lee_h._oswald

A fix for Full Axis throttle mapping - Possible Solution inside!

Attention pilots!

We all know that it isn't really possible in the arma series to use the complete throttle on our joysticks for 100% thrust.

You can only use 50% for thrust and 50% for "brakes".

The only "fix" for this I know about is described here:

A fix for Full Axis throttle mapping by TheHarvesteR

==========

Now I found another solution, that works perfect for me.

I have the Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick and while looking for an "Logitech Profiler" Update on the wingmanteam website I found this:

On the Wingman Gadgets site is a little programm called "DXTweak 2".

Description:
This is an update to the DXTweak application that works with newer USB devices.  Has support for Windows® 98, 98se, Me, 2000, and XP.  DirectX 8.0 or later is required.  Has support for loading and saving of tweaks.  See Readme.txt file for details.

Note: Under Windows® 2000/XP, the deadzone setting cannot be saved.  This is a DirectX issue and will hopefully be resolved in the next release of DirectInput.

Download DXTweak2.exe (32-bit) or DXTweak2.exe (64-bit). 
Launch DXTweak2.exe. 

I downloaded the 64bit version(I'm using Win7 64bit).

When you click the .exe you get this:

DXTweak1.jpg

==========

To get the solution navigate to the "throttle" tab.

DXTweak2.jpg

==========

Now change the "cen" value to 255.

DXTweak3.jpg

==========

Now the throttle on my joystick is 100% mapped for thrust!!

DXTweak4.jpg

I don't know if it will work for your joystick, please test and report!

MfG Lee :)

Works great on a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X without having to mess with PPjoy and GlovePIE. Thanks!

However, the helicopter does not lift off until the throttle is at around 75%. Throttle at %50 causes the helicopter to lose altitude fairly quickly and the threshold for hover is very very thin. Is this the expected behaviour? My throttle axis is set to 0% sensitivity in-game.

Works great on a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X without having to mess with PPjoy and GlovePIE. Thanks!

However, the helicopter does not lift off until the throttle is at around 75%. Throttle at %50 causes the helicopter to lose altitude fairly quickly and the threshold for hover is very very thin. Is this the expected behaviour? My throttle axis is set to 0% sensitivity in-game.

The whole topic is long gone with 1.60 you can assign the whole range of an axis like e throttle slider by assigning BOTH + and - range to that single slider.