Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Using Six, version 1.3.12, I have deleted, reinstalled both ACRE and JayArma2Lib, and moved the dll files. Using the beta 1.6, and no beta, I have no directional. Any advice?

NouberNou, since you and Jaynus work on ACRE, I don't want to step on any feet here, but if the "disabling surround sound" doesn't work. Make sure you're running both TeamSpeak and ArmA 2 as "Administrator."

I don't know how many times I've encountered problems such as this with ACRE, only to find out it's a simple measure to at least check to verify. Usually, that gives me a satisfactory solution. Hope it helps Exikutioner.

Yea, sorry I forgot to ask if you have radio and no directional. If you have radio and no directional its a surround sound issue. If you have neither of those two then its an issue with a bad installation or JayArma2Lib failing to connect.

Disable surround sound mode in your headphones or speakers. Teamspeaks surround sound implementation is broken. :(

Much appreciated. Worked like a charm!

NouberNou, since you and Jaynus work on ACRE, I don't want to step on any feet here, but if the "disabling surround sound" doesn't work. Make sure you're running both TeamSpeak and ArmA 2 as "Administrator."

I don't know how many times I've encountered problems such as this with ACRE, only to find out it's a simple measure to at least check to verify. Usually, that gives me a satisfactory solution. Hope it helps Exikutioner.

Thanks for the additional thought. I constantly tell my unit members the same thing.

Yea, sorry I forgot to ask if you have radio and no directional. If you have radio and no directional its a surround sound issue. If you have neither of those two then its an issue with a bad installation or JayArma2Lib failing to connect.

Funny, another member of my unit is running his client in a 5.1 setup (with a stereo receiver) and never had the issues I did. Odd that this issue only pertains to headsets and not external speakers.

There still no way to get Acre working as of the latest 1.6 beta? I am still getting the Jayarma 2 LIB error.

There still no way to get Acre working as of the latest 1.6 beta? I am still getting the Jayarma 2 LIB error.

Check the Jay lib thread, latest beta supported is 86652.

How do I need to configure acre_clientside_config at server for switching players in game between channels.

Now it looks like this and not working.Channel id is 7 at the TS server.

/*

Serverside configs for switching players in your game between channels during briefing vs while in game

This allows for dynamic TVT breifings without having to manually move peoples channels

*/

class TVT_ChannelSwitch {

mode = 1;

class gameChannel {

id = 7;

password = "1234";

joinDelay = 1;

};

class bluChannel {

id = 25;

password = "";

joinDelay = 1;

};

class redChannel {

id = 27;

password = "";

joinDelay = 1;

};

class civChannel {

id = 28;

password = "";

joinDelay = 1;

};

class indChannel {

id = 29;

password = "";

joinDelay = 1;

};

};

Or this function was removed?

Edited by Tachi

HI All,

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

We run a BAF Domi 2 map on Taki. We are trying out ACRE and works fine except we only have options for the PRC 348 (default) and PRC 119 radios.

With the PRC 119 we get about 2-3km straight line but then lose signal even on PA mode in a vehicle.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this about right? If so how can I call AS or CASEVAC as an FAC from the far side fo the map?

Perhaps I need to add the other radios in? The map is based on Xeno's 2.60

You need the new JayArmA2Lib (v 1.4.34). You will find it in the JayArmA2Lib-Thread...

;2067135']You need the new JayArmA2Lib (v 1.4.34). You will find it in the JayArmA2Lib-Thread...
AFAIK doesn't work with the latest betas, but with the RC1.

AFAIK latest Beta supported is; 86652.

Anyway not too important as that beta is good, you can use the RC too, or await RC2/full patch in coming days.

Gentelmens what about to implement ACM (control chat) in ACRE as variable?

We dev this addon special for radios ;)

HI All,

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

We run a BAF Domi 2 map on Taki. We are trying out ACRE and works fine except we only have options for the PRC 348 (default) and PRC 119 radios.

With the PRC 119 we get about 2-3km straight line but then lose signal even on PA mode in a vehicle.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this about right? If so how can I call AS or CASEVAC as an FAC from the far side fo the map?

Perhaps I need to add the other radios in? The map is based on Xeno's 2.60

Same here using domi, first time we tried acre, so new to how to get it working correctly, perhaps its a domination thing I need to edit?

Ive been trying to figure out how to get more than the standard starter acre radio and 119 (that you get out of the backpack crate) to show up.

in the ammo box, we only have the one radio AN/PRC-343, and in packs we can grab AN/PRC-119, but that's all we have.

any tips?

We are using the newest 1.60 patch, domination version is the DOM260s_160.

acre, ace, and cba,(all newest builds off sixupdater)

Edited by DXWarlock

Same here using domi, first time we tried acre, so new to how to get it working correctly, perhaps its a domination thing I need to edit?

Ive been trying to figure out how to get more than the standard starter acre radio and 119 (that you get out of the backpack crate) to show up.

in the ammo box, we only have the one radio AN/PRC-343, and in packs we can grab AN/PRC-119, but that's all we have.

any tips?

We are using the newest 1.60 patch, domination version is the DOM260s_160.

acre, ace, and cba,(all newest builds off sixupdater)

Have you guys added an ACRE Radio box to the mission?

No they didn't, obviously.

What you guys are experiencing is absolutely normal because to get more radios you need to add them to the mission. PRC-343 is vanilla radio replacement and PRC-119 is ACE default.

From the out of date ACRE pdf (but still valid to some extent):

Features

[...]

*100% ACE2 Compatible

. Integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics.

* PRC-148 PRC-343 now replaces the default ArmA2 'ItemRadio'

Edited by Lonestar

Am I supposed to completely disable surround sound (which is very undesirable), or is there a way to just disable surround in TS3 that I can't find?

Have you guys added an ACRE Radio box to the mission?

Might need to do that I guess :)

thanks, its time for me to figure out how to do this.

edit: After looking around, maybe I missed it. and guides on how to add the box?

I can find one for installing the mod client and server side, but wiki and FAQ mentions nothing of adding acre radios to existing ace missions.

Or am I misunderstanding the usage in ACE with the "integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics."

we are loving the realism it adds, but we cant be more than 2 clicks apart with the radios we can find by default..making coordinating to base nearly impossible :)

Edited by DXWarlock

Anyone having a JA2L error with the 1.60RC3? Mine refuses to work now, get an in game error as well about dsound.dll. Everything was working fine until I patched again.

Anyone having a JA2L error with the 1.60RC3? Mine refuses to work now, get an in game error as well about dsound.dll. Everything was working fine until I patched again.

I am as well. Was working fine with the 1.60RC2 but not 1.60RC3b. Beta 87411 also causes same, "JA2L not compatible" error.

Might need to do that I guess :)

thanks, its time for me to figure out how to do this.

edit: After looking around, maybe I missed it. and guides on how to add the box?

I can find one for installing the mod client and server side, but wiki and FAQ mentions nothing of adding acre radios to existing ace missions.

Or am I misunderstanding the usage in ACE with the "integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics."

we are loving the realism it adds, but we cant be more than 2 clicks apart with the radios we can find by default..making coordinating to base nearly impossible :)

Make sure you have a unit set as player. In Unit(F2), place Empty>ACRE Radios>All Radio Crate. That easy.

Am I supposed to completely disable surround sound (which is very undesirable), or is there a way to just disable surround in TS3 that I can't find?

Yeah, surround sound won't work right now. :(

I am as well. Was working fine with the 1.60RC2 but not 1.60RC3b. Beta 87411 also causes same, "JA2L not compatible" error.

When do people learn it. ACRE Doesent Support ebery new Patch thats comming out. Jaynus or Nou have too bring out an Update of JayArmA2Lib to get it wok.

So for now....ACRE Supports up to 1.60 RC3

When do people learn it. ACRE Doesent Support ebery new Patch thats comming out. Jaynus or Nou have too bring out an Update of JayArmA2Lib to get it wok.

So for now....ACRE Supports up to 1.60 RC3

First, thanks for the sarcasm there, it wasn't needed. Second, a few of us, just found out that we needed to turn the auto-update to "off" in STEAM because it implemented a new "beta" patch. We are not school kids that have to have things drawn in crayon here.

We were just looking into whether someone had actually put out a fix as Nou did for RC1 a few weeks ago.

Except Jay or Nou (ACRE devs), I don't see who could provide you with a fix.

I have a question re direct communication:

Is it normal we don't hear each other talking via direct communication when we're in the back of a LAV-25A2? The driver can hear us but not people sat in the back, which is weird.

Except Jay or Nou (ACRE devs), I don't see who could provide you with a fix.

I have a question re direct communication:

Is it normal we don't hear each other talking via direct communication when we're in the back of a LAV-25A2? The driver can hear us but not people sat in the back, which is weird.

Crew wear headsets, tied into a vic comms system, to be able to communicate with each other. Passengers do not have this luxury.

Then why the driver could hear passengers talking in the back while passengers couldn't hear each other?

I don't see why it should be so, the LAV isn't that noisy and our voices could be toned down easily. It looks like it was deactivated on purpose.

My ACRE 1.3.12 hangs TS 3.0.2 when I have 1 PRC148 and press "push to talk on 2nd radio" button (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+3) by mistake. Actually I have Logitech G13 and I created script which presses these keys.

Also TS hangs after some time playing Arma. Which is quite annoying. :(

All this on Win7 64bit.

Updated bug which sounded similar. http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/173

Edited by PavelKrupets