Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

I'm aware of that :) Just makes it annoying as I have to chase all our members up to not only update ACRE but all start running a beta patch that we normally ignore. Will see how we go I guess :)

Sorry, back again. This still gives me the error about an incorrect JayArma2Lib and dsound.dll installation :(
Install Six Updater, Start it, follow this link to select the ACRE mod, select "Install or Update and Startgame".

It will automatically use the old JayArma2Lib version for older game version, and the new one when you are running a newer 1.60 beta.

I'm aware of that :) Just makes it annoying as I have to chase all our members up to not only update ACRE but all start running a beta patch that we normally ignore. Will see how we go I guess :)
Really no need to manage anything manually, especially not when you have a group of players; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

I'm using a Roccat Kave with an Asus Xonar set to 5.1 in the drivers.

Do note that the Kave is true 5.1 and not virtual. The G35 is virtual 7.1.

So you have no 5.1 problems with the Kave? The typical problem for example is that you can hear the player from the right direction but his voice won´t fade out when the distance increases. I guess I´ll have to test it, got a Roccat Kave myself, best Headset I ever had.

We have a few members that use Six Updater for ACRE and they're encountering similar compatibility issues. It's either not installing the addon or it does and then gives them errors saying the version of JayArma is incompatible with their game. Will continue trouble shooting and see where we end up.

Very strange.

Perhaps because they disabled the auto-update functionality of the software and thus are not using a version that supports the JayArma2Lib <=> Game version mess etc ;-)

Also JayArma2Lib (old) is not compatible with every old game version, only very specific ones. Perhaps that's the issue. If using Beta, make sure SU is able to update the beta to the version on the official SU network.

Gents,

I've updated my TS to 3.0.3 and ACRE to 1.13.15, and I'm using ArmA2 CO 1.60.0.88279 beta via SU.

The manpack and portable radios are working fine, but when I try to use vehicle mounted radios, the thing doesn't flow. Simply doesn't works.

Any clue about that ?

Thx

:D

Edited by Etex

Perhaps because they disabled the auto-update functionality of the software and thus are not using a version that supports the JayArma2Lib <=> Game version mess etc ;-)

Found the issue, they didn't have the Beta tick box enabled when updating :)

JayArma2Lib is unchanged from the update a short while ago.

Use old JayArma2Lib for 1.60 official release, and new one for later 1.60 betas with callExtension support.

So you have no 5.1 problems with the Kave? The typical problem for example is that you can hear the player from the right direction but his voice won´t fade out when the distance increases. I guess I´ll have to test it, got a Roccat Kave myself, best Headset I ever had.

No problems with ACRE, but with ARMA it's a bit weird. It works, but it's weird.

when i die in a respawnable mission my radios stop appearing shift ctrl x

instead of acre self interact shift alt e i get a spectator menu

everyone turns global as if i dont have acre at all

WTF IS WRONG WITH ACRE!!!!

Another bug was just found on the TG server. If you use a Vehicle Radio, you get stuck with the vehicle radio, which by the way, doesn't work at all anymore. It did that in 1.3.14 as well.

To fix it you have to get out of the vehicle and drop your radios and then pick them back up. That allows you to use your 343 again.

People have also said that the AN/PRC-119 cannot be used at all.

Any chance or any way to make TRC9200 radio from OFrP mod compatible with ACRE?

Jlib included requires latest beta. If not using beta use old jlib that supports 1.60 final.

I have recently updated ACRE and ACE and none of the missions created or edited by my clan seem to on the server. Any other mission works except the ones we have edited/created.

*EDIT* I have fixed the issues. It seems to have not been related to ACRE and ACE. Thanks anyway Sickboy for your help.

Edited by Rykane
EDIT

Please post your server and client RPT file after trying to start a mission, either on the ACRE or otherwise ACE tracker

I decided to test connection with man packed 117F and vehicle rack (helicopter) and here are the results:

http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre2/1.jpg

http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre2/2.jpg

http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre2/3.jpg

Notice that altitude doesn't change for acre and I could hear player from the ground even with 0% strength, but he couldn't hear me at all at 1km! :(

From the ground just for reference (he could hear me at this point):

http://tacticalgaming.kiev.ua/tmp/acre2/4.jpg

Also I noticed, that vehicle 117 didn't appear when I first entered chopper and tried to use it, I had to disembark and only then it appeared and I could switch to it.

Did you not notice the nearly 65dB of loss that you are getting on the antennas at that angle?

The antennas modeled have a pretty nasty deadzone at 80-90 degrees in vertical angle! Don't try and talk to people RIGHT over head of you.

If you want to do that try the 117 on UHF frequencies (above 175Mhz at least, really above 300Mhz is the best) as the antenna there is pretty good at almost straight up angles.

The altitude btw in that is not your altitude, its the altitude of the transmitter. ;)

Edited by NouberNou

Did you not notice the nearly 65dB of loss that you are getting on the antennas at that angle?

The antennas modeled have a pretty nasty deadzone at 80-90 degrees in vertical angle! Don't try and talk to people RIGHT over head of you.

Didn't know about that. BTW where I can see this 65dB loss? Not an expert at radio communication systems. Will make some more tests maybe tomorrow at different angles. I'm doing it because during our missions very often someone with 117F can't contact with pilots for some reason (clear LOS and very short distance), but another person can with just 148, so I want to find repro for this bug (if it is not fixed already :)).

The altitude btw in that is not your altitude, its the altitude of the transmitter. ;)

Yeah, indeed, didn't pay attention.

And one more thing, I also did some test for this issue http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/194 and I guess it's fixed, but will do some more just to be sure. Also I noticed, that signal strength doesn't change with altitude difference. I guess, that if someone is higher, then his signal should be stronger or am I wrong?

Edited by MessiahUA

Didn't know about that.

You can find here detailed instructions for most of these features in Russian:

badger;1976174']Detailed user guide for ACRE in Russian can be downloaded here. Guide is really detailed.

In Russian:

Подробное руководÑтво Ð¿Ð¾Ð»ÑŒÐ·Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ñ‚ÐµÐ»Ñ Ð¿Ð¾ ACRE на руÑÑком Ñзыке можно Ñкачать здеÑÑŒ. РуководÑтво дейÑтвительно очень подробное.