZ for a while I decided to give the actual game behind DayZ a try and this is what I found:

- A buggy Arma 2 campaign with missing/dissapearing bodies and items, almost imposible to play through.

- A slightly better OA campaign but still with the same unresponsive Ai, sometimes so stupid that would stay frozen and standing while I am taking shots at it while also somehow being "smart" enough to snipe me from across the map with an AK-47.

So I Said: Ok if SP has this manny bugs and feels this outdated I should't even try the multiplayer.

But then a few days later I spoted version 1.2 of this mod on Armaholic.com... A brand new rebuilt version it said... more versatile and yet combining some of the community's already amazing offerings into one single package so I said to myself, "If this mod doesn't make Arma 2 more enjoyable then nothing will"... but it did just that!

This mod is everything the game should've had from the start:

- Amazing UI, I didn't even knew I needed some of the changes in the UI and now I can't live without them.

- Surprisingly human like Ai, making decisions (good or bad but making them not just standing there), reacting to gun fire and adapting to each situation in different and unpredictable ways... it was life if the world came alive!

- Balanced weapons that feel like the real thing yet require strategy and smart planning to take full advantage of.

- Immersive atmosphere that catches you and never lets you go...

- Huge mod with no impact on performance, my FPS haven't drop a thing while playing this mod.

Having said all this... there is one question I would like to ask:

Since I installed the TrueMods and TrueUser mods my default zoom was reduced which I found quite nice for reality's sake... but now it is harder for me to spot the Ai before they start shooting at me. So my question is: Out of all the mods that alter the Ai, which one do I have to edit to reduce the Ai's Spot distance. It is only fair to reduce their sight as the True mod did to me :)

Hi guys back again after some sleep ( i work the 3rd shift 9pm-5am btw) :)

Good to see some feedback on the new version, i will answer them in order.

Congrats on release Gunter. I may have a CPU for you.. will know by tomorrow.

Thanks man, your help also has been noted, I have you and a few others added in the credits, checkout the bottom of the release page, and on Armaholic.

A CPU?!!! wow sounds great, I got to assume its a socket 754 and better then what i have now which is a 3400 2.8, do you have a heat sink/fan to go with it? and how much are you asking for it?

BTW is this a personal cpu you have or something through work?

@doveman

I also noted you in the credits for this version, if it weren't for your questions and insights in the past months I dont think CWM would be the way it is now,

i have much to you to thank, this is why I also ask of everyone, ask me questions as it can develop into something further. But to answer your question, lol

Alot of recommended mod are great, however, I do recommend SLX stuff too, I have included from Domokun a SLX light and plus version of the mod too,

so as CWM is setup the mod is highly customizable, probably alot more now then the previous 1.1 version, i could probably give you a better list of what

I'd use, but what i did list so far is pretty good, but its all up to you guys what you want to play with.

A batch file would be interesting, it would add yet another option for the mod.

@alpha-kilo

Your welcome, well the mod is fairly big, its 1.11gigs in total size, and I have it compressed down to 718mb's, plus based on your location it can vary on speed,

my German friends at arma2.de should have the link as well, but i need to get a hold of Mclupo and Miller so you German dudes can have a closer lace to download the mod.

Great work ! thank you for your hard work ! as always I love your work !!

Thank Busbeater, I appreciate the love, :)

@pureevil29

Welcome to BIS forums!

If you thought COWarMod was great, you should step back a bit and get the Arma 1 version of WarMod, my new version of it I'll have sometime soon,

that version is the shit, I am actually more excited to play that mod then I am playing CoWarMod, lol

This mod is everything the game should've had from the start:

Its funny you say that as I remember another member say the same thing when i first released WarMod for Arma1 in 2009

to quote from a testimonial from 2009

"@Gunter Excellent mod! It's been already said, but this is what ARMA should have been out of the box."

by Sailindawg (WarMod for Arma1)

Having said all this... there is one question I would like to ask:

Since I installed the TrueMods and TrueUser mods my default zoom was reduced which I found quite nice for reality's sake... but now it is harder for me to spot the

Ai before they start shooting at me. So my question is: Out of all the mods that alter the Ai, which one do I have to edit to reduce the Ai's Spot distance.

It is only fair to reduce their sight as the True mod did to me

yes, well you have alot of options, and here is what I recommend:

1. if you have added it remove Zeus AI , if not then dont add it

2. if you have added ASR_AI then go to the userconfig file you installed, and adjust the hpp files in the folders asr_ai and asr ,a nd review the hpp,

and adjust the skills there accordingly, as its setup for skill, skill is your aiming accuracy, spotting distance which you want, and other things.

3. another option is to add if you have not already is Infantry Stealth and Recognition Skills this mod deals with the following:

Description:

This mod allows the user to adjust several specific AI variables that effect the stealth movement

and recognition skills of the game. It comes with a file an HPP file that goes into the userconfig folder,

which is where the adjustments are made (instructions are located in the file).

Attributes that can be adjusted:

- Audible - How load a unit is when moving

- Camouflage - How easy a unit is to see

- Sensitivity - How well and how far the given unit senses other units -(what you want)

- SensitivityEar - How well can the given unit hear others units

- Units defined:

- All vanilla factions/units - Then broken down into 3 categories each (if required)

- Categories include:

- Basic Infantry units

- Snipers, spotters, marksmen, scouts and units with silenced weapons

- Launchers including AT, AA and RPG units

Included .pbo files:

inf_stealth_recognition.pbo

I use this mod myself its great, but if you have this, then go to the userconfig (Inf_Stealth_Recognition) and adjust the StealthRecognitionValues.

By default I ahd adjsuted the values in this back in COWarMod v 1.1, but you may want to adjsut them again.

If you need more help with this then let me know, I'll walk you through it.

4. if you want something easier then I'd recommend something more automatic which ia another AI mod that will help you configure

the AI ingame on the fly using your action menu, try adding this mod:

JED_ESS (Enhanced Skills Slider)

under this folder address in COWarMod:

@COWarMod\Customization\AI Enhancement\JED_ESS

you will find included a pdf file inlcluded with Jed_ESS, this pdf explains in detail and with pictures, on how to setup this little mod, i think since

your new to this mod and the game in general this mod might be your best bet to start with. try that and let me know how it works for you and if it helps.

===================

lastly if I may add, I normally dont want to ask, but if anyone could help me keep the WarMod website's subscription going please donate if you can,

the subscription to my website is $4.95 a month which is pennies for the amount of content I have on there, but every donation

I get and have gotten I put towards the site's subscription.

I will be updating the site for COWarMod section for the new version 1.2 so if any of you need further assistance in that re guard then you can review

pages and files accordingly, theres still alot of work ahead of me for CWM, so please be patient, I should have the site updated for v 1.2 by the weekend.

Hope that answers all your questions, any further help , support, let me know,

Im here on the forums everyday in and out between 2pm and 8pm, and when im off Im in and out all day.

Thanks for your quick and complete answer Günter!

I did everything you said and the Ai is alot better now... alot better in not spotting me from 1000 mts. that is =) Actually by adding and tweaking ASR_AI, Infantry Stealth and Recognition Skills and JED_ESS, even with Zeus files still on the Ai have a much harder time finding me so I guess one or more of those mods overlap zeus somehow.

By the way... First I moved all the (not already included) True User mods to the addon folder and tried the game... Everything looked good much better than vanilla but then I read that the readm file states that some of the True User mods overlap with other mods (GPS UI BOTTOM and so on) so I removed those specific files and tried the mod again but nothing really changed the hud looked just like before... All that changed is that now I am getting some reports about missing textures sometimes... did not happen before... Maybe I need to delete a cache folder somewhere or maybe it was because I tried to reload a saved game don't know...

Also... about donations... sadly I live in south america and my credit card gets declined on donor and international sites all the time...

Steam works thou... so if you pick a game I can gift it to you...

PS: Arma 3 is not in steam yet =(

Edited by pureevil29

Your welcome and glad you got the AI figured out,

I would recommend either ASR AI or Zues bot not both, ASR_AI is from what others have noted is basically a better version of Zues and consistently updated.

I'd also recommend SLX AI as well, the can do some stuff you never seen before, like they will doge your shots, and other misc cool things.

If you have errors or what not then report them and do so based on the combos you have, then i can look into it,

as well as record it into the one readme "Known Bugs" Suggest you review that if you have not already.

if you have anything to report, please do so, errors, error messages, odd behavior ingame, dont matter, let me know and I may be able to clear some things up for you,

I have seen almost everything CoWarMod has to offer, their may be however some hidden bugs ingame that I have yet to discover, and most bugs that are hidden

only reveal their ugly head when certain scenarios, or features are being used, so thats why i ask to report as much as everyone can, as it only helps me better the mod,

I mean last thing you guys need is stupid stuff happening that ruins your game, you play to have fun not to be frustrated and or disappointed.

As for the donations i rarely ever ask for donations, to me if you can then great, i appreciate it, if you cant then dont worry about it,

to me feedback and reports are better, donations on my site all go towards the site's subscription, and my time is valuable but I give

my time for the love of the game and the community, not for money, I do need money as financially Im struggling a bit but I'm not

one to ask for handouts, not my thing, I'd rather earn my keep.

Hope that helps.

Congratulations, mate, & thanks for all your hard work :D

Just wanted to add my congratulations on the release Gunter and thanks for your kind words. I'm honoured that you decided to mention me in the credits :D

Oh your welcome,

alot of you guys that helped with the v 1.2 in the past couple if not in the past few months have been mentioned:

===============

Testers & Feedback

===============

Credits & Thanks to the following who gave their feedback,

and helped to test the mod, without your support

the mod would not be where it is today!

===============

doveman

domokun

ChrisB

FillaFillason

folgore_airborne

Kyle_K_ski

Orcinus

SavageCDN

Soldaten

========

If I forgot anyone please let me know.

You guys seriously make a difference in how I go about the mod.

I did the physical work but you guys added to the technical, details of it.

Alot of modders use the feedback from others and apply it, some I dont think open the mod to players and say how should i do this, or what can i do here,

I only ask such questions not only to help guide me, and to help me make a better decision but for me I like to compare notes, I like to see lets say both

sides of a picture, Im looking for something that will work.

Seeing an playing the mod from my point of view is different then playing and seeing it from a player's point of view, and seeing i mean reading

the readmes, reviewing files, knowledge and know of the function of mods, and ect,. personal preferences, ect,. I like to take all those into account.

Customizable or not there is still a direction that the mod needs to have that will allow the player to get what they need as in info

and have in terms of the mod working for them, i could easily said I'll just make this mod and see if you guys like it, well its started with

the concept which for WarMod is the foundation the core of what the mod is about, basically a compilation of alot of great mods, so i think we all can agree on this.

Im :blahblah2: to much, back to the ace version.

great release..I just notice it works better with Ace...I'm still moving mods around to see which ones have bugs , but shouldnt be that many..Thanks Gunter

Thank you.

Soldaten refer to the ACE version thread, I have 2 lists there, if you want to test the mod out then review the lists, and review what I said about testing.

Anyone got any feedback, reports on v 1.2 here, thoughts.

Hi guys back again after some sleep ( i work the 3rd shift 9pm-5am btw) :)

Good to see some feedback on the new version, i will answer them in order.

Thanks man, your help also has been noted, I have you and a few others added in the credits, checkout the bottom of the release page, and on Armaholic.

A CPU?!!! wow sounds great, I got to assume its a socket 754 and better then what i have now which is a 3400 2.8, do you have a heat sink/fan to go with it? and how much are you asking for it?

BTW is this a personal cpu you have or something through work?

Thanks for the credits.. not really necessary but hey :p

Re; the CPU I'll send you a PM

Hi Günter,

congrats for the release of the COWarMod v1.2 and enjoy all the high praise, because you deserved that!

Many thanks for all your very hard work, also for listening to the community and being opened to all suggestions and advices.

I put a short annoucment to the german community on ArmA2Base and Admin Miller wrote a frontpaged news.

The download is added also.

Thanks once again!

All the best

McLupo

Announcement:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=1195&entries=0#post9658

Downloadsection:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3620

Edited by McLupo
added a link

Thank you Savage and McLupo.

Updated my website with alot of changes.

I had updated the COWarMod Section of the website to reflect v 1.2 but still have more to update in that section.

Also made the A2WarModACE compatible part of the site viewable as before it was inlcuded with the A2WarMod pages.

So how is the mod running for everyone, anyone look through the readmes, can you find your way around?

Let me know the readmes took longer then anything in the mod, i probably have more readmes then any mod out for Arma2CO, their a tedious pain in the ass,

and boring sometimes especially for the amount of info i need to put in them, this is one reason why version 1.2 dragged out so long to release.

if i had an easier simpler way, and funner too then i'd bet I caould roll out updates and such within a months time, all depends on what the mod is of course and whats got to be done.

I'd actually like to have one pdf files that i can link all info too in the readme, like a big book, i think that would be the easiest,

but i think you need to buy a subscription for pdf, anyone know of another method as i had described?

Günter Severloh,

Please google for "pdf maker" and "pdf creator". These are popular freeware pdf-generators which work with MS Office. I use Open Office which replaces the Microsoft office suite and comes with integrated pdf support. This means, you can convert docs at the click of a button. Very convenient.

I have not really begun to seriously check all readmes. I just tested the standard addons of COWarmod 1.2 with the stock missions "March in the hills" and "Laser show", so i cannot report anything yet.

Thanks I'll look into it, I found PDF lite which I will check out.

Would you guys prefer to have one readme for the whole mod or multiple readmes like currently setup?

I think one readme would be best.