Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Current Version: 1.3.16.469

Latest Release Date: 02.09.2012

Current TS3 Support: 3.0.5

medium-logo.jpg

Hello again, everyone. We have decided to release what we consider our next stable version of the ACRE modification. As everyone knows, we have been under heavy development and even made a major version number increase without public release. We feel that we have stabalized these features, and are ready for public consumption again. This release contains numerous new features and continuing improvement of performance and stability.

Our continuing goal is to exceed any and all expectations in regards to game communications; allowing for the most realistic and immersive communications engine within ANY current simulation or video game on the market today.

The ACRE team would like to thank the entire ArmA2 community for its support, and is proud to announce the latest stable version of the addon for everyones enjoyment.

- IDI Systems / ACRE Team -

WHERE TO PLAY?

United Operations is the OFFICIAL ACRE COMMUNITY! Come play with us at http://unitedoperations.net!

NEED HELP?

Read the next post!

DOWNLOAD

Available on the SixUpdater Official Network

Development/Current non-public builds available on the UnitedOperations.Net SixUpdater Server

Zip Package: http://raceriv.com/arma2/acre/ACRE_V1.3.16.469.zip

REQUIREMENTS

* CBA - Community Base Addons (not included)

. http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cca

* JayArmA2Lib (Included)

. http://dev-heaven.net/projects/jayarma2lib/wiki

LINKS

Wiki - http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki

FAQ - hhttp://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Troubleshooting_FAQ_Bug_Reporting

Tracker - http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/issues

Whats new in 1.3?

* Vehicles now contain rack mounts and already included radios!

* Rack mounts contain loud speakers that allow anyone within hearing distance to listen to radio conversations!

* Terrain signal code totally reworked! Buildings and other objects now more apparent in communications. Terrain analysis greatly improved!

* Major bug and performance fixes, including the infamous "carrier bug" and game stutter when playing with more than 50+ people.

* ACRE now implements ACRE interaction keys utilizing the CBA framework. Most player should be familiar with these from their prominence in ACE2.

GENERAL FEATURES

* Five ACRE-Specific Radios

. AN/PRC-117F man pack radio

. AN/PRC-119 man pack radio

. AN/PRC-148 handheld radio

. AN/PRC-152 handheld radio

. AN/PRC-343 personal role radio

* Vehicles now contain rack mounts and already included radios!

. AN/VRC-103 (AN/PRC-117F Vehicle Rack)

. AN/VRC-111 (AN/PRC-148 Vehicle Rack)

. AN/VRC-110 (AN/PRC-152 Vehicle Rack)

* Rack mounts contain loud speakers that allow anyone within hearing distance to listen to radio conversations!

* 100% ACE2 Compatible

. Integration with all ACE2 man pack radios, using default AN/PRC-119 statistics.

* ACRE now implements ACRE interaction keys utilizing the CBA framework. Most player should be familiar with these from their prominence in ACE2.

* PRC-343 now replaces the default ArmA2 'ItemRadio'

* Realistic GUI interfaces for radios, they are the real thing

* Directional speaking for non-radio, normal communications

. Real-time 3d positional information

* Realistic terrain affects for radios

. Signal lose & distortion from buildings, hills, trees, and other objects

. Realistic power output and antenna length considerations for all radios that effect signal

. Realistic frequency wavelength falloff; higher frequencies do not travel as far

. Real-time positional calculation for fast-moving objects

* Separate Push-To-Talk key (non-toggle) for using your radio

. If a person speaks on their radio and you aren't on that frequency, you can hear them 'directly'

* Multiple hotkeys and quick-displays for fast information about your radios

* Players can carry multiple radios on different frequencies

. Hot-swap radio hotkey

. Current radios selection menu

. Pop-up display on broadcast to know current radio in use

* Radios are now considered unique objects within the ArmA2 world

. Radios are droppable and maintain ALL settings for anyone who picks them up

. Program a radio and trade it with a player!

. Pick up your dead enemies radio and discover his platoon's frequency

* Man pack Radios have the ability to use 'PA' mode in a vehicle, broadcast at 40,000mW!

* Custom Squawk sounds for all radio transmissions (credits to Krause)

* Realistic distortion effects

. Normal broadcasting distortion

. Signal lose distortion and noise

* 100% BattlEye compatible

* Performance and desync considerations

. All time critical radio information is communicated via TeamSpeak3, server desync doesn't break ACRE

. Crash/Desync fallback functionality. Sound "anomalies" are no longer possible with lag/desync.

. Optimized distance, terrain, positional and signal calculations

. Use of JayArmA2Lib for Named pipes communication; 0-latency inter-process communication between TS3-ArmA2

. Server side garbage collection of radios to prevent object clutter/long mission lag

. Many fixes for ts3/arma2 crashes, server/mission disconnects

* Global 15 second reset for any of these scenarios

* Dead player and respawn handling for both radio and direct chat

Changelog between 1.2.10 and 1.3.16

-- 1.3.16--

* Version upgrade due to many issues in 1.3.15.

* Major stability fixes and debugging information added.

-- 1.3.15--

* Version upgrade due to many issues in 1.3.14.

-- 1.3.14--

* TS 3.0.3 Support

* Performance changes, multiple loops moved to per-frame handler non-scheduled environment.

-- 1.3.12--

* Memory Leak Hotfix

* Fix for Arma2 wrong pos at distance bug fix.

-- 1.3.11--

* Fixed: Cut outs should be much reduced on both radios and direct speaking.

-- 1.3.10 --

* Fixed: ACRE no longer causes cutouts. Wow?

* Fixed: With Stereo sound, you would still hear people really far away when they were REALLY far away

-- 1.3.9 --

* FIXED TS3 ISSUE WHERE STEREO SOUND WAS IMPROPERLY MIXED BY TS3!

-- 1.3.8 --

* Changed: Updated API version and made compatible for TS3 3.0.0 Final

* Fixed: Locality issue where closing a dialog would close it on other clients as well

* Fixed: Muting was occuring oddly for spectators.

* Fixed: Playerlist construction while people were dead was...interesting.

* Fixed: Possible locking and syncing issues with current radio lists

-- 1.3.7 --

* Added: Preparation class definitions for different antenna's and powers in vehicles (not implemented yet)

* Changed: PA mode removed from AN/PRC-119. It now sucks compared to the 117F in all respects.

* Fixed: Signal code was running faster than it should have, causing FPS lag @ greater than 60 players.

!!!!!!!!* Fixed: ArmA2 has a engine bug for positions at a distance, causing signal loss.

This is now fixed. We manually propigate our positions, so signals now always work

when distances are greater than 10km. Yay ArmA2 bug workarounds.

* Fixed: There was a small chance that you would start a mission and radios would disappear.

* Fixed: When you "stopped using" a vehicle rack radio, it would break for a misison.

-- 1.3.6 --

* Changed: Death and spectating completely revamped. Again. Fixes death blip and spectating bugs.

* Fixed: RPT antenna error. Fixes #153

* Fixed: Parachutes had VRC's. Fixes #150

* Fixed: Vehicle racks would stop working after certain amounts of time. Fixes #152

* Fixed: When you died inside a vehicle or respawned, you would still have the radio after respawn.

-- 1.3.5 --

* Changed: Removed ACRE version popup error in TS3

* Fixed: Your radio would not work when you respawned with it and a vehicle rack radio. Fixes #137

* Fixed: Retransmission was not working under some circumstances.

* Fixed: Unmounting a radio while using it didn't get handled properly.

* Fixed: isKindOfRadio/hasKindOfRadio fixed (again, sorry). Fixes #140

* Fixed: Trying to mount a radio while already using one caused a script error. Fixes #141

* Fixed: You can now only "Use Radio" once at a time on a radio. Fixes #143

* Fixed: setSpectator did not work. Fixes #128

-- 1.3.4 --

* Fixed: Divide by zero error when broadcasting to someone inside your own vehicle

* Fixed: Death blip should be gone a bit

* Fixed: Forced CPU Affinity within the TS3 process when ACRE is loaded. Should reduce crashes.

* Fixed: Handling of Teamswitching should be working now

-- 1.3.3 --

* Added: Russian version of documentation

* Added: V2 Signatures

* Changed: You can no longer open a radio in a vehicle rack unless you use it first

* Changed: Virtual rack radios (tanks/aircraft) are no longer "takable"

* Changed: Performance and code initialization changes

* Fixed: Sometimes, on first island load on a dedicated server, radio's would disappear

* Fixed: Vehicle rack speakers wern't attenuating correctly

* Fixed: Opening radios via the interact without closing others would break radios.

* Fixed: ACE/ACRE interacts would sometimes not initialization on mission start

-- 1.3.2 --

* Fixed: JIPs would sometimes hear people as global. A lot.

* Fixed: onvehicleinit script error

* Fixed: ACE radios were borked

-- 1.3.1 --

* Changed: When using a rack radio, it now becomes your active radio

* Fixed: Random game hang/crashes

* Fixed: the dead menu showed up when you were alive

* Fixed: radio speakers now work again

* Fixed: Virtual radios in vehicles would sometimes show frequency any

* Fixed: Volume on the 343 did not work

* Fixed: JIP players would be global sometimes

* Fixed: Other random bugs and crap

-- 1.3.0 --

* Added: TS3 now has a configuration dialog which allows controlling global radio volume for your client

* Changed: updated for latest ts3 version fixing the constant error message

* Changed: Signal code re-worked. Overall terrain detection should be more accurate (no more mystery hills)

* Changed: Vehicle racks do not have a "open radio" button anymore

* Fixed: Various vehicle rack bugs

* Fixed: retrans function rxmtAttachToObj now works properly

* Fixed: Sometimes the client would stutter with > 50 players

* Fixed: "Over water" volume bug (also known as the carrier bug)

* Removed: cntrl+shift+v for radio list has now been disabled. Use the ACRE Interact menu

-- 1.2.11 --

* Added: Vehicle racks are now fully implemented. See http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Vehicle_Racks for details

* Added: Vehicle racks now support "speaker mode" for other people to hear them

* Added: Players dead, or in "spectate" mode, now get a self interaction for modifying spectator mode settings

* Added: api functions. acre_api_fnc_getDisplayName, acre_api_fnc_rack_mountRadio

* Fixed: Ace "on-back" was broken again (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/73)

* Fixed: Turned in/out attenuation for LAV-25's fixed. dumb animation names (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/74)

* Fixed: Bradley's now have proper cargo compartment attenuation

* Fixed: Vodnik gunners were perma-turned out, but had turned in attenuation

* Fixed: startSpeaking didnt trigger on channel change (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/77)

* Fixed: hasKindOfRadio didn't work (http://tracker.idi-systems.com/issues/78)

THANKS

* All the official ACRE testers

* UnitedOperations.Net Community for dealing with me pushing broken updates all the time

* Havoc Company (www.havoc-company.com) for all the 1-on-1 and beta time :)

* rexehuk for killing so many animals on our behalf

* Shack Tactical (www.shacktac.com) for multiple thorough testing sessions

* SSG Clan (www.ssg-clan.se) for so much thorough testing and dealing with crashes

* Task Force Blackjack for their unending unguided testing and bug reports which have helped us so much

* The ACE/CBA teams for random scripting and engine discussions and debugging

* All the various ArmA2 Skype channels for listening to me and nou (Think tank, im looking at you)

* Sickboy specifically for his heavy work and integration on making with SixUpdater became a reliable and extensive platform to deliver ACRE and JayArmA2Lib

* BI Forums community for the support

Edited by NouberNou
1.3.16 Release

Congrats! Really looking forward to these new features, thanks!

Use SHIFT-ALT-E to access the new ACRE Interaction Menu. This replaces CTRL-SHIFT-V.

Use SHIFT-ALT-Q to access the Vehicle Rack Menu to enable use of vehicle mounted radios.

Edited by kylania

Finally vehicle radios! :D

Great stuff, guys. Looking forward to trying this out with our guys ASAP.

ACRE updated on Six Updater Network

1.22 MB delta.

sent 1.22M bytes received 27.95K bytes 357.47K bytes/sec

total size is 3.13M speedup is 2.50

Why not work in ArmA 2 REINFORTSEMENTS? out error versions

Is there a way to add rack mounts for vehicles that don't have them by default, like the BAF Jackals?

Congrats on the release :)

Apparently I am too stupid to create an account on your tracker - no matter what I try, after I registered an account and try to sign it, it refuses to accept my login data. However, you really should consider creating a guest account or something so registering is NOT required for people who just want to help you by reporting issues. If such guest account already exists, sorry I couldn't find any hint on that, maybe something you then could add to the opening post.

Hence I see no other way than posting some errors in v1.3.4.416 here to this thread. Read it or leave it.

Nr. 1:

Error in expression < = acre_sys_core_logic worldToModel (			getPosATL 				 _carrier);
_xAxis = (_rel>
 Error position: <getPosATL 				 _carrier);
_xAxis = (_rel>
 Error Generic error in expression
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_utilityFunction.sqf, line 48

Nr. 2: Appears to be caused by one player mounting a radio onto a vehicle rack and then another player using and opening this radio:

Error in expression <oUpdate) then {
acre_sys_server_obelisk setVariable[_radio, _newState, true];
;
>
 Error position: <setVariable[_radio, _newState, true];
;
>
 Error Type Any, expected String
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_data\fnc_setRadioState.sqf, line 79

Sorry again I didn't report that on the tracker, but as said, I tried and failed.

Apparently I am too stupid to create an account on your tracker - no matter what I try, after I registered an account and try to sign it, it refuses to accept my login data. However, you really should consider creating a guest account or something so registering is NOT required for people who just want to help you by reporting issues. If such guest account already exists, sorry I couldn't find any hint on that, maybe something you then could add to the opening post.

Hence I see no other way than posting some errors in v1.3.4.416 here to this thread. Read it or leave it.

Nr. 1:

Error in expression < = acre_sys_core_logic worldToModel (			getPosATL 				 _carrier);
_xAxis = (_rel>
 Error position: <getPosATL 				 _carrier);
_xAxis = (_rel>
 Error Generic error in expression
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_utilityFunction.sqf, line 48

Nr. 2: Appears to be caused by one player mounting a radio onto a vehicle rack and then another player using and opening this radio:

Error in expression <oUpdate) then {
acre_sys_server_obelisk setVariable[_radio, _newState, true];
;
>
 Error position: <setVariable[_radio, _newState, true];
;
>
 Error Type Any, expected String
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_data\fnc_setRadioState.sqf, line 79

Sorry again I didn't report that on the tracker, but as said, I tried and failed.

can confirm these errors ;)

It works fine for me :yay:

Is there a way to add rack mounts for vehicles that don't have them by default, like the BAF Jackals?

Same question

How can i make it compatible with HEXAgon mod??

Thanks you mates :bounce3:

And again same question... :)

By the way: In version 1.34 no crashes occured since we started testing - seems to be very stable. :yay:

could somebody use a bots or another player's ruck radio? By the interaction menu, not taking it yourself.

If yes, please tell me HOW?

UGAF have been having issues.

Our guys are reporting that if they die ACRE stops working and they need to disconnect from the server and teamspeak then reload the plugin and reconnect to the server. This has only started happening since we updated to 1.3.4.

Standard troubleshooting has been carried out, re-installs, running everything as admin and we can't seem to get it to work. We missing something silly?

Our guys are reporting that if they die ACRE stops working and they need to disconnect from the server and teamspeak then reload the plugin and reconnect to the server.

We're seeing the same thing. I'm fairly sure we've submitted a bug for it, but not sure of the ticket number. :)

Crumbs! That sounds like a fairly show-stopping bug...

UGAF have been having issues.

Our guys are reporting that if they die ACRE stops working and they need to disconnect from the server and teamspeak then reload the plugin and reconnect to the server. This has only started happening since we updated to 1.3.4.

Standard troubleshooting has been carried out, re-installs, running everything as admin and we can't seem to get it to work. We missing something silly?

Is this "all of acre stops working" or just part of it stops working? radios? What revive/death scripts?

We added a 5-second microphone mute when you die. Is this what your experiencing?

jaynus what version of beta the jaylib works, and where i can grab.Thanks

Is this "all of acre stops working" or just part of it stops working? radios? What revive/death scripts?

We added a 5-second microphone mute when you die. Is this what your experiencing?

No mate,

Being patiant little buggers we waited for nearly a minute before disconnecting and restarting as described in my previous post.

An issue that has only just occured tonight though is that when 20+ are using ACRE the likley hood of us crashing has jumped 200%.

For example, the same amount of people using the previous version would not have been an issue however with 1.3.4 we are crashing and dropping connection left right and centre even though our connections are fine.

To prove a point i'm actually typing this while I wait for TS to sort itself out!!!

I'm not a a whiz at all this heavy coding and modding stuff so don't ask me for dump files etc cause I wouldn't know where to start!

I do know however since updating to 1.4.3 comm's wise i've had nothing but problems.

1 step forward....2 steps back i guess :confused: