cleggy

British 'Bulldog' APC

To the sound of a container of bagpipes falling on a rat column

TAG_BLX would like to introduce the FV432 Mk3 'Bulldog' British APC for ARMA2:Combined Ops

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ntnrv8gq2aoaa58

montage.jpg

Current version: 1.1

What is it?

This may well be apocryphal but here goes...

The 'bulldog' is an upgrade to the aging FV432 series British APC.

With a new drivetrain, the addition of ERA and bar armour, an anti-IED electronics suite

and improved crew protection it was designed to relieve the operational burden on the Warrior.

After seeing action in Iraq it was deemed 'unsuitable' for deployment in Afghanistan

and was sent to the knacker's yard.

What you get

The 'Ned Kelly' variant - so named because of the Australian designed 'bucket' turret.

Variant with remote weapon station in woodland and desert camo.

Variant with 'hypothetical' armour upgrade in woodland camo.

I can't claim this model is 100% accurate but hopefully I've done the old girl some justice.

Requires: Community Based Addons (CBA) and BAF

If anyone would like to give it a go and give some feedback I'd be chuffed.

Edited by cleggy

Weird, I was just thinking about this addon not ten minutes ago. XD

DL-ing now, will have feedback and/or lamentations of my horrid driving skills ASAP!

EDIT- Well, I can see why they chose to name it the "Bulldog": It's ornery, it's mean, and it's got a face only a mother could love. I think I'm smitten. XD

But seriously; the addon runs flawlessly on my end, the texturing and modeling work is excellent, and there's nothing quite like playing around with a platoon of them in the editor, chugging over the Takistani hillside like a pack of particularly angry, khaki-colored warthogs. I think this little... er... "beauty" of a machine is going to be on my hard drive for a LONG time. Really excellent work!

Edited by DiscountAnubis

Ooh, this is the kind of thing that makes me fire up Arma 2 these days. Downloading!

Nice release mate! Armaholic informed :)

Also would there be a woodland version in a later release? thanks.

Nice to see this 'beast' finally released. Always good to see more kit for the British inventory. Cheers Cleggy.

Incidentally, why was it seemed unsuitable for A'stan? Is it just... rubbish? :D

Incidentally, why was it seemed unsuitable for A'stan? Is it just... rubbish? :D

When all the all the uparmour kit needed to make Bulldog safe enough to use in such a high-threat environment is added, it's not mobile enough to deal with the Wadis and shitty roads in Afghanistan without getting stuck or something breaking (more likely). It worked in Iraq because it's largely very flat, and the have fairly decent roads.

There are loads of Bulldogs in use in the UK; just without the uparmour kit and ECM on the version we saw in Iraq.

JUst a couple of things mate when turned out you cant see out of the hatch and the drivers legs stick out of the bottom of the wagon, and in the top cover position the gunners arms stick out of the sides of the glass and the gpmg sight is slightly of to the left and you can se it through the cover will post screens to follow.

Other than that cracking job mate hope to see more brit kit in future.

Great looking addon! Thanks for sharing.

First up thank you all for the replies and much thanks to Miller, Old Bear and Foxhound for the mirrors - I knew I could rely on you.:)

Now...

JUst a couple of things mate when turned out you cant see out of the hatch and the drivers legs stick out of the bottom of the wagon, and in the top cover position the gunners arms stick out of the sides of the glass and the gpmg sight is slightly of to the left and you can se it through the cover will post screens to follow.

This is interesting mate! I don't get any of that at my end:eek:

Would dearly love to see those screen shots! ... anyone else seeing this?

@rhaggan:

Thanks for the screens ... tho' this is bad enough without you posting so many!:)

It's obvious they are all in the default pose - so the animations aren't working.

Are you running any mods that might be messing with them? (always look to blame someone else....)

Whats the bloke in the first pic doing (apart from sinking in quicksand)...

he's not in the vehicle at all!

Just to mention about the above problems... im not getting anything like that! I have used plain vanilla ArmA2/Oa and also used SMK Animations and still no problems.

Cleggy, as asked before mate,.. any news on a woodland version? thanks.

Cleggy, as asked before mate,.. any news on a woodland version? thanks.

Sorry DarkXess, didn't mean to ignore you!:o

I could do a woodland version but afaik they never existed, well not in this version anyway. However if I get enough requests for it why not?... no actually I can think of one good reason ... I hate painting textures! Anyone up for the job?:j:

Thanks for the feedback on the animation issue.

Sorry DarkXess, didn't mean to ignore you!:o

I could do a woodland version but afaik they never existed, well not in this version anyway. However if I get enough requests for it why not?... no actually I can think of one good reason ... I hate painting textures! Anyone up for the job?:j:

Thanks for the feedback on the animation issue.

One reason: It may not be suited for Afghanistan but Chernarus has some pretty good roads. ;)

Anyway I too would like to a woodland version.

I support the woodland version idea.

Just make it not so darkish to be used in Takistan too.

In my opinion the colour should match the BAF and UKF woodland versions.

Blimey! Support for the 'woodland bulldog' is growing, maybe we should start a poll!

There I was quietly contemplating a (yellow) version with the remote weapons station and now you've given me something else to think about.

Blooming Chernarus and it's nice roads...:mad: