Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Are you running jlib on the server? Jlib is not required, it might possibly be causing an issue with BE?

Are you running jlib on the server? Jlib is not required, it might possibly be causing an issue with BE?

Hi NouberNou

No im not running jib on the server... wish it was that simple :)

I have a weird issue recording with Fraps, the voice of the mic is out of synchro and sometimes you can hear the radio of another player in a low volume and then the repetition a few miliseconds after but normal volume, same with the shoot guns effects. I dont know if its because ACRE or TS3, but it doesnt happen before. Any help?

I have a weird issue recording with Fraps, the voice of the mic is out of synchro

I've had the same issue with Fraps lately, especially when recording many minutes in one file. As far as I know it's an Fraps issue and can be fixed this way (I haven't tested it yet though):

If you are capturing audio from multiple sources, it's possible that the problem is related to a difference between the sample rate that is configured for your playback device and external input. In this case, I'd recommend that you open the Sound control panel in Windows and select the properties option for your output used for playback. Then in the properties window select the Advanced tab to configure the sample rate option. Try setting the device to use 16-bit audio at either 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz. Once you have done this, check the same settings for your default recording device and try setting it to match the same value that you configured for your playback device.

I've spent several hours trying to fix a problem without any success. Acre is working fine on my Win7 x64 box, but on my XP 32-bit box it works in the sense that Caps Lock activates it and it transmits via Teamspeak OK, but no Radio overlay appears in Arma2 when I press Caps Lock, nor do I seem to be able to bring up the Radio GUI with Ctrl + Shift + X, both of which work on the Win7 box. I copied the @Acre folder and userconfig from the Win7 box and have ensured that the mods are loaded by Arma II launcher in the same order, that Caps Lock isn't bound in Arma2 and changed the resolution to 1920x1080 (same as the Win7 box) from 1280x720 in case the overlay was appearing off-screen for some reason.

Anyone else ever encountered this problem or know how to fix it?

I donwloaded this but i cant find dsound.dll file.
Where did you download it? Use sixupdater, check the beta box and make sure you're downloading Jayarma2lib_new , cause that's the new version WITHOUT dsound.dll ..Of course use beta patch for OA

I'm still having a lot of trouble with this on one of my LAN PCs. I've cloned my ARMA II folders across from my main PC, so I know they're identical and after checking the mod order in Arma II launch is the same I'm satisfied they're identical. It works fine on the first PC, but on the second it only activates the radio sometimes when I press CAPSLOCK and never displays the radio info onscreen.

On both systems, I've got Teamspeak set to Voice Activated Detection, and the Hotkeys are Ctrl+PgUp to mute the mic and ` for PTT (although I'm not using this at the moment, I have tried. It's just easier in a LAN to have it continually transmitting so when we're near to each other we can hear each other talk without having to press anything).

The only two plugins enabled in Teamspeak on both PCs are are ACRE and TARS.

1.3.16.469 downloaded on armaholic and they haven't the dsound.dll in the files.

Forgive me for my stupid question, but I'm completely new to Arma and any kind of mods for PC games. I downloaded ACRE and have teamspeak 3, but I have no idea how to get them to work together. I have the ACRE plugin checked in teamspeak, but when I go into a game it says ACRE not connected to teamspeak.

I could use some super simple instructions on how to get them to work together. It took me a week to even get any mods to work, and finally downloaded 6 updater and just join the games from there. That's the only way I could get any mods to work.

Any help though with how to get ACRE and teamspeak to work together would be great. Remember though I need really simple instructions. Pretend like your telling a 80 year old lady how to do it, who has only used a computer to order her Depends, and get her efferdent.

I should also add that I'm using the steam version of Arma 2. I bought the Arma X edition with all of them on it.

Edited by bevo

Thanks, I'm just using whatever the latest steam version is. Will the new patch make it so that it automatically connects to my teamspeak?

Thanks, I'm just using whatever the latest steam version is. Will the new patch make it so that it automatically connects to my teamspeak?

Sadly no. Steam only offers official updates, but the feature that made ACRE work without dsound.dll only came with one of the latest beta patches (which NouberNou pointed to), so if you´re going to use the latest version of ACRE you'll have to go through installing that beta patch for arma in a mostly un-intuitive way* even if it might give you a headache.

This-Is-ArmA1.gif

*install beta patch and change your startup line to smth. like this:

H:\Games\ArmA2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib

I installed the beta patch just using the install method that comes with the download, and it says beta at the side when I launch the game through either the beta shortcut or by joing a server from 6 updater. I didn't change a startup line or anthing, but it seems to work. Still haven't gotten ACRE to work though. I don't even know where I would find the startup line?

I'm outta town right now, maybe somebody could do a 2-3 min tutorial video about how to DL acre, jayarma and cba via six, how to add the plugin to teamspeak and you put it in the first post and all the explaining is done?

It would be really nice if there was a video tutorial on how to do everything associated with Arma that wasn't just push a button and your done. This has got to be one of the most complicated games I have ever played. In all honesty though that's the reason I'm enjoying it so much.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

That doesn't make any sense to me. I have no idea what or where the startup line is.

you can also use a launcher, like the one from spirited machine. Last week,i was on ts explaining how to set up acre with steam, and we used the launcher. I think thats the easiest way. But with six it's really nice IF you know how to do it.

PreReq: Properly installed Teamspeak 3.

1. Start Six Updater

2. Check the "Beta" checkbox, up top at "Overrides"

3. Create a preset - right click anywhere in the preset tree on the left to create a new one or clone an existing

4. Go to the Mods tab, right click @ACRE and select "Add to preset"

5. Run "Install or Update" - make sure it updates the expansion/beta to the latest version

6. Run "Install or Update, and Launch the game"

Enjoy ACRE (correct plugins and mods loaded, userconfig installed).

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Pics:

2cq1j61_thumb.png 125468o_thumb.png 2i87oe1_thumb.png

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the help guys.

Here's how I've been running my mods. Tell me if I'm crazy or not.

I go to 6 updater, and click on server browser. Then I find the server I want and right click it, do down to actions, and then hit add or install mods and join server. I just let 6 updater create the dynamic one for me. This though is not letting ACRE work with teamspeak. When I get some time later Ill give some of your advice a try. I even go to 6 updater to start the game in single player. I have one preset made for it with all of the ACE mods. Doing it like this is the only way I have been able to get them to work so far.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

I meant the window you get for right clicking ArmA's desktop shortcut and then selecting properties..but as you are using steam i reckon you might not have a desktop shortcut at all.

Here´s some stuff google found

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=57105

I've watched that video probably 20 times, and got an error message everytime I tried it. I don't know what the deal is, but I just couldn't get that to work for me.

If you can'T get it working, i could take a look via teamviewer this week and you hop on TS. I would offer my help , before your heart stops beating :)

I might take you up on that. I'll give the other things a try first, but my heart has got a workout trying to get this game going. It's had my blood boiling more then once.