Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

yes I have confirmed its ACRE, I tried running without it, it works fine, no getting stuck dead camera inside vehicle. and I tried using ACRE 1.2.10(using now) and the problem doesnt occur. just since 1.3.00 the problem has come, and I mean their biggest feature is the new vehicle radios, and now I have problems when I die in a vehicle, put the clues together, thats my answer.

yes I have confirmed its ACRE, I tried running without it, it works fine, no getting stuck dead camera inside vehicle. and I tried using ACRE 1.2.10(using now) and the problem doesnt occur. just since 1.3.00 the problem has come, and I mean their biggest feature is the new vehicle radios, and now I have problems when I die in a vehicle, put the clues together, thats my answer.

Remember that this is a third party addon for the game and so is the teamswitch thing you use and being rude about the issue isn't really the way forward to get it fixed.

Report the issue on our tracker please, or to us it basically does not exist. :)

Edited by NouberNou

thanks will do, and no one was being rude...

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

teamswitch isnt an addon either, its a type of respawn, native to the game already, and works fine in MP and SP

Remember that this is a third party addon for the game and so is the teamswitch thing you use and being rude about the issue isn't really the way forward to get it fixed.

lol, Teamswitch is a feature thats been there since A1!

Well, side respawn mode enables teamswitch, similar to what is available in single player.

I'm not too happy with current spatialisation. When somebody is speaking to your side, you will only hear them in one ear. It's very unnatural-sounding.

... the camera stays inside the vehicle as if nothing happened, its really annoying and I hope it can be fixed ...

Yeah, we have had similar problems with ACRE. Time to create a ticket, I guess.

Cheers,

D.

Mine constantly states in Teamspeak: ArmA 2: Not Connected. Help please :(

turn off A/V and firewalls and test it out that way. Some of them block the connection.

Still failing to connecting to ArmA 2 and now its stating that ACRE isnt connected to TS3

edit---

i got it working but now the radio is extremely quiet

Edited by tyler4171

I just downloaded the latest version (v1.3.11) but I can't find the installer (ACREInstaller.exe). Am I missing something?

Copy @ACRE to your ArmA2 folder and copy whichever plugin you need to your TS3's plugin folder. Don't really need any kind of installer.

Hello guys,

I'd like to use the latest version of ACRE in the multiplayer missions I've downloaded from this forum, however the Default Radio from ACRE has a really short range.

I'd like to change the default radio from the PRC 343 to the PRC 148.

Does is anyone know how to alter the ACE files to that I can have the PRC 148 as my default radio?

Thanks guys. :bounce3:

Hello guys,

I'd like to use the latest version of ACRE in the multiplayer missions I've downloaded from this forum, however the Default Radio from ACRE has a really short range.

I'd like to change the default radio from the PRC 343 to the PRC 148.

Does is anyone know how to alter the ACE files to that I can have the PRC 148 as my default radio?

Thanks guys. :bounce3:

Its on the docu... for example on the mision init.sqf:

["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement;

Its on the docu... for example on the mision init.sqf:

["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement;

Hello Columdrum,

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

I, however, have a pack with over 600 missions which I've downloaded from the BIS forum from another thread and it'd take forever to edit all of them.

Would there be a way to expedite to process so I wouldn't have to edit every single one of them? :bounce3:

==>EDIT1: Is there a way to make this script line into an addon so that it'd automatically load whenever I open my game?

==>EDIT2: This is what I've been able to do so far:

I've created a file called "init.sqf" and in it I added the following line ==> nil = [] execVM "prc148_changeto.sqf";

I then created another file called "prc148_changeto.sqf" and in it I added the following line ==> ["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement

I then packed these two files into a "pbo" and placed them into the addon folder of this "mini mod" I am attempting to make.

However, I still can't have the desired effect.

Could someone help me on what I am doing wrong? Please.... =)

==>EDIT3: I've also tried creating a globalscript.sqf and adding this line ==> ["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement

I hasn't worked either.

Couldn't someone provide some assistance?

============================================================

Hello guys,

I have tried everything I could and I still can't create a simple script that could load the PRC148 radio to my units at the start of the mission without having to edit every single mission I have.

Even though a herculean task for me, for many that have already read this thread, this must be as simple as drinking water.

Therefore, couldn't someone in all their kindness instruct me on what should be written in the globalscrip.sqf so that the radio could be loaded whenever I host a mission?

Thank you beforehand for any help. :)

Edited by henrique_rp

First of all this is a forum , it's normal when you don't get an instant answer, this isn't a chat.

Second i have seen a fatal script mistake

==>EDIT2: This is what I've been able to do so far:

I've created a file called "init.sqf" and in it I added the following line ==> nil = [] execVM "prc148_changeto.sqf";

I then created another file called "prc148_changeto.sqf" and in it I added the following line ==> ["ACRE_PRC148"] call acre_api_fnc_setItemRadioReplacement

NEVER , EVER asign to constants anything in arma, as strange as it sounds you are overriding then and causing unknown and unexpected result. So never use nil= X or objnull =.... or any other constant. And that is only needed because the *** editor, on your scripts if you are not using the result you can just write :

execVM "prc148_changeto.sqf";

And will work perfectly

Lastly, and answering to your question, if you want and addon to replace the radio it's as easy as something like this:

#define _ARMA_

class CfgPatches

{

class acre_Radio_replacement

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.01;

requiredAddons[] = {"acre_sys_radio","acre_main","acre_arma2","acre_sys_antenna","acre_sys_radio_base","acre_sys_data"};

version = "1.3.7";

author[] = {"columdrum"};

authorUrl = "URL";

};

};

class CfgAddons

{

class PreloadAddons

{

class acre_sys_radio

{

list[] = {"acre_sys_radio"};

};

};

};

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers

{

class acre_Radio_replacement

{

init = "acre_sys_radio_defaultItemRadioType = 'ACRE_PRC148';";

};

};

Here already packed on a pbo: http://www.mediafire.com/?vcfmbypmfnw07j4

Obviously all clients should have that addon to have the radio replaced.

An alternative would be use a addon( i dont remember the name, something like "server side scripting" ¿?) that allowed you to exec a line on all connecting clients, that would be nice for replacing the radios without the clients needing to have any extra addon.

Edited by columdrum

Thank you so much Mr columdrum.

It really worked. I usually host sessions to my friends at night or on the weekends and we have run out of ACE missions, so we switched back to the vanilla ARMA2 + OA.

However, we'd like to retain the ACRE radio usability since it adds incredibly to the immersion of the game. And since the default radio for ACRE has a really short range, changing it to the PRC148 is really helpful.

Thanks again for your kind help. It was much appreciated. :ok::ok::ok: