---------------------------------------------------------

Ok to fix this remove the SLX_wounds pbo, and your guy will just die instead of being wounded, return the

SLX_mod man armor pbo as that balances the the death or basically how many shots it takes for a soldier to die.

------------------------------------------------------------

how many shots it takes for a soldier to die? ONE BULLET (I already reported, in a mission all either killed or wounded are without action)

remove the SLX_wounds pbo? again? the sake of Zues AI i already sacrifice many :o

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This problem has already been answered on how to fix it, i will psot it again but in the future go to my website and

refer to the questions and Answers fq, heres what you do:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is:

hd C: / users / username / my documents / ARMA2 / ArmA2OAProfile

I changed this:

class recruit skillFriendly=0.56999999;

skillEnemy=0.55000001;

precisionFriendly=0.1399998;

precisionEnemy=0.11999982;

class regular skillFriendly=0.71999997;

skillEnemy=0.69999999;

precisionFriendly=0.21999981;

precisionEnemy=0.19999982;

class veteran skillFriendly=0.89999999;

skillEnemy=0.88999998;

precisionFriendly=0.31999981;

precisionEnemy=0.29999982;

class mercenary skillFriendly=0.99500001;

skillEnemy=0.985;

precisionFriendly=0.380000001;

precisionEnemy=0.36999981;

what did I do wrong?

more I will not bother

Edited by zoldatpizdat

Originally Posted by Günter Severloh View Post

...remove those and report back if that fixed the issue.

That fixed the issue. Thanks

-smk_anims

-smk_anims_manager

Were not part of the problem, I let them be, for now.

I really like these animations, and it would break my heart, if I had to move them.

Excellent, so lets testing this myself

-All ASC addons-(this dont cause the issue)

-asr_weaponreplacements -(not needed anyways)

-extended_eventhandlers -(dont need this anyways)(not sure if this had caused it)

-sam_handsignals -(this dont cause the issue)

-smk_anims (not sure if this had caused it)

-smk_anims_manager (not sure if this had caused it)

-tgw_strykerfix -(not needed) (not sure if this had caused it)

So I'd assume its down to those.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

@zoldatpizdat

Change to precisionEnemy=0.48999981;

In your COWarMod addons folder remove the SLX_Wounds.pbo

Put SLX_mod man armor.pbo back in the addons folder if you dont put the SLX_mod man armor pbo back

into the folder then you and everyone else dies with one bullet.

Better yet Remove Zues AI if its giving you issues.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Change to precisionEnemy=0.48999981;

I did it for class mercenary, useless and I reduced

may need to make these values ​​the same for all classes ?(precisionEnemy = 0.48999981)

Günter Severloh Better yet Remove Zues AI if its giving you issues.

Yes, I usually do so but this mod me interested and I tried to correct the deficiencies

Edited by zoldatpizdat

Do you play mercenary difficulty level or regular?

put it on regular, look ingame to see what difficulty your playing, and then change accordingly.

The lower the number the less accurate the AI will be.

Also in the CoWarMod readmes folder are readmes, also in the same folder is a folder called "mod readmes"

inside that folder look for Zues and read what it says there.

Like i said if reduce the number til it suite you or remove Zues, COWarMod has many other Ai enhancement mods in it so Zeus isn't the only Ai mod in COWarMod.

If you want to know what AI mods are in COWarMod then find the readme AI Mods in COWarMod read the readmes.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say, that some time ago, I was pondering this problem:

"How to set precisionEnemy, to be fair."

And I came up with accuracy 20%, based on my average performance in BFBC. (my stats)

I'm an average player, with K/D ratio 1.32.

But my average accuracy is only around 16%, for infantry weapons.

So I set enemy precision 0.15 for recruit, and 0.20 for regular.

@Günter

I removed the background from your COWarMod logo,

see if you like it and may find some use for it :D

cowarmod.png

Edited by GROM64

Hi Kommiekat,

This is the mod for that Pbo, it is called Fixed Range Nightvision

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6251

Thanks Gunther!

Hey man, I see you've got some JTD stuff going, so, what do you think of using JTD_Flies? I don't see it causing any problems and also it helps to find the dead bodies when you need the extra ammo or change weapons...

What do you think?

@Günter

I removed the background from your COWarMod logo,

see if you like it and may find some use for it

Beautiful I like it, it would work better and blend in then the black background, if you can remove that tail under the banner and then convert to PAA and send it to me.

My buddy does all my graphics but hes been busy lately so i havent a chance to get anything upgraded, I'd convert pics myself but textviewer sucks and wont want to work correctly, my buddy uses photoshop.

If your interested and can let me know via pm if you could do some graphic work for me, jsut a couple of things, not hard, just mostly upgrades on the logo, and loading screen is all.

Thanks Gunther!

Hey man, I see you've got some JTD stuff going, so, what do you think of using JTD_Flies? I don't see it causing any problems and also it helps to find the dead bodies when you need the extra ammo or change weapons...

What do you think?

JTD is fire and smoke-->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7383, and already is in COWarMod, the mod your talking about is called ASR Ai addons which enables the AI to rearm from dead bodies, as well as ammo caches and other places, also has AI enhancement, and this to is also in COWarMod.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Congratulations on setting a new standard on the ArmA modding community. You've just made an enormous but much needed task that the community missed for so long Günter. :yay:

A couple of mods working by their own don't minding compatibility could add some new functions to the game but this makes a whole new game and can set a new standard for ArmA gamers. Seeing all these cool mods working together has inspired me to think about an idea for your COWarMod that I'd appreciate to hear your thoughts and Sickboy's opinion too if he reads this by any chance.

One of the most dissapointing experiences in ArmA is when you have cool mods activated in the game that somehow messes an awesome campaign you've downloaded or that most servers don't use. So most of the time you're restricted to use the mod only in spare missions or risk it and try a campaign that doesn't support the mod and you end up being unable to finish some of its missions or other weird behaviours appear while playing it.

This spoils the fun of downloading and enjoying memorable mods by the community. Here's why I consider COWarMod (CWM) a turning point in ArmA and I explain why. The only thing your mod misses is ease of upgradeability and considering the nature of it is a key point in your mod. Right now people wanting to experience CWM have to download the complete package and when they want to upgrade they will have to download a whole new package or cumulative patches, so it's a bit of hassle to upgrade if you miss two or three updates.

Now imagine CWM being completely supported by SickBoy's Six Updater (SU). Not the complete package but an evolution of your mod's concept: you release your mod in Six Updater with its components separated. SU would then detect which version of ArmA you are running and then each version of CWM components (i.e. separate mods versioned to work with each other in CWM) would then be detected by SU client and promptly updated to the latest version. This is extremely useful given the number of mods CWM has and how often the developers update them.

5941280654_4b5d5ae88d_b.jpg

This idea may be simple but when gamers and modders start to use CWM through SU, for its quality, ease of use and upgrading, then more and more people will start to use it in their servers and modders will start to design campaigns and missions for it, perhaps even new Net gamemodes. That's when CWM will become a standard and modders may even start to make CWM compatible versions of their mods when they release them so you won't have to work that much to keep your mod up to date and best of all, all of it throught SU which makes playing a modded ArmA and its campaigns more a delight than the mess it is now. I see good things coming for CWM in the future and if it goes well it will be cool to see CWM used and supported by modders as ACE is.

Again :D congratulations :D And guys I hope to hear your thoughts soon. :) It would be great to see Sickboy and Günter working together in CWM project to give it SU support and making it the new ArmA standard.

Hello Mariscal,

Very nice and informative post on ideas for SU. I am looking into six updater atm, while in the process of updating the mod.

The problem with my mod is being a compliation and customizable mod, as everyone may know there is abound to be errors,

or problems bugs if you will in the mod, this is to be expected and considered part of modding.

The main aspect to your idea or rather concept which I like is that when COWaMod does get updated there are some

factors that I see having troubles with SU unless this can be explained to me as I might be misunderstanding how

SU works completely as I never used it.

But again my problem is when i update the mod their of course will be added updates, as well as possibly new mods added,

now these are easy to implement, but how would it work if something is to be removed in the mod being it an addon, or file

that is a cause of a bug or problem or even an unwanted feature that is to be removed from the mod.

How would removal of such files be taken care of?

For a manual patch Basically a ZIp file CoWarMod if any updates again are easily added, then in a readme I

would list files that needed to be removed.

Problem is not every player reads the readmes, or even know about the thread here, some out of complete

ignoance no pun intented to those players, and for the foreigner or rather our non english speaking players that

dont quite understand what to do when it comes to the readmes when and if they do read them, understanding whats been written is a key thing.

I'd like to be able to support the mod much more efficiently to a broader audience of players, some players are

fine with a manual download and know what to do, others with less computer or even game experience for Arma will

and or might have trouble, so a task in mind is how to make it a functional, and supportive that works for everyone.

Thanks again for your post, feedback, and comments.

The main aspect to your idea or rather concept which I like is that when COWaMod does get updated there are some factors that I see having troubles with SU unless this can be explained to me as I might be misunderstanding how SU works completely as I never used it.

Six Updater Introduction and Main Characteristics

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ek92LeYFIE?version=3&hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ek92LeYFIE?version=3&hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

But again my problem is when i update the mod their of course will be added updates, as well as possibly new mods added, now these are easy to implement, but how would it work if something is to be removed in the mod being it an addon, or file

that is a cause of a bug or problem or even an unwanted feature that is to be removed from the mod. How would removal of such files be taken care of?

SU detects what kind of ArmA are you running; ArmA 2, OA, CO, etc. and install the correct version of mods for each type of ArmA automatically. It writes an additional .rsync folder on each mod's folder which stores all kind of information about the mod config and handles all the changes that are needed to the files' update. Even with some mods you can add foreign programs which activate in the process of SU updating like JayArma2Lib that uses a dll which does additional operations or ACE which uses a config write tool to change some of the mod characteristic so even the most complex file and config operations are handled by SU automatically and the most complex operations can be done via simple additional programs you can easily add and will be activated by SU in the update process. The process is completely automatic and easy for the client and gamer as all is taken care of automatically by the modder with the help of SU. :D

It's one of the greatest tools in the ArmA mod community but in conjunction with CWM it can set an example in the whole world of game modding because nowadays modders often work non collaboratively in most of games but this could be a start of an example for modders of any game on how to use the correct tools to work collaboratively and achieve bigger and better mods :)

I'm sure that being such a great modder when Sickboy watch your awesome job with CWM and learn about the idea of serving CWM in SU he will gadly help you prepare it for the updater, giving the proper credits to the modders included in CWM, and with the future updates you develop.

Edited by Mariscal

I've responded some here http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1982373&postcount=141

and will get back to you guys soon.

Quick note: That SU 2.0 video is heavily outdated, though the essence is the same.

But a lot has been changed, improved and added since 2.0 till the freshly released 2.5 :)

Screenshots and news available at http://www.six-updater.net/

Edited by Sickboy

JTD is fire and smoke-->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7383, and already is in COWarMod, the mod your talking about is called ASR Ai addons which enables the AI to rearm from dead bodies, as well as ammo caches and other places, also has AI enhancement, and this to is also in COWarMod.

OK, I see what you are saying. That's good for my team, but for me, I still have to manually do it. No big deal.

Lastly, GIB_Copy Stance. What do you think about this one?

I use it each and every time.

OK, I see what you are saying. That's good for my team, but for me, I still have to manually do it. No big deal.

Manually do what, JTD works on its own there nothing for you to do, tweak the usercofig if you wish.

Lastly, GIB_Copy Stance. What do you think about this one?

Not interested, I prefer my AI to be random and sporadic, not mimic everything I do, if it comes to that then

Ill personally control them, if you like it add it to your game.

... if you can remove that tail under the banner and then convert to PAA and send it to me.

I'm not sure what part of the tail you're talking about, but I decided to give it another go,

here are the results: COWarMod.png and COWarMod.paa :D

Ok, little logo looks awesome now (imho), but loading screen still has a black background, I suspect it's another file.

If only you could tell me, which one ?

I'd convert pics myself but textviewer sucks and wont want to work correctly, my buddy uses photoshop.

I'm using Paint.NET since it's free, but was able to convert .png to .paa,

after downloading BIS'es Tools .

If your interested and can let me know via pm if you could do some graphic work for me, just a couple of things, not hard, just mostly upgrades on the logo, and loading screen is all.

That depends, if that work requires drawing, then no, because I can't draw shit.

But if it's only some conversion, or background removal, then I'm up for it, why not. :bounce3:

Edited by GROM64

I'm not sure what part of the tail you're talking about

You see the banner and the banner says COWarMod, then under the banner is a squiggly tail, makes the skull look like hes taking a shit,

either that or a ghost, thats what I want to remove, just that so all you see is the whole logo with banner and no squiggly, otherwise it looks great.

That depends, if that work requires drawing, then no, because I can't draw shit.

But if it's only some conversion, or background removal, then I'm up for it, why not.

Its all loading screen stuff, Ill have my buddy do it, as the logo is his work my ideas. I appreciate you helping me out.

I'd like to get all this graphic stuff done before I release a patch with fixes and updates.

Cool exactly what I was referring too.

One more thing to do to it, look at the left jawline of the skull, where the mouth is open, see that whatever is sticking out, can you remove that, so the jaw mouth area is clear, and is seen alone.

That should be perfect after that.

I had tested the new paa ingame without the background for the logos with your edit before, towards the bottem left, and the top right on the main menu, and its Ausome, heres a screenshot:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/9992/mfd1003.jpg

YAaaa! You.....da man :cool:

Thats exactly what I was talking about, I realy had no clue as to what that was by his mouth but its perfect now.

I got the pic and PAA, thank you, I cant use the PBO as I have a whole config that loads other stuff, but thank you.

Is it possible to make COWarMod Say A2WarMod, Just remove CO and add A2, and then another one that says Warmod just by removing the CO but have one on a black background?

Id ask my buddy to do this but i think hes busy with something, hes a freelance computer tech so Im sure hes got some jobs hes doing.

The loading screen with the black background can you make that like the logo, i mean remove the tail and the thing by the mouth but leave the rest?

Thank you for your help.

From the readme located in your COWarMod readme, mod readmes folder:

Features:

* Fully working Car Radio for all cars and trucks in ArmA2

* All ArmA2 musictracks already included

* Add as many own musictracks as you wish

* Filteroptions InGame / own music

* Repeat Funtcion

* Random play

* 12-color display

* 7-color softkeys

* two designs

* Output Level depending on your soundcard / speakers ;-)

Usage:

To make the Car Radio available in your own mission, place the 'Car Radio' Module (found under Modules (F7) > Car Radio) somewhere on your Map.

That's it.

The Radio will be available in any car or truck on the map. Just board it any select 'Car Radio' from the action menu.

Controls:

Some of the control elements should be self-explaining, other might not. Here is a short description of them:

> - Starts the playback (changes to || )

|| - Stops the playback (changes back to > )

+ - Volume up

- - Volume down

>> - Next track

<< - Previous track

/\ - Cycle through filters increasing (ArmA2 Music > User Music > All Music > Custom)

\/ - Cycle through filters decreasing (ArmA2 Music > Custom > All Music > User Music)

OFF - Closes the dialog (music keeps playing!)

Playlist - Opens the Playlist Editor

Repeat - When last track is over, playback beginns from first track (on/off)('Repeat' shown in display)

Random - Random play (on/off)('Random' shown in display)

Key Col - Cycle through the different key-colors

Dspl Col - Cycle through the different display-color or sets automatic color change ('Col. Change' shown in display)

Design - Switches Design (Black / "Silver")

Playlist Editor:

Using the Playlist Editor, you can create your very own playlist.

The list to the right sowns all available tracks. On the left, you see your custom playlist.

< - Adds the track selected in the right list to your playlist (as last item)

> - Removes the track selected in the left list from the playlist

<< - Adds all tracks to the playlist

>> - Removes all tracks from the playlist

Restore - Restores the pre-defined playlist (in userconfig)(manually created playlist will be lost!)

OK - Closes the Playlist Editor and returns to the Radio, you custom playlist will be played

Cancel - Closes the Playlist editor without saving any changes made in the Playlist Editor and returnes to the Radio

Show Tooltips:

It is possible, to show tooltips over some of the buttons of the radio, which explain the function of that button.

To enable these tooltips, write the following code into the init.sqf or the init-line of any unit on the map:

CLAY_RadioShowTooltips = true;

Add your own music:

To add your own music to the Radio, you first have to define it in your description.ext.

Now you can add it to the Radio using the 'CLAY_RadioAddMusic' variable:

CLAY_RadioAddMusic = [ [<Track | String>, <Title | String>, <Time | Number>] ];

Track = The classname of your music, as defined in the description.ext.

Title = The title of the track, like it will be shown in the Radio.

Time = The length of the track in seconds.

At the end it should look something like this:

CLAY_RadioAddMusic = [ ["MySong01", "My Song 1", 123], ["MySong02", "My Song 2", 456] ];

Pre-defined Playlist:

You can create your own playlist, which will be available from mission start (Playlist: Custom).

Open the file '\userconfig\CLAY_CarRadio\CLAY_CarRadio.hpp'. Now you can enter your desired tracks into the array behind _userPlaylist. Format is the same as when adding own music:

_userPlaylist = [ ["Track08_Harvest_Red", "Harvest Red", 78], ["Track26_Organ_Works", "Organ Works", 69], ["MySong01", "My Song 1", 123] ];

Additional vehicle classes:

You can add other vehicle types, which have the Car Radio available. For this, you have to add the vehicle names (from CfgVehicles) to the 'CLAY_RadioAddVehicles' variable.

CLAY_RadioAddVehicles = ["M1A1", "AH1Z", "PBX"];

Vehicles types, for which the radio is not available:

Just like adding additional vehicle types for use with the radio, you can define vehicle types, which won't have the radio available, using the 'CLAY_RadioNoVehicles' variable.

CLAY_RadioNoVehicles = ["SkodaRed", "HMMWV", "TowingTractor"];

Keyboard controls:

The main functions of the Radio can be used directly from your keyboard. The key for every function can be defined.

defaults:

PAUSE - Play / Pause

RIGHT ARROW - Next Track

LEFT ARROW - Previous Track

UP ARROW - Volume Up

DOWN ARROW - Volume Down

To change these, open the file '\userconfig\CLAY_CarRadio\CLAY_CarRadio.hpp'.

Add the desired key number behind any of the variables _keyPlay, _keyNext, _keyPre, _keyVolUp and _keyVolDown.

Known Bugs:

* Clicking on the next (>>) or previous (<<) keys very fast might result in the timer not working correctly.

* Drag & Drop in Playlist Editor only works to add tracks to your own playlist. You can't remove tracks this way nor can you sort your playlist. (I'm working on a workaround for this, but I'm not sure if it's possible at all.)

For further information, support and an example mission showing you how to add your own music and additional vehicle types, please visit the following link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82665

i have a problem maybe a bug in some pbo but cant indentificate

appears this error: No entry "bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets.bloodbig"

Hi Günter,

- Is an ACE compatible version of WarMod planned for the future?

- By his answer seems Sickboy is very insterested in giving WM support for Six Updater. Please, could you give us a couple of updates in the future about how's going its implementation? :)

- Have you or other modder planned campaigns and missions for WarMod?

Thanks for all :D

i have a problem maybe a bug in some pbo but cant indentificate

appears this error: No entry "bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets.bloodbig"

Ya I seen this before, its a debug message, i believe its related to SLX_Wounds where if a soldier gets hit his supposed

to dismember but it dont happen on some particular occasion. I wouldn't worry about it.

- Is an ACE compatible version of WarMod planned for the future?

No, not unless I get 25+ votes on my poll for ACE-->http://warmod.webs.com/poll.htm

to much work involved to just come out with something ACE compatible, its like a months worth of work, maybe more all depends,

COWarMod is big and theres alot of testing involved, I personally dont play with ACE, just COWarMod, so if you guys want it

then you need to let me know that you really do, otherwise Im not going to spend the time to do it.

I'll build it but im not doing it for a few guys.

- By his answer seems Sickboy is very insterested in giving WM support for Six Updater.

Please, could you give us a couple of updates in the future about how's going its implementation?

Well I had looked into it a little, but I have been to busy with real life atm, also trying to get a small project done for the next

update which is taking its piss ass time, but yes I will be getting SU setup once i figure out how it works, but I will also have

manual updates as normal for those that like zip files.

- Have you or other modder planned campaigns and missions for WarMod?

No, my mod is an enhancement mod it has nothing to do with units, or vehicles, or factions, or a particular genre of war. I find your question

rather out of context in relation to the understanding of what my mod does, I build missions for myself and friends I play with on

our server thats it, I have some missions if you want them, but theres nothing "official" or unique about them as you

can play them with or without COWarMod.

No, my mod is an enhancement mod it has nothing to do with units, or vehicles, or factions, or a particular genre of war. I find your question rather out of context in relation to the understanding of what my mod does

You are right, in theory the changes your mod does would make it compatible with the majority of missions and campaigns designed for ArmA2, OA or CO alone but just the changes made to the AI in several of the mods included will mess the behaviour of many of these missions and campaigns. I've found myself unable to finish many missions because some script or trigger didn't activate. It's frustrating in long missions find that one character or event doesn't activate and having to restart the mission deactivating the mod. That's why I consider creating campaigns and missions which are tested and played prior to release with your mod is essential in order to WarMod gains popularity.

P.S. I'd like to give you specific details on how the Ai mods mess up in missions and campaigns but I know nothing about the editor and scripting. I'm amazed it never happened to you since in my experience is a pretty common event. :)