Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

What keys are you using for PTT and the radio?

please ,i try to read FAQ before asking here,but link is broken. can ACRE work in single player ?

No? Its a multiplayer voice communications mod. :p Doesn't do much good if you aren't talking to other real people.

thanks bro! i have another question and its bigger problem than this.sory if i boring ,but i try everything and read all forum at bohemia int and cant find it answer. -its about writing mod in desktop icon of arma II,i have no space anymore for placing addons there.what can i do ? thanks in advence!

ok, so for the record:

I downloaded your updated package from the last page in here, i put in the new plugin for TS, i took the old dsound.dll , after launching arma it got updated for the last supported beta. Ingame i see acre 1.3.12.459 ..but in TS NOW it says, when i click on my name, on the right side Version 1.3.12 Arma2Connected: No

I never had any problems with your addon, cause it's so easy to use..Now i'm done, cause i have no damn clue what i'm doing wrong

thanks bro! i have another question and its bigger problem than this.sory if i boring ,but i try everything and read all forum at bohemia int and cant find it answer. -its about writing mod in desktop icon of arma II,i have no space anymore for placing addons there.what can i do ? thanks in advence!

You are posting this same question in multiple topics while with the info you provide nobody knows what you are trying to make work and as a result you probably wont get much help.

Please do not post questions in random topics! Search and post your question in the appropriate topic and provide any info which could be usefull for others to be able to help you.

** I leave your post here as I think its about ACRE

Use a launcher or write a batch file to launch the game. Six Updater can launch with as many mods in the path as you want.

Rudy, make sure that things are running in administrative mode, and that you have not installed any over-zealous anti-virus/anti-malware in the last couple days that might be flagging jayarma2lib.

I use acre since it was released Dude, i explained it like 50 times to new guys on our TS, it was working all the time..i was afk for a bit, updated everything, now it's broken. I have both, arma2 and TS in admin mode,

As i said, i know how to set it up, but right now i'm lost in space..so i think'll just leave it right now

ok i found the issue..it's def. voice activation on TS..I used that since i installed TS3 for the first time. But now it's broken..when i use push to talk on TS , it's fine...Bad thing is , i need 2 buttons for talking now..derp..i stick to non-acre though till ts got fixed

Is it possible to get ACRE to work with the 1.60 beta patches?

Nope, still no JayArmA2Lib for any of the recent betas.

..nvm, seems I missed Rudy's "it works now" post :P

Sick, actually it's not working..its only working when i use ptt in TS, but i haven't done that ever before..Cause using 2 buttons for talking isn't a pretty good solution..but as nouber said, it has something to do with TS, cause acre-code is the same since 2 months..

thx for all your help , as i said i'll play without, cause one button for TS ptt, and one button for acre radio ptt is not my thing..i just wanna use voice ac.

cheers m8's

Sorry could not find it , how can i place certain radios in load out so they have them at the start and not in the ammo crate ?

Thanks

try that in the soldier's init: this addweapon "ACRE_PRC148_UHF"; example for PRC148 radio

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Sick, actually it's not working..its only working when i use ptt in TS, but i haven't done that ever before..Cause using 2 buttons for talking isn't a pretty good solution..but as nouber said, it has something to do with TS, cause acre-code is the same since 2 months..

thx for all your help , as i said i'll play without, cause one button for TS ptt, and one button for acre radio ptt is not my thing..i just wanna use voice ac.

cheers m8's

Sure you still have issues, but I was posting a list on how to make sure the ACRE plugin was working etc, and the plugin is working, just the voice activation/ptt issue. Afaik introduced with TS3 3.0.2 iirc, but I didn't quite follow.

ah ok, head is overloaded with work, sometimes my brain isn't working like it supposed to :) ..plugin works..i may contact somebody in ts forum or just wait for it ..

Just an EDIT:

Can somebody also try that voice activation on TS and see if acre works ingame? So i'm sure it's not only on my end..Would be nice, cause i need to sort issues out..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Everyone I play with use 2 buttons to talk. Even those who really complained about it got used to it once they decided to get on with it and bind it to something accessible. Sure it might take you a minute or 2 to figure out a good key setup for you, but it's worth it.

No PTT can be very very annoying to the people you play with.

There is a reason, why there's voice activation..And it's really nice if you set it up correctly..i don't know what you mean with annoying..I use it since i do online gaming..And when i'm in a fire fight with my squad, which is right next to me, i don't wanna press a button to talk to them, i need my fingers for other things..

So as i said, i'll wait till it works again, cause 2 buttons for talking are not my thing..

There is a reason, why there's voice activation..And it's really nice if you set it up correctly..i don't know what you mean with annoying..I use it since i do online gaming..And when i'm in a fire fight with my squad, which is right next to me, i don't wanna press a button to talk to them, i need my fingers for other things..

So as i said, i'll wait till it works again, cause 2 buttons for talking are not my thing..

It always been said by the ACRE Guys that Voice Activation get some problems with acre.

So Whats the deal to press 1 Button more than useally.

It always been said by the ACRE Guys that Voice Activation get some problems with acre.

So Whats the deal to press 1 Button more than useally.

Can we just drop this? I really don't wanna discuss this button thing

I use voice activation. Don't understand why more people don't use it. I don't have ADHD, so I mute my mic when needed. Feels much more immersive.

Talk = talk

Radio = push button

Exactly like in real life.

Using Six, version 1.3.12, I have deleted, reinstalled both ACRE and JayArma2Lib, and moved the dll files. Using the beta 1.6, and no beta, I have no directional. Any advice?

Disable surround sound mode in your headphones or speakers. Teamspeaks surround sound implementation is broken. :(

Is ACRE compatible with any Island ? or do some not work ?

Any island.