Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Will ACRE work if some people use the old JayLib for 1.60 stable and some the new version without the dsound.dll and the latest beta?

Cheers,

D.

Should be fine as long as there are no API changes in the future that break backwards compatibility to the old Jaylib.

Most ideal would be once BIS releases another official patch, with the callExtension in.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

ye with beta..Afaik, six updater wanted to modify the dsound.dll and some other things. I thought it might be ok and clicked yes :rolleyes:

There's no dsound.dll needed when running the new beta, the only thing is that SU only detects you are running the beta if it is in fact installed already and at the correct version.

Was the beta enabled and visible in the Preset tree?

Are you sure the dll message was about dsound.dll, and not acre's plugin dll's that are installed to teamspeak?

In the Preset tree you should see @ACRE, and @JayArma2Lib_new if the correct beta is detected, and @ACRE and @JayArma2Lib if older builds, incl v1.60, 1.59 etc are detected.

If you see both @JayArma2lib's ACTIVE, then I suppose there will be strange issues. Make sure you run the latest version of Six Updater (currently v2.9.5.8).

Also make sure you have recently synced with the SU Portal.

For the former case, there should be no dsound.dll processing, other than dsound.dll being removed from the current game execution folder (game folder or beta folder), while for the latter, the dsound.dll should be placed in the current game execution folder.

Are you seeing different behavior?

Edited by Sickboy

well with beta it seems to work atleast untill u die and respwan, after that it just stops working.

i was hoping this would be fixed, but it is not.

when i try to play with vanilla patch 1.60 and i need a dsound.dll, now when i start the game it prompts to update the dsound.dll.

so i klick ok get into the server and it says dsound.dll not loaded check your jayarma2lib installation...

im suffering from this issue for the last 2 releases now and it realy starts to annoy me.

cant u release a up to date dsound.dll with your latest release of acre ?.

not everyone plays with the beta's (i would if acre keeps running after a respawn) but it fails after u die so a proper 1.60 vanilla version would be awsome.

its not that i say i want i, want.. but see it as s suggestion :) love acre ill love it more if it wont fail on me..

@=KCT=BlackMamba: easy fix ;) dont die so much :D

just drop the radio to the ground and get it back. all works again.

<strikethrough> Uhh, i've wiped my pc of everything acre/jayarma2 lib and reinstalled with 6 updater with latest teamspeak and im getting API version problems... </strikethrough>

Edited by Scarecrow398

@=KCT=BlackMamba: easy fix ;) dont die so much :D

just drop the radio to the ground and get it back. all works again.

ill try thnx for the heads up :)

Update your teamspeak

yea, figured that out, i was so far behind it only updated to 3.0.2 the first time.

Great work, but is there any chance this issue can get resolved soon? http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/224

Seems to be a common issue and unreseolved with a low priority. This is a real problem and can confirm it exists on both unit servers amoungst all players. (Insurgency and Domination ACE missions)

Thanks!

Edited by pchaxor
withdrew a false statement

Great work, but is there any chance this issue can get resolved soon? http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/224

Thanks!

Its been that way for awhile (six/nine months?). I just "drop" or "pack" the Rad then pick it back up. Takes a few seconds to restart. It happens 80%~ when respawning. This is on MSO type missions and ACE. Not sure if it happens when you choose respawn, or if you wait out the timer and auto respawn... hmm I will pay attention next time. Though for me the "fix" is 100%, drop or pack then pick up.

Not true with the 148VHF, 343 sure. Just would be nice for them to take this serious and get it resolved.

If it is mission side issues then what do we need to change? The spectator script? any coders now how to fix it?

i only use the 148, and its 100% fixed for me and the players on my server. drop-pickup, fixed. MSO not Domi or Warfare, might be a issue with the jip/respawn in those missions, MSO with "nomad". Fix is fine.

Either way the issue is annoying and seeing bug tracker threads opened, ignored and then closed with no resolution is just silly.

6-9 mos on the same bug??? really? its the blame game. someone fix it please? (We run both insurgecy and domination missions.)

Either way the issue is annoying and seeing bug tracker threads opened, ignored and then closed with no resolution is just silly.

6-9 mos on the same bug??? really? its the blame game. someone fix it please? (We run both insurgecy and domination missions.)

mate, this addon is free. so they can fix it when they found the bug or have the time or want to fix it. and the way you are going is the wrong way ;)

easy fix for you : drop the radio and pick it up. just 2 sec. and all works again. i am pretty shure its the mission, because when we played a normal mission

with respawn it worked. only had this probs with insurgecy.

so take this 2 secs and all is fine.

greetz

Hi masters, how I get the actual version of acre using a script in my missiom?

Best regards

haha they have found the bug, its been reported over and over again and the bug track just gets closed from what I can see. I am just trying to see how or why its not getting fixed or what can be done to get the problem fixed. I know its free and in that same respect appreciate their work getting it this far; if it is money stoppping the bug from getting fixed I am sure the community (including us) can come up with a good donation. I dont think it's that though. I can share that it is quite annoying having to explain the "drop the radio and pick it up fix" to every pubber/person that all of a sudden starts broadcasting to 30+ people in the ts3 channel and wondering why everyone is talking at once. So we will just let this be and since there is no support on getting it fixed obviously we will just deal with it and just keep saying "its broke". Eventually players will just not bother with acre since it has a reputation of "crashing" and not working proper so it becomes more of a hastle. So ok .. I will leave it and just hope that one day eventually they can get the time to look at it and come up with a solution.

Thanks!

Edit: sorry for the attitude here, just frustrated.

Edited by pchaxor

That ticket needs some more information because we have 40-50 people a night using it at United Operations and I have asked again and again if they see that bug and they do not. They'd be pitching a major bitch fit if that were the case. I have been unable to replicate it, and so have many others. It simply needs more information.

Its not something we can fix if we are not getting the bug ever.

You can surely come play on the 15thMEU Recruiting servers and try it out. We think it has alot to do with the Kegetys spectator script and ACRE compatibility. Dropping the radios, pack / unpack, mute and unmute in TS3, quit and reconnect TS3 does not fix. You have to disconnect to lobby and reload back in. Does any of your missions use Kegetys spectator script?

Edited by pchaxor

No, because since 1.3.7 its been marked as incompatible. We are looking at how to fix it though in the future.

Makes sense. I updated the Tracker with ...

I edited the Domination mission and commented out the spectator script init in decsciptions.ext:

// #include "spect\spectating.hpp"

This removes the spectating script but also allows a player with broken ACRE to drop the radio and pick it back up to fix the problem.

I suspect there are also compatibility issues with the respawn script we are using and ACRE also.

I am not sure this is an issue with ACRE itself but perhaps an issue with script compatibility.

I think an ACRE dev might be able to see where these scripts are failing and maybe advise on a correction or work around.

Thanks!

Hi masters, how I get the actual version of acre using a script in my missiom?

Best regards

Anyone knows about that? :confused:

Is it by design that vehicle radios are defunct in the latest version?

Did you turn that feature off because they were a bit bugged before?

Cheers,

D.

ok i'm having a issue that when i'm using ACRE i get a OPEN MIC and my ACRE will be really slow to respond or not respond at all.. i use Voice Activation due to the not having to hit a PTT other than CAPS for ACRE and i was wondering if there is a fix so i can stop Hot/Open Mic but continue to use Voice Activation?

you might need to turn down you mic sensitivity in your options, I guess that may be the cause of it as I had that problem when i first started using VA again.

cheers Nou but i'm still having the problem of the directional sound with my G35's

Try this :

You just have to install generic USB headset drivers and settle for stereo sound.

To do this on Windows 7:

-Go to your Control panel

-Go to Device Manager

-Expand "Sound, video and game controllers"

-Right-click on the G35 entry and click "Update driver software"

-click "brose my computer for driver software"

-click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers"

-select "USB Audio Device" and click Next, then restart your computer and you're good to go

To switch back to your original drivers with virtual surround sound, follow the steps again and just click "Logitech G35 Headset" on the last step instead of "USB Audio Device".

When I try to use ACRE on our public server we get kicked by battle eye with memory error #1

on the server we have @ACRE and the keys and the key for jayarmalib

any ideas ?