Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

I am sorry if that issue was mentioned before, although my friend experiences strange problem. He has ACRE and JayArmA2Lib installed correctly (I've checked it recently) and it does work, because we can hear each other on the radio. Trick is, he cannot hear us in 3d chat. We do, but he always hears us "overseas" if you now what I mean :P

Also, we can hear him properly. Both 3d chat and radio.

What could cause this bug, as I am using ACRE for months and didnt encounter it before?

That is an issue with TS and its drivers for 3D sound. Is your friend using surround sound speakers or headphones?

If he has Sourround sound, he will have to set his system to stereo.

BTW will this be solved in the next ACRE Version?

My friend is using Logitech G35 Headset. Headphones with drivers and built-in soundcard, as he said me today.

Hi masters of ACRE,

What's the API function to verify if ACRE plugin is connected with ACRE ADDON ?

I want to freeze the players who turn off the ACRE PLUGIN.

Best regards

Also interesting....

My friend is using Logitech G35 Headset. Headphones with drivers and built-in soundcard, as he said me today.

I think it has simulated Sourround Sound. He will have to Change his Audio output from 5.1 to Stereo.

With Win7: System control/Hardware and Sound.

In the line where it says Sound: klick on Manage Audio Devices. Select Output device, klick on Configure and select Stereo.

It works for him now :)

And yes, he thanks you for assistance by my person here :P

BTW this is a bug with TS3, not ACRE. :)

Can you say if it will be solved with ACRE 1.4?

Hi!Can you please add such option, that moves all players on server with connected ACRE to special channel(with password) in TS?After disconnecting plugin you get transfered back to the channel where you've been before.Everybody with disconnected plugin cant enter the channel.This option will be very useful for massive TvT games like Serious Games On Tushino(http://tsgames.ru/).We have something about 60vs60 players on server in one time.

Edited by Tachi

I'd think that would require another TS plugin, or perhaps isn't even possible. I'm by no means an expert on these matters, what I do know is if the guys working behind the scenes of ACRE keep bowing to every (unrealistic) whim people keep suggesting, they'll never release the next version. Note, when I say "unrealistic", I don't mean within the context of the game, I mean within the context of two or three guys being able to do it in their free time. Keep in mind they're in some ways limited by the base program, in this case TS3. If TS3 has a core programming bug that prevents ACRE from doing something, its hardly down to the guys at ACRE to fix (nor may it even be possible for them to do so), its up to the guys behind TS3 to fix.

Also it will be cool if you add some voice modes.

For example:

1)Whispering.

2)Normal voice.

3)Yelling.

Every mode will affect the volume of your voice,not when talking in the radio,but in general.

These things are already realized in another radio mode(similar to the ACRE),and if you are interested I can give you a download link for this addon.

Well, G35 worked wonderfully in the first ACRE version released after TS3 released 3.0.0. Unfortunately shortly after ACRE updated again and G35 stopped working properly altogether (worse than before TS3 3.0.0). I really hope this gets worked around somehow, because for the short time it did work - it was pretty damn awesome.

So what about my proposal?

We have some things in the works regarding this.

We have some things in the works regarding this.

Really good news!Good luck!;)

I have a problem..

I have ArmaX and installed ACRE.

When I start ArmA2 or ArmA2OA I receive the following error message :

"JayArma2Lib: Incompatible version of ArmA2 or unable to check version", then I click "ok" and the game launch.

But when I am in the game I see a window with this message : "ACRE: dsound.dll not loaded in arma2! Check jayarma2lib installation!"

Any suggestion as to why happen ?

Thanks !

Edited by Swiso
more error messages

Or for that matter, do you have a compatible version of arma installed for jlib (though that is fairly likely if you are updated to 1.59 and not running the latest betas).

Yes, I have ArmA X and the version is 1.59.

Thanks Sickboy to pointing this out.

What are my possibilities to use teamspeak for multiplayer now ?

How I can use it ?

Thanks !