Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Its too quiet on my stereo headphones and its too loud on the G930s...

some another, fREAk, try to play 5-7 hours with ACRE, and begin hate this BEEP sound too! :)

Nou, please change or move sounds as standalone

I personally have no porblem with the sound it makes, and I haven't heard any complaints about it from other people, UNLESS people are constantly spamming on 1 channel, that isn't an ACRE issue however, it is a person issue.

Yea, we have 40-60 player games at UO all the time and I've never heard a real complaint about the beep. If you have good coms procedure you aren't going to be spamming the radio all the time. To be honest it should be jarring somewhat to hear because its meant to get your attention.

Mates, please stop talking about, good, not good, dont heared complaints, im like this etc! ...

This feature is obviously requred not for your owen likes!

Maby some guys love this headboom sounds (40-80 pplz), but what about other ~2000 players who use ACRE?!

Nou, please add ability to change a this sound and who want can keep it as default, other who want can change it how he likes! OMG!

This is obvious undeniable fact that initially was obliged to attend, right mates!? :confused:

Mates, please stop talking about, good, not good, dont heared complaints, im like this etc! ...

This feature is obviously requred not for your owen likes!

Maby some guys love this headboom sounds (40-80 pplz), but what about other ~2000 players who use ACRE?!

Nou, please add ability to change a this sound and who want can keep it as default, other who want can change it how he likes! OMG!

This is obvious undeniable fact that initially was obliged to attend, right mates!? :confused:

Like we often say over at ACE, if authors (incl us ACE chaps) do not provide what you are after - you can always create an override addon (config/scripts) to adjust things to your needs, and distribute amongst your companions.

Just because authors feel differently and do not wish to spend time supporting it, does not mean that has to be the end - that's the true power of ARMA ;-)

Somethings, though probably not in this case, can be arranged with just a server-side addon, or a mission script.

If you can't do it - there must be someone else in those 2000 players who can :P

Besides, when mind is set to purpose, one can accomplish almost anything ;)

Only 1 person has to do it, and share it :) Perhaps the authors would even be open to accept your work and merge it into the official release :dreaming:

Disclaimer: I am not advocating (nor endorsing) modification of other people's addon files,

yet the "Override Config" phenomenon does not require it anyway.

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy, here we talking about to move beep sound to file (he is not in config files :)), because current exploding brains after long playing time.

We ask about this more times ago for dev's, but he ignoring it :(, here just a few poeoples talking about this becase its annoinng, other dont wont to talk about this or dont have a BIF accounts and dont know English, or just skip it and dont want to play with ACRE anymore, because hate this annoing sound, we hear lot shit-words about this of players, after i never seen he playing with ACRE,

- "WTF, stop beeping in my head, damn I close TS or disable this ACRE"!

- "Why, what happend"?

- "This damn f8cking sounds explode my head, who make this 'pain', who is this mazahist and likes to mock peoples, damn"?!

p.s. its not my words, we hear some like this many times on different servers...

Where is the sound located? Inside the TS3 plugin dll?? Cause then please ignore my messages, as what I understood was that the sound is located in the PBO's but just not configurable :)

Edited by Sickboy

Why other peoples must do that, if dev must care about this in begins?! who is bitching? nobody! Its massive requst of big ammount of players in different servers of different countryes and gameplay modes!

Its obviously important!

Sickboy, check your SU, count how mutch servers playing with ACRE, visit all and ask for each - "Do you like a beep sound? DId you want to change it to more better?" interesing what you hear on this answer :D

Note: I make this poll in main part of RU and some other communitys, ~74% want to change it or have ability to make a personal beep, other 26% ask me "but what can we do to change it? and 'nah skip it, I dont want use ACRE' (character's specific)", participated in the poll 359 peoples, its a VALUE! Im never siting without deal ;) :cool:

Edited by J-Guid

I guess you started responding to my post before I updated it - Is the sound file now in the dll or is it in one of the PBO's??

I can imagine it is harder to do if it's included in the dll.

In any case to answer your question "Why other peoples must do that", I think the answer is obvious;

Because you (and others) do not like it, and because the Author seems to disagree, and is evidently not implementing it as of yet.

But if you guys prefer to stop using the awesome ACRE just because of a stupid sound, well who am I to judge, eh? :P

its inside DLL, but i think be posible to move it in separate file, and on soundplace put link to file.

If dev's dont have time to change it, send sources to us please, we find optimal way to resolve this issue

And its not only MY team :), some other clans and servers dont like it too!

If you don't care about proper radio usage/procedures people do + will chitchat about everything.... There is a reason why soldiers are trained to think before speaking through the radio. ;)

@NoRailgunner you take the word out of my mouth ! i don't have any problem with the radio with acre, why ? my mate who play with me know how and when to speak if they want to speak about their life they can in the normal chat ;)

@J-Guid, maybe you misunderstood me ... but i feel the same. Weather i turn down my SoundVol

to a level so low, that cant communicate when a vehicle engine is running beside me, or turn off

my Radio. Mostly when i play longer sessions, my Headset is on the Desk in front of me - not on my head.

@All: It's a problem that has'nt anything to do with Radio-Discipline. We played 5 Hrs. warfare sessions

with less than 10 players, it's not the amount of Radiotransmissions, its simply that some Headsets or soundcards

or what ever are playing that sound so agressivly loud that i had to quit playing (btw. commanding), because i was

already "afraid" of getting any transmissions. And in meanings of Loudness i'm not really a softCake after playing

in a Rockband over 20 years ^^.

My opinion is that the HighBand and Mids are way too aggressive in that "CHRKPFIIIIP".

fREAk, im fully agree with you, that's what I'm trying to explain why need to change sound!

HighBand and Mids are way too aggressive in that "CHRKPFIIIIP"

Exactly!

i was already "afraid" of getting any transmissions

Because sound doing Arty work (Artilery strike) when some dude press CAPS LOCK :mad: :mad: :mad: Sometimes commanders keep radio quite for resting of this f8cking beeps!!!

In general who make this stupid sound?!

TBH its somewhat relaxing that the most people can argue about ACRE right now is the sound of a beep... and not the stability... heh.

what you mean Nou :)?!

if nobody play with acre for who need your stability ;)?! beginers and main part of players dont interesting of stability, he requering in comfort playing, stablity its inside

Can we stop this long discution about a beep ? if the guys don't like the beep he can drop his radio he don't hear the beep anymore ;)

M1n1d0u, you can drop you PC (throw out in the window) :D ;) and you can dont watch this discution anymore ;) :D

Because more players wont to do it too when hear radio beeps, but he throw a headphones :D

no because i think we can have a discution about something more important , like the stability with 50 peoples or something like that. i'm not rude with you so please keep calm !

i'm not rude with you so please keep calm

Yea mate, chill ;) just reframe your message ;)

stability important too, but when something hate you, you dont looking on perfomance! :)

Change beep sound! !R3v0Lt!

I had experienced TG members helping me set up ACRE, but we got nowhere.

Teamspeak 3 is updated, running always as administrator. I downloaded JayArma2Lib_new because I'm running beta, and got new installations of all 3 CBA suites and ACRE itself from SixUpdater. The ACRE plugin is activated in TS3, and I manually copied the 32bit ACRE .dll to the TS3 plugin folder just in case. But when I load the game, I can hear everyone in the channel talking, and get the same 'no radio config' messages as before.

On top of this, CBA_A2 is getting its signatures rejected by the server, but this may be a TG serverside issue.

I don't exactly know what's going on here, but I think we can get by without the insults.

J-Guid

The next time you call an addon maker stupid in his own thread as a way to describe the quality of his work, you will suddenly find yourself unable to access that thread.

+1 warning for personal attacks.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through PM's. If you receive a PM that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's PMs without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.

I've got a solution for that vehicle mounted radio problem.

Follow should work fine in ACE.

First, get in a Airplane or Chopper. -> Go to the Vehicle Rack and choose "Use Radio"

After that, open your map - go to Units - choose your name - click on Gear.

In ACE you normaly have a "T-10 Parachute" in every Air Vehicle. Take the Parachute, or something else in the Vehicle gear.

If you did that, you can receive and send messages with no problems...

I hope that helps...