cleggy

British 'Bulldog' APC

I'm working on a new variant of the 'bulldog' which is armed with the HMG in the remote 'waffenstation'.

Here's a visual representation (picture):

rws.jpg

I've managed to get some of the features working like the weapons ranging/zeroing thingy etc. but I have a question:

Does anyone know where the gunner's joystick is mounted in the interior?

Please don't say "between his legs" - that would be sooo childish, now wouldn't it?:)

going by experience(not in a bulldog but RWS armed vehicles) i would guess the screen and joystick would be underneath the gunner hatch

Woodland version is getting on now, ill send it to you once its done. The version your working on your wanting a woodland version too? if so send me that once template too :)

The joystick's mounted on the Enforcer RWS console that sits on the left-hand radio rack (the one next to the engine bulkhead), next to the commander's seat:

s7000111.th.jpg s7000114.th.jpg

pics by swift88

Any chance of a temperate camo scheme ?

(its going to look just as nice..)

Thanks for the replies, gents.

@da12thMonkey: Just what I needed to know - yo' the man! (etc.,etc.)

Appreciate Swift's pics too. Didn't know there was a left hand radio rack!

@CBFASI: DarkXess is having a crack at a temperate camo scheme while I'm still faffing about in the desert.:)

@DarkXess: Glad to hear your still working on it, looking forward to seeing it 'mean in green'.

The requests for a 'woodland' version of the 'bulldog' has got me tinkering.

Imagine if you will a cash starved British military:rolleyes:, committed to a conflict in a more temperate environment than the deserts of the recent past and forced to deploy the 'bulldog' one more time.

Now, pics of strategically placed sandbags on bulldogs in Iraq suggested to me a potential weak spot in the armour protection around the turret.

I reasoned that in any future deployment something would be done about this.

So I've come up with the Bulldog Interim Bar Armour Kit (BIBAK - pronounced 'buy back'). Here's the general idea...

bibak.jpg

I've also gone for a two-tone camo scheme inspired by the type used (still?)at BATUS in Canada.

bibak_1.jpg

So..... Plausible or Pimped? Thought I'd ask before I get too far along with it.:)

BIBAK looks entirely plausible. Undoubtedly it will be delivered at exorbitant cost for what it is and a REME engineer will comment that he could have done the job for pennies (which he would have anyways, given the pay scale) and on time.

BATUS seems to have a sharper distinction between colours than what you've got on that. It's a clean line, and there are some black shapes on some vehicles it seems. This photo is from Exercise PRAIRIE THUNDER 2011.

Good job on the Bulldog by the way. Thoroughly useful addon - brilliant for missions where you want mechanization, but don't want the "kills everything this side of Christ Jesus" autocannon which tends to make missions a tad easy.

"kills everything this side of Christ Jesus"

Haven't heard that one before - absolutely now my favourite!

I imagine it needs to be said in a sort of 'evangelical' southern(?) drawl.

Thanks for the BATUS reference - the reason I said my two-tone camo was 'inspired' by that style

was so I could make a poor job of it and still have an excuse to explain it away.:)

Was about to say BATUS is a bit more defined. Would you also be doing one with the black rather than just BATUS colours?

Loving the Job mate and cracking name :P

Would you also be doing one with the black rather than just BATUS colours?

If you mean black and green: da12thMonkey has already said I can't do that...

I'm already risking his wrath and scorn with what I've done sofar.:D

Dam... da12thMonkey know's I suppose unlike me I know fuck all squared about armoured carry on.

Haven't heard that one before - absolutely now my favourite!

I imagine it needs to be said in a sort of 'evangelical' southern(?) drawl.

Thanks for the BATUS reference - the reason I said my two-tone camo was 'inspired' by that style

was so I could make a poor job of it and still have an excuse to explain it away.:)

Nah mate, doesn't have to sound inbred (Evangelical) at all. It's a modification of a saying I heard - to give credit where it's due - from one of my mates in the RAR, forget which battalion: "And the LAV's got a gun on it that'll kill everything this side of Megatron. Add in Air Conditioning and I really like being mechanized." The "Christ Jesus" bit was when I was playing a mission Sander made. A Warrior blocked a mixed armour platoon from coming down a road because the RARDEN will wreck your shit in ArmA 2 like a spastic with a sledgehammer tied to his arms. "Oh Christ, T-72! Jesus, he just blew up! I love this gun!"

Add a bit more mud to that and it should look great once you get the scheme put on with a little more 'crisp detail goodness.'

If you mean black and green: da12thMonkey has already said I can't do that...

Hah, do what you like mate; it's your addon.:)

I was just trying to put forward some good reasons for not doing it, and dispel the outdated perception that all British kit still has to be painted like that.

If you're doing all manner of paint schemes like the desert one, green one and the LWC/BATUS/BATUK-ish one; I say go wild.

I know fuck all squared about armoured carry on.

Actually, Rob, that's pretty good too ... will add it to my collection.

@AKM

'Art' is still 'art' no matter how you explain it. :)

Will have a go at the textures but I'm still quite fond of the blurred look because:

a) It looks more weathered?

b) It's a damn sight easier to merge textures if you've made a pigs ear of the mapping!

@da12thMonkey

No offence taken I hope. Just wanted to poke a bit of fun at one of the 'good old boys' from PUKF (who have inspired me since the flashpoint days.)

see, I'm grovelling now...:j:

Looking at a lot of (compared to NATO standards) poorly maintained vehicles for RHS, it doesn't seem that paint lines blur into each other too much under weathering effect. All the other textures look pretty sharp, so it's an intentional thing. Almost looks like someone had at the BIBAK with spraypaint to try and camouflage it a bit better. MoD probably didn't want to splurge on two colours of paint for the vehicle. ;)

British Bulldog Big Bonus Bumper Bundle

or Release version 1.1 if you prefer.

Some new models to play with, first post updated.

To commemorate this unremarkable event... well shoot, I've done gone writ a po-eem!

If, like me, your crap at PvP,

But want to be a plucky little Brit.

Then here, for free, is a British APC,

I really hope it doesn't look like (sorry ...

couldn't think of a rhyme for the last bit).

Aweomse work mate! Downloading it now!

I've been looking for a selection of British vehicles to expand on the gameplay, rescently got all of the UKF stuff too like the landrovers and weapons pack, so its filling out the British faction nicely.

However, I'm still waiting for a Mastiff to come along, its too bad that a few assholes spoiled it for us with UKF's one, but they have the right to protect their creations.

Either way, brilliant job man, going to give British forces something else to fight with when playing mechanized platoon operations with my friends :)

Thanks! and keep up the good work!

G'day mate,

Quite like this APC hyar. However,

Warning Message: Cannot load texture blx_fv432_base\data\track_nohq.paa.
Warning Message: Cannot load texture blx_fv432_base\data\track_smdi.paa.

...these might need to be fixed for the next update. Also, can you please give your APC a displayname a bit better than FV_432_Bulldog_D or W - perhaps just FV432 (W), FV432 (D) and FV432 (RWS W) and FV432 (RWS D) will suffice.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture .....

can you please give your APC a displayname a bit better than FV_432_Bulldog_D or W

Damn, elementary mistake.... STOP

Fix on the way...STOP

One is annoyed at oneself....STOP

Apologies to Foxhound and Old Bear for mirroring a 'duffer'...STOP

Fair point about the display names... STOP

@wiggie

Cheers, a bit of feedback on how it performs (armour values etc.) would be lovely ...err...STOP

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

First page updated with a fix for the RVMAT error.

Display names shortened ... don't want to upset an Aussie with a grenade launcher:D

I did say in a previous post I was a bit of a knob... can't say I didn't warn you!