Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Maybe already have the answer but believed best to post prior to breaking my Arma2. I want to streamline my keys so that I do not have extra keys laying around that I do not use. Amoungst these are the ACRE InteractSelf and Backwards commands. In order to remove these do I just change required commands class in the acre_keys.hpp to show "key = ;" or is there a number to show not assigned? Or would removing these classes within my acre_keys.hpp not cause any problems?

Hmm... make a backup of the acre_keys.hpp

Then, you can try to add a number which is not assigned in the list, like 999.

This could work, but i never tried it by myself, so no guarantee xD

Edited by B1n4ry

nouber or the other guys: how does vehicle radio work? I was in littlebird yesterday , with alt-shift-q i was able to open up the 117 radio, i don't know if it was available because i put mine into cargo, or is that radio by default in aircrafts?

i opened it up and it was active (had red entry in my action menu, stop using 117) i wasn't able to communicate to squadleader. I assume i have to hit a button or so on the right side in the radio panel. Also i don't know about z-all and these settings. Do i have to connect the radio with power supply of heli or something like that ? any help or link to any wiki or tutorial would be nice

117.jpg

what does PT, OFF and all the other settings on the button at the questionmark mean?

Just wanna get into heli, select radio, select channel 5..But after activating radio with alt-shift-q, i open it it with shift-ctrl-x to select channel 5..Afterwards i can't hear leader on radio

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

That PT button thing is not implanted in ACRE.

You can change settings, when you hit the PGM (Num 8) botton und then ENT once.

The menu you enter after that, you can change several things, but the only thing what should be important for you are the Power settings.

Like you allready noticed, with Alt+Shift+Q you can enter the Vehicle mount, and use the "onbord" radio.

Problem is, its not working from begining, read my post on the preview site.

Otherways, here is the Wiki -> http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki

all right, i try that out, i was afk in chopper yesterday and suddenly after returning it worked for some reason. I'll try your gear suggestions

i got a question regarding pvp with acre:

I want to do a mission: Team A (opfor) has to hold and secure Cherna main airfield, Team B (blufor) has to attack and take out all opfor enemies, it's without respawn. I never played opfor with acre, so before starting to edit, i just wanna make sure how it works. Is it possible to add 148's and 343's to opfor, are the frequencies different. Haven't seen an info yet. A friend told me he was able to spy on blufor in insurgency after he picked up radio from a dead blufor guy, but he hasn't had a radio by default. I never tried that. Plz help ..Thx a lot

i got a question regarding pvp with acre:

I want to do a mission: Team A (opfor) has to hold and secure Cherna main airfield, Team B (blufor) has to attack and take out all opfor enemies, it's without respawn. I never played opfor with acre, so before starting to edit, i just wanna make sure how it works. Is it possible to add 148's and 343's to opfor, are the frequencies different. Haven't seen an info yet. A friend told me he was able to spy on blufor in insurgency after he picked up radio from a dead blufor guy, but he hasn't had a radio by default. I never tried that. Plz help ..Thx a lot

From what I can tell all the radios have the same frequencies, no matter what side they are given to. I believe UO solves this "problem" in some missions with a script that sets the radios on both sides to different frequencies at the start of the mission.

I think its documented here.

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/236

Just a idea I had to add onto what Koldyn posted about retrans with ACRE.

I have no coding experience but my thought of implementing the TACSAT would be to deploy it like you would a Crew-served Weapon via ACE and then have a Interaction to connect it to your Radio (I.E. "Connect to PRC-117").

Would be awesome to see this implemented and I would have no problem providing the ACRE Dev Team with my knowledge of the TACSAT.

Just my 2 cents.

-Porter

Should we hold off updating to 3.0.6 or does the current (public) version of ACRE work with it?

I'd hold off on updating.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thanks Porter to assist in my ticket, I talking more times ago for devs about this, but he ask me, he oriented on some another ;), but be great to have a retransmiters...

There is nothing stopping anyone from making a retransmitter like this. The API functions for retrans have been around for a LONG time.

There is nothing stopping anyone from making a retransmitter like this. The API functions for retrans have been around for a LONG time.

Im searching for the documentation on this but cant seem to find it

I would like to add an optional mission into a mission Im working on. Which is on takistan.

Where by the players can take an object to a predetermined set of 3 locations to create a retransmitter station.

but i cant find this API your talking abut :(

Nou, if you can make a retransmiters, we can make all requred models!

Come on just do it :)!

Thanks for the info link

little things forming good stuff ;)

- "Details more important in general" ;)

I keep getting requests to add the 1.4 version on the official SU network ;-) (Hint Hint) :D

Should I just add it? Apparently it solves a lot of headaches.

Edited by Sickboy

I keep getting requests to add the 1.4 version on the official SU network ;-) (Hint Hint) :D

I wonder what pestering person could be doing that...

*Suspicious look*

Edited by Heaney

I wonder what pestering person could be doing that...

*Suspicious look*

:D
But vehicle radios ARE broke in 1.3.16
If you check the page before his post, he's talking about TS3 3.0.6 :P

would be too much to ask that when you lie near a machine gun without an earplug and you go deaf, to turn down the TS3 volume or add some kind of effect? just an idea

having trouble installing mine, it says it comes with the auto installer but i cannot find that, and when i do it manually it seems fine but when i load Arma 2 CO it plays but i keep getting an annoying beeping sounds, and it says it needs the dsound.dll something and to check the jayArma2lib instal, anyone have this problem or know how to fix?