Sign in to follow this  
Falke88

Allys changing side when attacked - disable?

Hey guys!

I just played a coop mission with some friends and we suddenly killed few takistani guerillas while fighting agains the takistan army with them.

we got attacked by the takistani guerillas afterwards and they seem to switched to EAST side then - cause they didnt attack the army and the army didnt attacked them.

How can I disable that killing allys will change their side?

I don't think you can turn this off, at least not that I'm aware of.

Simply don't shoot at everything that moves. Only shoot if they shoot at you, or if you are ordered to shoot at them.

Edited by Nicholas

You fired at a friendly side... You killed them. What did you expect them to do?

Bake you a sweet cake?

Its not about the logical fact here guys - you can turn off a lot in arma2 - why can't turn off that stuff :/

Because you won't learn to play the game otherwise?

ArmA2 lets you turn off many things but not the basic human logic.

If a friendly kill is such a big deal for you (which can only be if it happens often) - the problem is not with a game.

You have to answer for your choices and mistakes - that's what makes ArmA stand out.

Place trigger, activated repeatedly.

Condition: rating player!=0

On act: player addRating -rating player

@ Celery thanks!

@ metalcraze

useless information u giving me there - why just dont answer my question and stop trolling my thread? You ever thought about that I maybe have a reason to turn it off other then just have an easier gameplay?

I think what's happening is that it's not the geurillas that are changing sides - it's you, by your actions. Same thing would happen if you shot your own army side, they don't swap sides, you become another enemy. You don't swap sides exactly, as you'll still be targeted by the Taki army.

Yes because rating isn't carried over to the new unit. You could do a solid addRating at the start to prevent becoming a rebel.

You fired at a friendly side... You killed them. What did you expect them to do?

Bake you a sweet cake?

i dont think some friendly fire on Iraq will make American Army and British Army fight each other and just ignore Sadam:p

i dont think some friendly fire on Iraq will make American Army and British Army fight each other and just ignore Sadam:p

It only happens to the shooter.

I think what's happening is that it's not the geurillas that are changing sides - it's you, by your actions. Same thing would happen if you shot your own army side, they don't swap sides, you become another enemy. You don't swap sides exactly, as you'll still be targeted by the Taki army.
Edited by ProfTournesol

You can shoot at your team in ArmA, it's just once you KILL someone on your team that they consider you a traitor. I believe in the real world you could be filed with criminal charges if such thing happened.

Bake you a sweet cake?

I hope this is an option in ArmA 3 to gain the support of resistance forces: by baking them a cake. ;)

I hope this is an option in ArmA 3 to gain the support of resistance forces: by baking them a cake. ;)

Heck, for that much I'd expect the ability to convert an enemy over to my side...

Let them eat cake so their ex-allies can eat my OG-7! :yay:

Be careful not to leave the thing out in the rain. Dreadful song ;)