Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

i get a error with the hotfixed acre.

first it updates my dsound.dll.

after that it cant determine my arma version wich is beta 88279

at first it works but after a while.. mostly when i get killed and respawn,

my acre doesnt work anymore.

i cant bring up my radio with ctrl/shift/x.

i get a error with the hotfixed acre.

first it updates my dsound.dll.

after that it cant determine my arma version wich is beta 88279

I have the same problem just quoting this to give it a bump, because people seem to pass over it.

Hi all,

is Arma X still not supported ?

Thanks !

Sir, ArmAX is just a package which contains all the ArmA series games. But yes ACRE is supported with ArmA2: Combined Operations, ie meaning you are running Operation Arrowhead but have it configured so you load the content from the vanilla ArmA2

While surfing acre_sys_io\fnc_startServer.sqf i've noticed on lines 66 and 72 this function: acre_syc_core_fnc_resetAllPlayers and I guess it's misspelled, should be acre_sys?

I have the same problem just quoting this to give it a bump, because people seem to pass over it.

Same here;

Version: ArmA2CO 1.60

ACRE: 1.3.15.465

Even dropping the radio and picking it up again doesn't work :butbut:

Edited by Noricum

While surfing acre_sys_io\fnc_startServer.sqf i've noticed on lines 66 and 72 this function: acre_syc_core_fnc_resetAllPlayers and I guess it's misspelled, should be acre_sys?

Nice find that would explain the cause of all these problems with respawning.

I've just finished testing and came to conclusion that there are very serious problems with vehicle rack radios.

I made 3 tests with one more player.

1st test (blackhawk):

1. I have only 343, other player has 117F and 343
  2. I enter blackhawk and press "Use Radio" on interaction menu: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/1.jpg
  3. I try to use radio and it works on default frequency
  4. I switch to same frequency to contact another player and he hears me, but I can't hear him, even the debug hint is not showing
  5. If I try to switch to another radio (ctrl+shift+a/s), I can't switch back to 117, because it's completely missing on radio list: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/2.jpg
  6. If I exit blackhawk, 117 appears on my radio list http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/3.jpg, I can use it and everything is working fine, also one more minor issue if I press "stop using" I still can use 117 until switch to any other radio (even far away from helicopter)
  7. If I then enter heli, I have fully working 117 and can switch forth and back, and we can contact and hear each other

2nd case (harrier):

2. I get in harrier, press "Use Radio" on interaction menu and behavior is the same as with blackhawk, I can use 117, but it doesn't appear on active radio list and I can't hear other person: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/4.jpg, but he can hear me.
  3. If I exit harrier, 117 still doesn't appear: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/5.jpg and I can't hear other person (no debug hint), I can contact with him only using 343
  4. If I enter harrier, 117 still missing: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/6.jpg

3rd case (m1a1):

1. exact same story as with harrier

It's strange to me, that it's possible to override this bug with blackhawk, but not with other vehicles.

I very much hope this issue will be fixed. If needed and it will be looked at I can create a ticket at bug tracker.

Edited by MessiahUA

We exactly have the same situation here as MessiahUA has.

I hope it'll be fixed soon.

Yes, there are very serious issues with rack radios. There has been for MONTHS! In fact since shortly after they were introduced we decided to tell people to not use them because of some serious bugs!

We are not sure what is causing these bugs either. We've tested and tested and tested and we have found no reliable way to reproduce them and when we get them everything appears to be fine except for the fact that you no longer use the radio (its like its ownership gets eaten up by some magic player, possibly multiplayer netid switching!?) Anyway, its very frustrating. I plan to devote some time to it this week, but its really a hit or miss issue.

That being said I almot left it disabled this release, so that should give you some idea of how stable it is.

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Nice find that would explain the cause of all these problems with respawning.

No, that doesn't have to do with respawn, and the only time that code fires is if there is a failure of the IO pipe for some reason I believe and it resets all the muting statuses in TS.

It is misspelled and will be fixed, but I believe that is a very edge case call.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

What I believe we are seeing here is because of a move to a more consistent execution of code, that bugs that are/have been present in ACRE are more quickly exposing themselves due to the lack of script lag. This is a good thing for debugging.

AFter some testing I can confirm that my Roccat Kave can be operated in 5.1 Mode again. The latest TS update must have fixed something.

Sir, ArmAX is just a package which contains all the ArmA series games. But yes ACRE is supported with ArmA2: Combined Operations, ie meaning you are running Operation Arrowhead but have it configured so you load the content from the vanilla ArmA2

Actually OA on ARMA-X is OA-RFT (Reinforcements), and the 1.59 build is not the same as the original 1.59 version, and not supported by JayArma2lib.

However I expect that the 1.60 patch has put it on the same build, and if not, running a Beta should be fine, especially since both the callExtension implementation and a simplification to the OA/RFT build process was introduced.

Well, recently on the TG server we have come into another problem. What happened is during on of our in house missions a script error popped up about an hour into the mission. I do not believe anybody got a screen shot of it. However, I got one our admins to dig up the Server rpt file. This is what it said:

Before the mission began:

"SERVER TRIED TO GIVE OUT ID: ACRE_PRC148_ID_2 EXISTING ALREADY FOR O 1-1-A:2 (**Redacted**) REMOTE"

The player who was affected was our Pilot for the mission.

During the mission:

"Update of nonlocal object 2:33518 called"
(This one actually happened over 1000 times according to the RPT)

The above error cleared for a moment stating:

"Update of nonlocal object 2:33518 called

Update of nonlocal object 2:33518 called

Warning: Delete out of order

Warning: Delete out of order

Server: Object info 2:33518 not found during Changing Owner

Client: Remote object 189:49 not found(This line repeated every so often with different numbers)"

Then we had this:

Server: Network message 5e6d280 is pending

Server: Network message 5e6d281 is pending

Server: Network message 5e6d2a2 is pending

Server: Network message 5e6d2a3 is pending

Server: Network message 5e6d2a4 is pending

Server: Network message 5e6d2a5 is pending

Server: Network message 5e7699f is pending

Server: Network message 5e769a0 is pending

Server: Network message 5e76a55 is pending

Which happened about 30 times total, with differnt numbers each time.

What I suspect to be the culprit is the Retransmission scripts breaking. This specific issue (noted at the start of the post) has occured only, as far as I know, on missions running retransmission.

Actually OA on ARMA-X is OA-RFT (Reinforcements), and the 1.59 build is not the same as the original 1.59 version, and not supported by JayArma2lib.

However I expect that the 1.60 patch has put it on the same build, and if not, running a Beta should be fine, especially since both the callExtension implementation and a simplification to the OA/RFT build process was introduced.

Well the only difference if you have the DLC is that RFT doesn't have the Campaign levels for OA. However with the Steam version of ArmAX it is in fact arrowhead. I can confirm this because I bought ArmAX on steam. I imagine you are correct with retail or other mediums.

Well the only difference if you have the DLC is that RFT doesn't have the Campaign levels for OA. However with the Steam version of ArmAX it is in fact arrowhead. I can confirm this because I bought ArmAX on steam. I imagine you are correct with retail or other mediums.
No idea how it is dealth with on Steam. The Boxed version has a different exe file name called arma2rft.exe instead of arma2oa.exe, and has a different build number than the official arma2oa 1.59.

And was never supported by Jaylib.

The 1.60 build might have put it on the same build number, or perhaps not. Anyway it is not important anymore due to the callExtension support in latest betas and latest Jaylib.

I was playing random mission on dedicated server and first time ever for some reason this error appeared:

Error in expression < _this select 1;

_ret = false;

{

if(_x in _list2) exitWith {

_ret = true;

};

} >

Error position: <in _list2) exitWith {

_ret = true;

};

} >

Error Generic error in expression

File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_muting.sqf, line 37

I've just finished testing and came to conclusion that there are very serious problems with vehicle rack radios.

I made 3 tests with one more player.

1st test (blackhawk):

2. I enter blackhawk and press "Use Radio" on interaction menu: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/1.jpg
  3. I try to use radio and it works on default frequency
  4. I switch to same frequency to contact another player and he hears me, but I can't hear him, even the debug hint is not showing
  5. If I try to switch to another radio (ctrl+shift+a/s), I can't switch back to 117, because it's completely missing on radio list: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/2.jpg
  6. If I exit blackhawk, 117 appears on my radio list http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/3.jpg, I can use it and everything is working fine, also one more minor issue if I press "stop using" I still can use 117 until switch to any other radio (even far away from helicopter)
  7. If I then enter heli, I have fully working 117 and can switch forth and back, and we can contact and hear each other

2nd case (harrier):

2. I get in harrier, press "Use Radio" on interaction menu and behavior is the same as with blackhawk, I can use 117, but it doesn't appear on active radio list and I can't hear other person: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/4.jpg, but he can hear me.
  3. If I exit harrier, 117 still doesn't appear: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/5.jpg and I can't hear other person (no debug hint), I can contact with him only using 343
  4. If I enter harrier, 117 still missing: http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre3/6.jpg

3rd case (m1a1):

1. exact same story as with harrier

It's strange to me, that it's possible to override this bug with blackhawk, but not with other vehicles.

I very much hope this issue will be fixed. If needed and it will be looked at I can create a ticket at bug tracker.

I have the exact same problem here. No Acre = No Game to me.... =(

When I get PRC119 from boat, I switch to same frequency to contact another player and he hears me, but I can't hear him. Help-us nourberNou....

I'm using ACRE V1.3.12.459 and TS302.

Best Regards

I have the exact same problem here. No Acre = No Game to me.... =(

When I get PRC119 from boat, I switch to same frequency to contact another player and he hears me, but I can't hear him. Help-us nourberNou....

I'm using ACRE V1.3.12.459 and TS302.

Best Regards

Please use the latest version available!

Also there is something seriously wrong with how rack radios are working right now and we dont not have the information on how it is occurring.

ACRE UPDATED TO 1.3.16.469

This version should hopefully really stabilize things for a while. :) Good luck!

Also this version requires that the server be running 1.3.16 as well!!! Playing on older servers may cause issues!

when i update via six, i got probs with dsound.dll somehow. i thought it's not necessary anymore?

This version should hopefully really stabilize things for a while. :) Good luck!

Only stability? Nothing changed for vehicle radios? Just asking. Don't want to test them for nothing :)

Will ACRE work if some people use the old JayLib for 1.60 stable and some the new version without the dsound.dll and the latest beta?

Cheers,

D.

Running the beta?

ye with beta..Afaik, six updater wanted to modify the dsound.dll and some other things. I thought it might be ok and clicked yes :rolleyes: