Sign in to follow this  
malau

How do you combine A2 and A2OA into 'Combined Operations' ?

I have the Combined Operations box-set (not the Steam version) with 2 DVDs etc. (The only maybe 'unusual' thing being I installed A2OA long BEFORE A2) They are both installed into the Bohemia Interactive folder.)

All my versions are the latest, A2/OA and all the addons.

I have no other addons installed except the ones required by 'Invasion 1944'.

I want to play 'Invasion 1944'. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117585&highlight=run+combined+operations

I installed the 1 additional addon it required, and downloaded their 1.2Gb self extracting installer.

When I try to run the game, with the command line .....arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=expansion;@CBA;@i44coit (I have also tried with the "=expansion" removed)

on running the game, it says 'addon extended _eventshandlers requires addon catracked2_aav'.

If I continue then it says 'No entry Bin\Config.bin\cfgvehicles\land_fire_barrel.scope'

The mod shows up under Expansions, but there is nothing under 'Campaign' or 'SP'.

Invasion 1944 is not accepting new registrations, so I cannot ask the question there.

Google says that 'Invasion 1944' seems to need some kind of special configuration of the game called 'Combined Operations' (I thought this was just a title on the box !). People keep saying "you are not running Combined Operations, you need to run Combined Operations" - but without saying HOW you do so !

What is the EXE or the command I need to run that combines all the features of both Arma 2 games so that addons like 'Invasion 1944' will work ?

What is the path to A2?

What is the path to OA?

Do this:

"...\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=c:\path\to\arma2;expansion;@CBA;@i44co" ... (further parameters)

Thankyou for replying.

My path to Arma 2 is:

D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive

My path to Arrowhead is:

D:\Games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

I tried both the path in the way you suggested, they both stopped the error messages BUT now the title screen looks weird, it is a kind of POV of below the sea (but it obviously just caused by missing a whole load of stuff).

And Invasion 1944 is not listed in Expansions, but CBA IS.

Weird.

How do you combine the 2 games if they are both installed from steam ????

There ARE plenty of existing threads on here for combining the Steam versions.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103783

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101214&highlight=run+combined+operations

I tried moving the Invasion 1944 folder into the OA folder, and now I get the Invasion 1944 loading screen, but NEW errors (variations of the 2 I mentioned before), and it still doesn't appear in the Campaigns or SP list.

Plus if I try to run A2OA as vanilla (without command line switches) I get the same original error messages (!) Aw man, I hate this game ! :-)

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I'm going to try uninstalling Arma2 and installing it in a sub folder of Bohemia Interactive called 'Arma2' - this is what Invasion 1944 seems to assume is the default path.

I really hate having to install, FADE is great but it's deliberate disk errors fuck up my IDE Driver everytime, causing it to default to PIO mode instead of DMA mode - meaning it runs VERY slowly and locks up the computer whilst it installs.

Ok thanks malau.

Please post the modlines your tried now.

Also whats the path to I44 - including its addons folder inside please.

Thanks for the replies, and your help everyone.

The problem was caused by me installing Arrowhead before Arma 2 AND installing Arrowhead in a non-default sub-folder whilst installing Arma 2 to it's default folder.

Here's how I fixed it incase anyone ever searches for the same problem.

Uninstalled EVERYTHING including reg entries using Revo Uninstaller

(Steps 4 & 7 are maybe non-essential, but I read elsewhere on the forum that doing this activates certain aspects of the Arma 2 Editor.)

Arma 2 part

1) Installed Arma 2 from DVD to default folder (albeit on Drive D instead of C:)

2) Patched to v1.09 (because DVD installation wass v1.01, and patch 1.10 requires 1.05 minimum)

3) Patched to v1.10

4) Played Arma 2 campaign "EW" and made a save game

Arrowhead Part

5) Installed Arrowhead from DVD to default location (Drive D instead of C)

6) Patched Arrowhead to v1.59

7) Played Arrowhead and made a save game

8) Copied the @CBA folder to the 'Bohemia Interactive' folder

9) Installed Invasion 1944

10) Shortcut now reads "......-nosplash -mod=expansion;@CBA;@i44co"

11) Run the above shortcut and missions appear under SP Campaigns.

Tada ! No errors at all.

I just installed everything to E:\CO on my PC. Super short paths now and everything works great.

I tried both the path in the way you suggested, they both stopped the error messages BUT now the title screen looks weird, it is a kind of POV of below the sea (but it obviously just caused by missing a whole load of stuff).

And Invasion 1944 is not listed in Expansions, but CBA IS.

Weird.

Getting the exact same error with ACE and sixupdate