Wonderful! and thank you.

Are you interested in help testing COWarMod and ACE, really all you have to do is give your feedback, off of the tests you do with the time you can.

NEWS

Ok guys I had just submitted the latest patch,and updated COWarMod full version 1.1 to Armaholic, and am waiting for links for download.

For those testers that are going to be in the

COWarMod ACE Compatible Open beta Project

I will ask of you to use the latest updated full version of COWarMod when its released, and to store your current game

somewhere so your files and or customized setup of COWarMod dont get overwritten.

I ask this so that when we test, we can be on the same page when reporting issues, it really makes no sense to me to test

something when everyone will have different setups of the same mod.

If we are all to be congruent in our reports,a nd for me to release a full ACE compatible version (core only for now), then

the same version needs to be run, hope you all understand this.

Any other thoughts on the project before I post a new thread for the project? Please reply if you do, if its all cool then i

will announce on armaholic , and then start the new thread with all the information on the project.

if uwant, u can add my klu_glt_missilebox_ace_enhancement its config for glt missilebox while using ace...

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

and please upgrade some mods like glt_missilebox , so it will be latest release

Edited by Klubargutan

Hi soldaten,

Thanks for your interest in the project, I will add you to the list.

New list:

Beta testers for the

COWarMod ACE Compatible Open beta Project

-Orcinus

-Kommiekat

-Angus S

-lo0se

-Col

-soldaten

the COWarMod ACE Compatible Open beta Project

thread will be setup as soon as the latest COWarMod Patch and full version get released on Armaholic,

as I want everyone involved that is going to help in testing this to have the latest and full versions of the mod,

I already have the latest, I have inside connections :D ;) kidding.

Anyways hopefully I can get this going today before i leave for work tonight, any other folks want in on the project then let me know.

Also check out my website, i id alot of updating, and cool stuff, on it, also added 110 awesome screenshots from the forums here to it.

Most definitel! and required anyways, you have a link?, if not I'll find it.

Don't bother - CBA v0.7.6 is still the latest stable release. I misunderstood something I read while wandering round the Dev Heaven maze. The next release will be v0.7.8; there isn't a v0.7.7 AFAICT.

On missions - I think we should play missions using ACE only, no other addons apart from COWarmod. I doubt I have any existing ACE missions like that, most require at least ACEX & the rest have various other mod requirements, e.g., ACE_PLA, RHM4, BB Mercs, &/or GL4.

I guess an OA vanilla mission would be a starting point as long as it doesn't have any sequences where the player has to run for kms. Hmm, I should check the ACE Wiki, maybe the fatigue settings can be changed.

Cheers

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
Missed a word out...

Most definitel! and required anyways, you have a link?, if not I'll find it.
Latest version is always available on Six Updater.

And it's very much recommended to use it, due to performance improvements etc. It will be released officially very shortly too.

http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/973db6b6-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d

Should get the @ACE mod from SU as well, 1.12 Stable will be released officially very shortly too.

I guess an OA vanilla mission would be a starting point as long as it doesn't have any sequences where the player has to run for kms. Hmm, I should check the ACE Wiki, maybe the fatigue settings can be changed.
Carry less equipment. Edited by Sickboy

On missions - I think we should play missions using ACE only, no other addons apart from COWarmod.

Not necessary, you can run a stock mission, preferably one you build as thats all i ever do, just throw some units down and vehicles if you want,

and have at it, you will still get ACE features, you don't need an ACE specific mission to see ACE's features.

On a note about ACE and COWarMod, they do both work together, I been playing around in the editor trying various things,

at least for ACE I still need to just setup controls for some things, but otherwise I get no errors, freezes, or crashes and whatnot,

game run smooth on my end, and I tested with my latest full version build of COWarMod 1.1

I'm almost wondering why i should even bother with the ace compatible project, I don't have any problems with it,

apart from a couple weapons doing odd stuff but that don't bother me none, idk up to you guys, convince me otherwise.

I've already had a go at modifying COWarMod to work with ACE, and there were quite a lot of script errors. I had to add a few files, and take out a even more but it's running pretty well now

Latest version is always available on Six Updater.

And it's very much recommended to use it, due to performance improvements etc. It will be released officially very shortly too.

http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/973db6b6-a754-11de-b50f-0021855d3b6d

Should get the @ACE mod from SU as well, 1.12 Stable will be released officially very shortly too.

Thanks, Sickboy. Will keep checking for the updates

Carry less equipment.

Hee! Yeah, but not always an option in an SP mission if it was designed without ACE in mind.

Thanks for all the effort you & your colleagues put into CBA & ACE.

Cheers

Orcinus

So you guys think the project should be a go or not? As I said in my previous post I dont get any errors or issues

other then a couple of weapons doign odd stuff which is no big deal but it could be fixed.

I already know of a bunch of things (features & files) In CoWarMod that already do the same if not similar things in in ACE.

Also there are the Extra packs for ACE.

yes or no with the project?

and your thoughts of why or why not.

You could always just make a thread about how to make COWarMod compatible with ACE and people can contribute to it

So you guys think the project should be a go or not? As I said in my previous post I dont get any errors or issues

other then a couple of weapons doign odd stuff which is no big deal but it could be fixed.

I already know of a bunch of things (features & files) In CoWarMod that already do the same if not similar things in in ACE.

Also there are the Extra packs for ACE.

yes or no with the project?

and your thoughts of why or why not.

My vote is yes, let's do it. If you start a new thread, perhaps the first post would list the files you already know are doing similar stuff to ACE, so testing starts without them. If there are no problems found, we/I can add in ACEX, then ACE_PLA, etc.

A lot of MP missions require ACE + ACEX (not that I play MP yet, I'm still too embarrassingly crap :( and there are a lot of ACE/ACEX SP missions people might like to try with COWarmod. Tuning COWarmod to work seamlessly with ACE seems like a useful thing to do.

Cheers

Orcinus

ACEX_PLA is heavily outdated, not updated for OA, and not recommended to run.

There should be no conflicts with ACEX, ACEX_RU or ACEX_USnavy, as they only provide content. Only ACE (Core) includes systems/enhancements/etc.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your feedback as usual, I been thinking about it last night at work (3rd shift 9pm-5am :) ) anyways I was

doubting myself in my last post, as I do know what files, well at least a good portion of them from what I had tested

and looked at before back in August before the COWarMod released, but need to look at the files again.

You could always just make a thread about how to make COWarMod compatible with ACE and people can contribute to it

It is a good idea, but I'd rather actually work like we been talking, but thanks for the idea.

I decided to go forth with the project, considering everyone seems to keep asking for it, but there were alot of

votes for an ACE compatible version when i had the poll for it on my website, so I can say it would only be fair that it is to be built.

We'll stick wit the core first and get that stable/compatible, and then go from there

I will post a new thread when i get up this afternoon, get up as in :436: sleeping cuz i worked all night

and had overtime :j: anyways I will post the new thread, and list some requirements, and links, ect,.

and possibly a list of files if I can get to it.

Til then.

I've noticed a few strange things happening whilst running it so I usually have it disabled to be on the safe side.

What is this an ACE thread now?!

If there isn't enough ACE threads popping up all over the forum already, use ACE thread if you going to talk specifically ace.

As for our project i will have the thread for the project up real soon.

I will post a link here, or you can find it under the

ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSIONsection.

What is this an ACE thread now?!

Indeed, please stick to the topic and keep ACE related questions in the ACE topic. Topic cleaned.

Hey Gunther! My PC broke today so I needed to recover it. Will start the testing as fast as possible. Just need to install Steam and install Arma 2 CO, and download CO, CBA and ACE!

Regards,

Col!

No worries my friend, I will have a thread up very soon with whats required for the testing, I'll have a link here

to the thread and then you and the others, as well as anyone else can get in on the testing or feedback if they wish.

Have read alot about your mod compilation, so the last couple af days i have tried it out, and may say its very impressive. I played it with RWS sound mod, and it functioned fine. I played Bennys warfare (2.070).

But had some problems with commanding my own ai squad, when i grouped my ai members in the red team, i couldn't mark them with the normal shift+F1 function. Every time i tried, and pressede Shift+F1 i got some kind og ai menu on the screen, and the red group still was unmarked. Is there any solution for this??

Another problem is that i some times lose command of my ai squad, and they suddenly gets weird orders, especialy annoying when i have used alot of time setting up my ai units, and then they suddenly reform, without getting the order, ithink maybe it is the slx mod or zeus mod that effects my ai squad members...

But all in all i liked this mod compilation more than i like ACE :-)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: from me :-)

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

have anyone tried your mod alongside GL4??

Hello Sixt,

To answer your questions:

Every time i tried, and pressede Shift+F1 i got some kind og ai menu on the screen

By default the menu that comes up is from ARD, see here:

http://warmod.webs.com/ardallarounddefense.htm

what you need to do to fix that is change the control for F! to something else.

Go into your main Arma2 directory and find the folder that says userconfig inside that is a folder that says ARD.hpp

open the hpp (opens with notepad) and change the controls and or adjust the options, its pretty self explanatory

but if you need help then post again on what you need.

Another problem is that i some times lose command of my ai squad, and they suddenly gets weird orders

Can you be more specific on what they are doing when they break your command, do they for example when in a ready position

waiting all of a sudden go off and walk around or act like they are rearming?

have anyone tried your mod alongside GL4??

Yes i have but not CoWarMod, I did it with A2WarMod my Arma2 only version, I tried to get that mod added to WarMod

but i didn't get permission so it was a no go. You can try it, just run it along side COWarMod like so:

-mod=@CBA;@COWarMod;@GL4

any questions let me know.

Thanks, it works with the ard userconfig change :-)

I played a game to day where the ai (in my squad)suddenly wouldn't move, they didn't respond to any orders, either regroup or move order, or any else order. They just did stand still, ended by disbaniding them. yesterday, two times, one after i was dead, and was respawned and one time after i had left a vechile (mtvr) the ai suddenly takes command by them self and shouts orders, regrouping to one the other ai, and not to me, alittle weird, dont know if its the different ai mods that makes this happen?? im the only one with these observations??

as mentioned i play, bennyswarfare, with only cba and rws-soundmod other than cowarmod...

Sixt

Thing is best to stick with certain AI mods, ones I have in COWarMod, I dont get those issues, at least not on my end

I dont, adding more AI related mods can maybe give the AI more brains then their ability to use them,

I believe their are limits, but a probable cause could be conflicting scripts, or actions that they are trying to follow.

If you want you could just remove the AI mods in COWarMod, and just run GL4 along side COWarMod, up to you.