Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

No, Java did not break anything. It will be fixed in a few minutes, we moved servers at UO and apparently the code in jlib updater was written in a way that did not account for the server being down.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

And it is now fixed.

Hello,

yesterday we tested the new acre 1.3.12.459 and hat some issues.

Radio was functioning very well but the directional speaking was somehow bugged: It sounded like the speech was not 3D (positional) and could be heared over the whole island.

Is that known?

Did you use a 5.1 Headset? If yes, you should witch to stereo. Sad but true....

I noticed something else. If you have mapped a key to mute your micro in TS (mine is <)

then you won´t be able to use radios after pressing that key.

Yes indeed, at least me used a 5.1 headphone. However i had no problems with older ACRE versions (we last used 3.1.6)...

Hello, not sure if i'm right here or if i should post it at the ACE section (sorry, if i'm wrong here), but on our server we have major problems running acre in combination with the ace magicbox and the latest be update.

It seems that every JIP running acre in combination with the ace magicbox and the latest BE version receives a BE client timeout.

As long as acre or the magicbox isn't running, everything is fine.

But together + JIP = BE timeout.

The only thing i found so far in the rpt is this

Warning Message: Picture \idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_mc220r\data\343_icon.paa not found

which keeps flooding the whole rpt.

Edited by Noricum

It seems like generally stuff that look at all existing classes will get messed up with ACRE. I wonder if a workaround is even possible (no idea since I never actually wrote such scripts, but I know MCC uses something like this too that gets messed up a bit by ACRE).

I've already reported it on their tracker weeks ago (it seems down now, so cannot provide link),

but they feel it's not their problem and are not interested in trying to approach it differently to workaround the issues.

When enumerating the config, the scripting engine will get seriously bogged down, and I suppose BattlEye might be limited to the same time slices :)

Edited by Sickboy

no offense here but then 100% ace compatible, as said on the first post, isn't true.

Edited by Noricum

I've already reported it on their tracker months ago (it seems down now, so cannot provide link),

but they feel it's not their problem and are not interested in trying to approach it differently to workaround the issues.

That is a pretty bold statement Sickboy. :rolleyes: I have explained to you exactly why it is this case and that there is no way around it. If you have a better idea on how uniquely identify dropped weapons then please be our guest and suggest how to do it. Till then we have no other option than to create hundreds of unique weapons.

So please do not say we are not interested when that is clearly not the case.

Suppose that was my bold mood :)

Ticket got rejected iirc, not having an idea doesn't mean there is no solution :P

Suppose that was my bold mood :)

Ticket got rejected iirc, not having an idea doesn't mean there is no solution :P

I explained in the ticket what I explained above.

Hello, not sure if i'm right here or if i should post it at the ACE section (sorry, if i'm wrong here), but on our server we have major problems running acre in combination with the ace magicbox and the latest be update.

It seems that every JIP running acre in combination with the ace magicbox and the latest BE version receives a BE client timeout.

As long as acre or the magicbox isn't running, everything is fine.

But together + JIP = BE timeout.

The only thing i found so far in the rpt is this

which keeps flooding the whole rpt.

Never had issues with ACRE and the magicbox.

Are you using the box with ace_sys_weapons_test = true; ?

Because then the box will also add weapons hidden from Armory, meaning thousands of ACRE radios.

Never had issues with ACRE and the magicbox.

Are you using the box with ace_sys_weapons_test = true; ?

Because then the box will also add weapons hidden from Armory, meaning thousands of ACRE radios.

yes, we use it with it and i noticed it, but there were no problems (except some freezes, long loading times of the box,...) until BE released its latest version.

Hi, I'm having some trouble with ACRE and JayArma2Lib, I get the JayArmaLib not compatible message when I launch, then the No Script BB found then ingame the dsound.dll not in the folder message when the dll is in the right folder. I am using the latest version of JayArma2Lib and did the update at launch.

I'm also using ARMA 2 installed from ARMA X. Someone suggested that it might be a build incompatibility as mine is build 79385 and the sprocket one is 79384.

The recent version of the ACRE cannot support the TeamSpeak 3.0.2. Better need an update with the plugin.

I am having issues with my 3D sound. IT only works to a certain distance, of about 30 feet. Their voices slowly drift out as normal, but then as soon as I am about 30 feet away, their voice drops off and I can no longer hear them. Everyone I play with can hear just fine over long distance. Has this ever happened before?

I have a quick question, which I fear might be a dumb question at the same time. In a previous version there used to be a key command for cycling between all of the radios you are carrying, has the command changed or the feature gone away?

Its quite a pain to go through the menu to change every time.

I am having issues with my 3D sound. IT only works to a certain distance, of about 30 feet. Their voices slowly drift out as normal, but then as soon as I am about 30 feet away, their voice drops off and I can no longer hear them. Everyone I play with can hear just fine over long distance. Has this ever happened before?

That's how ACRE works. You need to use the radio for comms over 30 feet.

Hello,

today during one coop mission with helicopter we noticed strange bugs when someone can contact pilot and other person can't using same frequency and 117F/148 even when heli was very close, but unfortunately when I enabled acre debug no hints where appearing.

Also I want to ask if this is an issue on screens:

arma2oa2011102922232775.th.jpg arma2oa2011102921532643.th.jpg arma2oa2011102922044098.th.jpg arma2oa2011102922060857.th.jpg

That's pilot talking via 343.

Hello,

today during one coop mission with helicopter we noticed strange bugs when someone can contact pilot and other person can't using same frequency and 117F/148 even when heli was very close, but unfortunately when I enabled acre debug no hints where appearing.

Also I want to ask if this is an issue on screens:

That's pilot talking via 343.

I'm confused? Were you trying to talk to the helicopter using a 148/117 to a 343? That is impossible.

If you were trying to talk to a pilot using a 343 then thats bad too because the ranges are really not optimal. The 343's max range is like 500 meters. Since we do not implement squelching or anything like that you get bits of it beyond that, but usually its impossible to tell what people are saying.

Were you using rack radios if you were trying to talk on the 148 and the 117? Rack radios have some serious bugs with them right now. We have pretty much dropped our entire code base for those features and are doing them from the ground up, so sorry about that. We advise using manpack radios or the 148s to communicate. The 148s are good radios and can reach out across pretty much any map in the game (max range is about 15km or so) at max power.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

I have a quick question, which I fear might be a dumb question at the same time. In a previous version there used to be a key command for cycling between all of the radios you are carrying, has the command changed or the feature gone away?

Its quite a pain to go through the menu to change every time.

Its now ctrl-shift-a/d by default...

I'm confused? Were you trying to talk to the helicopter using a 148/117 to a 343? That is impossible.

No, i'm sorry for confusing you. All units by default have 343 and we don't remove it, even for pilots, so one of the pilots was using 343 and we heard him on the ground. My concern here was only about the distance (1.5 km).

Were you using rack radios if you were trying to talk on the 148 and the 117?

By rack radio do you mean mounted in the car? If yes, then no, we used only 148 and 117F (manpack).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

One person (RTO) had 117F and he couldn't contact pilot. I had 148 and couldn't contact, but another person with 148 could. That's strange. We also have such problems randomly on other missions and they are mostly related to connection with flying vehicles.

Rack radios have some serious bugs with them right now. We have pretty much dropped our entire code base for those features and are doing them from the ground up, so sorry about that.

That's very sad to hear :(

I hope, that you will successfully finish it sometime.

Would it be possible to update JayArma2Lib to include the build 79385? This is the ARMA X build and it's apparently currently not supported.

Its now ctrl-shift-a/d by default...

Ah thanks, I feel dumb now I was trying alt shift a for some reason.

Hi masters of ACRE,

What's the API function to verify if ACRE plugin is connected with ACRE ADDON ?

I want to freeze the players who turn off the ACRE PLUGIN.

Best regards

Edited by D3lta

Sorry guys, the problem is not related with ACRE.

Thanks.

PS. moderation, please, remove this post.

Edited by D3lta

Sorry guys, the problem is not related with ACRE.

Thanks.

PS. moderation, please, remove this post.

Edited by D3lta

How is "[0] call acre_api_fnc_setLossModelScale;" to be run on an MP mission so that it concerns everyone?