my mistake, I'm going through the readmes right now.

What PBO can i remove to go back to the original stances for soldiers? Is it TrueGameplay_Animation_TransitionSpeed? That's the only one I could find that affects the player stance. Minus that and the auto zoom this mod is fantastic.

Great stuff here! its nice to have all these in one package!

Edited by Nightrain

<sarcasm>woo, I've been always having trouble with the super hardcore realism of the planes in A2</sarcasm>

My thoughts exactly. I prefer harder / more advanced flight model my self. But whatever, I shalln't complain.

I'm having some real problems with this mod:

First all around defense? What the hell is this? One minute I'm walking point in Sangin with my guys in a column, next thing I know I order them to form this thing without issuing any type of command. I like the idea of being able to consolidate and I understand the concept of why it's in your mod, but I don't get why I randomly order my men into this formation.

When I pilot choppers it forces my crew to eject to form the defense.

Random chatter: It's extremely random and doesn't make any sense, not sure what the point of having it in the mod is. It's more confusing than anything.

AI in general seems to be stupider, after unfucking them from the all around defense they wouldn't return to a column. instead of aligning off of me, they seem to just follow the person ahead of them, who just happened to be stuck in a compound so they wouldn't budge.

More of a personal note, but is there a way I can change the player stance and movement? The slow jog with my weapon up just feels awkward, the vanilla game does a good job of making my weapon lower automatically when I run. Seems like it's just another step that isn't needed.

I really liked your A2Warmod and there's a lot of features I do like about this one. But these things are pretty annoying and makes it hard for me to not want to revert back to ACE2.

Been playing real hard and really enjoying it. Yup, the handsignals made me confused but I try to be the type of person who reads information before annoying ppl with redundant posts. Runs smooth and beautiful without any bugs so far. Great work!

The Hebrew Hammer: You know you can modify this yourself, right? Just delete the pbos you don't like.

http://warmod.webs.com/arma2cofeaturesdetail.htm

Look for:

Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI)

CG animation replacement/enhancement pack

And the All round defence is "ard.pbo". (haven't found this on the list)

Thanks for the pack Gunter. I'm not going to download the whole package, but I might pick some of the mods separately. There are some modifications which I didn't know / forgot about them.

Any Metal heads in the forums here?

Yes! ;)

Fantastic package mate. Love the way you've combined it all yet kept it modular so that we can tweak it to our heart's content!

1 remark though, in the readme "67 SLX Files in COWarMod" I see that you have list SLX_NetCode. Yet in another document you identify this pbo as a probable source of errors as it might be conflicting with CBA.

So which is right? Remove SLX_NetCode.pbo?

Same question about SLX_ShotEffects...

I was also wondering about the few pbo from SLX that weren't in either of your lists, e.g.

SLX_Mod_Man_Armor

SLX_Optics

SLX_Optics_3D

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_VehicleEffects

Presumably these were omitted deliberately, right?

Edited by domokun

Thanks for the feedback and questions, sory i couldn't get to them sooner, i ahd to leave for work last night, i work a 3rd shift, Im out the door by 8pm central.

Great stuff here! its nice to have all these in one package!

Thank you and your welcome, that very idea i had back in 2009 when i was playing Arma1, and I said as I was browsing

through all the misc effects, and gamplay mods, I was like why dont someone take all these addons and mods and put them

in one mod, and who would have thought it be me, lol and it worked!

I'm having some real problems with this mod:

First all around defense? What the hell is this? One minute I'm walking point in Sangin with my guys in a column, next thing

I know I order them to form this thing without issuing any type of command. I like the idea of being able to consolidate

and I understand the concept of why it's in your mod, but I don't get why I randomly order my men into this formation.

When I pilot choppers it forces my crew to eject to form the defense.

Random chatter: It's extremely random and doesn't make any sense, not sure what the point of having

it in the mod is. It's more confusing than anything.

AI in general seems to be stupider, after unfucking them from the all around defense they wouldn't return to a column.

instead of aligning off of me, they seem to just follow the person ahead of them, who just happened

to be stuck in a compound so they wouldn't budge.

More of a personal note, but is there a way I can change the player stance and movement? The slow jog with

my weapon up just feels awkward, the vanilla game does a good job of making my weapon lower automatically

when I run. Seems like it's just another step that isn't needed.

I really liked your A2Warmod and there's a lot of features I do like about this one. But these things are pretty

annoying and makes it hard for me to not want to revert back to ACE2.

Understandable,

well let me help you clear some things up and then well get you to where you want with the mod.

first understand that COWarMod is customizable, that basically means that the mod is not set in stone or anything cant be

changed as there are no configs, all the changes can be done by you and the mod is not designed or built in mind so that you

will like everything about it, believe me there are some addons and mods I dont care for

so I have some removed but all the addons and mods in COWarMod, like the other versions of WarMod are really

options in one package, this means again you can customize your game.

So to start,

lets start with your first question:

First all around defense? What the hell is this?

This is ARD (All around Defense):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12815

Watch the vids.

But you need to customize your controls so that Ard doesn't get in your way when you dont need it or want it running.

If you want to use it, then go into the userconfig, look for ARD and change the key for these 2 controls:

Default Keys - can be changed in the user-config:
F1 = Open ARD Menu
1 = Quick ARD

If your not interested in this feature which is fine, then you can remove this mod by going into the

CoWarMod addons folder and removing this file:

ard.pbo

next question:

More of a personal note, but is there a way I can change the player stance and movement?
What PBO can i remove to go back to the original stances for soldiers?

Try:

smk_anims

smk_anims.pbo.SMK.bisign

smk_anims.pbo.v2ECL.bisign

smk_anims_manager

smk_anims_manager.pbo.SMK.bisign

These files belong to this mod (vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vklOq6KFQy4

Do you like this stuff?, as if you remove those files you'll get your normal stance back.

On a personal note, I like this mod, but I find it clumsy and to much to do, I like simple, so I personally dont use it,

Im to used to vanilla game with my control setup.

Random chatter: It's extremely random and doesn't make any sense, not sure what the point of

having it in the mod is. It's more confusing than anything.

its more for atmophere, if you pay attention ingame when you are in or lead a squad the AI say things based on

the situation, but if you want the random chatter removed then, remove these files:

RUG_DSAI

RUG_DSAI.pbo.RUG.bisign

RUG_DSAIENG

RUG_DSAIENG.pbo.RUG.bisign

RUG_DSAIGen

RUG_DSAIGen.pbo.RUG.bisign

RUG_DSAIRUS

RUG_DSAIRUS.pbo.RUG.bisign

sar_krik.pbo

sar_krik_start.pbo

extended_eventhandlers.pbo

slx_dialogue

slx_dialogue.pbo.SLX_MOD_A2.bisign

Thanks for the pack Gunter. I'm not going to download the whole package, but I

might pick some of the mods separately.

Well youll have to if you want to do that, lol but the mod is customizable, if you dont like some features

then remove them, if you dont know which feature does what , then let me know Ill tell you.

Originally Posted by Günter Severloh

Any Metal heads in the forums here?

Yes!

You see the trailer?

1 remark though, in the readme "67 SLX Files in COWarMod" I see that you have list SLX_NetCode.

Yet in another document you identify this pbo as a probable source of errors as it might be conflicting with CBA.

So which is right? Remove SLX_NetCode.pbo?

Same question about SLX_ShotEffects...

I was also wondering about the few pbo from SLX that weren't in either of your lists, e.g.

SLX_Mod_Man_Armor

SLX_Optics

SLX_Optics_3D

SLX_TankCommanderGun

SLX_VehicleEffects

Presumably these were omitted deliberately, right?

Yes they are delibertly, and no leave them as they there, if you get problems let me know.

I had tested SLX alot, on its own, with many other mods, and the current combination I found to be the most stable and best.

Remember your not running SLX on its own in COWarMod so thats the key there.

SLX_Mod_Man_Armor was added to the mod because I removed:

slx_modweapons_c which if you remember from the SLX thread made an enemy soldier take alot of hits before going down

(like 5-10 hits), well i did some tests and found that if you just removed the slx_modweapons_c and mod man armor, you ended up with

almost 1 shot kills, I mean literally id go into a village and mo down every solder without wounding even with SLX wounds in there,

it was cool, yes, but it was unrealistic, and kinda of killed the immersion.

So I had to compensate, and when you add mod man armor in replace of slx_modweapons_c then you get a balance with

the SLX wounds, meaning, you can basically kill a guy with 1-3 hits and it would feel realistic and still have the wounding happen.

The slx_modweapons_c if you remember

does this:

Bullet damage changed to have

variable amounts of damage based on hit accuracy of the body part so that some bullet hits can be critical hits

that do full damage and others can be grazing hits that do less damage.

Many values based on CAVS the Common Armor Value System (http://203.96.151.15/ofpnz/ofsi_cavs.htm)

which translates real life muitions statistics into game values,

many of the sources and information are documented in the .cpp comments, most explsives values are

based on actual explosives charge weight. AI settings changed to

make AI use the weapons, ammunition, and fire modes effectively as humans would.

Now to make up the difference for ballistics we have Fincuan's latest version for Ballistics, Muzzle velocity,

which really makes shooting more realistic.

For everyone's info the userconfig for Infantry Stealth and Recognition SkillsMod, I had done what

everyone seemed to be askign for in this thread for the mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95484

I had went through the entire config, and changed the values, this alone took me 2 days to change and test,

I changed the values based on the skill, or what a soldier does in these classes, as I felt that being a spec ops dude,

your stealth had to be good, your skills for sight sound, where excellent, and then for a reg soldier, even insurgent its

based on training, so a USMC soldier would have more skill vs an Afghanistan, or Takistan I should say insurgent.

The combination turned out pretty good.

======================================

Any other questions please let me know, and please read the readmes.

I will be updating my website with all info, and will also becoming out with COWarMod v1.0 full version it has updates, and fixes,

files removed ect, and then ill have a patch that has a list of things to remove, as well as updates and such.

So do me a favor help me make this mod better for you.

REQUEST

Also a request if possible and I have no time to do it for a while but if someone could record some video footage

of gameplay, or record features, or even make a cool trailer, whatever of COWarMod and I will psot it on the first page of this

thread, as well as add it to my site, and get it added to Armaholic.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hello Günter,

all i wanna do is playing with a lot of fun, this Mod, COWarMod, set the level up to the top!! :)

All included stuff works fine and all of your hard work to make it run is great, for sure.

I love this mod, cause its realistic, but playable!

I have written a preview about your COWarMod to the community of www.Arma2Base.de and the präsentation in the dailyNews on this side is a big Thanks for you! :)

Best regards

McLupo

If I'm using COWarMod, do I still need ArmaWarMod?

Can I use them both together?

Thx

Hello Kommiekat,

if u have only ArmA2 u need A2WarMod, cause it´s not made for CO!

If u own ArmA2 and OA u need only the great stuff from COWarMod.

if u installing both you get a lot of conflicts!

See Günther Severloh website for further information about that great mod!! ;)

Regards

McLupo

Hello, I have a few questions. First of all, your compilation is great and I love almost every feature in it, so thanks for that. But to my questions - I think the "dying" animations are a bit too fast. How can I slow it down, or get back the vanilla anim? Which files affect it? Also, the combat seems to be a bit faster than what I'm used to (been using Zeus AI alone, the AI accuracy dispersion is what made the combat more intensive and longer). Is there any way to configurate that or the weapon dispersion?

Thanks McLupo.

If I'm using COWarMod, do I still need ArmaWarMod?

Can I use them both together?

No. DO not use A2WarMod and COWarMod together, if you have Arma2CO then theres no sense in using A2WarMod.

A2WarMod has 38 mods from A2WarMod that work in OA, but the rest of A2WarMod does not work, plus the addons and mods,

files in COWarMod are updated for OA and only work for OA.

Plus CoWarMod has better and latest stuff then A2WarMod, running both at the same time would be pointless as your not

missing anything from A2WarMod that has any value.

If your playing Arma2 alone then use A2WarMod, but if you have Arma2CO then use COWarMod, but not both at the same time.

I think the "dying" animations are a bit too fast. How can I slow it down, or get back the vanilla anim?

Which files affect it?

Their actually pretty realistic compared to the vanilla game, the vanilla game when an enemy or whoever dies and falls

down its like a slow motion, watch vids of folks getting shot an you can see for yourself, but if you want that feature

removed this is the file to remove it:

SLX_Anim_Death: Faster dying animations. Based on timings from real footage.

the combat seems to be a bit faster than what I'm used to (been using Zeus AI alone, the AI accuracy dispersion is

what made the combat more intensive and longer). Is there any way to configurate that or the weapon dispersion?

Try without Zeus AI, also refer to the readme AI Mods in COWarMod

Also refer to your userconfg for the Mounted_MG_Dispersion, you can change those values to fit your needs.

Refer to the asr ai config, read the info in the settings, you can adjust those to where you see fit.

Lastly the Inf_Stealth_Recognition config, look through that config, and adjust the values, I had doen this already but

if you wish to lower the numbers that will definatly help, if you need help with this one i can tell you what you can adjust.

Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I had added a page to my website, titled Poll.

Currently there is a Poll up for ACE players if they want an Ace Compatible version of COWarMod.

Check it out here:

http://warmod.webs.com/poll.htm

I do understand that the mod is customizable, I was just looking for which specific PBOs to remove. There were a lot of them in your description relating to stances of the shooter so I was just removing anything that even had anything relating to that in it.

I will have to look into the ARD issues I'm having. I'm sure I could have triggered it while commanding ground troops, but I'm failing to understand why it happened while I was in a chopper at the onset of a mission without me pressing any buttons

Also I'm thinking ImprovedHelicopterAttackBehavior may be messing with anyone who uses unitcapture for helicopter insertions. It works, but the chopper becomes extremely bouncy, about ten times more than normal when using unitcapture. I've yet to mess around with it further. It may require you re-record any coordinates while running COWarMod to make it smooth.

ImprovedHelicopterAttackBehavior may be messing with anyone who uses unitcapture for helicopter insertions.

Very possible, but by itself it works np, if its giving you trouble for what your playing then remove it, about all you can really do.

If you guys find any bugs, or anything in the mod that is causing issues then please report it so we can do something about it.

thanks for your feedback.

thx for your work and time with all of this günter. just dowload it and will give it a try this weekend. keep it up m8.

An error keeps popping up saying userconfig file ARD/ARD.hpp not found.

I went to the user config files and put it in the directory but it keeps popping up!

An error keeps popping up saying userconfig file ARD/ARD.hpp not found.

I went to the user config files and put it in the directory but it keeps popping up!

Make sure you have an ARD folder in the userconfig.

I have two questions if I may :)

First of all, I need help with "extended_eventhandlers". I have old version and I didn't find version 3.0.6 anywhere. I've searched armaholic, armedassault.info and dev-heaven but nothing, any ideas where could I find them ?

My second issue is the same as campbell_corpse have. After I launch a mission, every BLUFOR GL soldier have a M16A2 rifle with grenade launcher but If I play as a GL soldier everything is normal, it happens only with AI soldiers. I don't use any other addons just COWarMod and CBA. I have Arma 2 with OA and actual patches (no beta patches) and thats all. I don't wanna delete ASR and TBR PBO's because I like finally have some buddies which can aim and have a lot of ammo.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I need help with "extended_eventhandlers". I have old version and I didn't find version 3.0.6 anywhere.

I've searched armaholic, armedassault.info and dev-heaven but nothing, any ideas where could I find them ?

I'm assuming your asking about the error message your getting at the bottem left of your screen ingame,

and the message says something along the line of extended event handlers 3.0.6

You dont need it if you already have CBA.

Go into your COWarMod addons folder and find this file:

extended_eventhandlers

and delete it, and that message at the bottem left will go away.

My second issue is the same as campbell_corpse have. After I launch a mission, every BLUFOR GL soldier

have a M16A2 rifle with grenade launcher but If I play as a GL soldier everything is normal, it happens only with AI soldiers.

I don't use any other addons just COWarMod and CBA. I have Arma 2 with OA and actual patches (no beta patches) and thats all.

And what is normal? I really dont see what the issue is.

What faction of Blufor are you playing with?

I really dont have any ideas, there only one mod that adds weapons that are cutomizable in COWarMod but I know that

doesn't do what your problem is, as I dont have that running and i get what your getting, but Im missing the point on whats wrong with it.

I deleted the files : sam_handsignals and sam_handsignals.pbo.SAM.bisign and I have lost a chaotic animation "handsignals" but unfortunately some still working Example: I can not shoot from the corner tilt to the left "Q" to tilt the right to "E" as a result of endless idiotic hand signaling and eventually the inevitable stupid death ;-)

I question why this MOD is placed in the main folder MODS would be logical to put it in a folder "mods for coop"probably it's fun to run around and gestures hands but it's better to shoot :-D

please help me get rid of it, idiotic mod

Günter Severloh Thanks for a great mod, I thank you but unfortunately I'm too lazy or stupid

reminded me of this

Edited by zoldatpizdat

I'm assuming your asking about the error message your getting at the bottem left of your screen ingame,

and the message says something along the line of extended event handlers 3.0.6

You dont need it if you already have CBA.

Go into your COWarMod addons folder and find this file:

extended_eventhandlers

and delete it, and that message at the bottem left will go away.

And what is normal? I really dont see what the issue is.

What faction of Blufor are you playing with?

I really dont have any ideas, there only one mod that adds weapons that are cutomizable in COWarMod but I know that

doesn't do what your problem is, as I dont have that running and i get what your getting, but Im missing the point on whats wrong with it.

Yea i have the same problem as him. What he's trying to say is that any blufor faction grenadier unit has his weapon switched out with an M16A2 w/203 instead of the normal weapon the soldier would have. But this problem does not happen when you play as a grenadier soldier. When you play as a gl soldier you get the normal weapon the grenadier would use instead of the M16A2 the ai get switched to.

I applaud the OP for making the best set of game tweaks available, ever.

Even if I had to delete some shit what I don't like, that's the good part of this, even if you delete everything except one addon it will work flawlessly.

The AI mods are very good.

Hello Kommiekat,

if u have only ArmA2 u need A2WarMod, cause it´s not made for CO!

If u own ArmA2 and OA u need only the great stuff from COWarMod.

if u installing both you get a lot of conflicts!

See Günther Severloh website for further information about that great mod!! ;)

Regards

McLupo

Thanks McLupo.

Thanks guys! That was some great help!

Yea i have the same problem as him. What he's trying to say is that any blufor faction grenadier unit has

his weapon switched out with an M16A2 w/203 instead of the normal weapon the soldier would have. But this problem

does not happen when you play as a grenadier soldier. When you play as a gl soldier you get the normal weapon the

grenadier would use instead of the M16A2 the ai get switched to.

Dont know what to tell you, if it bothers you guys so much then remove some stuff and play around with it, and see what happens.

I personally always play grenadier, so maybe i never noticed the issue, and dont see anything wrong with it, if your

game isn't crashing or freezing then what is that your trying to tell me?

I dont know what the problem is and I really dont see a problem, I mean why does it matter so much that

the AI is using m16A2, would you rather them not have weapons, i mean if your shooting at the enemy whats it matter

if your AI squad buddies have what weapon, as long as they have one.

I deleted the files : sam_handsignals and sam_handsignals.pbo.SAM.bisign and I have lost a chaotic

animation "handsignals" but unfortunately some still working Example: I can not shoot from the corner tilt to

the left "Q" to tilt the right to "E" as a result of endless idiotic hand signaling and eventually the inevitable stupid death ;-)

I question why this MOD is placed in the main folder MODS would be logical to put it in a folder "mods for coop"probably

it's fun to run around and gestures hands but it's better to shoot :-D

please help me get rid of it, idiotic mod

Other then what I bolded, Im missing wht your trying to say, hitting q and e assuming that is your control setup for the leaning ingame.

There is another animation mod running other then Sam hand signals if thats what you referring to:

Try:

smk_anims

smk_anims.pbo.SMK.bisign

smk_anims.pbo.v2ECL.bisign

smk_anims_manager

smk_anims_manager.pbo.SMK.bisign

These files belong to this mod (vid):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vklOq6KFQy4

Do you like this stuff?, as if you remove those files you'll get your normal stance back, and remove animations.

I applaud the OP for making the best set of game tweaks available, ever.

Even if I had to delete some shit what I don't like, that's the good part of this, even if

you delete everything except one addon it will work flawlessly.

The AI mods are very good.

OP?

Edited by Gnter Severloh