Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Update: 1.3.7 (Yes, we've had a lot of test versions)

So, we found some nice nasty bugs over the past few versions, and have them all fixed up. Main post is updated with latest version.

Highlights include:

- Radios not working at distance > 6km (retrans and aircraft anyone?)

- Perf fix RE signal code with large player counts

- Vehicle racks are now finally smoothed out

Live on SixUpdater Official Network NOW

Manual Download: http://acre.unitedoperations.net/1.3.7.439/ACRE_V1.3.7.439.zip

Changelog:

-- 1.3.7 --

* Added: Preparation class definitions for different antenna's and powers in vehicles (not implemented yet)

* Changed: PA mode removed from AN/PRC-119. It now sucks compared to the 117F in all respects.

* Fixed: Signal code was running faster than it should have, causing FPS lag @ greater than 60 players.

!!!!!!!!* Fixed: ArmA2 has a engine bug for positions at a distance, causing signal loss.

This is now fixed. We manually propigate our positions, so signals now always work

when distances are greater than 5km. Yay ArmA2 bug workarounds.

* Fixed: There was a small chance that you would start a mission and radios would disappear.

* Fixed: When you "stopped using" a vehicle rack radio, it would break for a mission.

-- 1.3.6 --

* Changed: Death and spectating completely revamped. Again. Fixes death blip and spectating bugs.

* Fixed: RPT antenna error. Fixes #153

* Fixed: Parachutes had VRC's. Fixes #150

* Fixed: Vehicle racks would stop working after certain amounts of time. Fixes #152

* Fixed: When you died inside a vehicle or respawned, you would still have the radio after respawn.

-- 1.3.5 --

* Changed: Removed ACRE version popup error in TS3

* Fixed: Your radio would not work when you respawned with it and a vehicle rack radio. Fixes #137

* Fixed: Retransmission was not working under some circumstances.

* Fixed: Unmounting a radio while using it didn't get handled properly.

* Fixed: isKindOfRadio/hasKindOfRadio fixed (again, sorry). Fixes #140

* Fixed: Trying to mount a radio while already using one caused a script error. Fixes #141

* Fixed: You can now only "Use Radio" once at a time on a radio. Fixes #143

* Fixed: setSpectator did not work. Fixes #128

Edited by jaynus

Visual studio hates me is why.

Already updated all posts and links with a fixed build inc.

Should i change all files (@acre directory) or only the ts3-plugin?

By the way: Thx for the ultra fast fixing!:) You guys rock as always...

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

For some reason Six Updater gave some players 1.3.6 plugin instead of 1.3.7 (readme in the ACRE folder showed 1.3.7). For me after deleting ACRE completely and letting Six Updater re-download it I got 1.3.7 plugin version, but Six Updater keeps showing that ACRE is not up to date (yellow icon).

Why no love for the 119? Clicking Hi was a hell of a lot easier than stare at this thing wondering what to do, finally pres PRGM, press > a few times, press ENT, > over a bunch more times till you pass the 20000 then go back, Exit, remember you forgot ENT, do it all again, now you can talk at range.

thanks...

Anyone able to map a joystick key to transmit ? (not by remapping the joystick key). I am trying to get the transmit on my HOTAS..

Oops, made a big fail on my part in the last release. Debug info left turned on by default! Thats what you get for testing on a map that has it on either way!

Jay is (angrily) yet another version. :(

Why no love for the 119? Clicking Hi was a hell of a lot easier than stare at this thing wondering what to do, finally pres PRGM, press > a few times, press ENT, > over a bunch more times till you pass the 20000 then go back, Exit, remember you forgot ENT, do it all again, now you can talk at range.

thats done in 5 -10 sec. you only do that 1 maybe 2 times in a mission :D

thats done in 5 -10 sec. you only do that 1 maybe 2 times in a mission :D

Don't bring logic into this! :) I loves me the 119. heh

Nou's debug oopsie has been removed in teh manual link below:

http://acre.unitedoperations.net/1.3.7.439/ACRE_V1.3.7.439.zip

SB will be updating six appropriately soon.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

thanks...

Anyone able to map a joystick key to transmit ? (not by remapping the joystick key). I am trying to get the transmit on my HOTAS..

You need to remap it to a hotkey and use that hotkey for transmitting.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Because we are moving away from the "Ghetto PA mode" the 119 had in the past, in favor of the actual vehicle racks which provide the functionality.

Jaynus is there a way mission side to add vehicle radio racks to NZX hummves.

What are NZX hummves?

at the moment, they must be added via configs. If they are not in the those HMMWV's, it means they are not inheriting from the "Car" model. It is a problem with their addon, not ACRE.

ACRE currently at least adds default racks to root class types

I seem to get a window that pops up on the top right that says "Strength" in a percent of the radio strength and some other variables like RX, DIS whenever someone talks. I would appreciate if someone could help me solve this and try take it away.

I seem to get a window that pops up on the top right that says "Strength" in a percent of the radio strength and some other variables like RX, DIS whenever someone talks. I would appreciate if someone could help me solve this and try take it away.

Read the last page and redownload, either the links on the first post or in the post explaining when this was fixed. ;)

Read the last page and redownload, either the links on the first post or in the post explaining when this was fixed. ;)

Thanks for the quick reply i really appreciate it. I'll download it asap.

What are NZX hummves?

at the moment, they must be added via configs. If they are not in the those HMMWV's, it means they are not inheriting from the "Car" model. It is a problem with their addon, not ACRE.

ACRE currently at least adds default racks to root class types

NZX hummves :cool:

Where can I find an updated document on ACRE? The one that is in the zip file is outdated.

Hey guys,

I cant seem to find any detailed instal instructions for the CO steam version.

What works:

TS3 says its connected to ACRE

When launching ARMA CO I see the @ACRE,@JayArma2Lib Mods in the list

I see the ACRE version number at the bottom left.

In game when using the PPT button (CapsLock) I get the ACRE window popup saying i'm transmitting in the bottom right (the yellow/black window pops up)

I have run TS or/both ARMA as Administrator.

However, at the top right of the screen(in game) i have a messege saying: WARNING. ACRE not connected to teamspeak!. and when pressing the PPT I dont hear any squawk sounds.

(this is testing on my own, in a LAN server)

The above is what I get when running mods through the steam "properties/set launch options"

With steam I dont have any shortcuts that some of the ACRE install tutorials are asking for. All I have is:

Arma2OA.exe (But this will only run OA)

_runA2CO (I use this shortcut on my desktop to run CO)

otherwise I must manually right click on OA in my steam library and select play CO.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be great!

I've tried for many hours to get this working all with the same results

P.S. is the automatic installer no more? cause I cant find it anywhere.

Thanks

Edited by Red_Ninja

;1986605']Try running TS as admin.....

Have also done that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

updated original post.

When launching ARMA CO I see the @ACRE,@JayArma2Lib Mods in the lits

And CBA?

Use a laucher like arma2luncher, it's easy to use

And CBA?

Use a laucher like arma2luncher, it's easy to use

Hi Wolf,

yes also CBA and ACE, Zues, sound, and a couple islands.

I have many mods loaded, I only listed the relevent ones

is arma2launcher compatible with Steam CO (purchased as CO, not individually)?

Edited by Red_Ninja