Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

anyone can give me other ACRE sounds (url or site) or where to find it?

I believe he is referring to the radio clicks sounds. I know and can fully and respectfully understand the ACRE team making their own and using it, but if the team in the future could possibly consider allowing the ability for the users to change the radio click sound(s), or more to the point soundmod makers that are interested in doing them or have already created and replaced the BIS ones, that would be fantastic! :) Here's hoping! :)

it says that I put the dsounds.dll in the wrong place, what should I do?

Where did you put it? If you're running a BETA patch it needs to go in the Expansions/BETA/blah blah folder (where-ever the beta exe is).

If you're not running a BETA patch, it should go in your main ArmA2 directory. If its still giving you the error after making sure its in the right place, something else is wrong - try running TS and ArmA2 as admin.

My another gotta original bug with the ACRE. He has plugin working (visible on TS), he has addons working (as a proof ItemRadio changes to PRC-343) and newest JayArmA2Lib, but his ACRE is not working. It is said on TS that he is not connected to ArmA and ACRE does not initializes correctly in-game, so there is no "microphone muted" message at the beginning and of course no ACRE at all on the server. He tried restarting TS, ArmA or both, problem is persistent. Any solution for this?

My another gotta original bug with the ACRE. He has plugin working (visible on TS), he has addons working (as a proof ItemRadio changes to PRC-343) and newest JayArmA2Lib, but his ACRE is not working. It is said on TS that he is not connected to ArmA and ACRE does not initializes correctly in-game, so there is no "microphone muted" message at the beginning and of course no ACRE at all on the server. He tried restarting TS, ArmA or both, problem is persistent. Any solution for this?

Have him try running both ArmA2 and Teamspeak as admin. I know its been claimed that this shouldn't need to be done to get ACRE to work, but in the past its done the trick for several people I know of who have had issues getting ACRE to work properly.

Works, as always, the easiest sollutions ussualy ommit us. I dont have Win7 on my own so I rather could not find this out myself :P

Thanks anyway!

hi guise !

first off, happy new year, and keep on keeping on with this excuisite mod!!

I have some issues though with a friend of mine.

His mod loads up, he has the correct acre equipment in inventory, but cant transmit anything. He can hear me talking, but just normal chat, no radio keying effects for start and end of transmission that acre is know for. Just normal teamspeak. I used caps lock PTT for acre transmit, disabled arma2 original PTT alltogether-no shortcut. It showed the transmitting tab bottom right, along with the sound effects on my end.

I couldnt hear him in any scenario, just through the normal PTT for teamspeak, which we have setup for CTRL button. When he used the capslock PTT, for acre, I heard him, but it looked liked he was broadcasting through original arma voip, because his name flashed in green, bottom left. When he tries the shortcuts, leftctrl leftshit x or v or the other acre uses, nothing happened.

he uses 64bit teamspeak with respective 64 bit dll for the acre plugin. I use 32, could this be one of the reasons ??

best regards

vele

Make sure your friend is running both Teamspeak and Arma2oa as admin.

-k

greetings nkeny !

thanks for the swift response. I have forwarded this information. But we do both use the steam versions of arma, i suppose that changes something ? He is trying to run TS3 as admin and we are in the process of experimenting with your idea

EDIT : here is additional info. i created a channel, where we speak through teamspeak in case something is wrong. And it says here

ACRE:

Version: 1.3.12

ArmA2 Connected: No

but acre is ticked under plugins..confused

Edited by velebrz

greetings nkeny !

thanks for the swift response. I have forwarded this information. But we do both use the steam versions of arma, i suppose that changes something ? He is trying to run TS3 as admin and we are in the process of experimenting with your idea

EDIT : here is additional info. i created a channel, where we speak through teamspeak in case something is wrong. And it says here

ACRE:

Version: 1.3.12

ArmA2 Connected: No

but acre is ticked under plugins..confused

If its ticked then what you see will show up. Unless you are in a server which is also running @ACRE and your client is properly running the @ACRE folder (run @CBA and @JayArma2Lib first) then it will say ArmA2 Connected: No. Only will it say Yes when Teamspeak 3 is properly communicating with ArmA2 and the ACRE mod.Generally its because the server doesn't have @ACRE or you are not running ArmA2 as admin and/or your mods are not loaded correctly.

thanks Alderman, the savior !!

what an excellent mod !! What is the approx range of the default radio PRC 343 ??

EDIT : I guess I spoke too soon. TS gets "desynced", after i die a few times, and we restart the mission. Now, again it says Arma connected no, no matter what I try. How to run arma as admin if I run it off steam ??

buggeration :)

Edited by velebrz

thanks Alderman, the savior !!

what an excellent mod !! What is the approx range of the default radio PRC 343 ??

EDIT : I guess I spoke too soon. TS gets "desynced", after i die a few times, and we restart the mission. Now, again it says Arma connected no, no matter what I try. How to run arma as admin if I run it off steam ??

buggeration :)

Running it off steam makes no difference. Steam is starting the same .exe for ArmA2OA. However you could try ensuring you run steam as admin, but in your properties of the arma2oa.exe you might be able to check box a run as admin, meaning anyway the .exe is launched it will be in admin mode.

My recommendation is to disable the Useless Administration Control (aka UAC), but that is just me.

The "desynced" issue could be a matter likely caused by your server or the mission file, or both if the server is unable to support the mission you are running. Also latency will play a role in the factor as well if it is to high. Poor mission scripting and servers can also lead to more Desync.

Having an issue: Teamspeak refuses to load the ACRE plugin (and yes, it's the correct 32bit version).

When I go to my plugins, the plugin is in red and has the following text:

Plugin failed to load:

Failed to open plugin.

Ideas?

Having an issue: Teamspeak refuses to load the ACRE plugin (and yes, it's the correct 32bit version).

When I go to my plugins, the plugin is in red and has the following text:

Plugin failed to load:

Failed to open plugin.

Ideas?

Is your plugin for the version of TS you have? API version that is.

Thanks for replying, but I've already resolved the issue. New OS install, needed to DL distribs for c++ and dx

I just recently got the Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headphones, and they do not work with ACRE... All features of ACRE work except that I can hear everyone else in the Teamspeak channel when I shouldnt be able to. I have tried countless times and ways to fix this without any success... Can anyone help me out here?

Teamspeak does not support all surround sound headphones, some do not work at all. Sadly you will have to use stereo sound. :(

Teamspeak does not support all surround sound headphones, some do not work at all. Sadly you will have to use stereo sound. :(

Well they were working before I had to Re-Install windows, and now they don't anymore :(... Could this problem be fixed if TeamSpeak or Logitech released a proper patch?

Well they were working before I had to Re-Install windows, and now they don't anymore :(... Could this problem be fixed if TeamSpeak or Logitech released a proper patch?

Now that is interesting. They worked before you reinstalled Windows? Maybe its a Driver issue?

Now that is interesting. They worked before you reinstalled Windows? Maybe its a Driver issue?

Yes it did work perfectly fine before, all I did was plug in the USB cord and download the latest software to customize the headset. It worked with 7.1 and ACRE was working perfectly fine. However I had to re-install windows and everything else and now it doesn't work? Weird...

Is there a way to force Teamspeak to use stereo while keeping Arma with surround? (using G35)

Is there a way to force Teamspeak to use stereo while keeping Arma with surround? (using G35)

Negative, the G35 (which I also have) can only be set to one or the other globally.

Well, where can we bitch at TS3 to fix it? I have at least 5 friends with G35 that might join in on the petition, if this wasn't already discussed to death on their forums...